Petair UK Reviews

Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
Lucy
Petair UK 5 star review on 2nd July 2020
Lucy
Flying during a global pandemic is not easy. Relocating half way across the world with no direct flights and 3 cats makes it even more challenging. PetAir UK have been so helpful to us over the last few months. We were relocating to Costa Rica in one of the most challenging times in recent history. PetAir constantly helped provide options for us - looking at different routing/carrier options and making sure that the cats were looked after in the UK for a period between when we had to fly and when the cats could fly. They handled everything from collecting our cats in Scotland, boarding them for a few weeks in London, flying to to Costa Rica via Madrid and liaising with our import agent at this end. Everybody we've dealt with at PetAir UK has been incredibly helpful and they are priced extremely well. I have absolutely no reservations recommending PetAir UK and would use them again. E-mails have always been responded to within a few hours and they've made the entire process as easy as possible.
Extremely pricey - 800 pounds for a cat, one-way. Only option with British Airways.
Hi. I am sorry you felt you had to leave this review, without giving us a chance to explain. Flying pets is really expensive, I agree, but the fees are set by the airlines not us. We are pet travel agents. We collect pets, advise on the best routes, help with veterinary work and look after the pets very well indeed, but we dont set the fees the airlines charge us. Also, as your cat was a Persian cross, the only option is with British Airways. I hope that explains it better and if you require any more information then please feel free to contact us directly.
Following recommendations by my Vets Practice and a family member I made the decision to use PetAiruk Ltd. We were moving to USA and had left a couple of days before Maggie, our dog. She was being collected from a family member in North Wales so we went for the Gold package as it seemed the easiest option with collection to transport her to Heathrow. This in itself was a long journey and we were informed that we would get a message halfway, on the water stop, as to how she was doing. We heard nothing. We were already in the US at this point and were told that we would get regular updates on Maggie's progress but we heard nothing nor did the family member who was looking after her. I was quite worried as she is a little nervous dog especially around unfamiliar surroundings. I had to email Pet Air as it had gone passed office hours and then had to wait all night until I got a reply. They then sent an email and 2 photos of Maggie. One of which she looked absolutely terrified which made me feel even worse but luckily the last photo she looked a little more calm. The agent then got the handler to message me the morning of her flight which she did and this made be feel a bit better. When we collected her she was so excited to see us and happy to get out of her wet crate. It has taken a couple of days for her to settle and the experience hasn't been a pleasant one for her or for me. All the information and admin side of the process with Pet Air were ok but the updates on her wellbeing were very disappointing. Since her arrival I haven't received any correspindence either. I don't know but maybe I was expecting a thoughtful - "hope Maggie arrived safe and well and thank you for using Pet Air UK Ltd" or something similar! Not much of a Gold package if you ask me!
Dear Helen. We normally contact the person in UK with the updates as this prevents us from waking or disturbing the owner/person abroad who can be anywhere in the world and in any time zone. In the past, we have had angry responses from clients who have been woken. And we do send our clients an email after the flights to ask for feedback and check how the little ones are doing. But i can see that this email was not sent to you. We did send you pictures of Maggie sitting on one our our vet nurse's laps having a cuddle and we did stay in contact until her flight left UK. I think the three star rating is about fair. We arranged the flight and planned the journey beautifully, but we could definitely have improved our communication with you and this is great feedback for us. Please give Maggie a tickle from us and thanks again.
If you are worried about shipping your pets, don't be ! You have found a great company here! We moved to the US 2weeks ago and were worried about shipping our 2 dogs and cat to Atlanta. From the moment of the quote till the day our pets departed their Windsor centre, their service was amazing . Firstly their price is very competitive, secondly they respond to email promptly and nicely, thirdly when you arrive at their centre you can see how much they care about the pets entrusted to them. Nothing is too much trouble and they have made a complex and scary process an easy one. Finally the crates they tailor make are really nice and roomy, our pets liked them so much we decided to give them a lick of paint and keep them as dens for when they need private time. We couldn't recommend Petair highly enough and are very grateful for their hard work!
Thanks tonnes. We loved the pics of them in their crate long after their flight. Have a super time in USA and if we can help in the future then let us know.
Was quoted a price of £650 to take our cats from Gatwick to Toronto. After I booked flights and accepted their offer (cutting off my other options) they upped the price to £825 and refused to offer their original quote. Very dishonest.
Honestly, we made a mistake and have apologised many times. Pet shipping quotes are super complicated and we have found the best way is to work them out manually and we just made a mistake. We are really amazing at looking after people's pets just have a look at all the other 5 star reviews. We had no intention of being dishonest and out of the 10,000 quotes we do each year this happens extremely rarely. I am really very sorry to cause extra stress to this gentleman and his family and am pleased that we were able to find a solution which works well for everyone. Once again, please accept our apologies.
Petair treated our dog very carefully and kindly, they were very professional and Lady arrived safely in Vancouver from the UK exactly as they had said. I would highly recommend them if you are travelling with your pet.
Petair UK 5 star review on 24th June 2017
Petair efficiently carried our dog from the Uk to Australia. Our Steffie arrived safely and happy. We would happily use them again.
On deciding whether to take my cat to the usa with me, I read a lot of reviews about petair all of them were positive apart from the odd one. I asked for a quote and got a prompt reply, always a good start, they answered all my questions and gave advice. I opted for the gold service as I would already be in the usa and my cat was being looked after in the uk. She had a rabies jab at least 30 days before she travelled, that was all I had to do. I had emailed her vaccination documents before I left. Something that you think is going to be complicated and difficult actually wasn't, the gold service is more expensive however for me it was well worth it as everything was taken care of. They kept me informed every step of the way. Basically my cat was picked up from uk home address Monday morning, she was looked after, put on a flight Tuesday morning and with us Tuesday afternoon in the usa. She was happy and no signs of stress. Cannot fault any of the process and would recommend petair to anyone thinking of taking their pet abroad :)
Pet Air worked closely alongside my vet to enable my beloved dog to emigrate to Australia with us. They kept me informed every step of the way and even my own vet praised them highly! I was reassured by their friendly nature and obviously they've dealt with many apprehensive and nervous pet owners like myself, so treated the humans with care too! I appreciated the texts, calls and emails to inform me of the various stages of progress on her journey to Australia and felt happy she was in safe hands. I can't thank them enough, as my dog is now settled and happy. Wonderful staff, an amazing service! Well done to you all!
Transporting my dog was daunting, got to be honest, but PetAirUK could not have done anything else to put me at ease. A truly remarkable service. Max, my dog, was picked up from my daughters house in the UK and delivered to my door in the UAE. I would definitely use them again. Thank you, thank you, thank you PetAir for getting Max here safely and making the whole experience a truly enjoyable one.
Petair is the recommended pet-service by BA, I don't understand why. One actually waits ages for a quote, to then hear that petair canNot arrange for the travel of a 2-month old puppy from UK to Luxembourg because the puppie has no international passport and hasn't got a rabies vaccination. Shouldn't Petair know that there are 13 countries in the EU, among them Luxembourg who accept that young dogs travel with a normal passport and without a rabies vaccination as long as they fulfill the following conditions: https://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-movement/eu-legislation/young-animals_en? It is also part of the IATA convention that young animals can travel under the above conditions https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/live-animals/pets/Pages/index.aspx And as stated in the European-Commission art 576/2013 and 577/2013 this is how easy it is: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32013R0577&from=EN Should a company like PETAIR not know such possibilities and make the life of their customers easy?
We do know these rules, of course we do. But there is no flight which takes pets from UK to Luxembourg. So the only alternative is road transport. But the pets have to go through France - which do NOT allow pups under 12 weeks of age. No countries which border Luxembourg allow pets under 12 weeks old. I think you have misunderstood and think planning these complicated journeys is simpler than it is. We need to balance what the airlines can and cant do, with the veterinary requirements and what is best for the pets. I am sorry we cant help you at this time, but once your dogs are 12 weeks old they can have a rabies vaccine and then they can travel 21 days after that.
I travelled my 2 dogs from the UK to Toronto, Canada recently. The customer service at the UK end was excellent, all emails and worries quickly responded to. I felt confident handing my dogs over to them at Gatwick for their journey. However, what I wasn't aware of was that this was the end of PetAir's involvement. On arrival in Toronto, it took 4 hours for us and the dogs to clear Immigration and I had assumed I would be collecting them from an appropriate dog kennel/enclosure and that they would have been let out of their crates soon after landing as PetAir had assured me that they would be the last thing loaded onto the plane and the first thing unloaded and taken care of. When we arrived to collect our beloved dogs, they were in a cargo industrial warehouse along with all other types of hardware cargo, shoved in the corner and were still firmly locked in their crates. Given the flight was 8 hours and they were probably loaded at least an hour before travel, they were then forced to spend another 4 hours locked in their crates in this huge warehouse with all sort of strange noises etc. PetAir need to look at the partners they are using at the receiving end of the journey. In my case, they were sorely let down.
Dear Sandra It is quite normal for it to take around 4 hours to clear a pet after landing and we do advise you of this. The destination agents are chosen by the airlines and it is helpful to have this feedback so we can let the airlines know and improve what they do. We come up with this situation quite often - we do a really good job in UK planning and getting all set for the journey and then the last part of the travel (i.e. the collection at destination airport) is the only part where we cant really help you, so we do give as much information as we can about the collection procedure. One day we would love to have little Petair offices all around the world so we can help the pets as best we can!
Our 2 cats travelled to spain on arrival at gatwick the services we received was excellent my cats on arrival at spain were not stressed at all and have settled into there new home I would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in there journey and a thank you to Darren Stratton who was very help full and made it possible
I can not thank Darren and the team enough for helping us move our precious pups to Canada from the UK! Sending our pups to Canada was the scariest part of our relocation move. I’ve read all sorts of stories online about dogs not making the travel or having a very distressing travel and it made me so nervous sending my dogs to Canada. After lots of research I chose Pet Air as they are the only company run by vets, and not just a shipping company moving cargo, and they are the only company who genuinely cared about the wellbeing of my dogs. I read online about the horrors of BA and wanted the dogs to fly with Air Canada, and Pet Air was more than happy to arrange. I had a few requirements which Pet Air was more than happy to oblige, and without the extortionate price tag! The pups were picked up by this very lovely lady driver who really showed an interest in my pups - in fact Bella who is normally a very anxious dog, took a real shine to her! The pups were put safely into the van and taken to Pet Air facilities. I was then sent pictures of my pups before my flight to Canada, reassuring me that they were fine. That made my flight so much better! When the pups were on their flight, I was sent a text letting me know. When I picked my pups up, they were happy and relaxed. Their personally made crate was clean and they had loads of water available for them! They were not traumatised by the journey at all! I can not recommend Pet Air enough to everyone. I pretty much researched and spoke to every Pet transport company in the UK, and I am so glad that I chose Pet Air. Now our pups can enjoy the adventures in Canada with us! Thanks you Pet Air. Definitely worth every star!!
Petair helped us with relocating our cat from London to Dubai. From start to finish the staff were professional and extremely easy to communicate with. Our cat arrived safely and without any issues. Would highly recommend their services.
The dogs arrived safely and happy. The team was very well organized, really nice and helpful.
I would like to thank Emma and Darren and the rest of the team for the great customer service. The whole process of moving Pibe, Pibi and Blackie from firstly Spain to the UK and then their onward journey to California was made very easy. The two dogs and cat arrived very relaxed at LAX last week and by following your very clear instructions we had cleared customs and were on our way home within 90 minutes after their flight had landed. I would have no hesitation in recommending PetAir and look forward to talking to you again early next year when my other two dogs will be coming out to join us. Thank you Sandra
I can not thank Catherine enough for all her help and support.Getting my 3 dogs to Auckland..I was using another company to start with because they where cheaper and I was trying to save some cash..It was a big mistake never again it cost us more in the long run as they did not have a clue what they where doing..But thank god I found pet air to sort things out to get my girls out to nz..I was reassured, asked lots of questions and they where all answered. If Catherine could not answer she would find out and get back to me asap..I could not recommend Pet Air enough thank you xx
Pet Air UK were so easy to deal with by email. I moved my dog to Australia with them, almost three years after I moved myself. Coordinating it from the other end of the world was challenging, but the team at Pet Air UK gave me a clear set of directions and a timeline to get everything in place ready for the move, and detailed explanations of everything so that I always felt as though I knew exactly what was happening and why. The transport crate that was built for her is excellent, too - and will be used for car journeys for many more years to come. An added bonus! Most importantly though, Pet Air UK made me happy by safely getting my dog from Norfolk to Melbourne, without a glitch.
Petair UK 5 star review on 16th October 2017
Thanks for your kind words. It is true a picture tells a thousand words and that picture of you and Pippa being reunited is a cracker. Have a fab time in Australia.
Victoria was amazing and we are very happy with the service we received. Our little Lola made is safely to Phoenix USA from the UK. We couldn't have asked for anything better, Petair is a wonderful company that you can trust!!
Petair UK is rated 4.80 based on 250 reviews