Oxford Scholastica Academy Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Oxford Scholastica Academy

About Oxford Scholastica Academy: An inspirational academic summer school in Oxford, where students explore a subject, discover a career and make friends for life.

info@oxfordscholastica.com

8 South Parade

How would you rate Oxford Scholastica Academy?

ISAAC TETTEH / NATASHA TETTEH
ISAAC TETTEH / NATASHA TETTEH
"I LEARNT A LOT FROM THE SCHOOL AND FROM OTHER COURSE MATES FROM OTHER COUNTRIES DURING MY STAY. I WILL LOVE TO BE THERE AGAIN"
Jasmine Bashawry
Jasmine Bashawry
Verified Buyer
"I’d say being able to learn about your major in a very educational and fun atmosphere is what made everything worth it. Being able to also master in other departments such as debating and punting has made Oxford Scholastica all worth it. Another thing that made me happy was that it gave me the chance to meet new people from around the world and understand new cultures.. Forever every single one of my new friends have become my Oxford family that I’ll cherish in my heart. GO THE HOUSE OF ST. GEORGE"
Mariana Quesada
Mariana Quesada
Verified Buyer
"Seriously, Oxford Scholastica Academy was the best two weeks of my whole entire life. I got to meet people that accepted me for who I truly am and the best is that I got to live the whole experience of being in college. Also, I could study my true passion and get to show my culture. OSA was absolutely the best and I do not regret a single thing about it."
"OSA was a great experience that made me sure about my academic path, I made great friends and had so much fun. If I could I would do it all over again"
Hi Kate,

Thanks for your lovely review! It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your time at OSA so much and that it helped you confirm what you wanted to study in the future. Best of luck with your future and do come back and see us in Oxford when you can!

Tim
"I went to OSA in 2014 and attended the maths academy. This experience was so incredible that I don't think I'll ever forget it; I can honestly say it was one of the best summers of my life and a truly life-changing experience. Haikal, my maths tutor, encouraged all of us to try our best and showed us what maths at uni is really like. This was incredibly useful as there's a large difference between maths at school and maths at uni. Combining these lessons with the support of all the staff at OSA, especially the Activity Coordinators who were students themselves, gave me the courage to apply to study maths at uni. The whole setup of the camp gave me a great feel for what studying in Britain would be like, so when I started my mathematics course at the University of Bath, I felt prepared in a way that others weren't. The amazing multicultural environment at OSA was also fantastic, the small group of students meant that we ended up feeling like a family by the end of it and four years later, I'm still in touch with students across the world. Thank you OSA for such an incredible experience! I loved it so much!"
Thanks for this fantastic review Jessie! It's great to hear that your time with us at OSA is still so memorable and that it helped you discover what you wanted to pursue studying in the future. We loved having you with us in 2014 and can't wait to have you back on the team for 2018!

Joud Awamleh, Jordan
Verified Buyer
"Forming new friendships, enjoying new city with caring staff and facilitatung learning about new topic in extremely fun and engaging environment."
Thank you for your great review Joud! We're really glad you had such a good time with us and felt it was a valuable experience. We really enjoyed having you on our Young Doctors' Academy and wish you the very best for the future. Please do continue to keep in touch and let us know what you get up to!

Mubasher Lucman
Verified Buyer
"Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to Oxford Scholastica Academy. Thank you"
Dear Mubasher,

Thank you for your very kind review. It was our pleasure to have your children as students on our programmes here at Scholastica and I'm really glad to hear that it helped give them a sense of purpose and the confidence to succeed. We wish them both the very best for the future.

Tim and the team
"I think this goes to everyone, those two weeks in OSA was a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about, through this program. Classes were very much interesting and loved how the tutor made the class very interactive, not to mention their Masterclasses. Each day we learnt different topics on the subject basing all on real-life events which prepped us for the long-waited 'Challenge Day', which was a blast. We got the chance to explore the beauty of Oxford in those two weeks. It was a shame though we didn't get to visit London but this was for our own safety. Instead, we explored Cambridge which was amazing. Patrons handled us with such great care which I truly appreciate. Always insuring that we were safe and sound and feel like we're at home. Who knew that in those short period of time, good friendship could be built. I wouldn't trade that for anything. Sure enough, the program was one of the best things that had happened for me. Looking forward to paying Oxford and OSA another visit. Shout to Ivo and the whole St. Georges house!"
Hi Ravi,

Thank you for this absolutely fantastic review. It's really great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the course interesting, varied, and engaging. I'm particularly glad to hear you enjoyed our Mock Trial on Challenge day! It was fantastic having you with us on our Young Lawyers' Academy and the team and I wish you the very best for your future studies. Please keep in touch, and do come and visit us in Oxford at some point! It would be fantastic to see you again.

Sofie Aspelund Klevstrand
Verified Buyer
"It was the best two weeks of my entire life! The whole experience was incredible!"
Hi Sofie,

Thanks so much for your lovely review! We're really glad you enjoyed your time with us so much. It's been great to hear what you've been up to since OSA. Please do continue to keep in touch!

Ourania Diamantopoulos
Verified Buyer
"My daughter went to Oxford Scholastica in the summer of 2017 and she enjoyed it so much that when we picked her up, her and all her new friends were crying. Not only did she love the camp and learned so much, but she is begging to go back again."
Dear Ourania,

Thank you for this lovely review. I'm so glad to hear that Georgia enjoyed her time in Oxford with us so much and clearly made so many strong friendships whilst she was here. It was a great pleasure to have her on our Enterprise Academy and we'd love to have her back whenever she would like!

Thank you again, and please do keep in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you both.

Tim and the team
"I met incredible people who have become some of my closest friends today. Also, having grown up in different countries has taught me so much about different cultures perspectives globally."
We're really glad that you had a good time and gained a global perspective!
"It made me happy that I learned many new things and I know the city Oxford and the architecture was amazing and that I made new freinds from around the world and finally is that I visited Windsor and Cambridge"
Fantastic to hear that you had a great time with us! Oxford, Cambridge and Windsor are all so beautiful, we're really glad you enjoyed the visits - they're definitely a favourite for us too.
Richard Kearns
Verified Reviewer
"My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this summer program."
Dear Richard,

I'm really glad to hear Alexander enjoyed his time with us at OSA and felt challenged and stimulated. It was a pleasure to have him on our Leadership and International Relations Academy. I wish you and Alexander all the best in the future. Please do keep in touch.

Muhammad Huzaifa Zafar
Verified Buyer
"Extremely. Its been three years since OSA happened, and still my favourite memories were made here."
Thanks for the review Huzaifa! We're really glad you had such a memorable time with us and it's been great to hear how you've been getting on since. Please do continue to keep in touch!

Tim
(I Think Tim Can Guess Who This Is - Hey There Tim!)
Verified Buyer
"I never thought I'd make such good friends within a mere two weeks, but I did. Two days in my tightest friend group consisted of 7 people altogether coming from 4 different countries and we spent the time doing everything together. I'd hop to class every day, have fun and learn something refreshing, then my friends will be waiting for me back at the accommodation where we gather and set off again to have yummy bites wherever we want. It's a constant adventure in a safe and warm environment, with super friendly staff who aren't much older than us and so are easy to approach and equally great to talk to. I love them. If you want to know how happy I am with OSA, well, it made me pick Oxford as my uni over Cambridge. :) And before you scoff - "well, that must have been due to other factors too!" - yes, but when Oxbridge is really just so similar, OSA was an overwhelming motivation behind my choice because I was instantly attracted by the homeliness of the town. I was drawn compellingly to Oxford by the fond memories OSA created for me :) You might think it's "just" a Summer camp, but this is no other Summer camp and "just" certainly doesn't do it justice. (I probably just destroyed the credibility of my review with this horrible pun.. Oops.) But seriously, I'm sure you agree uni choice is a big decision in your life - and well, let me put it this way. Let me tell you that OSA - a very special two weeks of Summer it is - shaped one of the biggest decisions of my life."
Hi there Odessa!

Thanks so much for the review. We're really glad that you had such a good time with us, and particularly that you made such great, international friends at OSA. You were a great student and it's so great to see what you're up to now, the successes you're having.
Please do continue to keep in touch. It's always great to hear from you!

Tim
"Activities and events were amazing, staff was lovely, courses were interesting and useful. Met a lot of lovely people and got to know Oxford."
Hi Xin,

Thanks so much for the review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us at OSA. It was great to have you on our Computer Science course and it's been fantastic to hear about your continued studies since. Best of luck with everything and please do keep in touch.

Tim
"Gave insight of UK university life. Great experience and met many great people."
Thanks for the review! We're so glad you enjoyed your experience with us.
Shanzeh Jafrani
Verified Buyer
"Helped me boost my confidence and develop my friendships. I honestly had an absolutely amazing experience at OSA, making strong bonds with people who now I call my bestfriends and they mean the world to me. OSA was a fun filled experience and I would highly recommend everyone to choose this academy for their summer school!!"
Hi Shanzeh,

I'm so pleased you made such good friendships at OSA. It was great to have you on our Debate and Public Speaking course last year and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much. Best of luck with everything and please do keep in touch with us!

Tim
"My time in Oxford was simply amazing. There I experienced what was like being a med student, and the actual routine of an uni student. I met amazing people with whom I still talk in day to day basis. My head of house and the other tutors were kind and helpful at all times, they took time to talk to us and get to know everyone. On the end of the course I wished I stayed there forever because George’s( my house) was now a beautiful family."
It's terrific to hear you had such a good time with us! We're really glad you enjoyed both the academic and the extra-curricular sides of OSA and it's fab that you still keep in touch with your George's crew! Thanks for such a great review :)
Ourania Koukoura
"Excellence"
Thanks Ourania!
Douw Steenkamp
Verified Buyer
"My experience at Oxfiord is honestly very difficult to put into words. When I arrived at St Georges I was very scared and intimidated. I didn’t know anyone and was very far away from my home. That all changed in a matter of minutes. Everyone welcomed me with bright smiles and I then realized that the upcoming weeks will be a time of my life that I will never forget. The Summer School was amazing. Going to classes every morning was an exciting experience as we were all on edge as to what we would be doing in class that day. My group was fantastic and I felt at home every second of the way. The whole experience was unforgettable. Form the classroom discussions to the exploring of Oxford during our free time. The organisation was immense! We were always informed of any changes or new activities well in advance and this was something that greatly comforted me. The trips that were organized were very special and every one gave me many memories that I will not forget. The friendships I made will last me a lifetime. Oxford taught me many life lessons that I will keep with me until I die."
Hi Douw,

Thanks so much for your review! It was a real pleasure having you on our Enterprise Academy and I'm so glad to hear we made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your time with us so much. It's always great to hear how strong the friendships made at OSA are and I'm so pleased you have fond memories of Oxford.

Best of luck with everything in the future, and please do keep in touch with us! We'd love to hear more about what your next adventures hold.

Tommy Wimmer
Verified Reviewer
"Oxford Scholastica Academy helped me get over my fear of public speaking, along with giving me confidence in my ablility to be in front of a crowd. It also alowed me to learn how to navigate and live by myself, something I have never had experience with before."
Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your lovely review. It's really fantastic to hear that you felt our Debate and Public Speaking course helped build your confidence and overcome your fear. It was a real pleasure for us to have you on the course and welcome you to Oxford. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Please do keep in touch!

Anandi Wimmer
Verified Reviewer
"My son, Tommy, who was so shy speaking in public, decided to take the Debate and Public Speaking Academy. Over the course of two weeks, in small group sessions and under the attentive care of his instructors, he emerged confident, and eloquent. In fact, he gave a thoughtful and elegant speech at the graduation in front of a large crowd of people. I am grateful to Photis, and all at Oxford Scholastica, for a wonderful summer immersion experience that has changed Tommy forever."
Dear Anandi,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a real pleasure having Tommy here at Oxford Scholastica over the summer and I know I speak for the whole team when I say we're so glad that Tommy found the experience worthwhile and uplifting. One of our core values is helping students realise their potential to be the best version of themselves so it means a lot to us to hear how valuable Tommy found his time with us.

We wish Tommy all the very best in his future, and thank you again for sending him to us.

Dear Anandi,

Thank you so much for this lovely review. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt our programme was so valuable for Tommy. It was a real pleasure for us to have him here in Oxford on our Debate and Public Speaking Academy and it was great to watch him develop in confidence and ability as the two weeks continued. I know I speak for all the team when I say we wish him all the very best for the future. Please do keep in touch with us; we'll always be thrilled to hear from both of you.

Oxford Scholastica Academy is rated 4.83 based on 357 reviews