Oxford Scholastica Academy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Oxford Scholastica Academy
Read Oxford Scholastica Academy Reviews

About Oxford Scholastica Academy:

An inspirational academic summer school in Oxford, where students explore a subject, discover a career and make friends for life.

info@oxfordscholastica.com

Oxford Scholastica Academy 5 star review on 12th January 2018
Oxford Scholastica Academy 5 star review on 11th January 2018
Noorejehan Umar
More Photos & Videos
The course was truly excellent and it helped my daughter a lot. She found it very intriguing, interesting and informative..
Sad to have a company profit in times of Covid-19 when humanity is supposed to come together. Despite being unable to reach London because of no flights, the company would not refund the deposit. One has to wonder what kind of education will the impart in their summer program.
Have an international student signed up this year. Inspite of no flights to the UK from our country, they refused to refund our money. in such times, its sad to see educational institute take such a stand. Seems totally commercial
The two weeks I spent at Scholastica changed my life — as a person, student, and friend. I was able to open myself up to new cultures, new people, new experiences, and new knowledge. The law course challenged my academic character and made me feel completely assured in my decision to pursue Law as my subject for further education, and maybe even my career. I made friends that I’ll be lucky to have for a lifetime at Scholastica — in my peers, and in the staff. The warmth and comfort with which the Scholastica family opened their arms to me is truly incredible. The support, friendships, and knowledge I gained from just two weeks with a small group of people will continue to be with me for a very long time. Thank you, OSA! I strongly recommend Scholastica to anyone who has the opportunity to apply!
An incredible summer school with a warm and welcoming staff. Loved the two weeks I spent at scholastica, both in terms of academics and social life. The law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The scholastica community also really leaves you with an excellent support network even after the summer school, as I received help with for example my university application and constantly stay in touch with people I met at scholastica. Overall, the summer school was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
I've always shared a passion for business, but have never really got the chance to explore it further than school. But then I came across the OSA Scholarship, after been shown a video in my school assembly, I was instantly hooked and wanted to research into it quickly. Having looked at the courses the Academy offers, Enterprise stood out and I read all the information about the course I could and applied contently. When I got selected and started receiving emails in terms of the start of the summer school, I got more and more excited. As nervous as I was on the first day, I was happier throughout the whole journey! The lovely people I met have grown so close to me and I have made so many amazing memories with them! I loved learning about different cultures and lifestyles and how traditions here differ from elsewhere, and the love they shared for Oxford showed me how beautiful this place actually is! Interestingly, I have memories attached to nearly every corner of central town; where we had dinner with our house groups and lunch with my friends, and now I can't walk past without having stopped to look back at those times! The most difficult part has got to be departures day, leaving the people you grow so close to in little time is really sad and there has to be a reunion! My tutor for Enterprise was really nice and he got to know every class member really well impressively quickly! The class sizes were small to receive a greater tutor focus individually, but big enough to have some well debated group discussions! The feedback he gave to me really helped in the development of my skills and he played a big hand in making me a more confident person, especially after the hands-on brand challenge! My favourite was when we had competitions on who could use and apply an intense formula the quickest in class! The staff were an incredible support system and what I loved the most is that the age gap between them and us wasn't too big and this helped them understand us very well and always took care of every single person! I made so many memories with the team itself that they just became our friends by the end of it! I still remember watching the OSA video where someone said that they had the best two weeks of their summer, in response to that, I thought 'you're just saying that, it can't be that good!' But I can now proudly say that I've not only had the best two weeks of my summer, but my whole life! I've never done anything like this; OSA has exceeded my expectations and I am glad to have made valuable memories with it, which I will cherish forever!
Oxford Scholastica Academy 5 star review on 16th August 2018
Hi Mariam,

Thank you so much for this incredible review! We're so glad that we managed to give you such a memorable two weeks - we loved having you, and we're so glad you had a good time too.

I'm sure you'll go on to do amazing things, so please do stay in touch and keep us updated on how you get on!

Shannon

PS - we passed your lovely comments about the teaching on to Yevhenii too :)
Oxford Scholastica was a great experience for to learn new thing, not just from computing but also about leadership, debating and alot more. I made a lot of new friends, and i hope that these friends will be friends for a long time because in these two weeks be all gained a strong bond with eachother
Oxford Scholastica Academy 5 star review on 15th August 2018
Hi Jayden!

Thanks so much for your lovely review - it's particularly great to hear that you felt like the masterclasses and activities outside your Computer Science classes also taught you a lot. Do keep in touch with all your new OSA friends, and let us know what you go on to do in the future!

Shannon
This has been the most memorable experience of my life. The staff was so sweet which included Eliza, Kate, Jessie, Will, Dan and Tessa. They are such amazing people and I honestly couldn’t have chose a better house than Cherwell. I made such good friends from all around the world who I am so close to and who i have grown to love. Leaving this summer school was the saddest thing I’ve ever had to do but I will never let go of this experience. If I could do this again with the same staff and the same people I would without hesitation. OSA is my second home.
Hi Minahil,

We're so glad to hear that the summer school had such an impact! Do stay in touch with us, as well as all your new friends, and let us know what you get up to. We would really love to have you back again in another year - you're definitely part of the OSA family now!

Shannon
Everyone was so sweet and kind and I feel as if I've learned a lot from the classes. The activities were also extremely fun. All members of staff were amazing and caring as well - Eliza, Jessie, Will, Kate, Tessa, Dan. Though, a lot of us were strongly upset that Eliza wouldn't be there on the last two days, and she wouldn't be there for graduation either. But overall, this summer school was brilliant.
Hi Alena,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We loved having you with us this summer, and we're so glad that you had a great time here. I know that Eliza was very sad that she couldn't be there for the final day too, but I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that she had a great time graduating from university!

Do keep in touch and let us know what you get up to in the future.

Shannon
Oxford Scholastica was a great experience for my son. Thanks to a combination of academics and extra-curricural activities (trips, sport, fun) OSA made an unforgettable summer for him. He made new friends, enjoyed being independent (14 years old), liked his stay in the campus (Lampl building) and last but not least he learned new things in Discover Technology course. I would definitely recommend OSA as very well-organized Summer school.
it was inclusive and accepted everyone that came and go
OSA was a great experience that made me sure about my academic path, I made great friends and had so much fun. If I could I would do it all over again
Hi Kate,

Thanks for your lovely review! It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your time at OSA so much and that it helped you confirm what you wanted to study in the future. Best of luck with your future and do come back and see us in Oxford when you can!

Tim
I went to OSA in 2014 and attended the maths academy. This experience was so incredible that I don't think I'll ever forget it; I can honestly say it was one of the best summers of my life and a truly life-changing experience. Haikal, my maths tutor, encouraged all of us to try our best and showed us what maths at uni is really like. This was incredibly useful as there's a large difference between maths at school and maths at uni. Combining these lessons with the support of all the staff at OSA, especially the Activity Coordinators who were students themselves, gave me the courage to apply to study maths at uni. The whole setup of the camp gave me a great feel for what studying in Britain would be like, so when I started my mathematics course at the University of Bath, I felt prepared in a way that others weren't.
The amazing multicultural environment at OSA was also fantastic, the small group of students meant that we ended up feeling like a family by the end of it and four years later, I'm still in touch with students across the world.
Thank you OSA for such an incredible experience! I loved it so much!
Thanks for this fantastic review Jessie! It's great to hear that your time with us at OSA is still so memorable and that it helped you discover what you wanted to pursue studying in the future. We loved having you with us in 2014 and can't wait to have you back on the team for 2018!

All the best,

Tim
Forming new friendships, enjoying new city with caring staff and facilitatung learning about new topic in extremely fun and engaging environment.
Thank you for your great review Joud! We're really glad you had such a good time with us and felt it was a valuable experience. We really enjoyed having you on our Young Doctors' Academy and wish you the very best for the future. Please do continue to keep in touch and let us know what you get up to!

All the best,

Tim
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to Oxford Scholastica Academy.

Dear Mubasher,

Thank you for your very kind review. It was our pleasure to have your children as students on our programmes here at Scholastica and I'm really glad to hear that it helped give them a sense of purpose and the confidence to succeed. We wish them both the very best for the future.

Tim and the team
I think this goes to everyone, those two weeks in OSA was a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about, through this program. Classes were very much interesting and loved how the tutor made the class very interactive, not to mention their Masterclasses. Each day we learnt different topics on the subject basing all on real-life events which prepped us for the long-waited 'Challenge Day', which was a blast.

We got the chance to explore the beauty of Oxford in those two weeks. It was a shame though we didn't get to visit London but this was for our own safety. Instead, we explored Cambridge which was amazing. Patrons handled us with such great care which I truly appreciate. Always insuring that we were safe and sound and feel like we're at home.

Who knew that in those short period of time, good friendship could be built. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Sure enough, the program was one of the best things that had happened for me. Looking forward to paying Oxford and OSA another visit. Shout to Ivo and the whole St. Georges house!
Hi Ravi,

Thank you for this absolutely fantastic review. It's really great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the course interesting, varied, and engaging. I'm particularly glad to hear you enjoyed our Mock Trial on Challenge day! It was fantastic having you with us on our Young Lawyers' Academy and the team and I wish you the very best for your future studies. Please keep in touch, and do come and visit us in Oxford at some point! It would be fantastic to see you again.

Tim
It was the best two weeks of my entire life! The whole experience was incredible!
Hi Sofie,

Thanks so much for your lovely review! We're really glad you enjoyed your time with us so much. It's been great to hear what you've been up to since OSA. Please do continue to keep in touch!

Tim
My daughter went to Oxford Scholastica in the summer of 2017 and she enjoyed it so much that when we picked her up, her and all her new friends were crying. Not only did she love the camp and learned so much, but she is begging to go back again.
Dear Ourania,

Thank you for this lovely review. I'm so glad to hear that Georgia enjoyed her time in Oxford with us so much and clearly made so many strong friendships whilst she was here. It was a great pleasure to have her on our Enterprise Academy and we'd love to have her back whenever she would like!

Thank you again, and please do keep in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you both.

Tim and the team
I met incredible people who have become some of my closest friends today. Also, having grown up in different countries has taught me so much about different cultures perspectives globally.
We're really glad that you had a good time and gained a global perspective!
It made me happy that I learned many new things and I know the city Oxford and the architecture was amazing and that I made new freinds from around the world and finally is that I visited Windsor and Cambridge
Fantastic to hear that you had a great time with us! Oxford, Cambridge and Windsor are all so beautiful, we're really glad you enjoyed the visits - they're definitely a favourite for us too.
Oxford Scholastica Academy is rated 4.82 based on 368 reviews