Oxford Scholastica Academy Reviews

29 Grove Street
Oxford

Sofie
Verified Reviewer

OSA was definitely the best two weeks of, not only my summer, but also my life! I made so many great friends, got to meet so many different and interesting people and had the opportunity to explore my subject furthermore. After those two weeks of law classes I am quite sure I want to be a lawyer. The staff was also great. They were so nice, welcoming, funny and easy to talk to, which made the whole experience much better. If you choose to go to OSA, do not doubt for a second it is gonna be the best summer of your life! I miss it every day.
Hi Sofie, it's great to hear you enjoyed your summer so much, and that it helped you decide what you want to do in future. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on! Best wishes, Shannon
Emmama Sattar
Verified Buyer

This academy was truly a *worth everything* experience.???? .I truly loved being a part of this ,as a student studying young doctors course :learning new and amazing things everyday..!! As well as a teenager learning how to live independently and yet perfectly???????? This was surely my bestest summer ever and I've got so much memories ,I'll cherish forever with???? And amazing friends I'll always miss.
Hi Emmama, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us, and got so much out of it. It's amazing how quickly close friendships can form on the courses! Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on in the future. Best wishes, Shannon
Nicole
Verified Reviewer

I had an amazing summer with OSA, absolutely loved where we were located (a walk away from central Oxford). The dorms we stayed in were fantastic, really clean and new with great amenities; the dorms were also on a really quiet street so it wasn't disruptive to our activities. The lecturer that taught me was so knowledgeable, she had a really quirky and unique personality that made class interesting! I heard from friends in other classes that their lecturers were also excellent. Also, the staff and organisational team was very accommodating to our needs and friendly to talk to! Overall, a great experience learning a new subject, living alone and abroad, and learning a new culture. Thank you OSA!
Dear Nicole, thank you so much for your lovely review! I'm really pleased you had such a great time at OSA, and your tutor was so inspiring. It would be great to hear from you in the future - please do keep us updated on what you've been doing since the course! Best wishes, Shannon
J. Jenoudet
Verified Reviewer

Two of kids already attended the program, one in computer science, the other in debate. Both had not only a great time but also actually learned something valuable they were able to leverage later on.
Dear Julien, it's great to hear that both your children enjoyed their courses! I'm really pleased that they were able to use the things they learnt after the course - please do keep in touch and let us know how they're doing! Best wishes, Shannon
Stafford
Verified Reviewer

My son was very stimulated and enjoyed both the social and academic sides of his fortnight (debating skills) . The whole programme was well organised and devised. He made friends with great similar-minded teenagers and learnt a lot.
It's really great to hear that Mathieu had such a good time throughout his time at OSA, and that you were pleased with the course! Do keep in touch and let us know how he gets on in the future. Best wishes, Shannon.
Kamal Aziz
Verified Reviewer

An amazing cultural and educational experience! Definitely worth attending. OSA honestly defeated any doubts I had prior to travel! Aside from giving me a chance to learn about Medicine in a practical way that I would never had the chance to experience at my school, it also gave me new friends and increased my self-confidence. I never thought that I could build such a strong relationship with a group of people in only two weeks!
Hi Kamal,

Thanks for the review. I’m glad your time at OSA was so positive – both in and out of the classroom. Thanks for the review and please do keep in touch.

Heather Scotti
Verified Reviewer

It was the best experience of my life! It has almost been a year since I attended the camp and I am still in contact with the friends I made there. I highly recommend it to anyone that is thinking about taking a course!
The counsellors are amazing and so are the kids. The rooms are very nice and the trips are amazing.
5/5 stars!
Thanks for your kind words, Heather. We’re so pleased that you had such a great time. Please do stay in touch, and good luck with your future studies.

Cathy Ciatto
Verified Reviewer

What an amazing opportunity this was for my son!
He will never forget his time at Oxford Scholastica.
He is still in touch with the friends he made from all over
the world. Truly a once in a life time experience!
Dear Cathy,

Thanks for the review. It’s fantastic that Ty and his friends are still so close, despite the distance. I hope you and the family are well.

Vasudha Purohit
Verified Reviewer

I had one of the best summers of life at the Oxford Scholastica Academy!
Hi Vasudha,

We’re very glad! We hope your studies are going well, and please do stay in touch.

Paola Den Ouden
Verified Reviewer

Oxford Scholastica Academy has been one of the most unique experiences of my life. Not only has it given me the chance to explore several future career possibilities, it also gave me a great opportunity to get to know some amazing people from all around the world. The idea of 'making friends for life' in only two weeks might leave you a bit sceptical, but I can promise you that after that short period of time, you'll find out that you've become best friends with some of the amazing people at OSA. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing this summer school and I hope that many more students get the chance to experience all the great things that OSA has to offer.
Hi Paola,

Thanks for your kind words. It’s hard to believe what fantastic friendships can form in just 2 weeks. Please keep in touch!

Mark Vale
Verified Reviewer

Oxford Scholastica provided our daughter with a superb British university experience. The content of the course, both academic and the recreational activities made for a very enjoyable 2 weeks in Oxford. The lecturers and staff were excellent. The environment safe. Laura came home positive about her experience, smiling and having learnt a lot !
Dear Mark,

Laura was a star – in and out of the classroom. We all have fond memories of her time with us and hope to see her back again this year! I hope you and the family are well, and thanks for the review.

Abdullah Hani Almarhoun
Verified Reviewer

Oxford Scholastica is easily one the best things that I've had the pleasure to experience.I made so many friends from all over the world that I still talk to. and the courses are very educational and helpful and I never felt like it was a chore. I've improved my English skills (I'm not a native speaker) in every way. The instructors were very friendly and nice. I could write a book about the reasons I love Oxford Scholastica but all I can say is that the summer I spent with them was the most memorable summer of life.
Hi Abdullah,

We’re so glad you had such a positive experience at OSA, and it’s great to hear you are still in touch with your friends from the summer. If you decide to write that book, let us know!

Elizabeth
Verified Reviewer

Will be helpful if school arrange the pick up service for international students
Dear Elizabeth,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We offer a number of transfer options from Heathrow. I’m sorry if you were not made aware of this – we will make sure this opportunity is more clearly communicated for the coming summer.

I hope Flo and the family are well.

Yasmina
Verified Reviewer

Amazing experience would totally recommend it.
Hi Yasmina,

Thanks for the review! I hope you are well and remember to stay in touch.

Virginia
Verified Reviewer

Our daughter had a wonderful time with Oxford Scholastica where she attended the young doctor's academy in 2015. She loved all the activities and was very well looked after, our thanks to Jamie and his great team!
Dear Virginia,

We’re very pleased Alexia enjoyed her time with us – it was a pleasure to host her. I hope you and the family are well, and thank you for the kind words.

Saskia Pothuis
Verified Reviewer

Frank gained his two weeks Oxford Scholastica Academy by high marks and a convincing presentation of his motivation to the board of his school. It felt like a wonderful opportunity and Frank was very eager to grab it.

Frank certainly made the most of his weeks in Oxford. In his words "a once in a lifetime experience". He was very content with the intellectual challenges and is still frequently in contact with fellow scholars from all over the world.
Dear Saskia,

We always enjoy receiving students from Frank's school, and he was no exception. We are glad he enjoyed the academic challenges of the course, and is still in contact with the friends he made in Oxford. I hope you are all well, and thank you for taking the time to review.

Eleonore Grevot
Verified Reviewer

I really enjoyed the two weeks in Oxford with Scholastica, the classes were interesting, and activities in the afternoon fun. I was surprised how friendly, open and welcoming everyone were. It was a very nice experience, I enjoyed it a lot!
Hi Eleonore, I'm really glad you enjoyed the course, and felt welcomed by everyone at OSA. That's the atmosphere we aim for, and I'm so pleased we succeeded! Do keep in touch and let us know what you do in the future. Best wishes, Shannon
Luma
Verified Reviewer

It was a greate experience for my daughter, and one of the best decisions we've made, she had learned a lot and made so many new friends, the atmosphere was so healthy. I really recommend everyone to give this chance to their children since it will be an unforgettable experience
Hi Luma, thanks so much for your kind review! We loved having Tia on the course, and I'm really pleased that she enjoyed herself. It's always great to hear that parents feel comfortable with us too, so I'm glad you felt that we created a good atmosphere. Do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on in future! Best wishes, Shannon
Laura Rodriguez
Verified Reviewer

The Oxford Scholastica Academy was by far one of the most memorable and recommendable summer programs I've partaken in. I attended the leadership course and learned so many new things for the field I wish to study. I only wish I had both more time to learn with the remarkable professors and more time to spend with the wonderful people I met, both students and staff.
Hi Laura, it was a pleasure to have you at OSA! I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much, and that you felt it helped you learn useful things for your future. Please do keep in touch and let us know how you get on! Best wishes, Shannon
Beatrice Bara
Verified Reviewer

Everything has been excellent: the community was welcoming, the courses interesting, and the accommodation superior.
Hi Beatrice, I'm really glad you felt that all the different parts of OSA were so good! Do keep in touch. Best wishes, Shannon
Oxford Scholastica Academy is rated 4.86 based on 139 reviews