Oxford Scholastica Academy Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Oxford Scholastica Academy

About Oxford Scholastica Academy: An inspirational academic summer school in Oxford, where students explore a subject, discover a career and make friends for life.

info@oxfordscholastica.com

8 South Parade

How would you rate Oxford Scholastica Academy?

Olivia
Verified Buyer

I was able to learn, apply as well as discuss more than I imagined I could. Studying here really made me appreciate learning much more, and I was excited every morning for class. Activities allowed us to participate in a wide range of interesting and fun experiences whilst giving us students enough free time to just relax with some friends. The friendships I made here were unforgettable.
Hi Olivia,

Thanks so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that your Psychology classes were beneficial academically, and that you enjoyed the other activities. It's amazing how close friendships can grow in such a short time!

We really miss having you around now the summer is over - do keep in touch and let us know how you get on in future.

Anaïs
Verified Buyer

I had the opportunity to meet amazing people, from AC's to other teenagers there; and at the same time study a course that I was interested in taught by a lovely tutor. Everything about OSA was great and when I look back, I can't think of anything that went wrong for me; those were truly two amazing weeks filled with laughter and happy times. A big thank you to everyone that made it possible !
Hi Anais,

Thanks so much for your lovely review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time on our Leadership and International Relations Academy, and that we were able to create such a memorable two weeks for you. It was absolutely our pleasure to have you with us.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on in future, we'd love to hear from you. I'm very excited to see your Foundation application too!

Georgia Diamantopoulos
Verified Buyer

This camp allowed me to meet so many new people and make friends for life. The classes were very interesting and my tutor, Ms.Shimoli, was extraordinary. Leaving the camp was one of the hardest things I had to do, but I am so grateful for this experience.
Hi Georgia,

Thanks so much for your lovely review - we really appreciate it, and will definitely pass on your comments to Shimoli too! It was great having you with us on the Enterprise Academy, and we're very glad that you enjoyed your classes, as well as the social aspects of the programme.

Do keep in touch with us, and let us know how you get on in the future - we'd love to hear from you!

Anna
Verified Buyer

The classes was excellent. I had a great teacher in my law class! Unfortunately some of the staff was very arrogant and did not treat us with very much respect, even though most of them were only one or two years older than me. We were not allowed to do anything on our own, not even allowed to cross the road without a staff member.
They also kept changing the plans the day before even though there was no reason to do so.
I really liked the classes and the staff members in the houses and I got some really good friends! But the fact that the people behind this treat everyone like 12 year olds brings the experience down. I do not recommend this sommerschool. What a waste of money and my sommer...
Dear Anna,

Thank you for your review, it was great to hear you enjoyed the classes and the time spent with your tutor Ivo on the Young Lawyers' Academy! I know how impressed he was with your performance. It was also good to read that you made some really good friends and enjoyed getting to know many of the staff members.

We were very sorry to read about your other comments - we very rarely get negative feedback, so when we do we like to take them on board carefully. Our staff members are usually rated extremely positively by our students (this year, 92% said they were "excellent" or "great", and only one student said they were below average). After you posted your review during the summer school we asked Shannon and Jenny to pop over to your room to have a conversation with you to find out more about what you weren't enjoying (which as I understand it went positively and you found helpful), and we were able to explain our reasons behind the issues you raised. We also had a call with your mum. We want everyone to have a fantastic time at OSA, and we hope you had a more enjoyable end to the programme as a result.

As we explained, unfortunately we had to cancel the punting on the river because of the rain and weather warning (which wouldn't have made it fun). Because punting is a highlight for many of our students we decided to move it to another day (which meant cancelling the trip to Bicester Village). After Shannon and Jenny spoke with you, we heard about how much you had been looking forward to shopping at Bicester Village, so we offered to change things around to make sure you could go to Bicester which I know you were keen to do. That was the only change to the programme, but we do understand we could have communicated this change to you earlier, rather than the night before, so our apologies for that.

I'm also sorry to read about your comments about not being allowed to go out on your own, as I know you are 18 and are allowed to do so at home. We do make it clear before the programme that we have a policy that any time a student leaves our accommodation they must be with another person - this is just to make sure you are safe and it is also something parents are keen on. I hope you can understand that your safety is our number one priority! While we try and pack in as many academic, cultural and fun activities as possible, there are good amounts of free time on the programme (such as your two hours each day for lunch), and all we ask is that you go out with a friend during this time. Safety is also why we ask our students to cross the roads at the correct crossing points when the pedestrian lights are green, and to walk on the pavements.

Thanks again for taking the time to pass on your feedback. Erik and the team at St George's enjoyed having you on the programme, and I hope you had a positive end to your time with us. Best of luck for the future plans in the legal field, and do please keep in touch!

Jamie and the team
Verified Buyer

I was able to make a lot of new friends, from all over the world; it was wonderful because this allowed me to experience many different cultures! Also, every day was action packed which was great, as I managed to get the most out of my 2-week stay here at Oxford.
Ali W.
Verified Buyer

Being in Oxford was awing just in itself and taking part in some of the Uni traditions like punting and going to G+D's made it all the more magical. Our field trips to Windsor as well as London provided a new spin and more memories to places I was already familiar with. I loved my course (International Relations and Leadership) and my TA was knowledgeable, kind, and a lot of fun. I learned so much and the model UN challenge at the end was really fun.

But most of all... the people I met, from all over the world, were truly amazing and inspiring and I am incredibly thankful that we are still in touch almost one year later. As this next summer approaches, I can't help but look back on the past because it was such a unique experience and one I will treasure forever.
Hi Ali,

Thank you very much for your lovely review! It was great to read you had such a good time with us, we very much enjoyed having you on the Leadership & International Relations Academy last summer. It's good to hear that you have such fond memories.

Do keep in touch, as we would love to hear what you get up to in the future! And do please say hi to mum and dad for us.

Best wishes from all the team,

Myfanwy Rowe
Verified Reviewer

my son harry had a wonderful two weeks learning about medicine and learning about different cultures of the world from all the students. It was very well organised and full of activities The two weeks in Oxford gave my son a life changing experience that he will never forget
Dear Myfanwy,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so glad Harry had a good time with us on the Discover Medicine Academy - we very much enjoyed having him on the programme, as did Lexie and the team. All the best to him and the family, and please do keep in touch!

Carlota
Verified Buyer

Better than I could imagine!! Thank you to everyone who made it possible, :)
Hi Carlota,

Great to hear from you, and thanks very much for your kind review! It was great having you on our Discover Medicine Academy, and I'm so glad you had a good time.

Best wishes, and to the family.

Jasvinder Gill
Verified Buyer

My daughter was long ways from home, USA to England. She a great opportunity to meet students, peers from other parts of the world with diverse backgrounds. Oxford scholastic academy provided her 2 weeks of independent learning, exploration in the medical sciences, she was able to interview patient(s) at the local hospital, explore oxford with the counselors, and make lifelong friends. She came home extremely sad it was over and clearly enjoyed the experience. She will definitely be back.
Dear Jasvinder, It was a pleasure to have Aman on our Young Doctors’ Academy last year. I’m really glad to hear that she had such a positive experience with us, and she would be more than welcome to come back.
Valentina Aksenova
Verified Buyer

My daughter Daria, 15 at the time at Oxford Scholastica, came back home to Moscow, Russia, with the best impressions from the School. She had interesting classes in Psychology, very interesting afternoons showing her Oxford lifestyle and giving an idea of how it feels to be a student there. The stuff was always helpful. The kids in the School very international, which made it an interesting experience for Daria. I would definitely recommend Oxford Scholastica to families who would like their children to spend the summer time learning and exploring.
Valentina Aksenova
Dear Valentina, It’s great to hear that Daria enjoyed our Psychology Academy, and that you felt all of our activities were helpful to her. Please do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on in future.
Shania Sadhwani
Verified Buyer

This was honestly one of the best summers of my life. I got the chance to explore my career choice and determine if it was the best fit for me, while having the time of my life. I totally recommend Oxford Scholastica.
Hi Shania, That’s great to hear! I’m so glad you had a great time on the Young Doctors’ Academy, and it helped you explore the realities of a career in medicine further. Keep in touch and let us know what you go on to do, we’d love to hear from you!
Xiangjie Xiao
Verified Buyer

Courses are helpful, teachers and staffs are nice, activities are interesting and students are from everywhere. A very sincere "thank you" from Shanghai, China
Hi Xiangjie, I’m really glad to hear you had a good time on our Leadership Academy, and particularly that you found our tutors and staff to be friendly! Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on in future.
Xiao Zhihui
Verified Buyer

Xiangjie spent great time in Oxfords. She is very satisfied with the program.
Dear Xiao, It’s great to hear that Xiangjie enjoyed our Leadership Academy. She was a pleasure to teach and we’d love to hear from her in the future.
Lila Alizadeh
Verified Buyer

This was a very well organised camp run by thoughtful and caring staff. My daughter had a terrific time meeting people from all over the world and also learning a great deal about her topic of choice. I would highly recommend this summer camp to anyone who has a child that is an independent thinker, willing to discover a new city, learn about a variety of topics and meet new people.
Dear Lila, Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. We’re delighted that Nina had a good time on our Young Doctors’ Academy, and hopefully it will help her out in the future. Do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on.
Hanne Nielsen
Verified Buyer

2 weeks in excellent company performed by most qualified teachers.
Dear Hanne, We’re glad to hear Joachim enjoyed our Engineering Academy, and felt our tutors were helpful. It was a pleasure to have him on the course, and we’d love to hear how he gets on in the future.
Hana Jamjoom
Verified Buyer

The academy is a good idea and oppurtunity for students to learn be responsible set a vision for their future
The place is good and comfortable
Dear Hana, It was a pleasure to have Tala on our Young Doctors’ Academy, and I’m really pleased that you feel that the vision of OSA is worthwhile – helping students think about their future is very important to us.
Selena Bouri
Verified Buyer

The time I spent at Oxford Scholastica was one of the most memorable times ever. The supervisors such as Alex, Yohan and Ruth were absolutely excellent; easy to get along with yet responsible. The dorms weren't bad, but one doesn't pay attention to it much because one only sleeps there. The course (Law) was magnificent and so were the activities. The restaurants you took us to were alright, there could've been better choices. But overall, one of the best two weeks of my life, I made so many new friends. The people of St George's were like a family!
Hi Selena, It’s great to hear that you had such a good time at OSA last year, and I’ll be sure to pass your lovely feedback on the Young Lawyers’ Academy to your tutor! (We’re also constantly trying to update our restaurant choice based on students’ feedback, so we’ll be trying some new places this year thanks to you.) Do keep in touch and let us know what you go on to do, we’d love to hear from you!
Maria Cottinelli Costa
Verified Buyer

The course is absolutely fantastic and far beyond our (high!) expectations
The people and teachers are very warm and always available
The facilities and organization are high standard
The course was the most enriching and exciting experience for our daughter Carlota allowing to confirm her IGCSEs and professional choices and enhancing her self confidence and independence
Dear Maria, I’m so glad to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations of our course, and particularly that we helped Carlota discover her passion for Medicine. We wish her the best of luck with her IGCSEs, and do let us know how she gets on.
Dinna Muskita
Verified Reviewer

Armand, my son (16) joined Oxford Scholastica Summer Program in August 2016 where he choose Entrepreneurship. I am very pleased with the program. Not only Armand gets new knowledge on "business" but also his independency has improved, meeting new friends from around the world plus experience of the University's live in Oxford.

I was fortunate that I have the chance to accompany Armand on his first day and visit his accomodation and attended welcoming students at a beautiful roof top Malmaison Castle Hotel. The accommodation is very good with its facility, not only it is clean and secure, but also right in the center of Oxford where he can explore Oxford in the proximity. Very easy to get food and very close to his class.

Other important note is Scholastica's team. Not only they ensure a comfortable stay for Armand, they are all very responsive and and easy to communicate.
Jamie is very hands-on and fully involved.
Jeremy is consistent helping me with all preparation and regular report.
Lila was awesome. She helped me to "see" Armand's activities through pictures on Instagram and Facebook - you know how I missed Armand :-)

All in all, I am recommending Oxford Scholastica to all parents who wish to send their children for Summer Program.

Thank you & warm regards from Indonesia,
Dinna Mustika
Dear Dinna, Thank you so much for your review, particularly your lovely comments regarding our team – I’m delighted that we could help you and Armand so much. It was a pleasure to have him on our Enterprise Academy, and we’d love to know what he goes on to do in the future.
Mrs. Kirsty Heaton
Verified Buyer

My sons experience at Oxford Scholastica Academy was excellent. He had a wonderful 2 weeks studying and having fun. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the program to anyone, from the registration, arrangements for travel, accommodation and the overall experience was unforgettable.
Dear Mrs Heaton, I’m delighted that Khalifa had such a good time on our Enterprise Academy, and that you felt that everything was well organised. Please do keep in touch and let us know how Khalifa gets on in future.
Oxford Scholastica Academy is rated 4.86 based on 209 reviews