Oxford Scholastica Academy Reviews

201 Reviews

An inspirational academic summer school in Oxford, where students explore a subject, discover a career and make friends for life.

info@oxfordscholastica.com

8 South Parade

Jasvinder Gill
Verified Buyer

My daughter was long ways from home, USA to England. She a great opportunity to meet students, peers from other parts of the world with diverse backgrounds. Oxford scholastic academy provided her 2 weeks of independent learning, exploration in the medical sciences, she was able to interview patient(s) at the local hospital, explore oxford with the counselors, and make lifelong friends. She came home extremely sad it was over and clearly enjoyed the experience. She will definitely be back.
Dear Jasvinder, It was a pleasure to have Aman on our Young Doctors’ Academy last year. I’m really glad to hear that she had such a positive experience with us, and she would be more than welcome to come back.
Valentina Aksenova
Verified Buyer

My daughter Daria, 15 at the time at Oxford Scholastica, came back home to Moscow, Russia, with the best impressions from the School. She had interesting classes in Psychology, very interesting afternoons showing her Oxford lifestyle and giving an idea of how it feels to be a student there. The stuff was always helpful. The kids in the School very international, which made it an interesting experience for Daria. I would definitely recommend Oxford Scholastica to families who would like their children to spend the summer time learning and exploring.
Valentina Aksenova
Dear Valentina, It’s great to hear that Daria enjoyed our Psychology Academy, and that you felt all of our activities were helpful to her. Please do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on in future.
Shania Sadhwani
Verified Buyer

This was honestly one of the best summers of my life. I got the chance to explore my career choice and determine if it was the best fit for me, while having the time of my life. I totally recommend Oxford Scholastica.
Hi Shania, That’s great to hear! I’m so glad you had a great time on the Young Doctors’ Academy, and it helped you explore the realities of a career in medicine further. Keep in touch and let us know what you go on to do, we’d love to hear from you!
Xiangjie Xiao
Verified Buyer

Courses are helpful, teachers and staffs are nice, activities are interesting and students are from everywhere. A very sincere "thank you" from Shanghai, China
Hi Xiangjie, I’m really glad to hear you had a good time on our Leadership Academy, and particularly that you found our tutors and staff to be friendly! Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on in future.
Xiao Zhihui
Verified Buyer

Xiangjie spent great time in Oxfords. She is very satisfied with the program.
Dear Xiao, It’s great to hear that Xiangjie enjoyed our Leadership Academy. She was a pleasure to teach and we’d love to hear from her in the future.
Lila Alizadeh
Verified Buyer

This was a very well organised camp run by thoughtful and caring staff. My daughter had a terrific time meeting people from all over the world and also learning a great deal about her topic of choice. I would highly recommend this summer camp to anyone who has a child that is an independent thinker, willing to discover a new city, learn about a variety of topics and meet new people.
Dear Lila, Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. We’re delighted that Nina had a good time on our Young Doctors’ Academy, and hopefully it will help her out in the future. Do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on.
Hanne Nielsen
Verified Buyer

2 weeks in excellent company performed by most qualified teachers.
Dear Hanne, We’re glad to hear Joachim enjoyed our Engineering Academy, and felt our tutors were helpful. It was a pleasure to have him on the course, and we’d love to hear how he gets on in the future.
Hana Jamjoom
Verified Buyer

The academy is a good idea and oppurtunity for students to learn be responsible set a vision for their future
The place is good and comfortable
Dear Hana, It was a pleasure to have Tala on our Young Doctors’ Academy, and I’m really pleased that you feel that the vision of OSA is worthwhile – helping students think about their future is very important to us.
Selena Bouri
Verified Buyer

The time I spent at Oxford Scholastica was one of the most memorable times ever. The supervisors such as Alex, Yohan and Ruth were absolutely excellent; easy to get along with yet responsible. The dorms weren't bad, but one doesn't pay attention to it much because one only sleeps there. The course (Law) was magnificent and so were the activities. The restaurants you took us to were alright, there could've been better choices. But overall, one of the best two weeks of my life, I made so many new friends. The people of St George's were like a family!
Hi Selena, It’s great to hear that you had such a good time at OSA last year, and I’ll be sure to pass your lovely feedback on the Young Lawyers’ Academy to your tutor! (We’re also constantly trying to update our restaurant choice based on students’ feedback, so we’ll be trying some new places this year thanks to you.) Do keep in touch and let us know what you go on to do, we’d love to hear from you!
Maria Cottinelli Costa
Verified Buyer

The course is absolutely fantastic and far beyond our (high!) expectations
The people and teachers are very warm and always available
The facilities and organization are high standard
The course was the most enriching and exciting experience for our daughter Carlota allowing to confirm her IGCSEs and professional choices and enhancing her self confidence and independence
Dear Maria, I’m so glad to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations of our course, and particularly that we helped Carlota discover her passion for Medicine. We wish her the best of luck with her IGCSEs, and do let us know how she gets on.
Dinna Muskita
Verified Reviewer

Armand, my son (16) joined Oxford Scholastica Summer Program in August 2016 where he choose Entrepreneurship. I am very pleased with the program. Not only Armand gets new knowledge on "business" but also his independency has improved, meeting new friends from around the world plus experience of the University's live in Oxford.

I was fortunate that I have the chance to accompany Armand on his first day and visit his accomodation and attended welcoming students at a beautiful roof top Malmaison Castle Hotel. The accommodation is very good with its facility, not only it is clean and secure, but also right in the center of Oxford where he can explore Oxford in the proximity. Very easy to get food and very close to his class.

Other important note is Scholastica's team. Not only they ensure a comfortable stay for Armand, they are all very responsive and and easy to communicate.
Jamie is very hands-on and fully involved.
Jeremy is consistent helping me with all preparation and regular report.
Lila was awesome. She helped me to "see" Armand's activities through pictures on Instagram and Facebook - you know how I missed Armand :-)

All in all, I am recommending Oxford Scholastica to all parents who wish to send their children for Summer Program.

Thank you & warm regards from Indonesia,
Dinna Mustika
Dear Dinna, Thank you so much for your review, particularly your lovely comments regarding our team – I’m delighted that we could help you and Armand so much. It was a pleasure to have him on our Enterprise Academy, and we’d love to know what he goes on to do in the future.
Mrs. Kirsty Heaton
Verified Buyer

My sons experience at Oxford Scholastica Academy was excellent. He had a wonderful 2 weeks studying and having fun. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the program to anyone, from the registration, arrangements for travel, accommodation and the overall experience was unforgettable.
Dear Mrs Heaton, I’m delighted that Khalifa had such a good time on our Enterprise Academy, and that you felt that everything was well organised. Please do keep in touch and let us know how Khalifa gets on in future.
Margarita Efthymiou
Verified Buyer

My son spent two weeks in July 2016 attending the computer science classes. He had a great time and mostly, he came back a better person, more responsible, more aware. Jamie and the rest of the team were very helpful every time I messaged them a concern. I will send my youngest son as well next year, Oxford Scholastica is an excellent school!
Dear Margarita, I’m really glad to hear that Yorgos got so much out of our Computer Science Academy last year. He was a pleasure to teach, and we would love to welcome your youngest son back to OSA.
Nancy Diamond
Verified Buyer

Oxford Scholastica Academy offered a wonderful balance of freedom to explore Oxford independently, challenging and interesting academics, and fun organized activities; the punting was especially great. The tutor was fantastic, very knowledgable and even inspiring! He wrote a perceptive and thoughtful evaluation that we truly appreciated reading. OSA is a well thought out and organized program.
Dear Nancy, Thank you for your kind comments about our course, we’re delighted to hear that you thought so highly of it. It was a pleasure to have Ginger on our Young Doctors’ course - please do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on in the future.
Sandra Zita
Verified Reviewer

I trully appreciated the Evaluation of Student Progress and Community Support such as organizational changes for the benefit of students including safety and commitment at Oxford Scholastica Academy.

Dear Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. It was a pleasure to have Bo on our Creative Writing Academy, and we wish her all the best for the future.
Leah Ramchandani
Verified Buyer

it was pretty fun. My young doctors class was really good. There were some times where i did feel lonely though. i would have felt much better if there was more interaction between the two accommodations and overall, just more social activities. it was definitely a summer i will never forget, and i learnt a lot about both medicine and myself. i enjoyed meeting so many new people and learning what their lives are like. i definitely left Oxford as a different individual. i am now way more outgoing, proud of my culture, and more confident in my beliefs and opinions.
Hi Leah, It was lovely to have you on our Young Doctors’ Academy last year, and I’m glad you got so much out of the course! We’ll definitely take on board your comments about social interaction this year, thank you. Best of luck in the future, do let us know how you get on!
Shannon
Alejandra Mayo (Izumi Takahashi Mother)
Verified Buyer

The program were very organized, the study program, the social activities and the touristic activities as well. Izumi enjoyed all the program and had a very good experience.
Dear Alejandra, It was a pleasure to have Izumi on our Psychology course, and we’re delighted she enjoyed it. Do keep in touch and let us know how she gets on in the future, we’d love to hear from her.
Alcaro Castagneto
Verified Buyer

We are very happy, It was an excellent experience for Bruno-not only because he learned general aspects in relation to his future career that helped him to take a decision but also because he knew nice people and enjoyed the time. We would recommend other people this experience very much.
Dear Alcaro, It’s great to hear that Bruno enjoyed our Engineering Academy, and it helped him to make decisions about his future. We’d love to hear how he gets on, and what he chooses to do – please do keep in touch.
Sarah
Verified Buyer

great experience. helped me with my future job and made lot's of friends from all over.
Hi Sarah, I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and your experience helped you decide on a career path. Do let us know what you go on to do, we love to hear from our alumni!
Khalifa
Verified Buyer

Staff and teachers are excellent and are very helpful with helping students to perform to the best standard possible. Furthermore, teachers made great efforts with team building activities and providing the students with knowledge about jobs, university applications and how to adapt to the daily life at university. Finally, o would like to thank the staff for establishing a clean and healthy environment in the rooms and kitchens. Thank you for providing such a great and fun experience at your summer camp!
Hi Khalifa, We’re so glad you enjoyed the Enterprise Academy, and that our tutors and staff were helpful to you. Best of luck in the future, and do let us know how you get on!
Oxford Scholastica Academy is rated 4.87 based on 201 reviews