Online Learning College Reviews

of reviewers recommend Online Learning College
Read Online Learning College Reviews

info@ol-college.com

74 New North Road

I found my course very informative. It gave me a clear understanding of what I need to become a Teaching Assistant. I found it difficult at times and with many thanks to my tutor Robyn Jennings, I managed to get through and pass it. My assignments were marked promptly, giving me informative feedback. I will be signing up to further courses with The Online Learning College
Thank you for your positive review Julie, we are glad that you enjoyed the course and found tutor support helpful. We are glad to hear that you will be signing up to a further course with us, please remember to get in touch with the college before purchasing your second course to get your 20% off discount code. 😊

OLC
I enjoyed the content of the course and I was happy to be stretched with my evidence, however, all feedback was asking me to continue with my evidence and it would have been nice to have received some positive feedback based on specific evidence. Due to the above practice, I found it difficult to keep myself motivated towards the end of the course.
Thank you for your review Aisil, I will pass your information onto the tutors, we hope this won't put you off studying with us in the future, if you have any problems, please contact the office and one of our administration team will be able to help you.

OLC
My specific course (Preparing to work in home based childcare) had very little provided information - just a few PDFs - and I was not aware until after starting that I'd need to also purchase a textbook. The provided information was no where near sufficient to complete the assignments. The tutor was fast at returning feedback and gave helpful answers most of the time.
Hi There,
i'm sorry you feel this way - we do try to provide as much information as possible but learners will need to carry out their own re-search to show their own understanding.
Tutors are also available to provide further resources which will help.
OLC
Thankyou for all the help and support
My tutor didn’t help me massively, but I suppose it depends on the tutor you get. She was also a bit hit and miss in marking e.g something that was okay in one assignment was not okay in another. Not all the info you need is in the “lessons” so getting a book on your course is helpful!
When sign up don’t really let uno what your getting into I don’t no I would do it a again as one staff so really rude when I asked a question and they take so long to mark off your work and feed back didn’t help I had to get a new tutor
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the course, information about the enrolment length is stated on the website.

OLC
Although the corse was an okay corse to complete when it came to finishing I had to push back my date and re pay for extra months and most of the time this was due to work not being marked which I didn’t feel was fair . Over all a good corse and got me my level 3 while at home
Thank you for your review Megan, students are given 12 months to complete this course if assignments were submitted throughout the whole 12 months, it would mean that the last week is there for tutors to mark your last assignment and request for your certificate. However we do give the option of paying for extra months for students who may not have started their assignments right away. We hope this hasn't put you off studying with us again in the future.

OLC
The course overall was acceptable, I had a few problems at the end but these were resolved by the help team. The questions need to be altered slightly, to include what you actually need to answer, as I had answered the questions and then the tutor would give me additional questions to answer to achieve a pass. There also needs to be information about word counts, as it says there are no word counts but my tutor and the help desk told me there was word counts on all assignments, being around 400-500 to show understanding. This needs to be added in. I feel I would have passed quicker if these things had been laid out in the question.
Thank you for your review Jamila, I will pass your information onto the tutors, we hope this won't put you off studying with us in the future, if you have any problems, please contact the office and one of our administration team will be able to help you.

OLC
The website hardly ever worked for me to get on to my course modules .
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that the website didn't work for you, the office is open Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM to help support you with any problems that you encounter and help to resolve them.

Course was good
I thought the course was good and I learnt quite a bit. The only downside I found was the tutor for one or two assignments didn’t give me the appropriate feedback and I lost valuable attempts and it stressed me out but overall the course was great
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the course. We are sorry to hear that you didn't always find the feedback appropriate.
We hope you will consider studying with us again in the future.

OLC
I found the course good but the tutor support was sometimes vague this is difficult if you have not studied for done years.
Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed the course. We are sorry that you didn't always find the tutor support easy to understand.

OLC
It was okay and I managed to finish the course, however I have found that there were a lot of mistakes, especially on the maths course, such as wrong answers on the answer sheet, questions written wrong, typos etc. This definitely needs reviewing and updating!
Hello Celyn,

Thank you for your review, we apologies about the mistakes in the Maths course, these have been sent off to be rechecked and updated.

OLC
I felt that the information that was given to support you was very thin on the ground.
Hi Camilla,

We would like to congratulate you on the completion of your course and we were pleased to hear that you were overall happy to study with us.
*Please note* that we can only provide student's with the correct amount of study material needed. As the course you studied with us was simply all knowledge/theory based -you are required to find further information yourself to help with answering course work questions.

We now wish you all the best for the future.

OLC
Some information was a bit vague in terms of what information was needed for type assignments, tutor responded quickly, however wasn’t much help when I had to ask her a question about the course
(Nursery Management Level 4) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi There,

We now wish you all the best for the future.

OLC
It was my first online course and I was slightly disappointed as support wasn't always on point. The wording of the questions weren't explicit and if you just answer the question it was never enough as you had to add much more content which wasnt even stated in the question. On atleast 2 occasions I contacted the student support as I wasn't happy with the support of my tutor.
Good morning,

Thank you for leaving the Online learning college a positive review.
We appreciate any feedback /comments left by students!

We would also like to congratulate you for completing your home study course with us and wish you the very best for the near future.

Kindest regards,
Online Learning College
The information provided for the course was not that well written and quite limited and out dated. For example the legislation is out of date. Whilst I am happy my own research was required I asked for a reading list but this apparently is not provided. A reading list is usually provided for a level 3 qualification so this would have been useful. My assignments were marked promptly which was good but the feedback hard to understand sometimes and seemed rushed. If i queried a response I got the same response again rather than an explanation. This however did improve. Perhaps the tutor's work load is too large and her time limited? Overall it was satisfactory and I got through it but I'm not sure I would recommend the course.
(CACHE Level 3 Award In Health And Social Care) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi
Thank you for your review - we're really happy to hear that you received prompt feedback on your course. We're also sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the lack of a reading list on this course and felt that some of the lessons were a little outdated.
We do our best to ensure everything is up-to-date on our courses and regularly update these to reflect changing legislation. We will review this course to ensure that everything is still relevant.
Thank you again for your review and if you ever wish to discuss anything about the course please feel free to call or email us.
OLC
I was adviced the wrong course by the college, and wasn't allowed a refund, discount or to transfer to the right course. The course I was doing was a basic course and gives me nothing. So i wasted a year and almost £300 But the course was easy to follow, although there was a delay on messages sometimes, so that was an issue . The tutors were helpful & explained things clearly. Due to that im going to do the correct course with this company still. Its strsight forward to follow and the cheapest
(Early Years Level 3) - Posted 1 year ago
Thank you for your review and apologies that you feel the information given to you prior to enrolment was insufficient. On our records it does show that you were sent an email by a course advisor around 12 hours before you enrolled which explained the difference between the CACHE and ABC qualifications and the two courses you were interested in. We also do have record of a cancellation request but it looks like this was 12 months after you enrolled. We can cancel or swap any enrolment but only within 14 days of starting a course.

Should you ever have any questions about any courses please get in touch and we will be very happy to help. It's also great that you are happy to enrol on another course with us - feel free to call or email us when you are ready to enrol.

OLC
I enjoyed the course as the content was interesting and the TMAs varied. I had 2 tutors who marked my work promptly. I found the lack of specific success criteria very tricky, as I was frequently uncertain what to include and exclude. The online course resources were very erratic. Some very informative, some absent ( in terms of information for TMAs )!!! Overall a good experience.
(CACHE Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring For Children & Young People) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Katharine,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
The tutor's are required to follow the marking criteria schemes provided by the awarding bodies, therefore this is why you may have found it difficult to follow, as they can all vary in each unit/course etc.
We are also very careful on how much and what type of information to include for you on the whole course, as this is part of the knowledge /assignment based area - you are required to find more of the information out for yourself from different resources such as the internet and books, in order to complete the course.

However, we are glad to hear you were overall satisfied with your course and wish you every success for the future.

OLC
It was good and a very good amount of money
Hi Kadija!

Thank you very much for the lovely review.
Out of interest, was there anything that we could have done further to make you even more happy and place a 5* review?

OLC
Had three tutors in the space of a year (the duration in which I completed the course). Never got got any notification of the change of tutors until i was submitting assignments. Seriously lack of consistency in tutoring, as every single tutor I was assigned with had different requirements.
(CACHE Level 3 Award In Supporting Teaching And Learning) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi
Thank you or your review of the course you have studied with us.
We're really sorry that your studies were affected by a change in tutor midway through your course. Unfortunately as our courses are for a whole year there can be changes in tutors at times which may impact your qualification.
If you would like to discuss anything at all please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Online Learning College is rated 4.65 based on 383 reviews