Online Learning College Reviews

of reviewers recommend Online Learning College
Read Online Learning College Reviews

info@ol-college.com

74 New North Road

I found my course very informative. It gave me a clear understanding of what I need to become a Teaching Assistant. I found it difficult at times and with many thanks to my tutor Robyn Jennings, I managed to get through and pass it. My assignments were marked promptly, giving me informative feedback. I will be signing up to further courses with The Online Learning College
Thank you for your positive review Julie, we are glad that you enjoyed the course and found tutor support helpful. We are glad to hear that you will be signing up to a further course with us, please remember to get in touch with the college before purchasing your second course to get your 20% off discount code. 😊

OLC
It was my first online course and I was slightly disappointed as support wasn't always on point. The wording of the questions weren't explicit and if you just answer the question it was never enough as you had to add much more content which wasnt even stated in the question. On atleast 2 occasions I contacted the student support as I wasn't happy with the support of my tutor.
Good morning,

Thank you for leaving the Online learning college a positive review.
We appreciate any feedback /comments left by students!

We would also like to congratulate you for completing your home study course with us and wish you the very best for the near future.

Kindest regards,
Online Learning College
The information provided for the course was not that well written and quite limited and out dated. For example the legislation is out of date. Whilst I am happy my own research was required I asked for a reading list but this apparently is not provided. A reading list is usually provided for a level 3 qualification so this would have been useful. My assignments were marked promptly which was good but the feedback hard to understand sometimes and seemed rushed. If i queried a response I got the same response again rather than an explanation. This however did improve. Perhaps the tutor's work load is too large and her time limited? Overall it was satisfactory and I got through it but I'm not sure I would recommend the course.
(CACHE Level 3 Award In Health And Social Care) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi
Thank you for your review - we're really happy to hear that you received prompt feedback on your course. We're also sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the lack of a reading list on this course and felt that some of the lessons were a little outdated.
We do our best to ensure everything is up-to-date on our courses and regularly update these to reflect changing legislation. We will review this course to ensure that everything is still relevant.
Thank you again for your review and if you ever wish to discuss anything about the course please feel free to call or email us.
OLC
Professional and helpful tutors but felt that the briefs for each assignment were much too short and didnt expain things very well, such as the requirements didnt list any specific areas that needed to be included for the student to pass any of their assignments within the 3 attempts they were given. I feel the assignments need to be explained in more detail to support and encourage the student that they are actually on the right track instead of using their 3 attemps and guessing then failing the assignment.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased so hear you were over all satisfied with your course.
Please be aware that the lay out of the course itself is to keep up to standards set by the awarding body's and these must be met by ourselves and student's.

However, we will take your thoughts and feedback on board and look in to improving this matter in the near future.

OLC
Had three tutors in the space of a year (the duration in which I completed the course). Never got got any notification of the change of tutors until i was submitting assignments. Seriously lack of consistency in tutoring, as every single tutor I was assigned with had different requirements.
(CACHE Level 3 Award In Supporting Teaching And Learning) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi
Thank you or your review of the course you have studied with us.
We're really sorry that your studies were affected by a change in tutor midway through your course. Unfortunately as our courses are for a whole year there can be changes in tutors at times which may impact your qualification.
If you would like to discuss anything at all please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
OLC
When sign up don’t really let uno what your getting into I don’t no I would do it a again as one staff so really rude when I asked a question and they take so long to mark off your work and feed back didn’t help I had to get a new tutor
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the course, information about the enrolment length is stated on the website.

OLC
The course overall was acceptable, I had a few problems at the end but these were resolved by the help team. The questions need to be altered slightly, to include what you actually need to answer, as I had answered the questions and then the tutor would give me additional questions to answer to achieve a pass. There also needs to be information about word counts, as it says there are no word counts but my tutor and the help desk told me there was word counts on all assignments, being around 400-500 to show understanding. This needs to be added in. I feel I would have passed quicker if these things had been laid out in the question.
Thank you for your review Jamila, I will pass your information onto the tutors, we hope this won't put you off studying with us in the future, if you have any problems, please contact the office and one of our administration team will be able to help you.

Loved it. Great support from tutors! Would definitely recommend 😊
Thank you for your positive review, we are glad that you enjoyed your course and hope you will consider studying with us again in the future. 😊

OLC
Thank you very much we hope to see you again in the future!
I found my tutor a little unsupportive at times. She clearly didn’t read one of my resubmitted assignments, saying I hadn’t added her recommendations. Some of her recommendations seemed quite extreme and felt she was trying to find fault on every assignment, with little positive praise. I found this hard and it really knocked my confidence. I did this to boost my confidence, however at times it made me upset by her comments and didn’t wish to continue. It also didn’t help that I was not allowed to speak to her on the phone, this made it harder to build a relationship. It’s good to talk for people’s well-being.
I felt that the support was adequate for the course and that the course material was really good. I enjoyed it immensely. If I had one criticism it would be that as we all lead busy lives and work it would be a good idea to get a reminder email as to when the course was coming to an end rather than just cancelling the course without any prior warning, this happened to me and I was made to pay in order to continue.
Thank you for your review Amanda 😊 We are glad that you enjoyed your course. Our support team are available Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm for students to get in contact with, if they are unsure when the course expires.

We hope you will consider studying with us again in the future.

OLC
When I paid and enrolled in the course I was not aware it would not fully qualify me. So the qualification is actually pointless. Also had to pay £60 to get my last assignment marked because my course had ran out? However my tutor took nearly a week some times to reply so I could have had it completed on time. I also had no date of when my course ended so was unaware.
(CACHE Level 3 Award In Childcare And Education) - Posted 11 months ago
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving a review and well done on the completion of your course.

Please note that student's are made well aware before enrolling that this qualification does not offer a licence to practice with children upon completion, as it is only a CACHE award it is simply all knowledge based this is clearly stated on the website also for everyone to see.
Secondly, it is also stated in a section as proof on the website that if student's do run out of time to complete the course, there is a fee of £60 for one month extra time to complete your studies.
You are also informed that tutor's can take anywhere between 2-4 working days to get back to you with feedback, simply because of us being closed due to weekends, it can put tutor's behind when replying, and please bare in ind they do have a high volume of student's to see to. So you must have all your work handed in and also passed within this time frame.

You have 12 months to complete your course from the date you enrolled, this is also shown on the course description online, and we expect student's to ensure this is done, as it is their own responsibility to keep track of when their course is due to run out.

I hope this clears up some issues.

OLC
Brilliant...lots of help with tutor. Very happy with my level 3 in supporting learning and teaching.
(CACHE Level 3 Award In Supporting Teaching And Learning) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Leila,

We would like to congratulate you on the completion of your course!
Also thank you for leaving us a positive review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your time studying with us here at the Online Learning College.

OLC
The course was set out very well. The marking response time to assignments was very quick and my tutor was very helpful.
(Nursery Management Level 4) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Hayley,

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad to hear you was happy with your course and also satisfied with the tutor that was assigned to you.

We wish you all the best and you are more than welcome to join us on another course in the future.

OLC
I had a great learning experience with the OL college, while gaining a Level 3 Award in childcare and education. I have to thank my tutor, Laura for all her support. Laura was very helpful with the given feedback and always quick to give advice. I preferred to do the assignments unchronologically and was pleased to see that wasn't a problem. Also, I never had to wait long for a grading. I finished the course rather quickly, and I liked how I was in charge of my own pace. It makes learning that more enjoyable! Easy to use login system, friendly customer service in case of additional questions and qualifications at affordable prices! Thank you for everything.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your course with us and are happy with the service you received from the College.

We wish you every success for the future and you are always welcome to enroll with us again.

OLC Team
My tutor was professional and very supportive, I learnt more than I expected when preparing to write my assignments. Thank you.
I found this course fantastic, I did it all in my own time around work commitments, I had a brilliant tutor who was quick with my results after each unit completed, I learned so much as it being so detailed. I am so proud and I am looking forward to starting my level 3. Thank you to online learning college :D
The course was okay, I did the nail technician and business level 3. The course material does need to have spell check and someone to generally read over the information to make sure that it makes sense. For example in the nail technician level 3 course, while explaining how to apply nails it uses the word anecdote which does not fit in with nails at all, the intended word was acetone, and if someone didn’t know that they would have got the wrong information.
Fantastic way of studying and a good tutors. Also good customer service.
I was frustrated out of my programme( preparing to work in a home based childcare) by my tutor Emily because she kept adding to my assignment each time I submit. I started in January 2019 and up till August, I haven’t been graded cos she keeps sending my assignment back adding topics that are not even in the curriculum and the school has refused to give me my money back. I have been scammed!!!😭😭😭 Even the last message I sent to her concerning my grievance she deleted it. I REGRET REGISTERING WITH ONLINE LEARNING COLLEGE 😭😭
Hi,
We're really sorry that you feel that the marking received was incorrect.

Having looked into this we can see you have only attempted one assignment which initially failed for plagiarism and then, when written in your own words, the work failed due to the questions not being answered. Your tutor Emily then sent feedback within 24 hours and told you exactly what was required in order to pass. You then did not attempt the assignment again.

We have looked for the message you mentioned concerning your grievance but this is not on the system. Tutors do not have the ability to delete any messages from the system therefore this must not have been sent correctly. Should you wish to issue a grievance please email us on admissions@ol-college.com.

If you do wish to discuss your work please do get in touch - we are here to help and support you throughout the course. However, we simply cannot pass work which is below standard on a course that is internationally recognised and allows you to care for children.

We hope you allow us to support you on your course, your tutor and the rest of our staff are here to help at all times.

OLC
Really easy to set up and work through the material. Great tutor support and advice.
Thank you for your positive review Cheryl, we are glad that you enjoyed your course and found tutor support helpful, we hope you will consider studying with us again in the future. 😊

OLC
I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course at my own pace and being able to be supported by online tutors to complete it.
Thank you for your positive review Rachel, we are glad that you enjoyed your course and hope you will consider studying with us again in the future. 😊

Online Learning College is rated 4.65 based on 366 reviews