Motorway Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"The advice given wasn't correct, the company suggested (The Car Buying Group) did reduce their initial valuation before arrival, they did then haggle the price even lower on collection, they did take over an hour to resolve, they did exaggerate on their idea of marks on my car and were not very helpful. I was told this company purchase to a higher level than others, that wasn't true, I had 2 higher offers I wish I would have stuck with. I will not use again and I will not recommend. Avoid unless you want hassle. I suppose this review will not be published, I only notice good ones. Funny that. Very disappointed and dissatisfied with company, service and result."
Dear Mr Smith,

I am really sorry to hear you were so disappointed with your experience of selling with Motorway.

We wholeheartedly recommend The Car Buying Group - they are one of our most popular buying partners and we receive excellent feedback regarding their service on a daily basis. Our customers typically find them helpful, transparent, honest and conscientious, so your review was a huge shock to us!

We have spoken at length with them and they have explained what happened in their own words. Their version of events is quite different, but they agree that they did need to reduce the price by a minimal amount at inspection based on the car damage being significantly worse than expected - the reduction was priced as fairly as possible on additional photographic evidence of scratches and scuffs. In our experience, this happens extremely rarely as they ask customers about any damage in advance over the phone in a detailed consultation.

The Car Buying Group have also let us know they would like to speak with you and will get in touch with you to discuss your concerns, you can also reach them on 0800 118 2544.

Also, to address another of your points, we do not hide away from genuine reviews of our service and our scores are all from verified users. We aim for complete customer satisfaction every time someone sells a car sthrough us and we are extremely proud of our high average review score.

I hope that is helpful, you can reach us at offers@motorway.co.uk if you have any further concerns regarding Motorway.

Best regards, Alex Buttle, Director.
"Totally disgusted with this de-valuation of vehicles, to gain profit from all the customers looking to sell their vehicles, companies like this get rich schemes disgust me, we pay high prices to purchase these items, only to have companies like this to insult us! Would be interesting to purchase a car off them, ask how much, then, go home & see how much they say it's worth, bet it doesn't go in our favour!!"
Dear Ms L Disgusted,

Thank you for your review. Sorry you were not happy, I was deeply saddened to hear of your frustration with the prices from online car buyers we work with.

To explain our reason to exist, Motorway is a price comparison website and we display the prices given to us by the UK's leading online car buying websites. We are not looking to de-value cars or insult people, in fact the opposite is true - we exist purely to bring transparency to the market by showing all the prices and offers available from our partners in one place.

Prices, offers, review scores and collection criteria do vary a lot from one buyer to the next, however, we share all this info in our detailed comparison tables, allowing our customers to make an informed choice about who they sell to.

Unfortunately, the rates from online car buyers are sometimes lower than you will see on Auto Trader or on dealer forecourts, as every online buyer sells the car on (whether at auction, to a brokerage, to a specialist dealer or direct to the public), however the service from an online car buyer is typically quick, efficient and hassle free. We are striving to offer higher prices all the time, but most of our customers already appreciate the transparency we bring to the market (which is reflected by many excellent reviews elsewhere and our extremely high average review score).

I hope that is helpful. If you have any further questions, please do get in touch at offers@motorway.co.uk, we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards, Alex Buttle, Director, Motorway.
"My car is in excellent condition even to sell it to scrap dealers I would get more than double that they offered me. £90 for a Citroen Picasso in excellent condition with lower mileage than average. What a rip off they tried with me."
Hi Olwyn

I am sorry you were disappointed with the offers you received on Motorway.

I can see that you received three offers for your car, including one from CarTakeBack, our scrap dealer. We constantly receive good feedback about CarTakeBack and their prices, but I'm sorry if it wasn't the price you expected from a scrap dealer.

We are constantly improving Motorway and adding new partners so I hope you will try us again the next time you need to sell a car.

Best regards
Harry
"Guy came round, viewed my car and had the money transferred in 30 minutes. Great"
"I think I got a fair price and the process went smoothly, except for the drop-off. It turned out that was at 'Aston Barclay' (who I had never heard of), but no-one at the office told me that when they gave me directions and post code, so I spent a lot of time looking for 'Car Buying Group' or 'Motorway' of which there was no mention anywhere! Even when I eventually tried Aston Barclay as a last resort I went into the auction area because there was no signage saying differently. very frustrating and unnecessary: It would be a simple thing to provide more clarity."
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this feedback regarding confusion about the company name and signage at Aston Barclay. Aston Barclay do actually own The Car Buying Group who bought your car, but based on your feedback, this does sound like it is unclear at the Aston Barclay site!

We have passed your feedback on to the right people regarding signage, and hopefully there will be a fix at some point and it will be clearer for everyone in the future.

Thanks, Alex, Director

PS. We offer price comparison at Motorway (rather than buy cars ourselves). We'll see what we can do to make this clearer in places :)
"The whole process from start to finish was so easy. The website works brilliantly and was easy to read. The prices given we not only competitive (clearly beating the most well known website !!!). The prices also showed how long to get the money and any costs. Then the process with my chosen company was easy and I had the money, with no charge, before they left with my car."
"The quote is ridiculously low, bit annoyed after reading reviews I was expecting a decent valuation, just another time wasting site"
Hi there. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the valuation you saw on Motorway.

For the majority of cars we are able to provide very competitive valuations from multiple buyers.

If your car is very new, very old, rare or unusual, it's possible we weren't able to provide a good set of valuations; and you may have seen a very low valuation from one of our car recycling partners.

We are working to resolve this issue and also working to bring more car buyers to the platform all the time. I hope you will try us again in the future and have a better experience.

Lauren (Motorway Customer Support)
"My £3000 car very low genuine mileage , you offer £895 don’t think so, then you say I could get a better price elsewhere , so why you offer £895 , disgusting"
"Well I needed a laugh and got one... 10 month old ford transit 8700 miles on the clock... filled in the boxes and waited with baited breath for the quotes..... just over £12k for the first offer.... oh and the best offer £600 scrap!!!... you couldn’t make it up..."
Hi Ivor,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your prices from Motorway. It's worth me pointing out that we are a price comparison engine and work with instant buyers across the market. Prices will be different to those you see on retail platforms like Auto Trader and eBay, but the experience is can be much faster.

That said, while we do not control our partners' guide prices, we take pricing very seriously and aim for accurate instant purchase prices at all times. To help improve the pricing experience for all our users, we launched our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chances of price shocks for sellers on the day of sale. You can read more about that here:

Also - on the prices you received....

We work with a range of buyers - from the UK's top franchise dealerships, to online car buyers to scrap buyers and there will always be price differentials.

As your car is worth much more than the scrap value, we would not expect you to choose that option - and hence that price (when sorted on amounts) was at the bottom of the table.

It sounds like you believe your car is worth more than £12,000. If you would like to discuss pricing further, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks,

Alex, Director.
"I managed to get a selection of quotes really quickly with direct info on what to expect and I have to say the trust price I was quoted was exactly what I got for my car given I still expected much less! Have already reccommeded the sight to a colleague and a friend!"
"Seamless and perfect timing"
"they were very easy to deal with straight forward and uncomplicated. only 2 things to watch out for when you book you appointment as you accept their offer do not go back and decline the offer if they ask you too, as they ask you as they take money off your next offer before they come and look . The offer they made was fair they need to make some money and means you do not have to deal with time wasters ? secondly they pay into your bank right away which is great ? there is an ADMIN fee to take into account that is taken off your price of£65 leave vehicle parked on road as can take some time to collect otherwise would really recommend ."
"A pleasure to do business with, totally efficient from start to finish"
(Premium) - Posted 8 months ago
"They offer me a good deal."
"Provide a good service"
"Very happy with the service from Motorway. I feel that I got a good price for my car - more than if I traded it in - and it saved ME from doing all the running around. Thank you."
(Premium) - Posted 9 months ago
"good, but could be quicker response."
"Tried all the other car selling sites - this one was far the best. Confirmed price received was higher than the others and vehicle dealer later made contact and collected vehicle with immediate payment into my bank account."
(Premium) - Posted 11 months ago
"They asked all the questions in advance and agreed the price. Then they arrived on time on the day and the paperwork and checks were done in 20 minutes. The money was in the back 10 minutes later. Absolutely painless!"
"Good service on the Land Rover but subsequent offers on other vehicles are way off the mark. Also, would not recommend you use 'We Want Any Car' as they immediately reduced the price by 6K!!!!. When I redid the valuation they were still offering high prices...."
(Premium) - Posted 1 year ago