Motorway Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The UK's #1 Comparison Site To Sell Your Car

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

151 Wardour Street
London

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"Very good to deal with sold my car no problems in extra quick time."
Posted 1 hour ago
"Great experience using the Motorway Premium Buying service. Received a full price offer within 24 hours (much more than offered by WBAC, etc.) from a network dealer. Communication from Gillian at Motorway, and from the dealer was excellent. The dealer's driver was friendly and courteous; he gave the vehicle a good check and had the funds transferred immediately. Also received an e-mail from the DVLA confirming transfer of the vehicle within ten minutes. Excellent service - would gladly use again."
"Motorway were very professional, Beth helped sell my car in no time at all. When it came to collecting the vehicle, the dealer was very accommodating and paid what was offered on the valuation. The car finance was cleared and the extra was paid into my account the same day. I will definitely recommend Motorway and would not hesitate to use them again."
"Brilliant service from start to finish, will definitely be going back in the future."
"A very pleasant experience. Was initially sceptical about this service being free to me, the seller. However I asked and they explained how it worked so I was happy with that. Within a couple of days I had an realistic offer which I was happy to accept. Car was collected within 2 days and after inspection the money was paid into my account. Very happy with the service and would use again."
"Very easy to deal with and great to have an experience bringing all the best bits of a "webuyanycar" company, but with the knowledge that you are going to get better value. Dealer picking up the car in a couple of days and so far so very good. Great communication, friendly staff, easy to deal with; only minor negative was with the website and uploading of photo's - it wasn't easy on the iPhone, perhaps due to network and it kept refreshing or gong back a step, but dead easy to do off the iPad where it was stable on wi fi."
"Fantastic service. Best price paid for car. Simple process and more importantly completely stress free. Money in my account within 5 minutes of arrival of car collection company. Thank you James and Kate at Motorway for finding me such a great buyer and brokering the deal."
"Brilliant to deal with. Immediate payment and paid the full price quoted. Perfect from start to finish"
"Professional, helpful and very straightforward to deal with, they produced a result within a few hours of listing my car. Very pleased."
"Once your car details are entered into Motorway you receive different offers and different options for your car sale. I chose the car buying group, who I would recommend 100% happy with the service. Offered roughly what I was looking for and didn’t change the amount once we agreed a figure on the phone. 👍🏼"
"I thought the service was absolutely great. Clear, easy and efficient and no hidden costs, unlike some similar sites. My only criticism would be that the guy who came along to collect my car was very grumpy and unfriendly but I guess that’s hardly Motorway’s fault. Overall a really good service and it’s good that you’re not committing yourself when you auction your vehicle."
"Hello, motorway we’re good to deal with, but the dealer Jardine motors were terrible. They agreed a price after seeing the photos of the car, which was subject to tyres and damage on the car. Jardine said all four tyres required renewal and there was a scratch on the bumper, which I can except. Instead of looking at the price again, they said they did not want the car. This was after we got our finance company to invoice them for the car. This now means that we have to pay the 20k finance on the car. I would never deal with Jardines again."
Dear Mr Combellack,

My name is Alex, a director at Motorway. Thanks for this review.

I understand that there were a number of issues with this car - including non-described damage, tyres that needed replacing in full and the type of ownership of the vehicle leading up to the sale which caused a large number of ongoing issues with the purchase.

Unfortunately, our partner Jardine made the decision not to purchase the vehicle because of these issues. This is extremely rare as they complete the vast majority of sales as planned.

This lack of a positive outcome was outside of our control, but we did all we could to manage the process right up until the sale and are here to help ongoing.

This chain of events (and your very negative feedback) is highly unusual for us, but the exceptional circumstances with this sale meant it did not go through as planned.

I am not sure if you have followed up with your contact at Motorway since this review, but there is a possibility we may be able to re-visit your car sale and find another buyer. Please call 01444 620 630 if you would like a chat.

Best regards,
Alex, Director.
"Motorway was new to me so I examined their service as I needed to sell my car without the inconvenience of seeking to do so privately. I cannot fault their response and follow up, and the price I was offered was higher than its competitors I may well have achieved a higher price if I had sold privately, but the arrangement via Motorway suited my circumstances and the whole deal was completed quickly and very efficiently. Excellent service throughout, highly recommended."
"Continually sent me email telling me what to do when they arrived. When collection driver arrived, he did not know what to do. I called company and there promise of immediate payment had disappeared. All sounds like a con in my experience. Its a shame it that there was a lot of money in the vehicle for the company if they had taken it."
Dear Mr Riddle,

Please accept my apologies. We have taken this issue up with our partner The Car Buying Group who you chose to purchase your 12-seater minibus.

This is an extremely unusual vehicle for us and them to handle as a sales transaction and threw up some challenges which meant the sale did not complete.

Firstly, please understand, that we get very few requests to sell this type of vehicle and our partner had to arrange a special collection to pick it up. They ended up using a collection supplier who let them down in this instance. This collection agent is no longer working with the company.

Payment is always the same day, but there were some circumstances outside of our control with the vehicle which I cannot go into here. I am extremely sorry.

Once again, please accept my apologies.

You can call The Car Buying Group on 0333 577 0233 for an update if required.

Best regards, Alex, Director.
"Great service, from applying to getting money on my account was less than a week really easy! Got a price id have been happy to get selling private as well. Will definitely use again!"
"I think I got a fair price and the process went smoothly, except for the drop-off. It turned out that was at 'Aston Barclay' (who I had never heard of), but no-one at the office told me that when they gave me directions and post code, so I spent a lot of time looking for 'Car Buying Group' or 'Motorway' of which there was no mention anywhere! Even when I eventually tried Aston Barclay as a last resort I went into the auction area because there was no signage saying differently. very frustrating and unnecessary: It would be a simple thing to provide more clarity."
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this feedback regarding confusion about the company name and signage at Aston Barclay. Aston Barclay do actually own The Car Buying Group who bought your car, but based on your feedback, this does sound like it is unclear at the Aston Barclay site!

We have passed your feedback on to the right people regarding signage, and hopefully there will be a fix at some point and it will be clearer for everyone in the future.

Thanks, Alex, Director

PS. We offer price comparison at Motorway (rather than buy cars ourselves). We'll see what we can do to make this clearer in places :)
"Really good. Friendly and very quick would definitely recommend."
"The repentive who came out to look at my car was realy nice guy and honest and work hard to get price I wanted. It was easyer than I thought and great service I am a lady on my own he treated me with respect which made sale easy thanks great servucr"
"Kate was absolutely brilliant, very professional and kind. She was very easy to speak to and didn’t have any trouble with communications."
"I recently sold my car with Motorway and the service was excellent. I spoke with Matthew and he was brilliant"
Motorway is rated 4.64 based on 984 reviews