Motorway Reviews

of reviewers recommend Motorway
Courier, Own Driver
Read Motorway Reviews

About Motorway:

The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy
Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough.
An excellent, efficient service. Quick to sell with money in the bank. Got a better price than offered by part exchange and webuyanycar
I had a terrible experience with this company. When I submitted my review on Trustpilot they ha to removed and I have since noticed they seem to have a habit of doing this. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Customer service: absolutely flawless, I was kept informed every step of the way.
I received 20% more for my Toyota than webuyanycar offered.
I immediately knew Steve who came to collect my pride and joy loved his cars and his job.
Eventual waste of time.At first sight it seems that sale valuations you get,coming up online,are going to be actually pretty accurate.After giving all car details,photographs etc,you think the figures given from various dealers will apply and that you just wait for car to be collected.Not so.
After being told collection date is being sorted out, you then find that the price you expected doesn't apply , and Motorway are only then getting actual prices from bidding dealers- bearing no resemblance to their previous figures they had been giving you.
Wasted several days on this site.My actual offer figure was£750 pounds lower than ,previous Motorway figure.
Decided to visit Carshop,next day and sold the car straightaway, :,immaculate,AudiA1 S l, ine sportback,tiptronic,all leather,for better than highest motorway price,with immediate payment.Would highly recommend.
Hello,

I'm sorry you weren't happy with the offers made on your car. Motorway act as a broker, so we don't set prices ourselves, but seek to find you the best offer available from dealerships across the UK.

The way Motorway works is to give you an initial valuation using TruePrice algorithms, which utilise previous sales history, DVLA data, dealership guide prices, and live market data to predict the value of your car. This assumes no damage, full main dealer service history, and top specification.

Offers usually match or exceed the TruePrice, but sometimes come under if the car is of low specification, has issues with service history, or damage. Offers may also be lower if there is a reduced level of demand in the current market for the car. Ultimately however, you are free to accept or reject these offers before anyone comes to see the car.

I'm glad you were able to find a buyer for your car at a price you were happy with, and I'm sorry that you were not able to sell with Motorway on this occasion, but we wish you all the best.

Best regards,

James
Motorway Aftersales Team
Very poor. Wasted 2days of my time then the dealer pulled out before coming out to see the car.

They had offered me just over £36k which I accepted and we agreed a collection date, then their buyer miraculously disappeared the morning before collection was due. They then offered me £34k.

Consumer beware - I certainly wouldn’t will not use again.
Hi David,

I'm very sorry that you had this experience when selling your car. Unfortunately, the original bid was withdrawn by the dealership, which we will be looking into to.

We subsequently attempted to find you a new buyer, but were unsuccessful in matching the bid placed by the previous dealership.

I apologise once again for the time you wasted, and that we were not able to find you an equivalent bid despite our best efforts. We wish you the best of luck selling elsewhere, and all the best going forward.

Kind regards,

James
Motorway Aftersales Team
Be aware of the salami slicing tactics. They sweeten the deal with good initial offers and clever wording. Then you get stuff like, oh we are sorry this is the best offer we have had, "the market is saturated for this make and model, the offer is only valid until tonight and some nonesense about budgets". When the same sentence is stressed exactly 5x in short call you know what time it is. Have to hand it to them, great way to make some money. This is NaaS (Negotiation As A Service). For that they receive 5 stars for selling the car 1.
My £3000 car very low genuine mileage , you offer £895 don’t think so, then you say I could get a better price elsewhere , so why you offer £895 , disgusting
Just had offer from this company. You can not be serious. Just wanted to check this company out on prices poor performance that's a
understatement
Very easy to deal with hassle free
Hi,

Thanks for your 5 star review of Motorway!

Aftersales Manager
Excellent service from start to finish. Great price offered for the car. Really good communication during the process of selling. Many thanks!
Hi,

Thanks for your 5-star review of Motorway! We are really pleased to see you were happy with our level of communication during the process.

Aftersales Manager
Got the highest price from all my searches. Everything straight forward from sending an offer to collecting the car and dvla and disposal

Aftersales Manager
Brilliant service. Prices were spot on

Aftersales Manager
Extreme pressure and endless phone calls, messages and emails, despite me explaining my unavailability due to work. Not leaving me think or discuss offers.
Hi,

I was extremely sad to see your review.

Once we have the highest offer for your car, it is presented to you. This is time sensitive, as the dealership has allocated funds to your car and we need to let them know within the working day. We do contact you via WhatsApp if you are not available on the phone which we have found people respond to when they are not available to talk. I hope this goes some way to explain our process.

As you can see, the majority of our reviews are very positive so I apologise if you felt our service pressured you in any way.

I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.

If you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

aftersales@motorway.co.uk
Guy came round, viewed my car and had the money transferred in 30 minutes. Great
The James Bond of car scrap merchants...cool, debonair and dependable. As I watched my Ford Focus take its last road trip, I knew it could have been in better hands.

Aftersales Manager
Motorway provided us with the opportunity to sell my car, both quickly and securely, giving me the best offers available to choose one, from pressing the first button on my I pad to the final button to check my bank account it was so simple with NO HASSLE ........ thank you
Quick,easy,courteous and fair.
A very good platform to use to sell your car
Very easy and it showed me the best quotes for my car. Sold it very quickly would use this site again! Thanks
Efficient, friendly, and a good price for my car inside 24 hours. The best thing to happen to car sales in years.

Motorway is rated 4.58 based on 1,071 reviews