Motorway Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"Be aware of the salami slicing tactics. They sweeten the deal with good initial offers and clever wording. Then you get stuff like, oh we are sorry this is the best offer we have had, "the market is saturated for this make and model, the offer is only valid until tonight and some nonesense about budgets". When the same sentence is stressed exactly 5x in short call you know what time it is. Have to hand it to them, great way to make some money. This is NaaS (Negotiation As A Service). For that they receive 5 stars for selling the car 1."
"My £3000 car very low genuine mileage , you offer £895 don’t think so, then you say I could get a better price elsewhere , so why you offer £895 , disgusting"
"Just had offer from this company. You can not be serious. Just wanted to check this company out on prices poor performance that's a understatement"
"Very easy to deal with hassle free"
Hi,

Thanks for your 5 star review of Motorway!

Aftersales Manager
"Excellent service from start to finish. Great price offered for the car. Really good communication during the process of selling. Many thanks!"
Hi,

Thanks for your 5-star review of Motorway! We are really pleased to see you were happy with our level of communication during the process.

Aftersales Manager
"Got the highest price from all my searches. Everything straight forward from sending an offer to collecting the car and dvla and disposal"

Aftersales Manager
"Brilliant service. Prices were spot on"

Aftersales Manager
"Extreme pressure and endless phone calls, messages and emails, despite me explaining my unavailability due to work. Not leaving me think or discuss offers."
Hi,

I was extremely sad to see your review.

Once we have the highest offer for your car, it is presented to you. This is time sensitive, as the dealership has allocated funds to your car and we need to let them know within the working day. We do contact you via WhatsApp if you are not available on the phone which we have found people respond to when they are not available to talk. I hope this goes some way to explain our process.

As you can see, the majority of our reviews are very positive so I apologise if you felt our service pressured you in any way.

I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.

If you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

aftersales@motorway.co.uk
"Guy came round, viewed my car and had the money transferred in 30 minutes. Great"
"The James Bond of car scrap merchants...cool, debonair and dependable. As I watched my Ford Focus take its last road trip, I knew it could have been in better hands."

Aftersales Manager
"Motorway provided us with the opportunity to sell my car, both quickly and securely, giving me the best offers available to choose one, from pressing the first button on my I pad to the final button to check my bank account it was so simple with NO HASSLE ........ thank you"
"Quick,easy,courteous and fair."
"A very good platform to use to sell your car"
"Very easy and it showed me the best quotes for my car. Sold it very quickly would use this site again! Thanks"
"Efficient, friendly, and a good price for my car inside 24 hours. The best thing to happen to car sales in years."

Aftersales Manager
"Does everything it says it does. Really handy and i used one of the recommended companies for the sale. Nice one"

Aftersales Manager
"Similar cars to mine are retailing at £2495 and you offered me £90 at the most. It has a full m.o.t, and masses of paperwork inc service history. You ask nothing extra about the cars you value."
Hi Dawn,

I was very sad to see this poor review.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway. While retail prices are not always a good guide to the price you may receive from instant buyers, it sounds like you were incorrectly given a scrap price for your car on Motorway in this instance.

This can sometimes happen in very rare circumstances where we are unable to value your car correctly online. Please accept my apologies here.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help you find a better (and more accurate) price.

Thanks, Alex, Director.
"I'd rate Motorway 0 out of 5! Very disappointed! I was advised I'd get up to £21,202 for my car. This then dropped to £21,000 "because it was a diesel" - which was known of course when I put the details in. When I spoke with an adviser, I made it clear that the car wouldn't be available till towards the end of the month. I was subsequently advised that this £21k offer had been withdrawn and £20,700 was in its place. - Makes " makes 'webuyanycar' look very attractive! And oh, Motorway didn't sell the car in the end!"
Hello, my name is Emma, the after sales Manager at Motorway.

I was extremely sad to see this, we take customer experience extremely seriously, so this review is very concerning to me and is not the feedback we usually receive. We are a price comparison website offering a comparison experience from buyers in the market, we are 100% truthful and transparent in all we do. In fact, we introduced our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chance of any "chipping" (price reductions). Honesty is a core value for us so I would like to apologise for your experience.

Your description of events is not what we expect from any of our buyers and is not what we generally hear, I would like to apologise on this occasions as I believe there was a lack of communication between us and the buyer with regards to when you were available for collection. As a result, we are undertaking training with our sales team to ensure all collection details are clearly communicated with the buyer and agreed prior to the sale completion.

I'm really sorry that we couldn't sell your car on this occasion. If you would like to discuss any further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Aftersales Manager
"Very simple and straightforward process with no hidden admin charges unlike some other organisations that purchase cars. Really pleased with service and would recommend them."
"Went smoothly I had a online quote then i had a call and they upped the offer. Car collector came looked over the car spoke to motorway who paid off the finance and the balance into my bank."
Motorway is rated 4.59 based on 1,066 reviews