Motorway Reviews

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Read Motorway Reviews

About Motorway:

The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy
Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough.
A very good platform to use to sell your car
Went smoothly I had a online quote then i had a call and they upped the offer. Car collector came looked over the car spoke to motorway who paid off the finance and the balance into my bank.
Wasn't sure what to expect however, staff on the telephone were pleasant. they carried out what they said they would. A man came to collect the car after checking through. The money went through within the time I was told. The man did not take the car until the money had gone through. Confirmation emails and phone conversations. A better experiences than initially anticipated.
Good service
fast and efficient service
Useful service and easy to navigate. Prompt responses and user-friendly.
I needed to sell my husband’s car after his death and I wanted the minimum amount of hassle. I dealt with Abi who was very helpful and the driver who came to collect the car was very courteous. The transaction was smooth and efficient. I suspect I could have got a higher price but I was happy with the hassle free sale, which was more important to me.
Very efficient, no pressure. Transporter on time and messaged 1 hr before arrival. Have already recommended.
Very efficient and clear-cut.
I think I got a fair price and the process went smoothly, except for the drop-off. It turned out that was at 'Aston Barclay' (who I had never heard of), but no-one at the office told me that when they gave me directions and post code, so I spent a lot of time looking for 'Car Buying Group' or 'Motorway' of which there was no mention anywhere! Even when I eventually tried Aston Barclay as a last resort I went into the auction area because there was no signage saying differently. very frustrating and unnecessary: It would be a simple thing to provide more clarity.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this feedback regarding confusion about the company name and signage at Aston Barclay. Aston Barclay do actually own The Car Buying Group who bought your car, but based on your feedback, this does sound like it is unclear at the Aston Barclay site!

We have passed your feedback on to the right people regarding signage, and hopefully there will be a fix at some point and it will be clearer for everyone in the future.

Thanks, Alex, Director

PS. We offer price comparison at Motorway (rather than buy cars ourselves). We'll see what we can do to make this clearer in places :)
The sale went smoothly with everyone professional. Didn't quite get the price we would have liked, but there we are.
Hi Jan,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad your sale went smoothly.

I'm sorry you didn't get the price you'd have liked. We take pricing very seriously at Motorway, and launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything else we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know!

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
good service with a good sales team but would be better if the end to end time was reduced ie time from accepting there offer to the car being collected is to long
good service and good price given but would be better if it was fast between offer and collection
I received a good service.
Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We aim to make the process of selling your car as easy as possible, and it’s great to hear you were pleased with our service. We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know.

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
they were very easy to deal with straight forward and uncomplicated. only 2 things to watch out for when you book you appointment as you accept their offer do not go back and decline the offer if they ask you too, as they ask you as they take money off your next offer before they come and look . The offer they made was fair they need to make some money and means you do not have to deal with time wasters ? secondly they pay into your bank right away which is great ? there is an ADMIN fee to take into account that is taken off your price of£65 leave vehicle parked on road as can take some time to collect otherwise would really recommend .
Efficient and business like. Kept their word and very upfront. Depending on the situation would recommend.
Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We aim to make the process of selling your car as easy as possible, and it’s great to hear you were pleased with our service. We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know!

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
Collection of car etc was perfect. The people involved in the process were perfect. However, I was offered a higher figure on the system which was significantly downgraded afterwards. This left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Hi Christina,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the final price you received for your car.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway and recently launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

As a comparison website we don’t buy the cars ourselves, our only aim is to help you find the best possible price for your car by allowing you to compare offers from leading instant online car buyers.

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
Very professional, answered all the questions I had.
(Premium) - Posted 1 year ago
Easy-to-use and clear to understand site
() - Posted 1 year ago
Actually gave £1500 more than everyone else I tried for buying my car. Recommended
(Premium) - Posted 1 year ago