Motorway Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The UK's #1 Comparison Site To Sell Your Car

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

151 Wardour Street
London

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"I think I got a fair price and the process went smoothly, except for the drop-off. It turned out that was at 'Aston Barclay' (who I had never heard of), but no-one at the office told me that when they gave me directions and post code, so I spent a lot of time looking for 'Car Buying Group' or 'Motorway' of which there was no mention anywhere! Even when I eventually tried Aston Barclay as a last resort I went into the auction area because there was no signage saying differently. very frustrating and unnecessary: It would be a simple thing to provide more clarity."
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this feedback regarding confusion about the company name and signage at Aston Barclay. Aston Barclay do actually own The Car Buying Group who bought your car, but based on your feedback, this does sound like it is unclear at the Aston Barclay site!

We have passed your feedback on to the right people regarding signage, and hopefully there will be a fix at some point and it will be clearer for everyone in the future.

Thanks, Alex, Director

PS. We offer price comparison at Motorway (rather than buy cars ourselves). We'll see what we can do to make this clearer in places :)
"The sale went smoothly with everyone professional. Didn't quite get the price we would have liked, but there we are."
Hi Jan,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad your sale went smoothly.

I'm sorry you didn't get the price you'd have liked. We take pricing very seriously at Motorway, and launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything else we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know!

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"good service with a good sales team but would be better if the end to end time was reduced ie time from accepting there offer to the car being collected is to long"
"good service and good price given but would be better if it was fast between offer and collection"
"I received a good service."
Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We aim to make the process of selling your car as easy as possible, and it’s great to hear you were pleased with our service. We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know.

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"they were very easy to deal with straight forward and uncomplicated. only 2 things to watch out for when you book you appointment as you accept their offer do not go back and decline the offer if they ask you too, as they ask you as they take money off your next offer before they come and look . The offer they made was fair they need to make some money and means you do not have to deal with time wasters ? secondly they pay into your bank right away which is great ? there is an ADMIN fee to take into account that is taken off your price of£65 leave vehicle parked on road as can take some time to collect otherwise would really recommend ."
"Efficient and business like. Kept their word and very upfront. Depending on the situation would recommend."
Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We aim to make the process of selling your car as easy as possible, and it’s great to hear you were pleased with our service. We’re looking to improve every day, so if there’s anything we could have done to have earned a 5-star rating, do let us know!

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"Collection of car etc was perfect. The people involved in the process were perfect. However, I was offered a higher figure on the system which was significantly downgraded afterwards. This left me with a bad taste in my mouth."
Hi Christina,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the final price you received for your car.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway and recently launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

As a comparison website we don’t buy the cars ourselves, our only aim is to help you find the best possible price for your car by allowing you to compare offers from leading instant online car buyers.

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"Very professional, answered all the questions I had."
(Premium) - Posted 3 months ago
"Easy-to-use and clear to understand site"
() - Posted 3 months ago
"Actually gave £1500 more than everyone else I tried for buying my car. Recommended"
(Premium) - Posted 3 months ago
"Good selection but not all online buyers included and your partner Car Buying Group both offered one of the lowest prices but also offhand In their correspondence. Motorways customer service was on the other hand exemplary"
"Helpful"
() - Posted 3 months ago
"Easy and Simple Service"
() - Posted 3 months ago
"Service was good, kept me up to date with progress."
() - Posted 3 months ago
"Very impressed we received exactly what we were quoted unlike some car buying companies who knock money off for every little thing possible. Will use again"
() - Posted 3 months ago
"Accurate guide prices for a number of potential buyers. I was unsure how to add additional details about my car, such as previous drivers, which would have affected the price."
() - Posted 3 months ago
"Great choice of various car buying companies."
"Some quotes were unrealistically low"
"Very good service"