Motorway Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The UK's #1 Comparison Site To Sell Your Car

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

151 Wardour Street
London

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"Hello, motorway we’re good to deal with, but the dealer Jardine motors were terrible. They agreed a price after seeing the photos of the car, which was subject to tyres and damage on the car. Jardine said all four tyres required renewal and there was a scratch on the bumper, which I can except. Instead of looking at the price again, they said they did not want the car. This was after we got our finance company to invoice them for the car. This now means that we have to pay the 20k finance on the car. I would never deal with Jardines again."
Dear Mr Combellack,

My name is Alex, a director at Motorway. Thanks for this review.

I understand that there were a number of issues with this car - including non-described damage, tyres that needed replacing in full and the type of ownership of the vehicle leading up to the sale which caused a large number of ongoing issues with the purchase.

Unfortunately, our partner Jardine made the decision not to purchase the vehicle because of these issues. This is extremely rare as they complete the vast majority of sales as planned.

This lack of a positive outcome was outside of our control, but we did all we could to manage the process right up until the sale and are here to help ongoing.

This chain of events (and your very negative feedback) is highly unusual for us, but the exceptional circumstances with this sale meant it did not go through as planned.

I am not sure if you have followed up with your contact at Motorway since this review, but there is a possibility we may be able to re-visit your car sale and find another buyer. Please call 01444 620 630 if you would like a chat.

Alex, Director.
"Continually sent me email telling me what to do when they arrived. When collection driver arrived, he did not know what to do. I called company and there promise of immediate payment had disappeared. All sounds like a con in my experience. Its a shame it that there was a lot of money in the vehicle for the company if they had taken it."
Dear Mr Riddle,

Please accept my apologies. We have taken this issue up with our partner The Car Buying Group who you chose to purchase your 12-seater minibus.

This is an extremely unusual vehicle for us and them to handle as a sales transaction and threw up some challenges which meant the sale did not complete.

Firstly, please understand, that we get very few requests to sell this type of vehicle and our partner had to arrange a special collection to pick it up. They ended up using a collection supplier who let them down in this instance. This collection agent is no longer working with the company.

Payment is always the same day, but there were some circumstances outside of our control with the vehicle which I cannot go into here. I am extremely sorry.

Once again, please accept my apologies.

You can call The Car Buying Group on 0333 577 0233 for an update if required.

Best regards, Alex, Director.
"Need new dealer that pay faster still waiting for my payment even taken my car I have made a mistake selling my car through motorway"
Dear Mr Khan,

I was very sad to see this 1-star review. To clarify, Motorway is a price comparison website that connects sellers with buying dealers and we do not make payments for car purchases ourselves.

Having spoken to the dealership who purchased your car, we understand you left your car at the dealership late yesterday and the payment was made for your car by the buying dealer the following morning (today). Our dealers usually pay the same day, but I understand the car was dropped off unexpectedly late in the day after a home collection was arranged.

As per any bank transfer, the money can take an hour or two to reach your account, but we would expect it to be in your bank account by now. If it is not, please get in touch with your buying dealer who will be able to look into it ASAP.

If you have any more questions, please email premium@motorway.co.uk and we will be happy to assist.

Alex, Director.
"This is a second review. So I get called the day after my first review with a lower offer than was meant to be from two interests. Then after being told that's the best offer I recieved an email telling me there's 2 offers made for my vehicle just short of 3k more than they told me they could get. When I informed them of this they agreed its from there company but that's nothing to do with the first offer. That stands as the best offer. Confused? Me too. Be all & short is it's all B.S to get you to contact them.. Stay Clear."
Dear Scott, I am sorry you found the offers you received confusing. We perform an initial valuation which we may refer back to in subsequent marketing material, we then look to find the best offer we can from our network of dealers. Regarding the pricing issues you mention.... We can see from our database that you have valued your car multiple times and created new records on our platform each time over many months (each valuation is therefore different based on market fluctuations at the time). We'd love to help further, but I'm not sure what else we can do to help as prices will simply keep changing over time as your vehicle depreciates. If you would like further support, please call our Premium Sales Team on 01444 620 630. Thanks, Alex, Director.
"Very annoyed. Received email answered back then phoned and my agent was busy so I was told he would call me back. One week later I get that call (too late) and the agent starts telling me that obviously he was busy at the time and if I don’t want his help then there is nothing more he can do. He said this in a confrontational way and slightly aggressive. If this is the way you do business I’m glad not to be part of it. Really you should start by getting back to people when you say you will ( in a timely manner)"
Hi John,

I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with our service, we take customer experience very seriously, so I was saddened to hear you were not happy.

I believe the slow response time was due to us handling a number of offers from dealers which was taking longer than normal due to us not reaching your price expectations. I apologise for the slow contact here.

Regarding the confontational communication, I was very surprised to hear this, as all our agents are trained to be highly courteous and helpful throughout the sales process.

I will pass on your feedback to the relevant people and we will address your points.

Please do try us again one day, we wish you luck with your next car sale.

Best regards, Alex, Director.
"Fill in information send photos get the hard sell, messages, emails & phone calls then an email to say act now we have interest & secure buyers. 2weeks later nothing & surprise surprise no more çontact. Not impressed."
Hi Scott, my name is Alex, a director at Motorway. In some very rare instances we are unable to find a buyer, there can be a number of reasons for this, including stock requirements across our specialist dealers and/ or market conditions at the time. Please accept my apologies, but having spoken to our premium sales team, they were unable to help with the sale of your van in this instance. Sorry the contact felt slow, but unfortunately we could not help further. That said, one of our buying partners The Car Buying Group should be able to give you a price for an immediate sale. If you would like to call them, they are reachable on 0800 118 2544. Thanks, Alex, Director.
"Didn't get an evaluation despite clicking "get evaluation " 3 times !!??"
"NO VALUATION ???????????????????????????"
"Price offered was a lot less than even the number plate is worth"
"£121 for my car. Lol did make me laugh. Especially when there going for £1000 private sales"
Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the price you received for your car - we’re really disappointed to see a score this low.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway and recently launched TruePrice to ensure sellers like yourself don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale.

As a comparison website we don’t buy the cars ourselves, our only aim is to help you find the best possible price for your car by allowing you to compare offers from leading instant online car buyers.

Kind regards,
Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"First time try to sell my car, Give me unbearable lower price."
"Only offer a quarter price to webuyanycar.com"
"They will swamp you with emails and it is almost impossible to unsubscribe."
Hi there,

I’m Lauren, from Motorway’s customer support team. We try to email customers sparingly, in order to help guide them through the process of selling their car. I’m sorry you found these to come too often. We have taken your feedback onboard.

There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email we send. By clicking on this link, you’ll stop receiving emails from us. However, if you continue to have problems unsubscribing, you can email offers@motorway.co.uk.

Best wishes,

Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
"A deal.is a deal. The price is the price, no-one said anything about the value of the car. I was told it was going to auction. You've got a really good deal there. Enjoy I want be using you again."
() - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Tracey,

Again, I’m sorry you were disappointed with the final amount you received for you car.

Kind regards,
Lauren Taylor, Customer Support
"My car has been for sale for well over a week and had no contact from motorway unless instigated by myself. I have sent 3 e-mails to my contact and only on the first occasion had a response, been ignored other times. Customer service is non- existant at the moment would never use or recommend them again"
Dear Colin,

My name is Alex, a director at Motorway. Sorry it has taken me a while to respond to your review, we have been investigating what happened.

It appears your emails were not responded to in a timely manner in this instance, we accept the fact communication was simply not good enough. We have discussed the matter at the most senior level and put in place procedures to ensure this does not happen again.

I understand from our Premium Sales Team that we were working on getting you our highest offer for your vehicle at the time, but did not respond in a timely matter during this process.

Please accept my apologies here, but if there is anything we can help with, please do get in touch at premium@motorway.co.uk

I hope you can try us again in the future.

Alex, Director, Motorway
"Very low prices"
Hi Susan, Motorway is a price comparison site with prices coming directly from the market. Prices are neither designed to be high or low, but true.

Unlike other sites who can over-inflate valuations, our TruePrice prices (based on thousands of data-points from real sales) are realistic and - assuming average condition - will reflect what you will receive for your car if you sell to the relevant instant buyer or dealer online.

You can read more about TruePrice here: - https://motorway.co.uk/guides/trueprice

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk if you need more help. We'd love to help you sell your car.

Thanks, Alex, Director.
"Waste of time. I submitted all details, photos etc as instructed and received confirmation (two) that I would receive an offer within 48 hours. Nothing, a week later. I subsequently used “Best Car Buyer” instead and everything was concluded (including money in my account, for the agreed offer) within 48 hours."
Firstly, congratulations on a successful sale with our partner car buyer Best Car Buyer, however I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment with our Premium Service. We do aim to get offers within 48 hours and pride ourselves on finding higher prices through our dealer network than with online car buying routes within that time period. In the majority of cases we do get offers fast within a couple of days - we are aligned with our customers in wanting to get a fast sale every time. It appears we fell short here, so please accept our apologies. Given a bit more time, we may have been able to find a buyer, but sadly we were too late this instance.. I do hope you can give us another try in the future. We do all we can to satisfy our customers, so I’m really sad we fell short here. I will look into it. Thanks again for using us, and sorry. Kind regards, Alex Buttle, Director.
"8 days in and not even the courtesy of a phone call...... false promises. Total waste of time"
Hello. Thanks for the review, I was extremely sad to hear about this experience. We would like to speak to you to discuss the sale of your car. For most premium vehicles selecting our Premium Service route, we can find offers within 48 hours. From time to time (and for various reasons), it can take longer to find a buyer for a particular vehicle, this looks like it has happened in this case. Apologies for the slow response here, we do want to help you sell your vehicle! Please call us on 01444 620 630 for an update or email us at premium@motorway.co.uk and we will get back to you ASAP. Best regards, Alex, Director
"was offered 3 times more for my car on a similar web site"
"the value was £1000 below that which 2 reliable garages quoted for my top of the range car"
Motorway is rated 4.64 based on 984 reviews