Motorway Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Motorway

About Motorway: The comparison site to sell your car.

Motorway is the UK's first comparison site for selling your car. It’s the smart, new way to sell any vehicle.

Compare prices from instant online car buyers and dealers. It’s easy to get up to £1,000 more in seconds.

motorway.co.uk

Motorway
2nd Floor, Tennyson House,
159-165 Great Portland Street,

Tell us how Motorway made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Absolutely brilliant service! It took just 3 days to sell my car at a great price way above webuyanycar! The buyer paid immediately and collected my car from home. Can’t recommend these guys enough."
"Be aware of the salami slicing tactics. They sweeten the deal with good initial offers and clever wording. Then you get stuff like, oh we are sorry this is the best offer we have had, "the market is saturated for this make and model, the offer is only valid until tonight and some nonesense about budgets". When the same sentence is stressed exactly 5x in short call you know what time it is. Have to hand it to them, great way to make some money. This is NaaS (Negotiation As A Service). For that they receive 5 stars for selling the car 1."
"My £3000 car very low genuine mileage , you offer £895 don’t think so, then you say I could get a better price elsewhere , so why you offer £895 , disgusting"
"Just had offer from this company. You can not be serious. Just wanted to check this company out on prices poor performance that's a understatement"
"Extreme pressure and endless phone calls, messages and emails, despite me explaining my unavailability due to work. Not leaving me think or discuss offers."
Hi,

I was extremely sad to see your review.

Once we have the highest offer for your car, it is presented to you. This is time sensitive, as the dealership has allocated funds to your car and we need to let them know within the working day. We do contact you via WhatsApp if you are not available on the phone which we have found people respond to when they are not available to talk. I hope this goes some way to explain our process.

As you can see, the majority of our reviews are very positive so I apologise if you felt our service pressured you in any way.

I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.

If you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Aftersales Manager
aftersales@motorway.co.uk
"Similar cars to mine are retailing at £2495 and you offered me £90 at the most. It has a full m.o.t, and masses of paperwork inc service history. You ask nothing extra about the cars you value."
Hi Dawn,

I was very sad to see this poor review.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway. While retail prices are not always a good guide to the price you may receive from instant buyers, it sounds like you were incorrectly given a scrap price for your car on Motorway in this instance.

This can sometimes happen in very rare circumstances where we are unable to value your car correctly online. Please accept my apologies here.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help you find a better (and more accurate) price.

Thanks, Alex, Director.
"I'd rate Motorway 0 out of 5! Very disappointed! I was advised I'd get up to £21,202 for my car. This then dropped to £21,000 "because it was a diesel" - which was known of course when I put the details in. When I spoke with an adviser, I made it clear that the car wouldn't be available till towards the end of the month. I was subsequently advised that this £21k offer had been withdrawn and £20,700 was in its place. - Makes " makes 'webuyanycar' look very attractive! And oh, Motorway didn't sell the car in the end!"
Hello, my name is Emma, the after sales Manager at Motorway.

I was extremely sad to see this, we take customer experience extremely seriously, so this review is very concerning to me and is not the feedback we usually receive. We are a price comparison website offering a comparison experience from buyers in the market, we are 100% truthful and transparent in all we do. In fact, we introduced our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chance of any "chipping" (price reductions). Honesty is a core value for us so I would like to apologise for your experience.

Your description of events is not what we expect from any of our buyers and is not what we generally hear, I would like to apologise on this occasions as I believe there was a lack of communication between us and the buyer with regards to when you were available for collection. As a result, we are undertaking training with our sales team to ensure all collection details are clearly communicated with the buyer and agreed prior to the sale completion.

I'm really sorry that we couldn't sell your car on this occasion. If you would like to discuss any further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Aftersales Manager
"Well I needed a laugh and got one... 10 month old ford transit 8700 miles on the clock... filled in the boxes and waited with baited breath for the quotes..... just over £12k for the first offer.... oh and the best offer £600 scrap!!!... you couldn’t make it up..."
Hi Ivor,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your prices from Motorway. It's worth me pointing out that we are a price comparison engine and work with instant buyers across the market. Prices will be different to those you see on retail platforms like Auto Trader and eBay, but the experience is can be much faster.

That said, while we do not control our partners' guide prices, we take pricing very seriously and aim for accurate instant purchase prices at all times. To help improve the pricing experience for all our users, we launched our own technology called TruePrice to reduce the chances of price shocks for sellers on the day of sale. You can read more about that here:

Also - on the prices you received....

We work with a range of buyers - from the UK's top franchise dealerships, to online car buyers to scrap buyers and there will always be price differentials.

As your car is worth much more than the scrap value, we would not expect you to choose that option - and hence that price (when sorted on amounts) was at the bottom of the table.

It sounds like you believe your car is worth more than £12,000. If you would like to discuss pricing further, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks,

Alex, Director.
"I have never seen the blatant use of corporate thievery so obvious before. 2014 BMW X1 xdrive 55000 miles full service and immaculate £7000 You ought to be ashamed of yourselves ripping off the public like you are doing. Will avoid “Motorway’s“ referrals at all costs. We would be better off putting a sign in the car window on the roadside."
Dear Robert,

Apologies your prices were not as expected. It's worth pointing out we are a price comparison site and present prices from our partner car buyers in the market. The guide prices are not controlled by us.

We are certainly not corporate thieves and gain nothing from ripping off customers by presenting low prices in our comparison tables.

We take pricing very seriously and do all we can to present the highest prices possible. It sounds like something went wrong here.

If you need more help, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do what we can to help.

Thanks, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
"Valued the car (via the reg No.) £8k plus then offered £7k because it wasn’t a ‘high spec model’ with heated seats etc. Heated seats?? It was a 10 month old Toyota Aygo🤣 False promises and loads of excuses!"
"What a load of tosh."
"The quote is a joke I'd never use them"
Dear Chris,

Sorry you were unhappy with your prices from Motorway.

Offering a price comparison service, we do all we can to find the highest prices possible, but it sounds like our partners were unable to meet your price expectations in this instance.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk if you require more assistance.

Kind regards, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.

"Bettered price by a mile"
Thank you for your review.

We do not quite know what we did wrong from this review, but we would love to fix things if we can!

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk to explain any issues you had and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
"gave me no values. wanted me to call a number . i have a very 2004 common car . not worth the time"
Dear David,

It seems we had problems pricing your car accurately. This can sometimes occur in very rare circumstances outside of our control.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help with an offer to buy your car.

Thanks, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
"Poor customer service. Was told I was gonna get a call back twice!! But still didn’t get one!! Awful service!"
Dear John,

Apologies for the lack of a call back. We would like to look into this for you.

Please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk and we will do all we can to help.

Thanks, Lauren Taylor, Customer Support.
"I was told my car was sold by Motorway and offered £1000 more than a local car dealer. The buyer of my car never contacted me and despite Motorway trying to get hold of them they never did. I of course had told the local car dealer I didn’t want to sell my car to them. They also talk about main dealers and dealerships when they are trying to get you to go with them. In my experience the people they sell to are not main dealers or dealerships but just small car garages. A really poor service and not offered any compensation for the fact they didn’t deliver what they said they would."
Hi,

Thank you for your review. I was really sad to see that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We work with a number of independent and franchised dealerships around the U.K. and as this feedback is slightly unusual, we would really like to get to the bottom of it and help as much as we can.

If you would like to email aftersales@motorway.co.uk and I can look into this for you.

Many thanks

Aftersales manager
"Hard to stop repeated annoying contacts"
Dear customer,

I was sad to see this very negative review. Apologies for any issues you may have had.

As this was an anonymous review, I cannot look into this issue further, so to see if I can help...

If you are struggling to unsubscribe, have an issue regarding the handling of your data or would like full removal of your details from our database, please email us at privacy@motorway.co,uk and we will resolve it as soon as possible,

We take the handling of your personal data very seriously, as per our obligations under GDPR.

Thanks,

Alex, Director.
"Out of all car valuations this one got 1 star as they say a Vauxhall corsa van 2011 was only valued at £400. When rest say it’s above £1600."
Hi Robin,

I am sorry to see you were not happy with your valuation - it sounds like the original set of valuations from our buying partners online failed to match your expectations.

It's worth me mentioning that we are a price comparison platform offering buying prices from across the market - we do not price cars ourselves, but that said, sorry we fell short this time.

As to the low price, it could be the fact your vehicle was a van (rather than a car) meant some of our usual buyers were unable to price high enough to meet your selling price.

Also, many other valuation tools you find online will show a retail, dealer or forecourt valuation rather than a purchase price from a professional buyer, which can mean a disparity with our prices when compared back, but either way, once again, do accept my apologies.

If you would like to chat further, please email us at offers@motorway.co.uk

Kind regards,
Alex, Director
"The agreed price for the vehicle was unfortunately renegotiated downwards, not impressed. The driver arrived to pick up the car 2 days early which made the car unavailable to us over the weekend. The driver was also unfamiliar with the process will not use again."
Thank you for your feedback, I was very sad to see this 1-star review.

I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the price and collection service.

As a comparison website we don’t buy the cars ourselves, but we will pass on your feedback to the buyer in question if you can email us at offers@motorway.co.uk with more detail.

We take pricing very seriously at Motorway and recently launched TruePrice to ensure sellers don’t get caught out with price chipping on the day of the sale. You can read about TruePrice here: https://motorway.co.uk/guides/trueprice

Kind regards,
Alex, Director
"Hello, motorway we’re good to deal with, but the dealer Jardine motors were terrible. They agreed a price after seeing the photos of the car, which was subject to tyres and damage on the car. Jardine said all four tyres required renewal and there was a scratch on the bumper, which I can except. Instead of looking at the price again, they said they did not want the car. This was after we got our finance company to invoice them for the car. This now means that we have to pay the 20k finance on the car. I would never deal with Jardines again."
Dear Mr Combellack,

My name is Alex, a director at Motorway. Thanks for this review.

I understand that there were a number of issues with this car - including non-described damage, tyres that needed replacing in full and the type of ownership of the vehicle leading up to the sale which caused a large number of ongoing issues with the purchase.

Unfortunately, our partner Jardine made the decision not to purchase the vehicle because of these issues. This is extremely rare as they complete the vast majority of sales as planned.

This lack of a positive outcome was outside of our control, but we did all we could to manage the process right up until the sale and are here to help ongoing.

This chain of events (and your very negative feedback) is highly unusual for us, but the exceptional circumstances with this sale meant it did not go through as planned.

I am not sure if you have followed up with your contact at Motorway since this review, but there is a possibility we may be able to re-visit your car sale and find another buyer. Please call 01444 620 630 if you would like a chat.

Best regards,
Alex, Director.
"Continually sent me email telling me what to do when they arrived. When collection driver arrived, he did not know what to do. I called company and there promise of immediate payment had disappeared. All sounds like a con in my experience. Its a shame it that there was a lot of money in the vehicle for the company if they had taken it."
Dear Mr Riddle,

Please accept my apologies. We have taken this issue up with our partner The Car Buying Group who you chose to purchase your 12-seater minibus.

This is an extremely unusual vehicle for us and them to handle as a sales transaction and threw up some challenges which meant the sale did not complete.

Firstly, please understand, that we get very few requests to sell this type of vehicle and our partner had to arrange a special collection to pick it up. They ended up using a collection supplier who let them down in this instance. This collection agent is no longer working with the company.

Payment is always the same day, but there were some circumstances outside of our control with the vehicle which I cannot go into here. I am extremely sorry.

Once again, please accept my apologies.

You can call The Car Buying Group on 0333 577 0233 for an update if required.

Best regards, Alex, Director.
Motorway is rated 4.59 based on 1,066 reviews