Mooncup Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mooncup
Read Mooncup Reviews

About Mooncup:

Mooncup® is the original, soft, medical-grade silicone menstrual cup designed by women as the convenient and eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads. Tried and trusted since 2002 by millions of users around the world, the Mooncup menstrual cup offers an end to the waste, discomfort and expense of disposable sanitary protection.

The Mooncup is made in the UK by an ethical, employee owned company. We offer a unique Advice Service run by medical health professionals who can be contacted with any Mooncup usage queries – here to help you make the switch.

It is important to remember that the reviews are personal experiences, they may not be valid for everyone and should not be used instead of professional advice.

If you have a health or medical query, or are unsure about using your Mooncup menstrual cup, please visit the FAQ section on our website: https://www.mooncup.co.uk/faqs/

info@mooncup.co.uk

Vantage Point, New England Rd, Brighton

Tell us how Mooncup made you happy
I'll start by saying I've tried other cups in the past and I always have the same issue - leakage. Some of this is down to a learning curve - it definitely takes awhile to get used to the cup. It requires a bit of a desire to make it work! Another tricky thing is sizing. I am 41, never had children and have a pretty regular cycle and flow. I opted for the small size even though the advice said because of my age I should go for the larger. After trying the smaller mooncup for two cycles, I am going to try the larger size. The smaller one just won't stay in place low enough and as I wear it, it moves up into my body and I think that might cause the leaks. I believe in the menstrual cup philosophy and I very much appreciate Mooncup's lack of dyes, additives, or anything "extra" in the product. I'll be back on once I try the larger size. All that to say, the cup is relatively easy to use, love the eco friendly packaging and cloth carrying bag. Excellent customer service, free shipping, quick delivery and made in the UK. I want to support the company so will buy the large size from them and try again!
Hi Amanda, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing leakage issues while using the Mooncup menstrual cup as well as other menstrual cups and can appreciate this being frustrating! For the time being we would recommend taking a break from using your Mooncup®. Before purchasing another Mooncup, it may help to know that our Advice Team, made up of medical health professionals would be very happy to help explore this further with you with you and can provide tailored advice to help. They can be contacted directly at advice@moncup.co.uk
The idea of the cup is great and comfortable, but I’m confused how you change it without getting messy if you were in toilets at work that don’t have a basin inside the cubicle? The changing of it is very messy. Ok when you’re at home though. I also had less period pain than usual which is a bonus.
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s great to hear that you’re finding your Mooncup menstrual cup comfortable to use and have experienced less period pains 😊. However we’re sorry to hear you’ve been finding changing it when away from home tricky. If you haven’t seen it already, you may find it helpful to check out our website FAQ on using the Mooncup® in a public toilet here: https://www.mooncup.co.uk/using-mooncup/how-do-i-use-my-mooncup-in-public-toilets/. You’d also be very welcome to get in touch directly with our friendly Advice Team at advice@mooncup.co.uk and they’ll be happy to help.
It's great to feel you are doing something that really benefits the environment, is safe and clean. Be careful not to cut too much off as I had difficulty getting mine out one morning. After a mini panic, I managed to resolve it. It can take a while to get used to putting it in and getting the position right and then taking it out but it got easier the more I did it.
I really like the idea of the cup but it’s a hassle to insert/ remove and then emptying and sterilising is just added faff. I trimmed the stalk because it was uncomfortable but then I couldn’t get an easy grip to remove so I just gave up and switched to the pants (much easier) but I still recommend the cup to other people.
Mooncup is rated 4.68 based on 120 reviews