Mooncup Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mooncup
Read Mooncup Reviews

About Mooncup:

Mooncup® is the original, soft, medical-grade silicone menstrual cup designed by women as the convenient and eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads. Tried and trusted since 2002 by millions of users around the world, the Mooncup menstrual cup offers an end to the waste, discomfort and expense of disposable sanitary protection.

The Mooncup is made in the UK by an ethical, employee owned company. We offer a unique Advice Service run by medical health professionals who can be contacted with any Mooncup usage queries – here to help you make the switch.

It is important to remember that the reviews are personal experiences, they may not be valid for everyone and should not be used instead of professional advice.

If you have a health or medical query, or are unsure about using your Mooncup menstrual cup, please visit the FAQ section on our website: https://www.mooncup.co.uk/faqs/

info@mooncup.co.uk

Vantage Point, New England Rd, Brighton

Tell us how Mooncup made you happy
I’ve been using the one mooncup for 14yrs now. It has revolutionised my life, and my perspective on my period. It’s been excellent for travelling & holidays, especially when backpacking or going to remote places (no need to count days and tampons, I just know if I have my Mooncup and a few liners for the heaviest days, I’m sorted. It’s great for exercise.. I don’t feel it at all, and can still do acrobatics and hang upside down, if I feel like it. It’s helped me get a full night’s sleep when i’m bleeding because I am no longer worried that I’ll leak through a towel and onto the sheets and be bleary eyed at 4am cleaning blood spots out of my favourite white sheets, and still having to make the bed again before I can go back to sleep. None of that anymore thanks to my Mooncup! It also makes swimming a wholehearted YES that i don’t even need to think about! No soggy expanded tampon that I need to rush to a toilet to change as soon as I get out of the ocean or a pool. All of that PLUS i am not adding endless sanitary waste to this beautiful planet every month. I’ve probably saved at least $2500 across the years. Big wins all round. Very minimal learning curve at the beginning.. easy to position and ensure a seal (turn and squeeze PC muscles), retrieve, empty, rinse and pop back in. All people who menstruate should have one. Truly, I have never looked back. Every month i am delighted by my Mooncup and feel blessed to live in a time of this handy invention. Have been intrigued by the newer softer ones on the market now, but have heard some friends had trouble with them not opening up, and leaking, and though my Mooncup has yellowed a little over time, it is still totally functional, clean, smells fresh, and I’ve never had the problem of it not opening up... probably because the Mooncup is a bit thicker and holds its shape better. I bought the B size when I was 22, am now 36, (haven’t given birth) but I haven’t noticed any increased leakage over time. I bleed quite heavily and still use a liner in the first couple of days as precaution because if the Mooncup gets full before I can be bothered to empty it then of course it will overflow/leak (which is the same for a tampon when it is saturated..) I feel like the Mooncup has helped me get more in tune with my natural flow. I also like that I can be out bushwalking and just dig a little hole and return my blood to the earth, rather than having to wrap a bloody tampon up and lug it around with me until I find a bin.
I don’t know why I didn’t purchase a Mooncup sooner. Once you get to grips with the folding it’s so easy to insert. Very easy to use and I’ve had no leakage so far. I also feel like I’m doing my bit for the environment and it’s nice not to have to purchase products every month. Very easy to clean. Before I purchased I really wasn’t sure how I’d get on but I would highly recommend giving it a go.
I've found the mooncup much more comfortable than tampons and would recommend it.
I wish I had known it before. It is very easy and comfortable to use. I have saved money already since I stop using pads, etc. Highly recommend
The mooncup is the ONLY menstrual cup that is comfortable to use for my whole period. It’s easy to use and I can’t feel it when it’s in! Definitely worth every penny, I’ve already saved myself a fortune in pads and tampons not to mention the benefit for the environment. I highly recommend this brand.
Great, fast service with no unnecessary packaging Mooncup is fairly comfortable, most of the time I forget I'm using it. Only downside is it can sometimes press hard on my bladder and make me feel like I need to pee when I don't For the most part I am very happy with it and it is incredibly convenient. It's lovely to be able to forget I'm having a period until I suddenly remember to empty it (I might start setting an alarm!) I am absolutely a convert. Ticks boxes for convenience, cleanliness, comfort (most of the time), ease of use, environmentally friendly/sustainable, plus for some reason I never get period cramps when I'm using it
Hello Claire – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It’s lovely to hear you’ve found switching to the Mooncup menstrual cup such a positive experience and are now a convert! We are however sorry to hear that you sometimes feel pressure on your bladder when wearing the Mooncup® – this shouldn’t be happening so we’d would recommend you take a break from using your Mooncup for now and get in touch with out friendly advisors at advice@mooncup.co.uk. They can look into why this may be happening and work with you to try and resolve this 😊
Really happy with my transition to the Mooncup. The advice team were really helpful when I had queries about sizing before buying and then gave loads of advice with fitting when I was having problems. So much better than tampons as you can't feel it and don't have to worry as much. It does take a bit of getting used to and initially is fiddly to get in/ out but stick with it and try the different folding techniques to find which works best for you. I'm very active and it's worked brilliantly when mountain biking, hill walking and running.
Transformed my periods! Love that it is reusable so it is good for the environment and good for my bank account :) Took a while to get used to putting it in and out but it is not painful at all, which I was worried about! Don't know if this related to the cup at all, but I find I am less crampy than usual since starting to use it! Would highly recommend giving it a go. I was very worried it would be uncomfortable to wear or painful to put in, but it has been neither of those things! So definitely worth a try!
Super product top quality. Great website and instructions on how to use.
Brilliant! Everything is spot on. Don't wait, you deserve a mooncup in your life.
I really like my mooncup! I tried another brand but mooncup is the most comfortable for me. Just one remark regarding the size advice: I think it is misleading to give the size advice based only on age. There are so many factors that influence your choice of size and I think this should be mentioned on the website. E.g.: I purchased a mooncup size A because I had turned 30 a few years ago and it turned out that the bigger size hurt me a lot, so I had to go back to size B.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear about the discomfort you experienced when using the size A Mooncup menstrual cup and can appreciate this being disappointing. Our sizing guidelines are based on age and childbearing history, both of which can affect pelvic floor tone. That said, we of course understand that everyone is different. If you wanted to explore this further, please feel free to contact our contact Advice team directly by emailing them at advice@mooncup.co.uk
Mooncup is rated 4.7 based on 146 reviews