MCN Compare Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend MCN Compare

Tell us how MCN Compare made you happy

"Shared my details Hadn’t retained previous details caused me later issues Like this survey never bought anything lol"
"Hi disappointing as you cost me £15 because you promoted me to renew my insurance before it was due therefore I went ahead only to find I was still on cover. The £15 was the admin fee for setting up a policy I did not need 😢"
"not sending copy of NCD for new insurers poor show"
"The reason I have given a poor review is that you can't get a comparison for a multi bike policy and if you need a comparison for a single bike policy then you can't add any modifications to the bike on the comparison site so you have to phone the company direct to get a quote , so you might as well save time and phone the insurance companies in the first place ."
"There is no facility to add accessories, so it cost me £30 to add them with Bikesure 10 minutes after I bought the policy through MCN Compare. Hope there aren’t lots of people out there riding round with invalid insurance."
"Used to be a good site with cheap quotes but not this year it’s been one of the dearest sites"
"I've got more spam now that you have my details than I've ever had before. But I saved a few quid on my insurance so that's something."
"There was no option for scooter kept on a locked backed garden and only limited manufacturers of security devices causing me to now have wrong info on my schedule"
"I used a number of comparison sites including yours. However by going direct to my car insurance company online I received a better quote."
"I liked the simplicity of the site but was a little disappointed that every price that was quoted was inaccurate when I went to go through with the payment. I'm not sure if that is mcn or the insurance brokers at fault but it was quite frustrating when I was trying to get my bike insured so I could leave the dealership with my new bike."
"Tried to 4 years running & your always more expensive than the annoying opera singer or the meerkats"
"My motorbike was not listed on the drop down menu so after entering personal details I could not progress any further online and had to sort it out using the phone. The phone service was very good."
"way too expensive"
"You get a quote but every time you go back before you accept it its gone up £20 Pay by credit card - up £20!! Go back to pay by debit up £20 Change date of purchase of bike from june 1997 to dec 1997- up £20 Can do better MCN"
"When i received a quote it stated that it was available for 30 days, after one day the MCN website didnt even recognise my ref number which was generated when given initial quote. I had to reapply for another new quote and take it which cost more, i find that a very sneaky way to increase pricing."
"I'm starting to think that the insurance quotes that your given isn't the quote that you are originally given when using MCN. The problem being once you accept the link and answer the questions and make payment. It say the payment could not be transferred, all reasonable enough you think. Then the insurance number comes up for you to call. When you do the insurance quote is not as cheap as originally planned and quoted for. In my case 220 pounds more expensive. Leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth and suspected rip off."
"The MCN compare website froze before it could give me a list of comparable quotes so I received a phone call instead. Having given all m information again over the phone the guy on the other end of the phone was quite pushy and got funny when I asked him to email me the quotes for me to compare, saying that they would change as soon as he came out of them, I told him I'd take the chance but he didn't send them. I ended up calling another company who'd text me a quote a few days earlier and spoke to a charming man for Bennett's Insurance who couldn't have been more helpful in reducing my quote."
"Right Choice quote came out top. Went to purchase and was told they had made an error and price was for third party not fully comp! They blame the insurer..."
"MCN Compare might save you money if your circumstances do not deviate from 'the norm'. I thought I'd saved money, but then the new insurance company asked extra questions a I have ended up paying more. Would I use this site again..No. I'll call insurance companies direct, answer all their questions and get a true price."
"The comparison service was fast and easy to use, but ended up costing me a lot of money and landing me with a policy I could not leave and was not suitable. The MCN compare quote form did not offer the option for a secure, locked compound in the field where you fill out where the bike is kept - so the quotes returned and accepted were fine right up until the insurance provider was told the bike is kept in secure, locked compound. They then refused to quote for that and, since I had mentioned it, could only offer me 3rd party only but for (conveniently) the exact same price as the third party with fire and theft. If MCN had offered the option for a secure locked compound instead of a driveway, they would have known the information from the start."
MCN Compare is rated 4.65 based on 2,041 reviews