Maxwells DIY Reviews

enquiries@maxwellsdiy.co.uk

Maxwells DIY
Shotton Road

Tell us how Maxwells DIY made you happy
Trustpilot reviews Categories Blog My Reviews My Settings Help LOG OUT Alternate Text Michelle Sheridan GB For companies profile image of Michelle Sheridan Michelle Sheridan United Kingdom 1 Review 0 Reads 0 Useful Click “Yes, update me” to receive emails from Trustpilot about your reviews, inspiration, tips about businesses and products, information about Trustpilot, and new features. You can opt out at any time. Review of Maxwellsdiy Michelle Sheridan 1 review 1 star: Bad Just now Find staff with the right attitude Not impressed with their cutting service man. I had a number of small pieces of woodi needed cutting. They're was one man in the queue behind me. The cutter days he'd do them later that day as he needed to serve everyone what first and my job would take a while. I told him there's was one man behind me and that he could go first then he could do mine. He refused staying that other customers might come along and want theirs done. He said he would ring me later that day when he managed to get mine done after everyone else. I told him not to bother and I'd take my customer else where. They've lost me as a customer.
(Chester Le Street) - Posted 2 weeks ago
1 tin of paint arrived instead of the 10 I had ordered, the problem was that my e nails were then ignored for weeks by customer services, I was left in a predicament. Fortunately I had pain by PayPal. I would Defo avoid this company whose motto clearly means nothing!
Shopped in Southshields store yesterday and was charged £36 for a sheet of 9mms plywood they did cut it for me however it has always been 50 pence for first cut and rest no charge.This cannot be right people go to Maxwell's because they have a cutting service puts them ahead of dog stores in this respect.Are Maxwell's jumping on virus bandwagon I think board was only £15 or am I mistaken.On top of this only 3 out of 6 cuts were correct.
Very helpful and friendly steff
Very satisfied with product though delivery was much delayed due to Covid
Excellent service will use again
Paint ordered on 18th March and payment taken same day. No sign of paint or any indication as to when it might arrive. No delivery or DHL reference to follow up. Disgusted with this dreadful attitude which I am now referring to Trading Standards. Covid19 is no excuse for fraud or mismanagement of customers.
Hello, i am not usually one to complain but i feel i must say something about the abismal treatment i recieved today ( sunday 26/4) at your Birtley Branch. i rang yesterday ( 25/4) enquiring about loft boards, i was informed that ther were in stock but the shop was closing soon and would be open at 10am on Sunday, i was also told it would be best to turn up at 09.30 to get ahead of the queue. so this morning i turned up at 09.30 and was pleased to see i was the only one there so first in the queue. The main gate was locked so i parked outside ready for it to open. at 10.00 i rand the store to ask if someone could open the gate as there were n ow about 30 cars waiting to be in. at 10.07 someone came and opened the gate only to find there were already about 25 people outside the shop who had left their cars and walked in! so from queuing at 09.30 i finally actually got into the shop, after having to join the end of the queue at around 10,30. i know these are difficult times but if i was told to queue from 09.30 the least they could have done is open the gates then to let the cars in. when i copmpained at the shop i was told, sorry nothing we can do about it!! great customer service....NOT!
I ordered 2 tubs of 5 litres paint and was so happy with maxwells Diy service. Kept me updated and estimated delivery was 1-14 days ordered April 20th and came yesterday on the 23rd very quick service would definitely recommend and order from them again 👍
Ordered about a month ago, not recieved anything and no reply to any of my emails
Dont bother with this company have emailed them no reply gone to paypal complaints for a refund still waiting only been over 3 weeks useless company
Same experience as others here, placed order a month ago, have had half the items ordered, have not heard anything about the rest of my order. Can't get in touch with anybody, just absolutely awful customer experience and service
Ordered and paid for 2 tins of Dulux quick dry satin gloss but only received 1 tin.
Despite all the problems caused by the coronavirus pandemic and the resultant lockdown, Maxwells delivered my order. I am very impressed, thank you Maxwells, will not hesitate to use you again when required.
Even with the crisis going on this paint was delivered in 2 days and in good condition and the price was cheaper than anywhere else great service
Not everything that I ordered and paid for was delivered...no reply to calls or email.
Have given 1 star because couldn’t give zero! Ordered on 24th March. Some of the order arrived yesterday. Tin of gloss paint was so battered, old and rusty that it must have been dragged out of some dark, forgotten corner somewhere. Two tins of paint and filler are a ‘no show’ with no explanation as to why. No one answering the phone and no response to my emails. Money, of course, was taken in March! We all know times are difficult but don’t take people’s money if you can’t complete the service; that’s just dishonest.
4 weeks later still no order has been shipped. no communications from them either. Claimed refund back through Paypal. a poor company with poor communications!
Ordered on the 26th March with a lead time of 1-7 days still hasn’t arrived although payment has been taken! I anticipated that it would take longer due to the current situation but this is now a joke. I’ve rang and emailed and get no reply. Will never use maxwells again!!
Maxwells DIY is rated 4.24 based on 3,397 reviews