Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd Reviews

About Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd:

Matthew James is a family business that prides itself on providing excellent service for its customers. Whether you are moving a whole house or just a few precious things, whether they are going across the street or around the world, we’ll take the same care, door to door. If you are not used to moving house, and most people are not, the whole thing can seem a bit daunting. There is so much to do and never enough time in which to do it. That’s where we come in.

+44 1322 251 000

Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd 5 star review on 24th March 2017
Mrs E Portas
Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd 5 star review on 6th March 2017
Mrs W Coles
I needed a few items delivering from the UK to my house in Italy. The company were initially helpful. The cost quoted wads just under £900 on a shared delivery. I paid in full as soon as I received the invoice.

My goods arrived at their warehouse and were waiting to be scheduled for delivery. After a week or so COVID-19 happened and the borders were closed leaving my goods stuck in their warehouse.

I appreciate these events are outside of their control but they are also outside of mine.

I incurred additional storage charges of over £300 - more than a third of the original quote. They showed no willingness to compromise on the fees and I had no choice but to pay up. Given the extraordinary circumstances I would expect a little more leniency and understanding. I also expected the communication from the payments department to be a little more empathetic.

Eventually the actual delivery was good and the delivery staff did a great job.

*** UPDATE ***

I have recently been contacted by a member of Matthew James' customer care department by the name of Nicola. She was far more empathetic and actually took the time to discuss the matter with me. She was genuinely unhappy that this matter hadn't been brought to her attention earlier as she felt it could and should have been resolved straight away. She agreed with my presentation of the facts above and we agreed that given the extenuating circumstances of COVID it was fair and reasonable that we share the cost of the additional charges equally.

Many thanks Nicola.
During covid-19 our house sold at a weeks notice. The removal company we asked first were on furlough. Luckily our second choice were available, and we became more and more pleased. Sandie was really helpful and pleasant from the start. The packing and removal team were helpful and friendly. We needed some bits added to the load a few days later and again no problem. Fantastic
Matthew James came to the rescue when my originally booked removers cancelled! They understood my situation and just helped fast! The service was very supportive, there was a lot to do in a short amount of time. Can't thank Michael Watson enough for making sure I got booked in and Aaron and Harvey worked incredibly hard on the day to get the job done! Thank you all so much for your professionalism and understanding. I would definitely recommend Matthew James.
I needed to collect a new motorcycle from Newcastle but my plans got changed and I had to work so couldn't make it. I contacted Matthew James Removals that evening to see if they could help and within 24 hours my new pride and joy was by my side. Excellent, professional service and even the guy I bought the bike from contacted me to say how helpful and securely they drivers packed and transported my bike with care.
From beginning to end, Tim James removals have been an absolute pleasure to do business with! They made a super stressful time much easier to deal with.
From the first point of contact with Max Oughera and Darren Kelly, who were helpful, informative and approachable in their emails to Craig, Ross, Shane and Danny who managed the physical move in Italy and the UK, they were all a joy to work with. They were friendly, efficient and accommodating and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.
Thank you Tim James removals for making my transition from Italy to the uk that much easier to deal with!
Christy
Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd 5 star review on 9th January 2020
Our experience with Matthew James has been fantastic. We moved the contents of a 4 bedroom house from London to Madrid. Everyone, from the customer service to the removal guys at both ends, have been very profesional, hard workers and very nice people.

If we decide to move again, we will use Matthew James without a doubt.
The pick-up was done efficiently and courteously despite some initial misunderstandings about which level of service I had contracted and paid for. this was resolved after a flurry of emails (to which I never received an acknowledgment or reply). I also had to refuse an attempted rescheduling of pickup which would, had I agreed to the request, have meant me missing my flights.
The arrival was satisfactory, although the drivers arrived without any warning, and to the wrong house, and a day later than scheduled. They had no valid phone numbers despite my having phoned the headquarters the previous day on my UK mobile. The unloading was OK. However, boot-marks left on the carpets was not appreciated; no unwrapping of furniture was attempted and this later took many days to achieve and many trips to the recycling centre. Breakages were minimal but included several (4 or 5) glass objects (wine glasses) and in addition the microwave arrived so damaged it wouldn't operate and had to be scrapped. But these are really small quibbles, as the care over packing seemed really very good. Well over a hundred boxes had to be unwrapped, emptied and then disposed of, a task which is still ongoing eight working days later.
Excellent experience from start to finish. The team helped me move from a difficult central Paris location (during transport strikes) and were really cheerful, professional and competent with my move back to the U.K.
Excellent service from start to finish ... thank you
Ours was a complete house removal from Italy to UK and every part of it went perfectly - the packing in Italy, shipping to intermediate storage in UK, and final delivery from storage to our new home, everything was great. Would have no hesitation recommending Matthew James
Fantastic customer service and a great team making our move from Germany to the UK very smooth. Will be contacting them in the future for our next move! Five stars!
Professional and friendly service. My removal was organised and completed within the expected time frame.
Friendly efficient service. Would recommended this company.
It took 50! days (yes, 50 days!) to bring my stuff from Liverpool to Northwest Spain. On top of that some of the things arrived damaged. Furthermore, the driver who got to Spain was reluctant to go through a road where allegedly the electrical cables were lower than the truck (they were not!) and was not helpful at all. Definitely, taking 7 weeks for a move is not something I would recommend, especially if you are moving to a new place and need your stuff with you asap. Never again with MJR.
Great company great move highly recommended! Nothing but praise for the hard working guys who moved us!
From the moment to making the call for a quote to shaking of the hands on completion of moving from the guys moving us everything was just amazing! Superb service and professionalism!
What an amazing service! This was a "difficult" move, an old man, a great deal of stuff, a small house, not much parking, but the three movers, Tony, Lawrence and AJ, were polite and patient and hardworking for two solid days. Everything was packed beautifully, everything arrived safely, and the three movers were great company too. Could not recommend this company more highly!! Well done and many thanks.
Great service. The move was done very quickly and the items were received in perfect condition!
Everything was made so easy from the first contact to the delivery.
From the uk to overseas.
Everyone was very professional and friendly. When the delivery was made they went over and above what was expected could not be more pleased with the service.
Would definitely recommend
Excellent service throughout the process. Thoroughly recommend.
Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 233 reviews