Hitchcock & King Ltd Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Hitchcock & King Ltd

About Hitchcock & King Ltd: Hitchcock & King have over 40 years experience of serving London as timber and builders merchants.

How would you rate Hitchcock & King Ltd?

Unverified Reviewer

Delivery arrived as advised the very next day.
Harj Ali-Hayre
Unverified Reviewer

This is the worst company I have ever come across. I was returning some skirting boards and whilst I was taking the smaller pieces back to the truck it turns out the Hitchcock and King delivery driver wasn't bringing back the larger boards I'd left in the garden. No he instead illegally accessed my flat and I found him sitting on my toilet doing in his words "a big job"! Well he used virtually an entire toilet roll! He didn't apologise. He just scarpered, grabbed the remaining boards and left. I guess I should just be glad I wasn't burgled! The response from the company has been non existent. In 3 weeks despite my numerous calls, emails and even hand delivered letters to the Directors of this supposedly family run business, I am had nothing. No apology, no refund, nothing. It's as if they are hoping if they blank me then I will just get bored and go away! Unfortunately for them my credit card provider is now involved and as a criminal offence took place I am reporting it to the Police. But do not under any circumstances use this company. It took 3 deliveries for them to send me the correct items I ordered, I haven't got a refund, I still have no apology. and quite frankly it appears noone is in charge.
We'd like to offer our sincere apologies once more to you, we can assure you that this issue has been dealt with by the branch manager and the staff member in question. This is not in line with our usual standards expected. However, we have had correspondence prior when the complaint was placed, so we politely refute that our response and apology has been non-existent. We have offered a credit note, which was actioned on the the 4th of July, after confirming which items were being refunded.
South Bank (London) Construction
Verified Buyer

The staff at Epsom and Fulham are always incredibly helpful and the deliveries are always carried out as they are promised. A pleasure to deal with.
Mcquade Construction Limited
Verified Buyer

Personnel level of service,and the feeling that the prices were always fair
H & H Maintenance
Verified Buyer

They didn't ordered items asked for delivery for morning called 2.00 o clock to ask where it was only to be told that the branch did not have the bricks. So no I am not happy with the company this is not the first time that this has happened.
Verified Buyer

The lovely staff always brighten my day
Thank you for choosing to come to Hitchcock & King!
ALM Renovations Limited
Verified Buyer

The guys at Hammersmith always offer great service and give you the time and advice to source the materials that are best suited to the job
Our Hammersmith branch will be pleased to hear it, thank you for using Hitchcock & King!
Verified Buyer

I used to use the branch in Ravenscourt park but found the lads who worked in the yard were incredibly rude and unhelpful and would do anything to avoid serving you. On the last occasion I used the place i was shocked when one of the lads asked if I wanted to fight when all I wanted was to get materials, he was very busy showing his mate some video on his phone . I would like to say that two of the lads behind the counter were very helpful and when I got a volly of abuse from the lad in the yard they came out and got the materials. I'm pleased you are sending this survey out as a complaint at the time fell on deaf ears. The shops on the whole are very good and the deliveries are spot on ,but Hitchcock and King need to take a closer look at some of their staff and their attitude to customers.
Verified Buyer

Brian from Fulham and Kashid from Ashford two most helpful people with instant service or best solutions
Your praise for Brian and Kashid has been passed on, thank you for choosing Hichcock & king an for taking the time to review!
Verified Buyer

Not bad service but always willing to help
Thank you for taking the time to review our services!
Hugo Kirby
Verified Buyer

prompt delivery, good prices, very good at dealing with any invoice/accounts queries
Nice people
We're glad to hear you're happy with the services we offer, thank you for choosing to use Hitchcock & King!
Verified Buyer

Very quick response to my email request.
We do try to push our customer service efforts where possible, thank you for taking the time to review!
Mitchell C
Verified Buyer

I have received a very good service and have a good relationship with the staff
Thank you for the positive review, and thank you for your choosing to use Hitchcock & King!
SPC Management
Verified Buyer

Always been helpful and made deliveries whenever possible, sometimes same day
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we're glad you are pleased with our customer service and deliveries.
G.J.Clark Carpentry & Building Ltd
Verified Buyer

I have used Hitchcock and King for many years now to purchase pretty much all the materials I need and have always been 100% happy. Very helpful, excellent delivery service and become friends with most of the staff over the years. Highly recommend for all your building materials at competitive prices
Thank you for the kind words, and for using our services over the years! Our staff will be very pleased to hear this.
Pascal Huser Build & Design Ltd
Verified Buyer

They have always treated me as if I was their best customer
We're happy to help supply materials for your brilliant projects through Fulham!
Rai Developments Limited
Verified Buyer

Its branches are convenient located
all requested deliveries come next day, delivery service is reliable
branch sales are helpful if comes to finding specific goods if necessary
good contacts with sales team and accounts
We put in great effort to ensure deliveries and customer service are at a high standard, so thank you for taking the time to review our services!
Hugh Marshall Limited
Verified Buyer

I use the Epsom branch of Hitchcock & King and the manager Paul runs a very good shop and outfit. All the staff are well trained and very helpful. Their board cutting service is exceptional and always very accurate. Highly recommended.
Paul and our Epsom branch staff will be very pleased to hear this! Thank you very much for your continued custom at Hitchcock & King.
Verified Buyer

Materials are too expensive and delivery charge.
We're sorry to hear this, we pride ourselves on our quick delivery and customer service, if you'd like to give more details to sales@hitchcockandking.co.uk it would be appreciated.
Unverified Reviewer

Staff at Epsom know there stuff
Hitchcock & King Ltd is rated 4.19 based on 26 reviews