Hitchcock & King Ltd Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Hitchcock & King Ltd

About Hitchcock & King Ltd: Hitchcock & King have over 40 years experience of serving London as timber and builders merchants.

sales@hitchcockandking.co.uk

74 — 86 Carnwath Road, Fulham

How would you rate Hitchcock & King Ltd ?

"Lately discovered Hitchcock in Twickenham and I’m really positively surprised about overall services received. I was a long time Selco and Builder Depot customer but since finding Hitchcock only shopping there. Either delivery or directly from the branch supplies always come in a high quality and best price in town. I’d like to prise the hard work, keen and positive approach of the whole staff at Twickenham. Just name a few: Artur, Craig, Cris, the Governor and the female cherry on the cake which the name I can’t remember unfortunately. I can recommend and I do to all builders in London!"
"Cannot recommend these guys enough. Every time I go to Epsom branch they are all so helpful and go above and beyond with advice. I never have to wait either. I’ve sent a lot of friends there because you can’t beat the service or price as well handy wood cutting service. I think every room in my house has something made from wood sourced and cut there over the past few years. Today I went there for a project to help a friend and their kindness and generosity really overwhelmed me. 🙏 thank you guys!"
"Local suppliers with knowledge."
"Rude people"
"This morning I was verbally abused by one of the delivery driver of the company while he was parked wrongly. I was actually happy to wait but just got shouted at for using the road and got told that having his hazards on gives him all right and that he could even sit in his van and make me wait if he wanted to. I had to call the manager as it was a very rude and unnecessary behaviour. I am pregnant and had a toddler in the car. The manager however was very apologetic and very nice."
"Just experience the most foul mouthed and horrific employee from your company while driving on the A23 in croydon. Absolutely disgusted by their behaviour, esp with me having two young children in the car."
We're sorry to hear this, if you could email sales@hitchcockandking.co.uk with details of roughly what time this occurred we will look into this for you.
Lorraine Barclay
Unverified Reviewer
"I called up the Streatham branch, to order some hardwood and they refused to cut the decking for me. As a timber service, I think this is appalling. Kind regards Lorraine Barclay"
We're sorry to hear this, I've messaged privately to ask for the (approximate) time of this call so that we can look into this further.
"Really helpful efficient speedy nice guys Couldn't be more pleasant"
"Delivery arrived as advised the very next day."
South Bank (London) Construction
Verified Buyer
"The staff at Epsom and Fulham are always incredibly helpful and the deliveries are always carried out as they are promised. A pleasure to deal with."
Mcquade Construction Limited
Verified Buyer
"Personnel level of service,and the feeling that the prices were always fair"
H & H Maintenance
Verified Buyer
"They didn't ordered items asked for delivery for morning called 2.00 o clock to ask where it was only to be told that the branch did not have the bricks. So no I am not happy with the company this is not the first time that this has happened."
"The lovely staff always brighten my day"
Thank you for choosing to come to Hitchcock & King!
ALM Renovations Limited
Verified Buyer
"The guys at Hammersmith always offer great service and give you the time and advice to source the materials that are best suited to the job"
Our Hammersmith branch will be pleased to hear it, thank you for using Hitchcock & King!
"I used to use the branch in Ravenscourt park but found the lads who worked in the yard were incredibly rude and unhelpful and would do anything to avoid serving you. On the last occasion I used the place i was shocked when one of the lads asked if I wanted to fight when all I wanted was to get materials, he was very busy showing his mate some video on his phone . I would like to say that two of the lads behind the counter were very helpful and when I got a volly of abuse from the lad in the yard they came out and got the materials. I'm pleased you are sending this survey out as a complaint at the time fell on deaf ears. The shops on the whole are very good and the deliveries are spot on ,but Hitchcock and King need to take a closer look at some of their staff and their attitude to customers."
"Brian from Fulham and Kashid from Ashford two most helpful people with instant service or best solutions"
Your praise for Brian and Kashid has been passed on, thank you for choosing Hichcock & king an for taking the time to review!
"Not bad service but always willing to help"
Thank you for taking the time to review our services!
Hugo Kirby
Verified Buyer
"prompt delivery, good prices, very good at dealing with any invoice/accounts queries Nice people"
We're glad to hear you're happy with the services we offer, thank you for choosing to use Hitchcock & King!
"Very quick response to my email request."
We do try to push our customer service efforts where possible, thank you for taking the time to review!
Mitchell C
Verified Buyer
"I have received a very good service and have a good relationship with the staff"
Thank you for the positive review, and thank you for your choosing to use Hitchcock & King!
Hitchcock & King Ltd is rated 4.03 based on 33 reviews