Hitchcock & King Ltd Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Hitchcock & King Ltd

About Hitchcock & King Ltd: Hitchcock & King have over 40 years experience of serving London as timber and builders merchants.

sales@hitchcockandking.co.uk

74 — 86 Carnwath Road, Fulham

Tell us how Hitchcock & King Ltd made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat
"Incredibly helpful staff. Very knowledgeable and quick to respond to enquiries. Very good stock so always able to get what you need. Clean tidy and well organised. Excellent."
"Best Builders Merchant in South West London by a mile. It's always a good experience and those behind the counter make it professional and easy. Richie stands out for his knowledge, experience and helpfulness mixed in with lots of great humour."
"Very pleased with service ,one of the best building merchants shop in area. I would recommend to everyone. All of the guys are fantastic but Richard is one the best!!!"
"Everyone very helpful and done with a smile and joke."
"Came in Saturday to the Fulham branch and had exceptional service by a new young lad in training, whilst still on training he was very up to date on his product knowledge. Polite and punctual customer service. overall very happy and would recommend any builder or tradesman to go there for their equipment. Also enjoy a good laugh with everyone on the sales team cheers guys:)"
"Very pleased with the customer service at the Fulham branch. The staff behind the counter are extremely helpful and always make my visit a welcome one."
"Dropped into the Epsom branch for some timber yesterday at 4pm and was told by the manager that it was a bit late in the day to cut anything! Appalling customer service from manager and staff, foul language in constant use and general loutish behaviour. Forklift driver was also operating the lift and using his mobile phone. It will be a long, long time before I use your Epsom branch again."
"I’ve been using Hitchcock& King in Fulham for more than 18 years. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I’m extremely happy with the service provided by Ritchie. Thank you"
"One of the best ,co- operating team by services and advice ..excellent customer service...very happy to deal with them for the lady 20 years ..store in Fullham provides all the building materials in this traffic area makes our job easy to be done"
"Customer service at its best in your Ashford Surrey branch the gentleman was so helpful"
"Went in to get help on a quote at Ashford Surrey. I was shocked at the way I was spoken to at customer services. Apalling customer service. I won't be going there again. Terrible company."
"Lately discovered Hitchcock in Twickenham and I’m really positively surprised about overall services received. I was a long time Selco and Builder Depot customer but since finding Hitchcock only shopping there. Either delivery or directly from the branch supplies always come in a high quality and best price in town. I’d like to prise the hard work, keen and positive approach of the whole staff at Twickenham. Just name a few: Artur, Craig, Cris, the Governor and the female cherry on the cake which the name I can’t remember unfortunately. I can recommend and I do to all builders in London!"
"Cannot recommend these guys enough. Every time I go to Epsom branch they are all so helpful and go above and beyond with advice. I never have to wait either. I’ve sent a lot of friends there because you can’t beat the service or price as well handy wood cutting service. I think every room in my house has something made from wood sourced and cut there over the past few years. Today I went there for a project to help a friend and their kindness and generosity really overwhelmed me. 🙏 thank you guys!"
"Local suppliers with knowledge."
"Rude people"
"This morning I was verbally abused by one of the delivery driver of the company while he was parked wrongly. I was actually happy to wait but just got shouted at for using the road and got told that having his hazards on gives him all right and that he could even sit in his van and make me wait if he wanted to. I had to call the manager as it was a very rude and unnecessary behaviour. I am pregnant and had a toddler in the car. The manager however was very apologetic and very nice."
"Just experience the most foul mouthed and horrific employee from your company while driving on the A23 in croydon. Absolutely disgusted by their behaviour, esp with me having two young children in the car."
We're sorry to hear this, if you could email sales@hitchcockandking.co.uk with details of roughly what time this occurred we will look into this for you.
"I called up the Streatham branch, to order some hardwood and they refused to cut the decking for me. As a timber service, I think this is appalling. Kind regards Lorraine Barclay"
We're sorry to hear this, I've messaged privately to ask for the (approximate) time of this call so that we can look into this further.
"Really helpful efficient speedy nice guys Couldn't be more pleasant"
"Delivery arrived as advised the very next day."
Hitchcock & King Ltd is rated 4.09 based on 44 reviews