GetHair Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read GetHair Reviews

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.0410 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

Tell us how GetHair made you happy
Great service provided by GetHair, from the inital conseltation on they their website to the completion of the operation they have been nothing but exceptional. The process was very easy although it was nerve racking but the GetHair team was there with you throughout the journey so you felt at ease. I would definitely recomend to anyone who is deciding on getting this procedure done.
Good experience comfortable from start to finish to early to say anything about the result.
Faultless experience. Absolutely brilliant and comfortable from start to finish. Unfortunately I can’t say anything about the results until after 4 months, but in terms of the journey and customer service, I couldn’t have asked for more.
My hair story started about 4 years ago. I have been conscious on my hair disappearing for a while, I had looked into several treatments (none evasive) shampoo’s, vitamins etc. I knew deep down, the only way was a hair transplant. I wasn’t after a quick fix or a temporary solution. My hair was getting down. I started to google the hair transplant procedure both FUT and FUE. I found myself scrolling millions of images of people’s before and afters, looking on with envy. I said to myself that this can’t be real and the cost of having the procedure in the U.K is not a viable option due to cost. Luckily for me, my best friend who also had insecurities with his hairline took the plunge and visited Turkey with Get Hair. His results are fantastic. Having a friend as a reference, where I could see the results put me at ease. Every time I saw him, my confidence grew and there was only one company I was using to get my procedure done. I spoke with Stuart from GetHair and he instantly put me at ease. I knew I was making the right decision. The overall experience has been fantastic, from first communications, to all the finer details of hotel transfers to and from the Istanbul airport have all been seem less. The whole experience was coordinated with military precision. From the moment I landed in Turkey, GetHair had me covered. I had a driver waiting for me, who took me to the hotel. The day of the procedure I was greeted by Dr Apaydin’s assistant, who traveled to the clinic with me and also explained verbally the days agenda. Before I knew it, I had Dr Apaydin and his team in front of me, talking about what I wanted and how we can achieve the hair I wanted. The procedure it’s self, was painless and really relaxed. I was put at ease with the professionalism that the team conducted themselves with. The day was over before I knew it and I was taken back to the hotel. I found myself gleaming in the mirror at my new hairline. I studied the mountain of information I had received to ensure that I get the results I desire. The post care support and information has been accurate and to the letter, I am exactly where I’m supposed to in my recovery. All my questions have been answered by the team over in Istanbul, the responses I have received have been timely and reassuring. This outlining the professionalism of the GetHair outfit. I was fortunate that I had my friend as a reference on his experience of his procedure. So GetHair was a easy choice. The whole experience has been seem less and effortless, that’s down to the hard work of the GetHair team. I could not recommend GetHair enough. Since my procedure, I have had people stop me and ask where I went. I have directed them to Stuart and the Team. Thank you guys! It’s been a pleasure!
Been 6 months now seeing a lot of growth very happy with the results. Excellent customer service they still do follow up’s on email even after 6 months will 100% recommend get hair
You have definitely come to the right place if you are looking for a hair transplant, Get Hair have been absolutely brilliant from start to finish and I could not fault them in any way. I had done plenty of research prior to choosing to go with Get Hair, it has now been 3 weeks since my transplant and I am so happy. Stuart was my main contact and his customer service has been second to none. He answered all questions promptly and made me feel very comfortable all the way through the whole process. The payment process was easy and secure. The transfer to and from the airport was well organised, seamless & comfortable. I was contacted by Dr. llker Apaydin’s assistant on arrival in Turkey and Zeynep was very organised and made me feel very welcome. The hotel was great, and the staff were very friendly. The hospital is a short 3-minute walk from the hotel and Zeynep came to collect me from the hotel on the morning of the procedure. I met with Dr.llker Apaydin who talked me through the process and introduced me to his team who are all very lovely. The procedure itself is done by the doctor which is one of the main reasons I chose to go with Get Hair. The aftercare instructions were clearly explained, and I am very excited about seeing the results in the coming months. Extremely happy with everything overall and highly recommend to those thinking about getting it done.
After almost 2 years of research into hair transplants in both the UK and abroad, and after exchanging emails and phone calls with Zak in London I decided to go with Get Hair. What I liked about them was that their attitude was relaxed and put no pressure on me to make a decision where as other companies I contacted were constantly phoning and emailing me. I decide to have the procedure done by Dr Ilker Apaydin as he has a good reputation and I liked that the transplant would be overseen by a doctor. On the day of my departure we had really bad snow and my flight was delayed by 4 hours but I was pleasantly surprised that the transfer to the hotel was waiting on arrival in Istanbul. The hotel I stayed at (Modus hotel) was great and there are loads of other people having surgery staying there so you are by no means on your own. The evening meal at the hotel is excellent but the breakfast not so great. On the day of the surgery I was collected from the hotel by a lady called Zaynep and we walk up the hill to the hospital which is only 5 min walk away. Once at the hospital, I filled in the relevant paperwork and met with Dr Ilker and his assistants to discuss the procedure. The injections for the anaesthetic were not as painful as I was expecting and I felt minimal pain during the procedure. It took approx 7 hours with a lunch break in the middle. The hospital (Nisantasi Hastanesi) is extremely clean and all staff extremely kind and proffesional. If you have any reservations about having the procedure in Turkey, believe me you have nothing to worry about. With Get Hair and New Age (the clinic in turkey) you are in safe hands. It has now been 4 weeks since my transplant and my recovery is going well with great communication and after care from Get Hair. Overall I am very happy with the service from Get Hair and I am looking forward to seeing the end results.
The whole experience was very professional and I'm extremely happy with the result. It has increased my confidence massively! Thank you to all the team at GetHair! :)
This is in response to gethairs response to my review and it seems they aren't as professional as I said they were. They claim that any photos you send them are for internal purposes only and yet they have posted my photos online for daring to leave them a negative review. Anyone reading my original review and their response will notice that they have failed to address the points that I brought up such as how is it possible to have a 3800 graft procedure in just 4 hours when even their own patient agreement forms states that a procedure involving 2000 - 3000 grafts will take around 6 hours. Or the incisions that didn't contain any grafts etc etc etc. Unlike gethair I am prepared to address the points that they have mentioned such as alcohol being a problem following a hair transplant. For this reason I didn't drink anything for 1 week before the operation and nothing for 6 months following the operation. Although it's interesting that they have mentioned this because it sounds like they are saying that this is the reason for the bad result and yet at the same time insisting that it is an acceptable result!!!! So which is it as you can't have it both ways. Also at no point was I ever told that I would require 2 hair transplants to get a decent result. Also as mentioned in the original review the photos they have used are not like for like comparisons as in the first photo my head has been recently shaved and in the second photo I had not had a haircut for 3 months. I was warned by Stuart Cuming that if I wrote a negative review they would publish my photos but I refused to be blackmailed into keeping quiet.
Hi Bryan,

Could you please provide your reply underneath the initial review rather than creating a separate/new negative review.

Regards,
Kaan Aksoy
I would like to start by saying that this is going to be a very long, detailed and above all else very honest review about by my own personal experience at Gethair and my final result. Unlike most people I am not writing this review shortly after my procedure and on the basis of the service but instead I have waited a full 12 months afterwards so that I could cover everything. Before choosing Gethair I spent a full 6 months doing my research and going for consultations with various clinics. I also sent my photos off to various clinics in Turkey and got back different quotes for between £1100 and £1600. At £3000 Gethair were by far the most expensive but then the opportunity arose for me to have a face to face consultation with Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu at their office in London. I had been told beforehand by Gethair that based on my photos they would be able to extract 3600 grafts, however after Dr Oguzoglu had examined my hair and had seen how thick and dense my donor region was that they could extract 3800 grafts. He drew on a new hairline which I thought was a bit high but he explained that was so as to create good density. I said I would go away and think about it which I did before deciding that as they were twice the price of all the other clinics then surely they must be twice as good! So I booked. When I arrived in Istanbul the driver was waiting for me and did his best to make conversation despite the language barrier and the hotel itself was very nice. The following morning I was picked up and taken to the hospital where the hairline was drawn on and my head shaved before being taken into the operating room. It was now 10am. Dr Oguzoglu then came in and did all of the incisions and when he had finished the technicians took over and began to do the extractions and as soon as that was over they began the implantation process. Before I knew it I was told that it was all finished and when I looked at the time it was 2pm. This is when the first alarm bells starting going off in my head. I had read many reviews on hair transplants and the one thing that everyone says is what a long, boring day it is and yet my procedure, supposedly involving 3800 grafts, took just 4 hours. The next thing that caused me concern was that when it was over and before I had even got myself up off the operating table, the technicians who had been working on me had grabbed their coats and bags and left for the day. When I later emailed Stuart Cuming at the London office about this he said that once they had finished what they are doing there is no need for them to hang around which is fair enough but does seem a little unprofessional. I was also not given a mirror so that I could see how it looked and instead had to wait until I was in the elevator going down where there was a mirrored wall. I was also concerned that Dr Oguzoglu didn't check on me afterwards to see how it looked even though he was still there as I saw him sat at his desk when I walked past his office on the way out. The next day I went back for my first hair wash and just as the girl doing the hair wash was about to begin her mobile phone rang so she washed my head with one hand whilst talking on the phone with her other!! I then flew back home and tried to put all of these concerns out of my head and tell myself that everything would be ok in the end. As the next few months went by the communication with Stuart Cuming was very good with him asking me for photo updates on a regular basis. By the 6 month stage I was starting to get very concerned as the transplanted region was looking very thin and wispy which was especially concerning considering that my hair has always been very thick. By the 8 month stage it was obvious to me that things weren't going to improve and even Stuart Cuming himself admitted in an email that: "I would have expected to see a little more growth by the 8th month." However as is standard practice by all hair transplant clinics he said there is nothing that can be done until I have reached the 12 month stage and see what the final result is like. Well the 12 month stage has now been reached and the result is thin, wispy, patchy hair with lots of gaps in between. I recently had my head examined and during the examination I was asked if I had any photos from my procedure and luckily I had taken plenty in the days afterwards and when we zoomed in on the photos the first thing that was pointed out to me was the amount of incisions that had been made that didn't even contain any grafts. Now whether this is because no grafts were ever placed in the incisions in the first place (which would explain the 4 hour operating time) or whether they came out during the first wash when as explained before the girl doing the wash was busy talking on her phone at the same time, is something I will never know. I have also been in touch with many other clinics in the UK, USA, and Turkey and the one thing they all have in common is that they all say it is physically impossible to have a 3800 graft hair transplant in just 4 hours. Once I had got my calculator out and did some sums I had to agree with them. Considering it took almost an hour to do the incisions, that left approximately 90 minutes to extract 3800 grafts and a further 90 minutes to implant 3800 grafts!!! Simply not possible. When I questioned Stuart Cuming about this he said the technicians wouldn't lie about the number of grafts. Well someone is certainly lying and the proof is in the pudding as they say. Even Gethairs own patient agreement form states that: "a procedure involving 2000-3000 grafts will take around 6 hours." I was recently asked to send in my 12 month photos which I did, but was then asked to send in some more from different angles which I didn't do as by this point I had already made up my mind that I wouldn't return to Gethair for a second hair transplant even if it were offered free and the reason for this is because you only realistically get two attempts at FUE surgery before your donor region is all used up so I wouldn't want to go back to the same clinic that gave me such a poor result the first time around. Stuart Cuming did compare my current photos to what I looked like before and say that I did now have a lot more hair which im not disputing. Even though the "before" photo he used had me with a shaved head and the "after" photo was after me not having had a haircut for 3 months, I do agree that I have more hair now than before but it looks terrible and has zero density. I have gone from a man you looked "bald" to a man who looks like he is "balding." In other words I would be better off just shaving my head again. In one of his last emails to me Stuart Cuming states that: "every client is treated in the same way and given the same service." Well I certainly hope that's not the case as otherwise it doesn't look good for everyone else who is planning on going to Gethair. What would have been far better would to have admitted that on this occasion they fell short of the standards and final result that they would normally expect and to have offered me a refund or at least a part refund but that never happened. I have two friends that have been to other clinics in Turkey (one paid £1100 for 3650 grafts and the other paid £1400 for 3900 grafts) and both have ended up with incredible results, which just shows that paying more money doesn't mean a better result. I just want to end this review by saying that despite my experience I don't believe Gethair to be a bad company. I think they are a professionally run clinic who can produce good results and having Stuart Cuming based in the UK obviously makes things easier for communication. Its just a shame that in my case they have refused to admit that they came up short.
Dear Brian,

Thanks for leaving your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that your expectations were not met.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that you are on NORWOOD SCALE 5A to 6. Meaning, you have had advanced hair loss level, which for many clinics, requires at least 2 sessions to get it to a point that it's considered as a meaningful outcome.

And, we have implanted 3800 Grafts in one session with a great success.
To prove how successful the operation was, we are sharing your Before/After photos to show your result, although you refused to send us a photo of your hair, taken under normal lighting conditions (as the one you sent is taken under a very harsh light with wet hair) and dry.

Obviously, our help is limited when a patient refuses to send the final outcome photo with our guidelines.

I would also want to bring to your attention that in our Patient Assessment form, you reported us that you drink 5 units of alcohol a day, and Stuart has warned you about the potential risks of this on your final result, prior to your deposit payment.

But nevertheless, in our professional opinion you achieved a result which a very limited number of clinics in the world could deliver only in one session.

Kind regards,
Very good service doc and staff was really nice I did not have any problem and I stayed in best hotel thx 😀
After many months of research and deliberation, I came across the Get Hair website.  Get Hair were very different to the other companies I was in contact with and many hounded me on daily basis for my custom but Get Hair were patient from day one. I liaised with Stuart who was my main point of contact, I found him to be friendly, knowledgeable, and informative and no pressure tactics used, I would also like to add that whilst Stuart was on leave, Zac and Kaan were on hand to assist during his absence.  I chose to go ahead with Get Hair due to the above factors and with the reassurance that a doctor was involved heavily in the procedure – you may find cheaper companies but be aware that doctors may not be carrying out the procedures. On topic of payment, the process was simple and secure. Upon arriving in Turkey, the transfer was ready and waiting which made the journey to the hotel simple. The hotel is of a decent standard and has helpful/friendly employees who made our stay enjoyable. The coordinators for the procedure were Zeynep and Leila who were extremely organised and covered all questions or concerns. The hospital is 2 minutes away from the hotel and they were available to assist with collections/ drop offs. Once at the hospital, there was a team of friendly technicians who assisted Dr. Ilker Apaydin during the procedure. Although this is a long day, they try to put you at ease. The injections were manageable and the procedure was uncomfortable at times but not painful. There are many things to consider for after care but again this was communicated well by the coordinators. Overall, I am very happy with the service provided and I am currently in the recovery process having recently returning to the UK. I am eagerly waiting to see the long term results and the proof will be in the pudding!
I would recommend Gethair in my experience up to a month post op (I will not know until a few months how successful the operation has been so my rating and review does not reflect that). I found the customer care in the UK very good and it was easy to call up whenever if I had any queries. The hotel in Istanbul was fine, though basic. The day of the operation I was met by a woman from the clinic who spoke v good English and was very helpful and took me to the hospital a few minutes walk away. The operation went smoothly, nothing unexpected. Pain for the first five minutes and then mostly pain free although in some spots I had to ask for more anastetic to be applied. The most uncomfortable part is the first part when you are face down but it is bearable. After lunch the second part was putting in the new hair. This was easier and I listened peacefully to podcasts. By the end was feeling quite uncomfortable as the procedure was over 8 hrs but once it was finished was looked after very well by another woman who spoke v good English and explained the aftercare and brought me a pizza. Next day was a quick wash and then off to the airport. All in all everything went smoothly and I was satisfied with the service Gethair provided. Will have to see the finished product later but was happy with how the trip and pre care and operation went. I have kept in touch since with a few questions that have all been answered swiftly.
I am a 28-year-old guy who had been considering a hair transplant for the past few years. I started thinning around the age of 25, but really noticed it worsen summer last year. What started as a joke with my mates turned in to me booking with Get Hair. I was becoming obsessive about my hair loss, it was effecting my confidence greatly - so I thought enough is enough. I am nearing my two weeks since the operation. I cannot recommend Get Hair highly enough - seriously. The whole transaction, from meeting Stu, to flying to Turkey, to the hotel, food, hospital and surgery were first class. The process went seamlessly with me being kept in the loop at every stage. The staff were amazing and Dr. Ilker was incredibly welcoming and informative. The place was spotless, the hotel was gorgeous and there is no pain involved whatsoever. The hotel is filled with DOZENS of people in the same situation - as is the airport, so there is no need to feel self-concious whatsoever. If you're thinking about it, seriously, my advice would be just go for it - you genuinely have nothing to worry about. The whole thing came and went in a blur - purely because of the seamless transactions and coordination of the Get Hair package, you honestly don't have to think about a thing once you're there. I'm now on the way to recovery and cannot wait to see the results over the coming months. From my experience so far, I will 100% be recommending Get Hair, Dr. Ilker and the New Age clinic to anyone who asks. GO FOR IT!
Hi this is darren I had 2000 grafts at frontal section of my head. 3 weeks ago. Everything is going really well thanks to such a great team who worked with me. I would definitely recommend get hair as the whole process was absolutely superb. Great team great service. Can’t wait to see my results. Thanks Darren.
The process was awesome, from the first point of contact that I made with Zak via email until my last point of contact and continued assistance from Zeynep. The most important factor after a surgery is the communication you have with the clinic because your worried and at times need answers quick. This is where Zeynep and Zak excelled. Everyone was helpful and very quick to respond. Everything went smooth. The hotel was nice and the food was REALLY GOOD. The personal in the clinic made me feel at ease and reinsured me that everything was going to be fine. I definitely recommend Get Hair, they are very responsible and even after the procedure, they still are quick to respond if you have any questions.
I was very happy with the service I received from Get Hair from start to finish. I had spent a long time researching this procedure but I was still cautious and nervous about going ahead with it. At no time did I feel pressurized by the the advisory team (Zak) at get hair and they were on hand to answer any of my questions at any time. On the lead up to the Op I was very happy to receive personal contact to reassure and prepare me for the procedure. The process was carried out exactly as they described with no hidden surprises, from airport pickup to drop off. I experienced many others in the same hotel as me attending another clinic for a slightly cheaper price but comparing my experience to theirs I definitely would rather pay a bit more knowing the professional service I received. The after care has been very good, I guess I was a little naive about the length of the recovery process but it is still early days for me to comment on my results, but after 5 weeks, so far so good. Niki B.
I only have positive feedback about Get Hair and the operation overall. From the first point of contact to booking in the operation and post op, all has gone according to plan/advised. I would have no doubts in recomending them. Excited to see the results between the 3-6 month mark. I must say im really pleased and relieved i have had the op - was wanting to do it for a long time but never had the courage...finally got round to it and its the best thing did!
A great service from start to finish. All my questions answered very promptly by Stuart, by email or phone. On arrival in Turkey, everything is well organised and very stress free. From the airport pick up to to dropping you back to the airport and getting you to and from the hospital is done on time. The hotel was excellent and the room service was very good and a great price. The procedure went very well and the after care you receive the following morning before your departure gives you all the information needed for a successful transplant.
GetHair is rated 4.88 based on 372 reviews