GetHair Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read GetHair Reviews

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.0410 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

Tell us how GetHair made you happy
GetHair 5 star review on 17th August 2020
I feel bad writing a bad review considering the experience was a good one on the service side of things. The pick up from the airport, the hotel, the communication was all good. The reason why I am not happy is because a year on and after 3000+
grafts I look no different. I stressed to the surgeon and translator before the procedure that I wanted my crown area covering as that is where I am thinning the most and is the area that I wanted sorting (the whole reason I came to turkey) and after the procedure I could clearly see that all the grafts were to the front of my head. My crown area was hardly touched. So now I am left with an even worse bald spot on the back of my head as the front of my head is thicker than it was. So basically they have made the matter even worse for me. I have basically paid thousands of pounds and gone to all the effort of the surgery to be left worse off. I was worried about the language barrier side of things before I went but thought I would be ok seeing as the reviews were so good and that they had translators. Clearly didn't work in my case! When GetHair have e-mailed me to ask me how my progress is coming along I have mentioned this to them and how I am not happy and I have just been ignored. I have nothing back from the surgeon which I think is pretty poor.

Just to make you all aware from the get go I have pointed out that it was my crown area I wanted covering, I had sent many photos and backed this up with plenty of communication so it wasn't just a mistake on the day. They were aware that I wanted the grafts on my crown and have just decided to do what they want and put them to the front (an area that granted was thinning but wasn't a big problem area like the crown).
Booking a hair transplant is a big deal.. financially and emotionally.
I paid more than normal in Turkey because I thought having a plastic surgeon do the procedure would make it more professional? Less painful?
Either way I did not factor in the pain, even numb I was aware of everything last needle and hair graft transfer. The transplant was not as painful as the extraction, which really hurt. The recovery process does only take 14 days from looking awful to being able to get about society again. But the work and sheer ugliness of the healing process is hard. Would I do it again? Never! But I probably would still have done it as the thinking and regret of not trying to restore my hairline would have bothered me.
My warning is this:
Think long and hard, nothing is easy.. think of the pain and healing and times it by 10 to get a true idea. I’m on day 18 post op.. I’d never do anything like this again.
Get hair we’re probably no worse than any other company but I would not write home about them either..
Dear Dan,

Thank you for your review.

We understand that everyone has a different pain threshold and sometimes may expect a totally painless medical procedure.
We believe that we never mislead our patients by such promise or expectation.

A hair transplant operation is a medical procedure that requires local anaesthetic as standard, globally.

As you may read from other reviews, vast majority of our patients either did not feel any pain or fell asleep throughout the procedure.

Kind regards,