GetHair Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend GetHair

ask@gethair.co.uk

Business Design Centre52 Upper St.128A

How would you rate GetHair ?

Gavin
"I had my procedure done just over 2 weeks ago now and I have already noticed a difference in growth. All scabs have fallen off within the 14 days as informed, and my hair is definitely looking fuller already. Great service from Gethair from start to finish. I have already recommended Gethair to about 8 people who are interested in gaining a better head of hair, and I have to say the whole experience was flawless. All correspondence and contact from Stuart Cumming and Mel in Istanbul when I arrived, has been first class. At no point during the first contact I had with Gethair, have I had any doubts or concerns about the procedure from leaving the UK to returning back again. On the morning of my procedure, I sat at breakfast and was surrounded by 6 or 7 others who had obviously had the procedure carried out the day before. This made me feel a lot more at ease knowing I wasn’t going to be the only person in the hotel with bandages and headband. The aftercare products and contact have also been first class, with all queries and questions answered immediately. Due to others seeing me in the flesh post op and telling them of my experience, I’m sure you will have quite a few enquiries from my area. Thank you very much for a first class professional experience. I would most definitely highly recommend Gethair to anyone wishing to have a hair transplant, as the whole experience was truly flawless and worth every penny. Thank you very much Stuart and team."
John C
John C
"I would highly recommend anyone to choose gethair as their choice of company to go forward with a hair transplant procedure. With thousands of websites advertising the procedure, I was particularly interested in Gethair because their website was not full of promotions and unverifiable testimonials, but instead offered transparency throughout. By offering a typical average price, and explanation of why the price is such compared to other countries, it encouraged me to research how accurate their account was, only to take confidence in their accuracy. On the website they also detail the hospital and hotel, both of which can be verified by researching away from their site; and as they have a UK base which can be traced as being not just a virtual business, I was further at ease knowing that Gethair as a company was “above board”. As they also have a good number of YouTube videos offering accounts of patients’ experiences at all stages, it was reassuring to see real people coming to Gethair for their procedures. After making my initial enquiry, I was asked to submit photos of my hair from several angles. I submitted these to Gethair and within a few days I received a detailed report from Dr Tayfun, specific to myself, explaining what work would be carried out, and with a final quote which was almost the same as the generic cost shown online, and at no point did I feel any pressure to make any financial commitment to the procedure. It’s worth noting that the quote includes virtually everything, and it makes the experience even better value than imaginable. The quote includes the driver taking you to and from the airport in Istanbul, to and from the hotel and the hospital, breakfast and accommodation in a very comfortable and high standard hotel - and of course the hair transplant procedure itself. Return flights, evening dinner and room minibar (soft drinks only of course), are your only additional expenses. Dinner in the hotel is very good quality and value, with room service available and in spoken English. I couldn’t have felt more at ease on operation day itself. As advised I had a good breakfast (I definitely recommend Turkish eggs), and the driver arrived on time to take me to the hospital just a short drive away from the hotel. Staff were very welcoming, the hospital immaculate, and there was a clear high standard. As the procedure was underway and following anaesthetic, the operating staff regularly ask if you are experiencing any pain to make sure you’re always comfortable, and if any anaesthetic wears off or not enough is administered, they will stop and ensure you’re comfortable before carrying on. Most staff speak some English, but fully fluent staff are available at any time if needed for more complex English conversations. What’s it actually like having the procedure? Easy, simple, nothing to it, sit back and relax. It’s very much like having a filling replaced at the dentist except the procedure is to the scalp not gums; in other words, it’s really not a big deal at all. You’re lying back on a dentist like chair, it’s not particularly invasive, you’re conscious throughout (though I took a nap for a while), and staff keep you comfortable and informed throughout. With a lunch break at the halfway stage, my procedure of 3,400 grafts lasted around 6.5 hours from start to finish, with very good aftercare given both on the day and for the morning follow-up. From the moment I arrived in Istanbul to the time I left, I felt relaxed, under no pressure, and all I had to do was turn up for my driver when required. Interestingly on my plane home from Istanbul to Heathrow, on a plane with nearly 200 passengers, I noticed around ten other men on the plane who had had the same procedure carried out elsewhere across the city. What I noticed especially was that for several of these men, their operations looked to be of quite poor quality, sparsely transplanted, even half-done jobs where only the front of the scalp was operated on leaving a bald or thin crown untouched, and for some, not particularly protected for the journey afterwards. No headbands, but taped up instead. Speaking to one who had a half-unfinished scalp, when he asked how much I’d paid for full coverage of my scalp, he was quite taken aback as he’d paid much more for a much poorer looking job done. Having seen what other people’s experiences have involved, I definitely take great confidence that Gethair and Dr Tayfun are great value for money, have given me a great looking head and I’m quite excited going forward to seeing my hairgrowing; and most importantly, a very reassuring choice. I’d recommend nowhere else."
Angus M
"The whole experience was really easy and straight forward. I emailed 5 photos of my head/hair and then received an in depth email with a quote of what Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu recommends. I had a 3800 graft over my full head including the front, top and crown area transplanted. The team at Get Hair were really excellent. They made me feel at ease straight away. A member of staff talked through every stage of the procedure which was interesting and very reassuring. On the day of the procedure I met Dr Tayfun for an initial consultation and he did the 1st stage of the procedure where he cut the channels on my head where the new hairs will be inserted. The Nurses did the following stages where they extracted the grafts from my donor area (back and rear of my head) and inserted them into the transplant area. The whole procedure was pain free and took 4 and a half hours. There was mild discomfort on a couple of occasions but nothing that was too stressful. Nasimi was really helpful and spoke to me after the procedure on exactly what I should and shouldn't do to look after my new transplanted hair. He was very clear and very knowledgeable. This was very reassuring and helped to make sure I was looking after my new transplant. The following day I went back to the hospital to have the dressing changed. There were other patients there too. It was good to meet others who had been through the same experience and compare transplants. Nasimi spoke about what we should do over the next month from taking the medication for one week, through to washing the new transplant to help recovery. It is now 10 days after the procedure and everything is all going well. I would like to thank Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu and his whole team for looking after me so well. The whole experience from start to finish was very professional."
"I initially spent some time looking for a transplant surgeon in the uk, but they were extortionate, I then found get hair and was very impressed with all there information and felt confident with Dr Tayfun’s experience, I then spoke to stuart and he was ever so helpful and did not pressure me to make a decision in anyway! I found the whole process really easy and straight forward. I decided to pay for my surgery before going to turkey as my bank could not guarantee my payment would go through in Turkey! I was a bit worried, However when I arrived in Turkey the taxi driver was there to meet me even though my flight was late! I was taken to a lovely hotel and contacted by the turkish coordinator Nasimi. The next morning I was picked up and taken to meet Dr Tayfun and the team. They didn’t speak much English but Nasimi translated everything and they made me feel at ease. Once my new hairline was marked , I was taken to have my hair trimmed and made ready for surgery injections were applied. Then my surgery commenced. I have to admit it was a bit sore at times, however when I told them they gave me extra analgesics. it was then comfortable. After my surgery, they bandaged my head and I was taken back to my hotel with advice given. The next day I went back to see the team and they cleaned my hair and provided me with loads of information a hat and products to look after my new hair. Once back in England stuart contacted me and also gave me the same advice. Personally it’s only been a few days, and it all looks great and I feel confident. Overall I have found gethair very professional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone."
"From post-op to the end of my hair transplant the customer service was outstanding. Every question I had was always answered since my first consultation which made me feel confident with ongoing with the procedure. Building up to the actual procedure date their was constant communication to put my mind at ease with anything I was worrying about. They were very clear with instructions on arrival and what would happen once I got there. Once I got there all the staff looked after me so well I felt really comfortable they were very reassuring and the driver and coordinator would always take me back to the hotel making sure I would arrive safe due to the surgery. Overall an outstanding experience and I would definitely recommend gethair to friends and family."
"I have been thinking about Hair transplant for two years now, and I have done a lot of research on the subject. I live in San Diego, USA, I have been to a few consultations here, but the cost was tooo inhibiting, after looking at many options, I decided going to Istanbul, Turkey. I learned That Doctor “T”at grthair clinic Is an expert in the field of Hair transplant, he has done thousands and instructed thousands in how to do the procedure., That made me very comfortable, so I sent out an email. On the second day I received a response from Kaan, he was my point man from that moment on, very sharp, professional and responsive. I have decided since I was traveling from the US to Istanbul to make a vacation and take 10 days off work. After several communications with Kaan, I made an appointment to have the procedure done, I have been in Istanbul a few days prior to the procedure, Love the country I received several emails from the stalf at the Climic in order to get me ready for the procedure. The day of the procedure, two people from get Hair clinic showed up and drove me from the Hotel to the Hospital, I had a consultation with the Doctor, he wanted to hear my expectations and opinion. Then started the procedure, since I have seen hundreds of these procedures online, it was much smoother and easier then expected. The technitons were professional, they communicated well, and kept me comfortable, I personally didn’t have any pain and didn’t need pain medication after. Sleeping upwards for three days is not the most comfrrrable, but hay what would you do if I told you your going to have your hair for the rest of your life?? Most of us will do anything of course. Bottom line, wonderful people from the begging to the end of the procedure, and they follow up with you with calls. Your in good hands with get Hair"
"Obviously going to different country to do a procedure is not an easy decision . Obviously I researched looking at reviews looking at different clinics But obviously its quite confusing and daunting task . I decided to go with Get Hair after speaking with Stuart in the UK office . He was very professional with his advice and prompt reply to my questions. I also felt assuranced that there was the London office to deal with any problems that may arise. When I arrived in Istanbul and met Melham the coordinator and Dr Ilker I knew that I was in safe hands . Also Dr Ilkers technicians where also amazing . Procedure went smoothly though there is some pain Initially until the anaesthetic kicks in . Everything is provided as to instructions to after-care and transfers from the clinic to the hotel to the airport . The first three days post operation are difficult . By the seventh day everything settles down and you can start to see results. Definitely recommend Get Hair to anyone who is looking at a hair transplant"
"I chose Get Hair after not reading not one bad review . I was then contacted by Stuart which at first I thought he was too good to be true as every step of the way he has emailed, text and phoned me :-) . He is still in contact with me 1 week after the hair transplant so it’s obviously not just about the money . Hotel they use in Turkey is first class , the included food is not the best as a lot of local food but I ordered both days in the evening off the menu !! Wow amazing and promptly brought your your room as I felt after having surgery I not want to mingle in the restaurant. You are collected from the hotel which when arriving at there hospital is at first worrying because the girls there immediately start getting you ready for when the Doctor arrives . Must say as soon as the doctor arrived all my nerves went as you can tell by just talking to him he is in control immediately puts you st ease . Because I had most of the top of my head done it was quite a long procedure but all done in the day but it did not seem long because your not hanging about there working on your flat out all day . Even though the girls were local and could not understand me we very quickly connected and had a laugh most of the day which was nice . If I ever need to then I’m definitely going back . The results in a week are incredible and I’m so pleased , Only thing I would def recommend is if your having a lot of hair transplanted then may be ask can you stay there a third night as the transplants heal very fast and an extra day I think I would have felt better before coming back home . Overall I’m very very pleased Steven"
"My overall experience with gethair was great. I had some doubts about going for a surgery abroad but Stuart in the UK office is very informative and professional and always answering any of your queries immediately. The hotel was very nice 5* with room service. Room service was very good and the food was nice. The procedure itself takes quite long around 6 hours but the team made me feel very relaxed. Even though not all of the nurses speak english, they still make you feel very comfortable. The procedure was practically painless. I am 2.5 weeks post op so still a long way to go but excited to see the results. I would definitely recommend gethair for anyone who is looking to get a hair transplant."
"Great company very professional customer service is great"
"Felt very comfortable and at ease from the moment I arrived at the airport to Dr T and his team working their magic. Just patiently awaiting for my aesthetical end results now, but so far so good!"
"Stuart in the UK replies to questions immediately. The group in Turkey was excellent. 5 Star Hotel with pick up and drop off everytime. DrT has every credential imaginable. Excellent follow up instructions and care. 5 Stars all the way. Thank You Get Hair"
"First class service from the moment I was picked up from the airport cannot recommend get hair enough it’s been 2 weeks since my procedure and everything is going fine I’m looking forward to seeing the end result!"
"Perfect customer service quick to reply answered all questions quickly and gave me all information i asked for"
"My experience with gethair was great. I had doubts about going abroad to do a sugary, but with gethair I was able to speak to someone in UK based office. I spoke to Stuart, who was able to answer all my questions and put my fears to rest. The process from start to finish was was great. I would definitely recommend gethair to anyone who is thinking about hair transplant."
"I was very apprehensive about traveling abroad for surgery. The main driving factor was price but I was still dubious about doing it. Having gone through it I would recommend it to anyone. The whole process was so simple and GetHair really take care of everything. When I arrived at the Limak Eurasa Hotel I couldn’t believe how nice it was and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I could see the Medistate hospital where the surgery is performed from my room window it is that close! Yet the driver still collects you from the hotel lobby and leaves you back after surgery. The hospital is very clean and modern and they have a English speaking patient liaison that explaines everything that is going to happen. The surgeon Dr Tayfun draws on your new hairline and the before pictures are taken then a nurse shaves your head and brings you into the operating room so the procedure can begin. I have a slight phobia of needles so I was very nervous at this stage but the team where very professional and took blood for the PRP and inserted the drip with minimal discomfort. The anaesthetic injections are quite painful but anyone that is suffering from hair loss will agree that it’s worth it! The good thing is that it doesn’t take long and when when your scalp is numb there is no pain during the actual transplant. I would like to make people aware that although you can’t feel it you can hear the incisions being made and it can be a bit uncomfortable! But again totally worth it. I was very pleased that the surgery only took 5 hours when I had prepared myself mental for an 8 hour session. Once it was done and the donor area bandages up I was given some food, and a painkiller. And after I ate I was given aftercare advice and medication for the night ahead and told to come back in the morning for the full rundown of aftercare and first wash. I spent the rest of the day/night in the hotel room and ordered room service (several times). The next morning the driver collected me from the hotel and took me to the hospital to get the first wash, medication for the first week and a very detailed aftercare talk. They also give you a bag with lotion, shampoo, a headband and hat. I don’t know what kind of hat I was expecting but it’s a black bucket hat with DrThairtransplant embroidered on it. After years of wanting to get this done I wasn’t going to ruin it by wearing a SnapBack right away so I just embraced the fresh surgery look for the first two weeks! I am now 9 weeks post surgery and so far my progress as been pretty much to the book that they gave me. Weeks 10-12 are supposed to be when the transplanted hairs start to regrow so I’m looking forward to the next few weeks. I have already noticed greater density in my transplanted area and I am so happy with how my new hairline is coming along. I will update this (along with before and after pictures) when I get my full results."
"A fantastic experience from start to finish. The team in the UK (Stuart) and Turkey are fantastic and very professional. The 2 nights in Turkey were hassle free with a lovely hotel and all transfers taken care of. All questions I had prior to the surgery we answered immediately and now having had the surgery I am excited for the results. I cannot recommend Get Hair enough."
"Having undertaken research into the hair transplant industry it immediately struck me as being diverse and varied in terms of the quality one could expect of the end product this made it even more important to make the correct choice of supplier. From looking at the various websites one compnay (Get Hair) was continuously mentioned as being highly recommended. Given this I opted for them and I haven't been left dissapointed by my decision in anyway. I've been left in no doubt every step of the way and felt reassured by the methodology throughout. I'm now post ok and everything is looking ample to once again having a full head of hair."
"Everything since my arrival to Istanbul was perfect. The driver, hotel and the hospital were outstanding. During the procedure and after the staff was really helpful and caring, which was essential for me as I travelled on my own."
"Excellent, smooth service throughout from pickup to hotel to clinic staff. Galina and Nasimi were great as were all the rest of the staff. There is always a bit of worry and trepidation going to an unknown country for a medical procedure but everyone was so nice and put me at ease. The pre and post procedure support in the UK was excellent; Stuart stayed in touch and all queries were were answered swiftly."
"Great service from start to finish. Communication throughout all stages was very helpful. Completly looked after in Turkey and no hiccups. An extremely professional personalised set up. Would recommend to friends and family."
"The whole interaction with GetHair was professional and, importantly, at my pace. Never once did I feel pressured into making a decision. I can't imagine that can be said very often! Also having a UK-based office to deal with helped to feel a level of comfort that I doubt I would have had if dealing with the clinic directly in Turkey. Overwhelmingly, however, I got comfort from the sheer volume of positive reviews which are clearly genuine reviews. I can report that I had an experience in line with the many other positive reviews left here. My story would be the same as most others, a positive story. In brief, the driver met me at the airport and I was taken to the hotel - 2hrs due to the horrendous Istanbul traffic. Hotel was much nicer than I anticipated; seriously nice but strangely quiet. At dinner of the other 4/5 tables in use, 2 had transplant patients, so when the following day arrives and you are also bandaged up it is nothing the hotel staff don't see everyday, I found that comforting. I am 2wks post-surgery and, having followed the post-operative care diligently I think I am in good shape. I would urge 2wks away from work post-surgery. The first few days are a little uncomfortable as your body gets over the anesthetic and the sleeping sitting up isn't easy, that soon passes however. Then there is scabbing on from days 8-12 which isn't the prettiest. If you are lucky enough to be able to take off longer then good for you, but that would not be necessary for physical comfort purposes. Top Tip - As you are encouraged to keep your head out of the rain and direct sunlight for a period of time post-surgery, I would encourage you to buy a loose fitting hat (one that won't directly contact your recipient area) for use once you get home. Dr T does provide one that is handy in the first instance, but it is also branded (light blue text on a black hat) so you may want something more subtle for when you first venture outdoors. If FUE is something you are interested in then I would recommend Dr Tayfun for the reasons outlined above and in other reviews regardless of the price, pleasingly as cheaper than similar surgeries in the UK it is also better value. Good luck."
GetHair is rated 4.93 based on 174 reviews