GetHair Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend GetHair

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.0410 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

Tell us how GetHair made you happy

2 - 3 Hours
Joseph
"5**** above and beyond my expectations. Went for 2800 grafts and am on day 9 post surgery. I went with Get Hair off the back of my mates experience in 2018, they did an amazing job. Hotel would easily be a 5* in the U.K. with very cheap room service. 3 course meals delivered to your room for less than £10. Hospitals are more modern than NHS hospitals and also much cleaner. There’s a big tv at the end of your hospital bed you can watch YouTube on while having treatment because you'll be in there between 4-6 hours. Everything was like clockwork and although Get Hair aren’t cheapest you can definitely see they’re a levels above in service and aftercare. You will not get this service in the U.K. for less than 15-20000. You can also take a friend or your partner."
"When looking for a hair transplant the choice is great, Turkey comes up on all Google searches as the hub of hair transplant clinics at a cost effective price compared to Europe and the world. I contacted an agency initially for them to recommend a good clinic in Turkey or the uk, I received a few replies from various clinics and they were keen to do business. I received a on line consultation and various prices. I was recommended by someone I knew that had been to Gethair in Turkey and him being a hairdresser had done extensive research he was delighted with their service. I contacted them and received a polite reply and consultation and subsequent quote. They do not chase for business and was not the cheapest but having done my own research I could not find a negative thing about Dr Ilker or the clinic. So if your thinking about it this company is one to be trusted. After booking my surgery date, flights booked I did not have time to change my mind so off I went to Istanbul in search of a new hair style. Collection at the airport was smooth and was delivered to my 4 star hotel. On the morning of surgery I was collected by my coordinator, the hospital was a short walk away. Here I was greeted by the nurses and Dr Ilker who took a detailed look and decided where the new hairline was to be made. He performed my FUT +FUE surgery and prepared the implant area, the whole procedure took around 7 hrs and was completed with short breaks. The only painful part was that of the local anesthetiser after which nothing was felt. The team were very diligent and made me feel at ease. You will experience some swelling 2/3 days post surgery however this soon dispersed. Medications are given to help you post surgery. A truly professional company keeping you advised of the full procedure with dedicated polite staff, a very smooth operation, Dr Ilker has lots of experience and once in his care there was no need for any anxiety, many thanks all the team at GetHair"
"The whole experience was very good from start to finish, all the information is clearly laid out and all the staff throughout were brilliant. You get most of the information you need to know like told the day/ night before. Me personally would have liked everything laid out in one big iternary of times and places but, tbh it was still very well organised. The only thing you need to be aware of before you go, is that it is advisable to find out for your particular hair the type and quantity of your donor area before you go so your not supprised with what they are able to offer you in terms of coverage on your transplantable area. They will endeavour to meet your expectations, but there’s only so much they can achieve with what you have available. The only painful part is the injections, which there are quite a few at the start to numb you before they perform the surgery. You will be put on a drip and they will constantly monitor your blood pressure, there level of care and attention is excellent and they will endeavour to make sure you are comfortable and relaxed throughout the surgery. Results are looking very promising and to be honest I am amazed by the whole experience, this has definitely helped me and is 100% worth doing if you are in a position where you are able to do it. The photo attached is of my front line 2 weeks after op, with my 🐶 🙂"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Did a lot of research before finally choosing GetHair and wasn't disappointed. It wasn't just the results (which were so good after 1 session I returned for a second session to finish the job, see photos) but the end to end care that was provided from arrival in Istanbul to departure. Everyone from the collection drivers to the clinic staff were very diligent and took care of all needs and concerns, the hotel facilities were great too. I have no hesitation in recommending GetHair and Dr Tayfun."
"I arrived in Turkey to be picked up as arranged, I was then dropped off at the hotel which was very nice and a real group of friendly people made me feel welcome. The next day I was met in reception as arranged and taken to the Hospital. The Hospital staff were really friendly and put all my nerves at ease. After the transplant I was looked after very well and advised on how to sleep ect ,The next day I had the after care meeting which was superb and all of my questions were cleared up. I am now 3 weeks post op and seems well, and I like to thank all of the staff at GetHair for making the process a nice experience."
"I was very excited and nervous to get my hair transplant surgery in Turkey. I live in Canada. The airport service, hotel and hospital team was all very high quality and professional. Definitely recommend!"
"Everyone i dealt with made the process very simple and answered all of the questions i had promptly before and after the surgery."
"Normally I can’t be bothered to leave reviews - good or bad. However I felt that GetHair and Dr Ikler’s team does deserve a 5 star review from me. After learning about hair transplant on a TV advertisement in Canada, I decided to get one. I picked GetHair mainly due to the very good reviews by their clients. After I sent an enquiry to the website I got prompt response requesting photos etc. Then I got a quote and detailed information on what to expect if I wanted to go ahead with this. Fast-forward to an early Sunday morning, 12.05am when I arrived at the new Istanbul airport. Transfer to the hotel went effortlessly. Check in at 1am went well. Spent the rest of Sunday exploring Istanbul. Was also communicated about the arrangement for the next day with instructions! The big day – had big breakfast at the hotel where I saw many guys who just had their transplant done eating breakfast. A team member met me then led me to the hospital which was just around the corner from the hotel, how so convenient! Was led to a private suite where I met the transplant team including Dr Ikler. Procedure started and it was only uncomfortable once the local anaesthetics wear out so had to ask for more when it started to become uncomfortable and the team did keep injecting. Whole procedure took a full day. Great way to catch up on jetlag! At the end a team member gave instructions on post care with a bag of medications and lotions. I got a cool hat to protect my scalp. Stayed for couple of more days before checking out and escorted to the airport. Upon arrival in the check in area I noticed so many guys with gauzes or headbands on their head. No one bat their eyelids. It was somehow comical to see. I am thankful I got a hat. The only regrets I had were that I didn’t make plans to stay longer after my procedure as Istanbul is a beautiful city oh with so fresh and delicious cuisine! Cannot get enough of their food! My very long haul flights went uneventful but was glad I decided to buy the neck cushion as it helps keep my head off the seat headrest to minimise pain and any contact. Again glad I got the hat otherwise I would have gotten lots of stares and it helped avoid my head from getting any unwanted bugs left on the seat or airborne bugs. I honestly was so impressed with the whole thing, how very organised and smooth this trip was from the start to the finish. If needed I will definitely be back again but with a long extended holidays. From a person who travelled a lot for work, this hotel is in an excellent location, a stone throw to the hospital, very close to many restaurants and cafes. Also close to supermarkets and metro station. Nothing to fault really. So impressed!"
"It’s been 5 month since I got my hair transplant with get hair, the result already are amazing!! The staff are amazing made me feel welcome and speak good English. stuart the pa answered every questions I asked very helpful, get hair has changed my life completely and my hairline! Thanks to dr tayfun and team. If anyone is thinking of getting a hair transplant in Turkey get hair is the place to go 100 percent!"
(London) - Posted 1 month ago
"The service is excellent from start to finish. They give you a clear indication as to what is happening every step of the way. Could improve on aftercare in terms of mixed messages from different people but on the whole, positive"
"I had a great experience with get hair, I didn’t find them pushy or unprofessional! The level of work they carried out and skill was impeccable and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. I’d like to thank everyone from the ground up they all played a key part, from Stuart back home arranging everything from the meeting in London with the surgeon Dr Iker to all the team in Istanbul who carried out the procedure. The hotel was literally 200yards from the hospital which was great, as after the hair transplant all I wanted to do was sleep so that wasn’t a long journey. Transfers to and from airport were seamless and on time, I was picked up to walk to the hospital for the op on time and walked back Thankyou for everything."
"I wish, I had the hair transplant producer earlier. I was scared of pain and needles . But honestly nothing to worry about. Yes there is pain but nothing that I feared of. Having my hair transplant with Get hair was excellent choose. From getting picked up at the airport to getting dropped off was smooth with no problem. The hotel was great. Meeting all the staff who were all very welcoming ,professional and experienced. Dr Tayfun was a great and was very easy to talk to. I wanted to get the right hairline, my advices is that make sure you talk about your expectations to avoid any disappointments. Dr Tayfun took time to explain me where my hair line should be. He was honest and his advice was spot on. The surgery itself was no pain apart from few sharp injections in the back of my head. The whole place was very clean. I was very happy with the whole process and Stuart has been very professional and helping . I really can’t wait for the end result. I wish I done it sooner."
"I've been wanting to get my hair transplant for a number of years now. I keep putting it off, worried about the operation and finding the right hospital. I spend countless hours online, YouTube and other media looking for reviews and results. I came across gethair, boy I'm glad I found this great company. Everything was taking care of from first contact. I arrived two weeks after sending my first email about having my transplant. The drivers and hospital staff are all great, you will be looked after and taking care of, the care is second to none. The day of the surgery I was taking back to the hotel, which is very nice. I'd forgot to take a travel plug with me. The driver kindly went and got me two and brought them to my room. I would recommend gethair ten fold to anyone that asks. I'm currently in my 2nd week of recovery and everything is going smoothly. I've get a hairline, which I'm really happy about. It's just a waiting game now but I'm sure the results will be great."
"Overall great experience at Get Hair. I actually got hair. 4200 grafts 8800 hairs the doctors and nurses did an amazing job. I saw patients from other clinics at my hotel and at airport. None of them had a fraction of the grafts I got. A friend of mine in the US had 2 surgeries and didn't get near that amount in both surgeries combined and paid about 8 times the price. Ms Zeynep talked me through everything. English speakers will not have a problem they have translators every step of the way. The doctor spoke perfect English too. I went to the hospital the morning of the surgery which was steps away from the hotel. The doctor explained everything that was going to happen and marked on my head where they would place the hair. They numbed my head with the local. After that point the procedure was painless. Even the recovery was painless. Mostly the only thing I dealt with for the week following was a lot if swelling. Most went away in the first 5 days. I am a little over a week post op and feeling great. I did have FUT and FUE combined to I will have staples out in a week. I saw my doctor in the US and he said the incision I had in the back was very well done and I should have almost no scar. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner I discovered Get Hair about a year ago had I known how easy this was I would have done it sooner."
"Great service from start to finish, knowledgable staff, extremely helpful and always available for advice, highly recommended"
"First of all I want to thank Zak for always be ready to answer my questions and quick to send replay. Dr.Tayfun and his team are very skilled and professional. The operation went well and was done before I knew so now it is just to wait and see the new hair grow :-) I give Gethair and Dr.Tayfun my best recommendation."
"Great experience overall. The staff was very professional and friendly. Dr. Ilker did an excellent job. The hotel was 2 minutes away from the hospital and right in the center of Istanbul. The entire procedure took about 7 hours but it went out very smooth. The next day I traveled the to the old city to see some of the old buildings and religious structures. I am very happy with my decision to fly to Turkey and to choose Dr. Ilker."
"Had my hair transplant over 2 years ago and I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the results. One side of front grew in while the other is very thin. Also the middle is very thin. I got over 4000 grafts and was a waste of money and time. I have friends who have used other hair transplant companies in Turkey with less grafts and there hair looks amazing. They do a minimum of 3 plus hair transplants a day like a factory so they are more concerned about money then anything else. I need to go back to Turkey and I will definitely be using another company. The staff and doctor are very nice people but I came here for great results which sadly I did not receive."
Dear M.B,

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to correct some information given by you, below;

You had your procedure 2,5 years ago and have received 3200 Grafts.
We did not touch the middle part as you didn't need a touch up on that part by then.
Therefore, we believe you lost more on your native hairs since you visited us.
As we haven't heard from you since the last 15 months, we did not know you are not satisfied.

We always stand behind our results and offer free touch up sessions.

And we only accept a maximum of 2 patients a day. We understand that sometimes it is hard to distinguish the patients who come for their first hair wash and the aftercare session VS. the ones who come for their procedure.

Kind regards,
"I'll be massively honest with this review, I had my hair transplant with GetHair in October 2018. They smashed it. I'm so happy with the results. Yes there is actually 1 small patch (2%) at the front of my head where it seems the hair hasn't grown through properly, but the rest of it (98%) is better than I could have imagined. I did a whole lot of research and got quotes from about 10 different places to arrive at GetHair and Dr.Ilker in Turkey. The whole experience was LIFE CHANGING. I've never felt better. Walking through the wind, rain, swimming... all of those simple things that I hated doing, wearing hats everywhere because of my wispy hair, I can now do with no insecurities. Writing this with a smile on my face. I've just had my haircut and never thought it would be this good. Also, I went with my best pal to get the hair transplant and his is looking top too! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 to the team! Buzzing! If you're reading this questioning whether you should do it/ afford it or thinking about another clinic - just do it, take out a loan/ credit card (if you can afford it) and just do it, you wont regret it! Best money I've ever spent. And I've still got 2 months of growth to come apparently which is highly exciting. P.s. take your sups - I have biotin shampoo, Alpecin shampoo, biotin tablets and Regaine. Thanks a bunch Dr.Ilker and team 👏👏 what an age we live in!"
"My entire experience with GetHair was easy and clear from the start. Kaan the patient coordinator is very helpful and informative throughout and the regular email contact is reassuring. The transport arrangements are first class, comfortable and easy. I must say the hotel accommodation is of a decent standard with clean rooms and welcoming staff. The in house restaurant provided an excellent evening meal and plenty at breakfast time. Upon arrival you are met by the first member of the clinic staff and given your itinerary and the time to be ready the following morning. At the medical facility nearby the clinic itself is modern and professional and all the staff and surgeon I met were wonderful. They keep you aware at all times of what is happening and it was a very calm and comfortable experience throughout. As far as discomfort goes I’m glad for the med’s provided and I confess I drifted off during the procedure .. I was that relaxed...! I have no hesitation in recommending GetHair to the reader, and have already convinced a close friend to follow my footsteps soon xxx Thankyou soo much for your expertise and for helping me to be happy xxx"
"Really great experience. Communication was superb. Looked after by everybody really well and support after care has been excellent so far too. Still waiting for results to come through as it’s been 2 weeks since the op but overall really happy so far."
"I'm from the UK and was skeptical about travelling abroad for a hair transplant. After several consultations at home and with companies from Turkey, it was clear there is much more value for money in Turkey, and that it was very common for people to travel for the procedure. I then began researching companies and Dr Tayfun's clinic came out on top. After paying my deposit, a representative was in constant e-mail contact with the next steps and what to expect. I felt confident that I would be looked after once I landed in Istanbul. And that's exactly what happened. The driver was waiting for me at an agreed spot in Arrivals. It was explained to me what would happen next, and I was taken to my hotel to get a good night's sleep ahead of the procedure. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff were friendly and breakfast was included. The next morning the same driver greeted me at the agreed time in reception. He took me to the clinic which was a 5 minute drive (maximum) and we began the consultation and procedure. At all times the English-speaking staff explained exactly what was happening and what would happen next. At every juncture they asked if I had an questions and I felt in safe hands throughout. I agreed the areas for the transplant with Dr Tayfun and then had my head shaved. Next I was given local anaesthetic, which I'd describe as a 6/10 for pain. A little sharp at times but no worse than getting a tattoo. And that was the worst bit of the procedure - for the rest of it I even drifted off to sleep! Throughout the procedure my heart rate and blood pressure was monitored and everyone made sure I was comfortable and relaxed. I was given some food and then taken back to my hotel where I got a good night's sleep. The hotel staff were well prepared for Dr Tayfun's patients as I even had a special pad on my pillow to collect any mild bleeding in the night. After another breakfast I was collected to return to the clinic so Dr Tayfun could check how my head was looking. He was happy with the results so his staff explained all the after-care and loaded me up with shampoos, lotions and antibiotics to carry on my recovery at home. I was driven back to the airport and two weeks later my healing has gone exactly by the book with no problems at all. It will be a few months before I see the results but as long as I get the results that others have shared, I can highly recommend Dr Tafun and his staff. Should I need further treatment I will definitely be returning to his clinic."
GetHair is rated 4.88 based on 349 reviews