GetHair Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read GetHair Reviews

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.0410 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

Tell us how GetHair made you happy
GetHair 5 star review on 16th March 2020
Peter
GetHair 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
Joe
GetHair 5 star review on 19th January 2020
William
More Photos & Videos
Did a lot of research before finally choosing GetHair and wasn't disappointed. It wasn't just the results (which were so good after 1 session I returned for a second session to finish the job, see photos) but the end to end care that was provided from arrival in Istanbul to departure. Everyone from the collection drivers to the clinic staff were very diligent and took care of all needs and concerns, the hotel facilities were great too. I have no hesitation in recommending GetHair and Dr Tayfun.
GetHair 5 star review on 12th May 2019
I have waited a year to post this review although I was asked to leave a review after the HT but I have held off as I did have some concerns at the time. I did however record details of my experience just after my HT so it was accurate and fresh in my mind. I was hoping and praying it was going to be a positive review but deep down I knew the results were not going to be positive. This is an honest review from the events that took place leading up to and on the 20th June 2019. It is very surprising to me how there are so many reviews from customers just after having their hair procedure, as at this point reviewers have no idea how their hair transplant is going to turn out. Yes it is important to know about the hotel / communication / hospital etc but it is insignificant to the actual results of the hair transplant.

First things first
Hotel - Excellent
Transport - Excellent
Clinic - Excellent
Communication - Questionable,

On arriving at the clinic without seeing a doctor I was asked to sign a document what I thought was a standard operation waiver document. One section though stated I would require TWO operations. The first would target my front area with some being put in my crown area but I would need to return to have my crown filled. This is contradictory to what I was told and paid for. Below are statements CUT & PASTED from the doctors report which CLEARLY states I would receive 3000 grafts which would cover & fill both my front & crown

Mr. Burgin is an ideal candidate for the FUE hair transplant operation. His donor region is good enough to cover the existing bald and thinning patches at the front and small crown thinning in one session with 3,000 Grafts.

Crown Area:
Lastly, we will do implantation on the sparse small crown region and achieve full coverage in one session with an average density of 25 to 30 Grafts. This density will match his current hairstyle and look natural.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR at this point the doctor HAD NOT seen me or re evaluated my hair. I basically felt hijacked and backed into a corner but at this point felt there was nothing I could do so reluctantly I signed but it wasnt a good start to the day.

I was also told prior to the operation by Stuart the operation would take 5-6 hours. My operation took just short of 3 hours 25 minutes. On arriving at the clinic I was told AGAIN the operation would take 5 to 6 hrs. Now over the last 4 months I have joined various Facebook groups and spoke to 100s of people, I have posted questions re operation times etc and no one has come close to my operation time. All operations for 3000 grafts take between 5 and 8 hours with the majority taking between 6 and 8 hours. I have been told numerous times it is impossible and I have not had 3000 grafts. I was hoping to come across other members who's operations were similar in length to put my mind at ease, unfortunatley as stated I have come across NO ONE.

I spoke to Staurt about this and his response was:

1/ Three and half hours is a regular operation at Get Hair and is not unusual

2/ Get Hairs technicians are better than all the other HT companies and are much faster as they are more experienced. I found this explanation quite insulting, do they really think people believe this.

I had only 85 minutes of implanting with 2 / 3 technicians implanting ie 2 for 85 mins and 1 for about 45 mins

3000 grafts

2 Techs implanting 85 mins

1 Tech implanting 45 mins

1 graft every 4.3 seconds

Of course this is working flat out NO STOPS. The implanting process involves many stops to clean and wash blood away. It also doesnt account for the many stops (approx 5) which involved the staff breaking into hysterical fits of laughter. Ive no idea what they were laughing about as they were obviously speaking in another language but it was very off putting and not the sought of thing you would expect when people are operating on your head. Especially when Stuart informs me these technicians are supposed to be the most experienced and professional in the industry. Anyway I digress, the point I am making is breaks in the 90 minutes by technicians obviously means they will have to be even faster than the times above.

If Get Hair are that quick at implanting why are they :

a/ not informing people of this in the selling process, surely it is a unique selling point if their technicians are twice as quick as any other company, less time on the operating table.

b/ if operations often take 3 hours 30 mins why are Get hair telling customers operations take 5-6 hours. Shouldnt they be informing customers operations can take between 3 & 6 hours ? it just doesnt make sense. The only explanation is I havnt had 3000 grafts.

This doesnt take into account that Doctor also had to extract 3000 grafts in 60 minutes which is what it took.

3000 grafts in 60 minutes - 1 graft every 1.2 seconds

I also have not come across anyone on the Facebook forums who only had 1 hour for harvesting 3000 grafts

On completing the operation I was surprised the Doctor did not look at my head. He didnt see me until the next day, to which he looked at my head and said "Yes very good" Now I have wondered what would he have done if anything was wrong or not to standard as I was leaving to catch a plane home straight after. Surely the time to look at my head is during or directly after the implanting as of course this section of the procedure wasnt done by the doctor but technicians.

I paid £3000 - double / triple what most people in the airport had paid although I see prices are now rising. I urge anyone thinking of a HT join one of the Facebook groups, they are a wealth of information. People pre op and post op 1/2/3/6 month etc sharing pictures / information about their HT and reviewing HT companies. From my experience they are an excellent starting point for gathering information.

I was really hoping and WANTING to post a fantastic review, I never thought I would be in this situation having paid so much money for Turkey. Yes I have more hair now but the density is very poor and also a little patchy. I am already booked in with another HT company in September 2020 and the most damning thing I can say is it wont be with Get Hair. That should tell you everything. You basically put a lot of trust in these companies and if you cannot trust what they are saying or doing you really are rolling the dice and gambling. For me Get Hair was not a good experience, and it sickens me that I have gone through all of this and my HT is not going to be as good as it should have been down to the clinic skimping on grafts. I dont know if this is a regular thing or whether it was a bad day. I have an email from Get Hair stating operations for 3000 grafts taking 3 and half hours is not uncommon. There is also another review from a chap called Bryan who says word for word what I have expressed above. Very disappointing if poor results are down to skimping of grafts on certain days if you are paying over the odds in the first place. You only get one or 2 good attempts at this depending on how good your donor area is. I chose Get Hair because of their reviews, the credentials of the doctor and the price, as Get Hair position themselves at the upper end of the market. I wanted the BEST opportunity of achieving the BEST results, that is what I was paying for and that is what I expected otherwise I could have just paid £1000 and took my chances with one of the hair mills. I didnt want it rushed and felt confident with the money I was paying this wouldnt be an issue. Obviously it was. Get Hairs mixed messages have only infuriated me more. Below is part of an email CUT & PASTED of their explanation of the duration of the operation even though I was told it would last 5-6 hours on several occasions

Email from Get Hair 27th June 2019 part of it CUT & PASTED
"When we spoke on the phone recently I did explain to you that 3.5 hours is not unusual for a procedure of your size with our team, I also went through the differences between ourselves and a technician clinic, I can only repeat this to you but I feel that you do not believe me which is upsetting."

This is the explanation I had to accept for the last 12 months and that Get Hairs technicians were more experienced and faster than their competitors.

After posting my review I was contacted by someone who was considering Get Hair and had read my review. He sent me an email of Get Hairs explanation to my review which is cut and pasted below

Explanation to a enquiry relating to my Review
"I have also asked our team to send me his file and I read that the procedure took over 5 hours actually, not as he claimed. I am suspecting that he got confused with the time zone difference, as Istanbul and London have two hours difference. This kind of a mix up has happened in the past, and every now and then repeats."

My issue here is apart from insulting my intelligence, surely when I complained 12 months ago if this was the case shouldnt Stuart have requested the file from the hospital straight away, without hesitation as a first course of action, after all I was an unhappy customer. But I was never told this, only 3 and hours isnt unusual and our techs are super fast.

In reference to not supplying photos I stopped supplying photos from month 3 simply because i had lost faith and trust in what I was being told. I have no intention of speaking to them ever again even if they were to offer me a FREE OPERATION I still wouldnt be interested. My last possible transplant will be risked with another company. So why would I waste any more of my time sending photos getting into a further discussion. I have lost trust, and when that trust is gone there is no point continuing the discussion. I would rather post a review for other people to make up their own minds.
Dear Paul Burgin,

Despite all our efforts, you have refused to send the post-op pictures of your hair. Without receiving these recent pictures, we cannot evaluate your post-op results.
We appreciate you sharing your experience with others, but as you are refusing to prove your claim, the genuinity of your review cannot be trusted.
Your patient file states that your procedure took longer than what you have written.
The time starts when we start preparing your for it, not when we do the first extraction.
We are happy to share pictures and prove that we have extracted 3000 Grafts from you, as promised, to any reader upon request.

Kind regards,
I had received quotes from two local companies and was very close to booking with one of them. I decided to get a quote from GetHair and I am very glad I did. They not only offered the best value, but more importantly had my best interest in mind. I had my procedure done on 8-May-20. Kaan with GetHair has been excellent! Prompt & thorough answers to my questions. Very personable to work with and I would recommend to friends and family with confidence.
Firstly, I had my transplant 13 months ago. I purposely delayed the writing of this review so that I can comment on the end result and not just the service.

Like many men who are contemplating a hair transplant, it really is a huge decision. I researched companies here in the UK as well as companies abroad. We visited Turkey the year before and there were so many men walking around post-transplant. I researched for 2 months before I made the decision with Get Hair. The local office with Stuart's non-pushy approach is what made me commit. I know they are not the cheapest in Turkey. However, this is not what you pay for. I will explain later.

At the enquiry stage, Stuart would always come back to me in a timely manner and no question was a silly question. I do have a thick head of hair, but was receding at the front. Initially I was asked why I would want a transplant at this stage. For me, it was to maintain discretion through personal choice. I wanted to resolve the issue before it became a bigger one. Taking Finasteride was already improving the rate of growth. The surgery was booked to accommodate my annual leave.

When I got there, it was easy to find my chaperone who would take me to the hotel via signage (the instructions and telephone numbers were sent to me via email in advance). I was driven to the hotel in a luxury vehicle. It is a district where there are a number of hospitals. The hotel is not just used for GH patients. This is where it became apparent “you get what you pay for”. Some of the guests would tell me how quick the process was for them. They did not have a doctor present and the pain they went through. A group of four friends had their surgery in and out at the same time as just my own. One of the individuals was from France and we have compared results via email. He is not happy! His transplant is very ‘brush like’. Mine looks very natural and blends in really well.

The day of the surgery, Zeynap took me to the hospital and helped with the preparation. The hospital is clean and very private. I must admit I was a little nervous. However, Dr Ilker is awesome. He put me at ease and we both collectively discussed what hairline would suit my face. I have curly hair. The uncomfortable part of the process is the injections. Once that is over, it is the ‘pain’ of lying still. I was then taken back to the hospital with medication and instructions on after care.

I healed very well and was back at work after a week. I didn’t have the top of my head shaved fully and was able to blend in with the back and sides. The donor site was covered with my hair. To date no one has quite figured out what has changed. People just comment how young I look and that my new hairdo looks better (I changed my style). My biggest piece of advice, be patient – very patient! The hair growth process is painfully slow! However, the end result is worth waiting for. I am so happy with the result. It has enhanced my confidence and I like taking pictures of myself again. Sounds so narcissistic! (However, I am sure you know what I mean).

In summary, go for it! A great company, great service and now I am so pleased with my result. All the best!
The entire team at gethair deserve to be applauded for their outstanding efforts.

My hair started thinning way back in my early 20’s. Losing my long surfy hair to a receding hairline wasn’t fun. I lost my confidence, direction and identity. Everyday I’d look in the mirror and wish a miracle would cause it to grow back.

Fast forward 15 years. What little hair I had left at the front of my head looked stupid. It aged me. It was depressing. Then one day I came across a gethair advert showing me their remarkable results. I was beyond curious. I had to find out more. Without hesitation I entered my details and before I knew it I was uploading my photos for a free consultation.

From there I spent hours and days researching other companies and I can honestly say no one even came close to the level of professionalism gethair offered. I was hooked and booked.

The booking process is easy. I booked my flights and that was it, I was on my way to Istanbul. A driver met my wife and I at the airport. He drove us to our hotel and the next day I had my procedure with Dr Tayfun.

The team were outstanding and did a tremendous job. Despite what you may have heard, it doesn’t hurt.

It’s been over two years since surgery and I can happily tell you my surfy hair is back! It’s grown so well I’ve even grown it into ponytail. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think this could happen yet it has because I made a decision to listen to my gut instinct. Thankfully I did.

I’m a very pleased client. It’s given me my confidence again. I look and feel about 10 years younger. You can’t put a price on confidence.

For those looking at getting it done but sitting on the fence, don’t hesitate, just jump on a call and have a chat to a member of the team. Everyone is great and they’ll allay your fears in seconds.

Great job team. A very satisfied client.
It has now been 1 year since my hair transplant in Istanbul with GetHair.

I just wanted to leave a quick review to say how thrilled I am with the result. It has made a big impact on both my physical appearance and to my confidence levels.

I couldn't be happier!

I also wanted to express my thanks to GetHair for guiding me through the experience.

Everything was expertly organised, the clinic and staff were extremely professional and from start to finish the customer service has been excellent.

Would highly recommend.
It is now a year since I had my transplant operation and I am thrilled with the final result. All the hair has taken and looks great. I can’t recommend these guys highly enough. Great service throughout.

Original review below that I posted 1 year ago

When the reports came through with the price that seemed very reasonable compared to the UK my friend Andy and I decided to go through with it. Before we committed fully I decided to visit Stuart at the London office to make sure everything was legitimate. Stuart was most helpful and showed me a presentation of how the procedure was done and answered all my questions. My mind was made up so I paid our deposits there and then!

We checked out flights to Istanbul and booked to travel the day before our operation which was scheduled for April 22nd. We decided to go for 4 nights so we could do some sight seeing as well. Stuart kindly arranged all this for us with the hotel. We were met at the airport and taken to our hotel. The hotel was great and staff very friendly and most helpful. The food was good also. It amazed us to see all the other guests there wearing bandages around their heads and who had just had their transplants so you certainly won’t feel out of place.

The next morning at 7.25 we were met by a lovely young lady called Zeynep who walked us to the hospital which is literally around the corner. We were met by Dr Ilker who was very pleasant and explained in detail what they were going to do and then he drew our new hairlines. We were taken into separate rooms. I was given anaesthetic injections into my head and when it was numb Dr Ilker carried out all of the incisions. The injections were the most painful thing and after that I didn’t feel a thing and even managed to fall asleep. We broke for lunch which was provided and in the afternoon three nurses carried out the implants with Dr Ilker checking up and explaining things. The nurses were great and made sure I was comfortable at all times. At the end of the operation we were provided with shampoo and foam along with medication and full instructions. The next day we went back to the hospital to have our dressings removed and a head wash which was very soothing.

I had FUE and 3,518 follicles were harvested and transplanted which will turn into an approximate hair number of 8,036. Throughout we were provided with a first class service and I would have no hesitation in recommending Get Hair for your transplant. The whole experience was much better than I had expected. I’m writing this review exactly 2 weeks after the operation and all of the scabs have disappeared and you can’t notice I had a transplant apart from my new hairline which my wife loves! She reckons I look 20 years younger!
Nicely explained about hair transplant and the clinic in London. Hair transplant is very critical and you need best possible doctors who not only gives you best ideas and also give you best solutions and help to finding best doctors.Here your explanation is quite impressive .One can get solution Quickly.
After researching so many company’s in turkey for my transplant I came across get hair.... this company was very professional straight from the beginning ..:was in contact with Stuart who is based in the uk which really helps put you mind at ease... I travelled to turkey on the 16th of March I was collected at the airport and took about 20 minuets to the hotel and told I Would be collected at 9.45 for my surgery... woke up and had breakfast at the hotel and was collected... meet dr tyfun and his team...he then drew on my new hairline and then had my head shaved and was in surgery.... the whole process took after 3 hours the pain was minimal then I had some lunch and returned to hotel.... in the morning went bk to hospital for the post treatment..was given all the aftercare products then was dropped back off at airport... the whole process ran really smooth the dr tyfun and he’s team were excellent would defo recommend using get hair.... am very happy so far with my transplant and looking forward to seeing the finished results
After spending countless hours (100's of hours) of research on different types of hair transplants, I finally chose Fue treatment for my hair restoration. I looked closely at the initial treatment against the average of results against the price of treatment. For me I was the perfect fit.
After my decision was clear and completely backed myself I contacted Gethair. From the start was impressed with the speed of replies to my emails without feeling pushed at anytime. I am Australian and the time difference was no issue, I replied to correspondence when it suited me and it all worked out fine. I dealt with a consultant named Stuart, he walked me through the process at my pace, explaining everything and again never once again felt pushed. After I sent some photos of my hair I received a drawing of what the Dr thought was best for me, showing my new hair line. Ater the size of restoration is determined you will be given an all inclusive price. Just get to the airport and from there you are catered for. The transfers to the motel and clinic are very easy and on time always. My experience at the clinic was very impressive. That said I was taken back at first by the speed it happens right from filling out the initial paperwork to having two nurses shaving my hair to laid on the table and having my procedure started, all very fast but really it works. The treat was reasonably comfortable, only a discomfort with the initial needles to numb your head really. Nothing more then a 3-4 out of 10 pain level for a very short time. The rest is just unusual sounds and vibrations. I had around 3800 and took around 5 hours from paperwork to heading back to the motel. I didn't need any pain medication and found recovery really quite comfortable. I am day 14 as I write this and all scabing is gone, bit of dry skin only. Extremely happy.
As I said I have done a lot of research for my restoration, obviously reading this I went with Gethair. I now know I made the right decision, I read review after review just like what I am now writing and they are all very accurate. I would absolutely recommend Gethair to you for your our hair restoration.
Seamless went to london office to discuss, booked flights picked up at airport, next day picked up at hotel taken to clinic consultation with doctor, procedure carried out under local anasthetic no issues or complaints,
Next day returned to clinic to have hair washed, driven to airport following day after a tour of istanbul, washed and moisturised hair as directed scabs all gone by day ten, 14 days later pleased with result , no complaints whatsover proffesional , efficient company as expected, clinic spotless, hotel good as well.
GetHair 5 star review on 16th March 2020
(London) - Posted 3 months ago
When I decided to do FUE Hair Transplant I was debating whether to do it from India or from Istanbul. Last time I did it from India 2 years back which was FUT and I was not very happy with the outcome. I was able to decide on Istanbul easily based on my past FUT experience in India. Then the next challenge was where in Istanbul ...tons of places, attractive advertisements, killer deals when I googled but that didn't convince me since I don’t want to take any risk of giving my head to unknowns. Fortunately, a friend of mine suggested Dr Tayfun where he did is FUE from after doing lot of research and his results post-surgery is also promising. Well it made it easy for me to decide now on Dr Tayfun and GetHair. Then I reached out to Mr. Stuart Cuming believe me he is an amazing person with great Customer service skills and timely responses.
Stuart took my pictures consulted with Dr Tayfun and it was sooper fast that I received my Consulting results and am very happy with to proceed further. I had couple of package options to decide and I went with the premium package where I want Dr Tayfun to perform 100% incisions which is critical in the whole procedure & majority of harvesting.
I was then deciding the date of surgery based on Dr Tayfun's availability which is very hard and its obvious since he is crazy busy with too many Clients across the Globe waiting for his availability.
Once I got the appointment then it’s all set, and I landed in Istanbul the place I never been before but thanks to GetHair they did send car to pick me up and reached me safely in the Hotel.
BTW language is a barrier in Istanbul, believe me Stuart and Nasimi handled it seamlessly. The hotel which was offered as part of the package was decent enough for me stay couple of nights.
Date of Surgery: Nasimi came to the hotel to pick me up which was very well planned a day before. I had an in-person consultation with Dr Tayfun before the surgery and they did explain to me on how they are going to proceed with the surgery based on my initial consultation. I have been taken inside the theatre and the surgery was performed as committed by Dr Tayfun and the well-trained nurses for 5 hours which was 3600 grafts 100 grafts more than what was originally committed without additional cost. Except but the initial pain while injection Local Anesthesia I was fine rest of the time was relaxing to be very honest.
I sincerely appreciate the artistic and surgical skills of Dr Tayfun and the Nurses when I saw the post-surgery results of the implants. They did follow the standard best practice of not over-harvesting in one session.
Post-operative care was also commendable the next day visit, post-operative care presentation & kit, airport drop and consultation thereafter.
I would strongly recommend Dr Tayfun and GetHair for the great work they are doing for these may years and the expertise they carry by doing tons and tons of procedures.

Regards,
Jerome John
(London) - Posted 4 months ago
I found GetHair very easy to deal with and very professional. I leiased with Stuart for my transplant and any questions or querys I had regards all aspects of the transplant/travel he answered swift and informative.
Highly recommended.
(London) - Posted 4 months ago
Very efficient service. All questions were answered promptly throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend GetHair
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
Opted for the FUE hair transplant after consulting with Stuart Cumming. Everything from start to finish was exactly as described. Very efficient service. I had 3612 transplants which seemed more thorough than most people I met at the airport on the way home. I’m not good with needles so once over that part it was pain free. The nurses were superb and very diligent throughout what was a long day. I think it’s worth paying the extra have the doctor do the cuts as that is the most important part. The results of the hair transplant are yet to be seen as I am only 12 days in but hoping for a great result.
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
When I started doing my research on hair transplants I got in touch with about 4-5 different companies to see the differences and what they offered. My friend had previously been to turkey to have a hair transplant so I was referred to by him ( not gethair) other companies responded straight away having sent them my photos, they all sent an estimate and how many grafts I needed, here’s the packages yes or no type response. But when I contacted gethair they were so polite, patient and easy to deal with. I waited a couple of days for a full report from dr tayfun that was in depth unlike other companies. I then visited them at there branch in London which was another huge selling point for me. Zak and Stuart were 1st class not pushy in the slightest and I immediately new I wanted to go with these guys after there advice and professionalism.
Having arrived in Turkey I was unsure what to expect or even if anyone would be there as planned. As I got off the plane and walked to the area meet point the driver was already there waiting for me and took me straight to our hotel, which I must say was very nice and comfortable. The driver then picked me up on time in the morning and took me 5 minutes down the road to the hospital (again the hospital was immaculately clean). I was very nervous on the day but I had been given clear instructions of dos and donts by Zak and Stuart so was confident for the procedure. Masimo met me at the hospital again a very nice chap and spoke me through everything throughout the procedure. The operation itself took around 4-5 hours. The nurses were incredibly professional and any troubles they spoke me through.
After the operation the taxi driver was waiting for me and took me straight back to my lovely hotel. 1st night was quite uncomfortable to sleep up right. The following day we went back to the hospital for my 1st wash, and dos and donuts for the next couple of weeks.
I have to say I was nervous and sceptical about the whole thing but I have never dealt with a company so thorough and professional. I no there must be other good companies out there but I would recommend gethair to anyone looking to have a hair transplant (I have already passed gethair to 3 of my friends) it’s been nearly 2 weeks since my ht, and things seem to be healing really well. All I would say to anyone looking to get a hair transplant done is do your research, take your time and I promise you if you enquire into gethair you will be so satisfied with what you get from these guys!! Great from start to Finnish now hoping for great results. Thanks to all the gethair team/dr tayfun
GetHair 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
I had my transplant with Dr Tayfun on 17/12/19. Before I go into any more detail I’ve uploaded four different videos on my YouTube channel TrainLikeZac so feel free to check them out; there’s one on my thoughts of the whole experience and also I got my partner to video the pre-op consultation and first hair wash the day after-hopefully this will help anyone that’s considering getting their transplant through GetHair.
So far all seems good, I’m currently 5 weeks post op and the recipient areas have begun to shed a little which is normal.
I contacted Zak initially about a year ago just to get some info and he was very helpful, answering any questions I had even if they were in hindsight a little silly etc, he was always very professional and no detail was too small to go over. I didn’t book initially however as a birthday present to myself six months later I committed and paid the deposit. (The remaining balance was paid at the hospital before the procedure). I contacted a few different companies to get quotes as many people do and GetHair was in the mid-range price wise. (Ranging from £1000-£7000).
The transfers were all very straight forward when being picked up from the airport and going to and from the hospital, the hotel was the Park Inn by Radisson which was really good, breakfast and room service was lovely and very reasonably priced too. Also if you train there’s a really good gym literally around the corner called Legend Gym which has great kit and you can pay £5 to use it per day.
On the day of the procedure I was picked up at 1.10pm and once I’d had the pre-op consultation and my head shaved the procedure started at 2pm. Just as I was about to go in the patient that had been seen in the morning was coming out and it was clear the only two patients were seen on any given day-when speaking to people who had gone to other clinics this was definitely not the case. It took four hours from start to finish and I had the doctor and three technicians working just on myself. The hospital it’s in is really nice btw. For anyone a bit apprehensive about pain etc, I’m usually terrible with needles and anything like that however I had no issues whatsoever (the Valium helped too!)
Dr Tayfun started by administering the local anaesthetic to the front of the head and then made all the incisions himself. Once he’d done that the technicians got to work; the only unpleasant thing about the whole procedure is the sounds you hear. It’s hard to describe but the incisions sound like small cracks and the extraction does basically sound like a mini drill; aside from that it’s a fairly relaxing process.
At the end of the procedure I was given something small to eat and I was carefully driven back to the hotel to relax for the evening with all the necessary medication etc too.
On a side note we arrived a few days early and did some sightseeing around Istanbul, tbh you may as well if you’re going anyway, travel-wise there’s a bus at the end of the road which takes you to Levent station where you can get anywhere you need to go, it takes maybe 30minutes and is quite nice as you get some amazing views when driving across the bridge; my partner and I were a bit worried we were really far away from the centre of the city however it’s not very far at all.
GetHair 5 star review on 22nd January 2020 GetHair 5 star review on 22nd January 2020 GetHair 5 star review on 22nd January 2020 GetHair 5 star review on 22nd January 2020
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
The experience I received with Get Hair & Dr T was fantastic. I hesitated for quite a few years about getting a procedure in Turkey, but I’m thankful I did and that I chose Get Hair. The service was excellent and the procedure painless & efficient. The aftercare was also first class, with an attentive team on hand post op.
Although early days, I’m excited about seeing the final result
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
I decided last march that I wanted to get a transplant, having spoken to a friend who also went with Get Hair. I emailed Stuart and then went on to book a consultation at the hq in Chiswick. Stuart made me feel at ease straight away and explained in detail the experience ie. info about the transplant and the journey to Turkey. They took photos and then were in contact in a few days to tell me how many grafts I would need and the cost.
i went ahead and booked in right away.
Ive not long been back from Turkey having booked the treatment for 10/01/20
and could not recommend the guys any more highly. before flying i was given the contact details of the liaison out in Turkey, and as soon as i landed the communication was great. however the only blip was my driver was not there right away, this didn't do much for my nerves being in a foreign country and about to have surgery but this was the only down side.
the surgery itself was painless, a little discomfort when they inject the aesthetic but thats it, they talk to you and let you know what they are doing throughout.
having spoken to a few lads at the airport. I definitely know there are cheaper companies to go with when thinking of a transplant, but they do not offer the same things as get hair. for one having the consultation before getting to Turkey is massive, with the language barrier this could easily go wrong if you go in there blind.
But for me money was not the issue. I didn't shop around as i went with a friend and saw his results. and also seeing other people and speaking to them the aftercare instructions are different with many different companies but i feel the instructions i was given were much better than anyone else i spoke to.

I hope this review will help anyone thinking of booking with these guys!

Joe Morris
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
The whole experience was really smooth. I am so pleased with the initial results (writing this 2 weeks post op) Dr Tayfun and his team performed my procedure, and they were very professional throughout. Communication throughout was spot on aswell! I'm so excited to see the final results!!
GetHair 5 star review on 19th January 2020
(London) - Posted 5 months ago
When researching Hair Transplant clinics, I was drawn more to clinics that had a base in London. I saw that Get Hair had great reviews online and a friend of mine also had a transplant through them.

I got in touch online and sent Stuart a few photos of my hair from different angles via the online chat.

Stuart was a great help, as he let me know all about the procedure and what to expect whilst answering any questions I had.

He got back to me with a quote and after a few months I contacted him again through email to arrange booking a date for my transplant. We set a preliminary date and I booked my own flights to Istanbul, as i was made aware these wouldn’t be included in the final price of my procedure. (The price included the procedure, 2 night stay in a hotel with breakfast, airport transfers and some aftercare products and medication).

After I booked my flights, I paid a deposit for the transplant and secured my dates. In the lead up to the procedure Stuart stayed in contact and regularly sent me updates reminding me on things I needed to do and not do prior to the transplant. Including information on my airport transfers in Istanbul, which was good to know as I was wary of this part of the travelling most.

When I arrived in Istanbul I was picked up at the airport and brought to my hotel. I received a text from a representative in Istanbul giving me information about my procedure the next day and telling me what time they’d be collecting me from the hotel. The hotel was basic enough but clean and the food was nice, as well as the staff who were more than helpful.

I met Cansu, the rep for Dr Ilker the next morning at reception of my hotel and she walked me to the clinic a few minutes away. I signed some forms and had some before pictures taken.

I then took some medication and my head was shaved. Dr Ilker then had a consultation with myself where we designed my new hairline.

When I was happy with it, the nurses then injected anaesthetic into the areas where the grafts were going to be taken on the back of my head and also where I wanted the hair to be added to. This was the most painful bit, it but didn’t last that long.

My head was then numb and the Dr made incisions in the front of my head, I was then turned around and the nurses began to take the grafts from the back of my head. This wasn’t painful but felt slightly strange if anything. After this was finished, I was turned around again and the grafts were placed into the incisions that were previously made.

The whole thing took about 5 hours and due to the medication, I felt like I’d been in and out of sleep a lot. It seemed a lot shorter in time.

I was given some food and drink to eat after and then my rep spoke to me about the medication I’d need to take over the next week, and the aftercare over the next while.

I was then free to go to back to the hotel a few minutes away, and I was asked to come back the next morning at 9 to be shown how to wash the areas.

It was uncomfortable to sleep that night as I had to remain on my back but it was a small price to pay for such a procedure.

After the nurses washed my head the next day, I was allowed to leave and I was picked up and taken to the airport.

I would definitely recommend this process and Get Hair. They were very organised, reliable and i’m sure I will be happy with the results.
GetHair is rated 4.87 based on 383 reviews