GetHair Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend GetHair

ask@gethair.co.uk

Business Design Centre52 Upper St.128A

How would you rate GetHair?

C. F
Verified Buyer

I liked the professionalism and the great customer service from the start till the end. I thought that having the first in person consultation in London was what differentiates GetHair from the rest of the competition.
Verified Buyer

From start to finish, I was extremely happy with level of service and help from all staff with GetHair.
Kaan was extremely helpful with any questions and info I required about the process and everything went even better than I had anticipated.
Pick up from airport was excellent - driver was waiting for me and it took around 45 mins to hotel. The hotel was excellent and room service highly recommended!
After call from co-coordinator the night before operation, I was told to meet at hotel reception the next morning just before 10am. Driver pick up on time and then a 10 minute drive to hospital and lift up to floor where GetHair is situated. After arrival you will fill out the relevant forms and then its straight in to see the main doctor who will ask you what your expectations are and then decide on what is possible after looking your 'donor' area. Once you and he are happy, he will draw the relevant 'areas' on your head where the hair is to be transplanted to.
Next Stage is to take a 'relaxant' tablet and shave your hair and also change your t-shirt to a gown ready for the operation.
Again, no waiting around and straight into the operating room. The nurses will insert a small 'access' needle into your hand for withdrawing blood (blood test) and also in the event of any small emergency though it was nothing to worry about. It was time to begin the operation.
Now, I have read that many people have described the 'pain' involved with the local anesthetic in the head range from 'sharp' pain to 'the most excruciating pain ever'. Personally as someone who isn't a fan of needles, I can truthfully say the pain wasn't bad at all. Did it hurt? Yes, a little but it only lasts for a minute or 2 and you can feel your head beginning to numb. The nurses were fantastic and will ask you how you are feeling through the whole process. My advice, is clench the teeth and just get it done.
Next stage was for the doctor to open the channels in the head ready for the donor hair to be inserted. No pain.
After this it is time for the removal of the donor hair from the back / sides and again no pain at all.
Just after midday it was time for lunch. I would say as seems to be the case for a lot of people, you will feel quite tired at this stage, especially after taking the relaxant but was glad of the small break and some good food!
Around 20-30mins it was straight back into the operating room where the donor hairs were ready to be fitted in their new home! This process was again painless though you could feel the hairs being inserted into the head. There were 3 nurses doing this at once and this speeded the whole process up as after a couple of hours the operation was completed and I had bandages round my head. I was given some tablets and told about dos/donts and then it was back to hotel.
The hardest part of the whole process for me was the sleeping on the first night at hotel. Trying to sleep upright on pillows with bandages on was not easy and only managed a few hours sleep....I did have quite a strong headache though the tablets given helped with this.
Next day, checked out and driven back to hospital where the team went through how to wash hair and important information for the next few weeks / months and then it was straight to airport ready for trip home.
Throughout the whole process at the hospital you will always have interpreters with you that will answer any of your questions.
In conclusion I can truthfully say that GetHair is above and beyond my expectations. The level of service is fantastic and the office/operating rooms were also exceptionally clean in a safe environment. As I am writing this, just under 2 weeks since my operation, I have for the first time in nearly 16 years - hair on top of my head! I know this donor hair will fall out in the short term but I am confident that the whole procedure was professionally carried out and look forward to later next year when the new hair grows!
My advice if you are reading this and contemplating getting the procedure done - Just do it with GetHair! There are numerous other companies in Turkey that offer this, some cheaper but for me GetHair is extremely professional and will help with any worries / questions before and pre-op.
Verified Buyer

After months of research (probably contacted 8-10 clinics in Turkey) I decided to go ahead with my hair transplant surgery in October 2017 and so far I’m really happy with the service I received both from London office and the medical team in Turkey.

I wasn’t pushed into making a decision but whenever I emailed/called, the team were quite informative which made me feel calm during my decision-making process.

I hope my hair will grow as planned and I will write a secondary review about the results.
A. A
Verified Buyer

Amazing start to finish - still not shed any of my 4050 grafts but time will tell for the full outcome!

Worth the extra money over other establishments in my opinion!!
Sal N
Verified Reviewer

So, you may have read my review last year. Well, I had the second procedure in September 2017. "Second procedure?" I hear you all gasp in a panic. Yes, second procedure as I wanted more density in the crown area..just my personal preference. Anyway, yet again a seamless experience from start to finish and a massive respect to the Get Hair team, they are just brilliant. Now I will wait a few months more for my hair to grow and reap the rewards. Patience is key..do not expect a full mane in a month.
Qamar
Verified Buyer

Was a fantastic experience from start to finish.

It’s always daunting having a medical procedure carried out abroad but the professionalism of the London office and in turkey made my experience perfect.

I would recommend gethair to anyone thinking of hair transplantation.

Recovery is going well and Stuart at London office has been at hand since to have returned back to uk.
Martin
Verified Reviewer

Many thanks to Dr Tayfun and his professional team for my hair transplant in Istanbul. Everything from the pick up at the airport to the wonderful hotel went according to plan and exactly as described. The operation was carried out in a first class hospital. It has only been 3 days since the op, but the results so far have exceeded my expectations and looking forward to writing a further review in 12 months time. If you are considering a hair transplant with Get Hair then I cannot recommend these guys highly enough!
Tj
Verified Reviewer

Had 3600 grafts so happy with the results it's only been 6 months 10/10 they are extremely professional thanks to the team 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Scott B
Verified Reviewer

After researching Fue for the last couple of years I decided to go abroad due to the cost and the saving compared to the uk for the exact same proceedure. I felt confident in gethair simply down to Dr Tafun’s years of experience. As a hairdresser I have a understanding Of hair and a realistic expectation of the likely result.
I took the time and went to London for a consultation this added reassurance and Kaan the coordinator was amazing throughout. Due to work commitments I had to wait months and simply couldn’t wait for it.
I booked to go alone but I did decide to take someone with me that reassured worrying family and friends but to be honest in completely safe we’ll organised hands.
There was a driver who was waiting for me in the arrivals area greeted me and showed me to the car after a 30 minute drive we arrived at the hotel it was clean comfortable and very welcoming. I got a good nights sleep and got picked up 8.45am the next morning just a 5 minute drive away I arrived at the hospital it’s state of the art surroundings amazing clean I was so shocked I didn’t expect this.
There was a coordinator who translated he explained the whole process I signed my forms and they got started it was a long day and yes I was nervous they took blood pressure, bloods and started to numb my head. I expected the injections to be painful due to what I had read on the internet but to be honest after a couple your head goes numb so you can’t feel the rest. It was a very long day just laid there just over 7 hours but I was well looked after. I was bandaged up and driver back to my hotel after some helpful hints & tips from the coordinator.
My nights sleep was very broken I was more scared of creating more damage got up the next morning there was little blood on my bandages.
I returned to the hospital for post op they washed and cleaned my head which wasn’t painful at all. I was then taken back to my hotel the next morning the driver came to take us back to the airport. I was surprised to see 5 more men on my flight who had the same proceedure done.
I have not had any pain I have done everything by the book. Sleeping is a bit uncomfortable first few days but now I’m washing it each day my scalp is felling better.
Would I do it again? Yes
Would I recommend gethair? Of course
The team are amazing pre and post advice I am amazed by the results so far I cannot wait for the coming months.
I would like to say thank you to the gethair team for the confidence you
have given in such a short time frame already.
Adam B
Verified Buyer

Get hair has not only got me my confidence bak but a full head of hair again , this time last year I was dreading goin out 2 party's or seeing friends because of my hair loss, and now all of that is 100 percent behind me. I can't thank get hair enough
Jeanette
Verified Reviewer

I really did not have to worry about going to Cyprus for my hair transplant,everything from the pick up at the airport to the wonderful hotel and most importantly the operation which was carried out in a first class hospital by Dr Tayfun everything was first class and exactly as described.I can not recommend more highly it is only two weeks since i came home but so far so good.
Oliver B
Verified Buyer

My experience with GetHair was professional throughout. Everyone I met there was very friendly and most importantly, I am extremely happy with the results of my hair! Has been a complete life changer. Thanks very much to Dr T and the team.
Verified Buyer

This whole experience of going abroad to get a hair transplant was amazing, from getting picked up in Istanbul to driving to the hotel then to the clinic and to actually get the procedure itself. The staff and the facilities are so nice. The hotel is 5/5. Nasimmi who talked me through everything and kept me at ease. I really don't know what I was worrying about in the beginning. So the only thing I can say to anyone who is thinkin of getting this done. Is do not hesitate in booking it. I was out the country 3 days and now resting at home. With a care package that get hair give you to make sure you get the best results from the transplant.
Zahid
Verified Buyer

"I'd been toying with the idea of getting a hair transplant on and off over the last few years - but was always unsure where to start. A random google search lead to a BBC search lead me to an article about someone who I managed to track down on social media and ask about their experience and vitally who they used. My biggest fear was going into the unknown, would I be in safe hands?

I got in touch with Get hair and had lots of questions for Kaan to answer. He was always polite and got back to me with the information I needed. His approach was never to push me towards getting the procedure done.

Travelling abroad to get a medical procedure done was daunting - however from the moment I landed in Istanbul I was in good hands. The driver was nice and polite, showing me some of the sights of Istanbul as we drove to the hotel. The hotel itself was lovely, can't fault it at all and again the staff there are pleasant and happy to help where required.

The surgery itself - I've felt more pain going to the dentist! I had a consultation with the dr where you are asked what your expectations are. It's best to take some photos of what you're hoping to achieve. After that you're prepped for the procedure, head is shaved and injections so you dont feel any pain during the operation. I was expecting the procedure to take most of the day however I was done in around 4-5 hours. Lunch was provided and then taken back to the hotel to rest with careful instructions on how to sleep.

The next day you're taken back to show how to wash your scalp and taken through the aftercare process. I'm now on day 10 post op, whilst it's way too early to tell how my results will turn out, I'm hopeful it will be as successful as the other patients have been.

Get Hair have been great all through out the process - even since I've been back, answering any questions I may have.

Looking forward to seeing the hair grow over the next few months now. If you're looking for a clinic to get your hair transplant, I'd definitely recommend Get Hair. "
A. M
Verified Buyer

My research included looking up testimonials from other patients who had used GetHair and all were positive. Fortunately for me, another patient had documented his own journey with GetHair on YouTube, which made my research a lot easier.

The most effective research I undertook was meeting Kaan in the GetHair London office for a face-to-face consultation. This discussion put my fears at ease and made the whole process clear. The email support I have received both pre and post op has been fantastic also.

My experience of flying out to Turkey, being picked up from the airport and taken to and from the clinic from my hotel, can be best described in two words - efficient and transparent. Everything is made clear to you and the support from the patient coordinator on site is fantastic throughout. I was surprised by how quickly and effectively the team worked and how soon the operation was over. I was even more surprised by how quickly the worst of the pain disappeared also (less than 24 hours). The hotel was fantastic, 4 stars with a huge breakfast selection and being able to meet other patients from the UK, staying at the same hotel, was also a real confidence boost. The Technicians showed genuine concern for my well being throughout as did the patient coordinator.

I chose GetHair because of their reputation, their non-pushy approach, I never felt forced or like I was being sold something. I also chose them because of their price, package and aftercare support.
Darren
Verified Reviewer

It's been 12 months since my brother and I both had transplants with GetHair in Istanbul and I speak for the both of us by saying we are delighted with the results. No donor area scaring whatsoever and the results are honestly better than we both expected. The hotel was to a very high standard (also better than expected) and there is a fantastic little restaurant next door meaning we didn't have to go far from the hotel for anything. The clinic was very clean and modern and only short drive from the hotel. All in all I would say don't worry about a thing, look forward to it take comfort in the fact that this procedure actually works and the team are professional.
Chris B
Verified Reviewer

I had my hair transplant 12 months ago and it has changed my life completely! Before I was between a norwood 3 and 4 now I have a solid frontal hairline which has made a huge impact on my confidence as well as my looks. I found the process of getting the transplant very easy from start to finish. Get hair have been in touch with me throughout the 12 month recovery period and have found their customer care to be very genuine and supportive. I had 3000 grafts transplanted and the price was very reasonable. The travel experience was positive and everything went very well. I had a good experience with my transplant and I can recommend Dr Tayfun and his competent team.
Gavin
Unverified Reviewer

I would recommend gethair to anyone as soon as I landed a taxi was waiting for me to take me to the hotel from there onwards I knew I choose the right company first class service every step of the way . This was my second op and I went to longevita for my first one I wish I hadn't they don't just deal with hair like gethair do they wernt as professenail as gethair so I advise anyone to do your research properly . Yes gethair is more than most clinics but they are worth it DO NOT get caught up with how cheap another place is it's not worth it . I can highly recommend dr tayfun and the team . Why I went to gethair is I needed my crown doing and patch up work from the previous company what wasn't good enough . Thanks again gethair team
David
Unverified Reviewer

Phenomenal service and hospitality, overall service was 1st class from start to finish! Will recommend these guys to anyone that thinking of having a hair transplant!
David
Unverified Reviewer

Phenomenal that's sums these guys up, first class service by dedicated caring professionals, iv had frontal balding for a lot of years now and found it difficult to style.. Iv maintained what I have by using finasteride and minoxidil, anyway I did my research spoke to a fantastic gentleman called Chris who has done various you tube videos on his progress he was a massive help.. So I plucked up the courage and went ahead with the procedure, the hairline Dr tayfun created was just as I wanted, I'm currently in the early stages of growth but have no doubt I'll get the result I'm after, I got quoted £6000 for the same procedure in England which I thought was a little expensive.. The cost at get hair was a fraction of that.. Coming in at £2700 which included a 2 night stay in a 4* hotel bed and breakfast,
and transfers to and from the airport!
GetHair is rated 4.95 based on 113 reviews