GetHair Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend GetHair

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.04
10 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

How would you rate GetHair ?

Oliver
"I spent many weeks researching suitable hair transplant organisation in Turkey. I read reviews, watched online video blogs and looked at the profiles of the surgeons in detail. After all of my research it was obvious that Dr Tayfun had an exceptional reputation and has been a key figure in hair transplant procedures in Turkey for sometime whilst remaining at the forefront of the industry. I decided to contact Get Hair in the UK to find out more and the professionalism of Stuart who dealt with my enquiry was excellent. He came back to me very quickly with a written synopses from Dr Tayfun relating to photos of my hair that I had provided outlining what he felt was needed, how suitable I was as a candidate for hair transplantation and also a price. Whilst the cost with Get Hair was slightly more expensive than others there seemed to be much more emphasis on quality and experience of the team and additionally they guaranteed a 5 star hotel and a driver for my time in Turkey. When the day finally arrived to travel to Trukey I flew into Istanbul and despite a one hour flight delay, the driver was waiting for me in arrivals and I was driven to the hotel in just over 20 minutes. The hotel was superb with an excellent room service menu and a fantastic breakfast for the day and day after surgery. The staff at the hotel also seemed very in tune with hair transplant patients and provided me with extra water and towels. The morning of the surgery arrived and my driver drove me to the hospital which was literally two minutes from the hotel. When I arrived I was amazed by the standard of the hospital. It was immaculate, modern and friendly. I was greeted by an English speaking member of staff who was on hand throughout the day to tell me what each stage of the operation was about to begin and how it would be done. He prepared me for the operation, gave me my medication and introduced me to Dr.Tayfun who then discussed my hair line with me personally. Dr Tayfun had a real aura about him. He was calm, very reassuring and very professional. The procedure itself was better than I could have hoped. The opening of channels was conducted by Dr Tayfun and he played Coldplay Greatest Hits for me all the way through to keep me calm and relaxed. The local anaesthetic was injected in my head in various places and this was actually not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Once the channels were opened the grafts were extracted and we then moved into the finals stage where the grafts would be inserted. This was painless for the most part and was done in just over an hour and a half. Overall the operation took 4 hours and it flew by! I was taken through to the waiting room where I was given juice, a sandwich and some pain killers. I was back at the hotel sitting on the bed watching the TV in no time and my driver saw me all the way to my room to ensure I was OK. I couldn't have felt more looked after. 2 weeks on I am now healed up and ready to see my new hair through in a few months time! I would highly recommend Get Hair and Dr Tayfun. A superb experience. Oliver Williams"
Alex
"At the age of 25, it's quite a daunting feat deciding whether or not to undergo a hair transplant. As someone that had been receding from unfortunate age of 18, it's something that of course plays on your mind a lot. I've casually researched the idea of surgery, but never in great detail as the costs in London are extortionate. Recently I was told about people who go abroad to have such procedures, but dismissed it almost instantly as it seemed 'dodgy' and the only thing (hair related) worse than balding, would be to have a bodged transplant that looked awful. I was forced by stress to take time away from teaching after a terrible start to the year and needed to find a way to help boost my self-confidence and self-esteem, so started looking in more detail at the idea of having the procedure done abroad. I found an article on the BBC and subsequent YouTube videos talking about GetHair and read through a number of incredibly positive reviews. I felt it was important to book a consultation in person so I could see how professional the business actually was. After visiting the office in Angel and meeting consultants, especially Stuart, it was an easy decision to move forward with the surgery. From first contact with Stuart to leaving the hospital under Gabina's guidance, the customer service team have been completely faultless. Not only are they incredibly quick with their responses, but were very helpful in offering further advice (such as staying in a more central based hotel for those wanting to be a tourist for a week). I received a fully detailed report within 24 hours of the consultation from Dr Tayfun too, which also impressed me. To support this, the transfers provided can't be faulted either. It was arranged for me to be picked up from my centrally located hotel and brought to the one provided as I was already in Istanbul, and instead of dropping me off at the airport, I was taken back into the city to enjoy some more tourist spots the day following the surgery as my flight was a late one. Although the driver spoke little English (yet far more Turkish than I spoke), he was very friendly and would point out certain spots to appreciate! The hotel is completely top notch. If I'm being honest, I felt somewhat out of place! The service was brilliant, the staff were very helpful and spoke good English and breakfast was fantastic. It was everything you'd expect from a hotel with a grand piano in the lobby. I guess my only gripe would be that the spa area closed at 10pm, which gives little time to use after a day of sightseeing and that the pool was a little on the small side for those who enjoy having a swim to unwind. Of course, this is irrelevant after the surgery as you won't be using it! Finally, and most importantly, the surgery itself was very smooth. The team were incredibly professional and someone who spoke good English was there between each of the stages to ensure you know exactly what is happening. The surgical team were very friendly and bubbly. Although they didn't speak and awful lot of English, they created a very relaxing atmosphere and made sure to check constantly that there was no pain. The four hours or so shot by and I'm pretty sure I managed to doze off at one point as the procedure is completely painless (minus the aneasthesia). The only slight criticism I could offer is that the start of the whole procedure was incredibly quick. By this I mean the time where Dr Tayfun drew up the new hairline. There wasn't any sort of discussion regarding this part, which I feel is quite important. That all being said, he's the expert in the field and you have to trust his experience and judgment! Of course it's far too early to see the full effect, but so far the recovery has gone swimmingly. I'm now at day 8 and the last of my scabs came out during today's wash. By following the guidelines given for aftercare, I see no reason why any problems should arise! I would 100% recommend GetHair to anyone looking to have their hair transplant. Not only are the prices (compared to the UK) incredibly reasonable, but the service itself was completely faultless. Plus if you're in an un/fortunate enough position to build in a holiday, it doesn't get much more beautiful and impressive than Istanbul."
Verified Buyer
"Get Hair did a phenomenal job! They book your hotel, schedule the surgery, arrange transportation, and take care of all minor details. You only have to book your flight! Stuart was extremely helpful and answered all my questions. He even called me in the US based on my schedule. He went above and beyond by suggesting another area to stay in Turkey since I did several days of sightseeing before the surgery (highly recommended). Get Hair was just as thoughtful after the surgery ensuring after care procedures were being done. They even check up on you every few months and ask for pictures to ensure the process is going smoothly. The surgery itself went great. I received 3300 grafts in about 5 hours. The anesthetic injections are a little uncomfortable but afterwards the procedure is painless. Galina and Nasimi truly made me feel at home. It was if I was in the US and had never left. The first few nights are hard to sleep as you can’t sleep on your sides or stomach. You also have to spray adenosine triphosphate on the transplanted areas every couple hours the first few days which helps the implantation to heal. Then after a 2 week shampooing regimen, your schedule returns to normal. Hair falls out 2-4 weeks post surgery, then grows at 3-4 months and continues to grow up to a year or more. The hotel is wonderful and has delicious food. Rooms are spacious and every amentity I thought of is available. Get Hair is like going to an all inclusive resort for hair. Worth every penny! Tips: Be careful to not bump your head, especially in a car and be careful if you are tall. Wear comfortable clothes for a few days after surgery including button up shirts for easier removal of clothes. Keep your face and scalp moisturized before the surgery. It makes implantation much easier. Drink plenty of water throughout. Stay at a different hotel in the tourism district before the surgery for a few days to enjoy what the country has to offer. Make sure you buy some Turkish delight! I would be also happy to receive phone calls from prospective clients to share my one on one experience."
(London) - Posted 6 days ago
"Very professional at all times. Everything outlined in the package was delivered upon. 5 stars! Now awaiting the results. I had my transplant a week ago now. Everything was excellent. I had 3600 grafts. There was very little pain just some discomfort over the next few days but the medication helps. I didn't have too much swelling but I may have been lucky in this respect. The hotel was excellent and there are other people that have undergone the same procedure so you don't feel too self concious. If you are considering a transplant I would recommend get hair based on my experience."
"I had done a lot of research on companies that worked with surgeons in Turkey that we're reasonably priced and had great customer service. After looking online, I came across get hair and read so many positive reviews that I decided to give Dr Kaan a call. Soon after I made my way to the London office and met with the team. They were very friendly and were able to answer and questions/worries I had about going to Turkey, the results and the overall procedure. After spending time with them and getting my headshots done, I received a summary of what needed to be done from Dr Tayfun. It was then that I decided to go ahead with it all. I booked my flights which were cheap and the travel to and from the hotel as well as the hotel itself were covered under the overall package cost. The hospital was 3 minutes away from the hotel and a car comes to collect you to bring you there and take you back. Really friendly people. The hotel was a 5* hotel with everything you need whilst you're there. A huge selection of foods for breakfast. On the day of the surgery I met a lady who explained everything that was going to happen, introduced me to Dr Tayfun and the nurses who were very friendly. Once I gave the go ahead to get started, the nurses came in and trimmed all of my hair and then gave me a few head injection which weren't really painful. After the first two your head starts to get numb and you won't be able to feel anything else from then onwards. Halfway through my 4 hour surgery, the nurses came in with food and drinks for me. Once it was all done, the lady then explained everything I'll need to do for the first 14 days post op whilst giving me all the products required for it (antibiotics, shampoos, atp sprays etc). She also provided me with a step by step guide incase I forgot something. I arrived back at the hospital the next day for the nurses to show you how to wash your hair for the following 14 days and then I made my way to the airport. Me being silly, I actually left all of my products at the hotel as I was rushing to make my flight. I contacted get hair and they got someone to drop it to the airport for me. An amazing experience and highly recommend these guys."
"They made the whole process smooth and were always there when I had a question or needed assistance. Would highly recommend these guys"
"The best money I have spent! I was initially sceptical, especially having seen mixed reviews but I can honestly say I am so glad I went ahead. It is early stages so far, but you can see the op has been completed to a high standard and my new hairline looks great! 5* all round, from airport pickup, to hotel, to procedure and after. All of the team made me feel welcome and at ease throughout. Would definitely recommend (1/4 of the price quoted in the U.K too.)! I look forward to seeing the full results! Thanks again Dr T & team."
(London) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"My experience with gethair was brilliant, I’ve been experiencing hair loss for some years now and from then on I’ve wanted to look into having a hair transplant but due to work and other commitments I didn’t get round to it up until sometime ago I came across gethair, I phoned up and spoke to a guy called Stuart who assisted me with all my questions throughout the whole process, no matter how many times I phoned up he always remained very polite and gave me the time of the day, Upon arrival to Turkey there was a guy waiting at the airport who was the diver, he dropped me off right outside the front doors of the hotel then made sure I checked in ok before leaving, after that they where always on time, The hotel was five star and I could not fault it, The hospital that the operation took place in was modern and very clean, Dr. Tayfun and his team where brilliant, I can not fault them on there work, also there was always a translator present which makes you feel more at ease, I can’t comment on my transplanted hair as it’s still early days but if it’s anything like what I’ve experienced from the team at gethair I will be very happy, I hope this short review helps you or someone make that decision, To the team at gethair, thank you all very much 👍🏻"
"Excellent service from the initial consultation in London with Stuart to the surgery in Istanbul. Good communication throughout and very professional team. Only 1 week post surgery but really happy and looking forward to seeing the growth in the coming months."
Verified Buyer
"I choose get hair after lots of research in to clinics and hospitals and was not disappointed. At the ten day stage everything looks good and I’m esoecially pleased now I can see the density and space between grafts. I had seen other vids n pics at this stage and have to say the quality of the incisions looks amazing in comparison. All clean no infections, scabbing cleared in 10 days so the quality of work is 10/10. From day one get hair has been nothing but helpful, professional and supporting. This is a massive decision to make and by far no easy decision but for all the worry in the workd the op and post care is not as bad as it seems and you are e provided with all the necessary support and product. I’m very glad I choose get hair and wound recommend highly"
"I had my transplant done 7 days ago of 2800 grafts and initially I was a little nervous travelling to another country even though I had done my research. I picked gethair because of all the positive reviews I had seen. Stuart gave me great advice on how the whole thing would work and so i went to turkey. The transfer was smooth and the team were very friendly. The surgery went great i felt no pain after my head had been numbed.. I even fell asleep when they was extracting hairs out the back of my head. Time will tell on the results but so far I don’t regret a thing and would recommend to anyone who is nervous about traveling for a hair transplant."
(London) - Posted 1 month ago
"The service was great overall. I was well taken care of right from the very first contact. Stuart Cuming provided me good assurance about everything from the very beginning, he made sure my desires were met and provided. When I reached Istanbul, everything went well. It's a terrific place to be at. The hotel and staff were great. The medical team treated me with great hospitality, they were all polite and friendly and took a really good care of me. The surgery went fine too so overall I am very happy and satisfied with every aspect of GetHair."
"Get Hair made a big decision simple. The very idea of going abroad for a cosmetic surgery seems scary to so many, myself included. However, I took the chance as I was very happy with the customer service, the credentials of the surgeon and his team and the clear answers to all my questions and I am very happy I did. Get Hair, Dr Tayfun and the team in Istanbul I felt were extremely professional and made the day seem as easy as going for a hair cut rather than a hair transplant! I could not be happier with the whole process and my aftercare to date. I am currently day 7 post op and have experienced no pain or discomfort other than an awkward first night sleep after the procedure. I recommend to anyone interested in Hair Transplant's to go with Get Hair and you will not be disappointed. Its always going to be a scary decision who ever you decide to go with but these guys take care of everything so there really is no need for it to be. Why did I not do it sooner?"
"Very well organized over all. Over 300 hair clinics in Istanbul and say only 10 authorized, you are one of them and it shows in all details. Found you on the internet after extensive research and correspondence. Posted detail reviews from patients on your we site were very helpful as they in detail described how the individual experience procedures. Some suggestions of areas for improvement however; * Hotel standard is not up to the classification given. * It would be beneficial for the patient if you explained; - how the procedure is performed in detail and gave a short tour before the start (how the channels are opened, how the donor hair is extracted and subsequently implanted), - why certain donor areas are used in preference to others, - what to expect, post procedure, in the donor area (much itching and more issues the the implant area). So far so good but as you know it is still early days."
"I had done a lot of research into Transplantation and one name kept recurring.Get hair.I then watched the videos ,mainly chris broughtons.He made it look so easy. It was.everything he said happened. simplicity, reassurance which is something you need when you are traveling overseas for surgery.The before and after service from stuart has been excellent.Also having a u.k. base gives it credibility especially when there are some unscrupulous operators out there. very happy."
"I initially spent some time looking for a transplant surgeon in the uk, but they were extortionate, I then found get hair and was very impressed with all there information and felt confident with Dr Tayfun’s experience, I then spoke to stuart and he was ever so helpful and did not pressure me to make a decision in anyway! I found the whole process really easy and straight forward. I decided to pay for my surgery before going to turkey as my bank could not guarantee my payment would go through in Turkey! I was a bit worried, However when I arrived in Turkey the taxi driver was there to meet me even though my flight was late! I was taken to a lovely hotel and contacted by the turkish coordinator Nasimi. The next morning I was picked up and taken to meet Dr Tayfun and the team. They didn’t speak much English but Nasimi translated everything and they made me feel at ease. Once my new hairline was marked , I was taken to have my hair trimmed and made ready for surgery injections were applied. Then my surgery commenced. I have to admit it was a bit sore at times, however when I told them they gave me extra analgesics. it was then comfortable. After my surgery, they bandaged my head and I was taken back to my hotel with advice given. The next day I went back to see the team and they cleaned my hair and provided me with loads of information a hat and products to look after my new hair. Once back in England stuart contacted me and also gave me the same advice. Personally it’s only been a few days, and it all looks great and I feel confident. Overall I have found gethair very professional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone."
"From post-op to the end of my hair transplant the customer service was outstanding. Every question I had was always answered since my first consultation which made me feel confident with ongoing with the procedure. Building up to the actual procedure date their was constant communication to put my mind at ease with anything I was worrying about. They were very clear with instructions on arrival and what would happen once I got there. Once I got there all the staff looked after me so well I felt really comfortable they were very reassuring and the driver and coordinator would always take me back to the hotel making sure I would arrive safe due to the surgery. Overall an outstanding experience and I would definitely recommend gethair to friends and family."
"I have been thinking about Hair transplant for two years now, and I have done a lot of research on the subject. I live in San Diego, USA, I have been to a few consultations here, but the cost was tooo inhibiting, after looking at many options, I decided going to Istanbul, Turkey. I learned That Doctor “T”at grthair clinic Is an expert in the field of Hair transplant, he has done thousands and instructed thousands in how to do the procedure., That made me very comfortable, so I sent out an email. On the second day I received a response from Kaan, he was my point man from that moment on, very sharp, professional and responsive. I have decided since I was traveling from the US to Istanbul to make a vacation and take 10 days off work. After several communications with Kaan, I made an appointment to have the procedure done, I have been in Istanbul a few days prior to the procedure, Love the country I received several emails from the stalf at the Climic in order to get me ready for the procedure. The day of the procedure, two people from get Hair clinic showed up and drove me from the Hotel to the Hospital, I had a consultation with the Doctor, he wanted to hear my expectations and opinion. Then started the procedure, since I have seen hundreds of these procedures online, it was much smoother and easier then expected. The technitons were professional, they communicated well, and kept me comfortable, I personally didn’t have any pain and didn’t need pain medication after. Sleeping upwards for three days is not the most comfrrrable, but hay what would you do if I told you your going to have your hair for the rest of your life?? Most of us will do anything of course. Bottom line, wonderful people from the begging to the end of the procedure, and they follow up with you with calls. Your in good hands with get Hair"
"Obviously going to different country to do a procedure is not an easy decision . Obviously I researched looking at reviews looking at different clinics But obviously its quite confusing and daunting task . I decided to go with Get Hair after speaking with Stuart in the UK office . He was very professional with his advice and prompt reply to my questions. I also felt assuranced that there was the London office to deal with any problems that may arise. When I arrived in Istanbul and met Melham the coordinator and Dr Ilker I knew that I was in safe hands . Also Dr Ilkers technicians where also amazing . Procedure went smoothly though there is some pain Initially until the anaesthetic kicks in . Everything is provided as to instructions to after-care and transfers from the clinic to the hotel to the airport . The first three days post operation are difficult . By the seventh day everything settles down and you can start to see results. Definitely recommend Get Hair to anyone who is looking at a hair transplant"
"I chose Get Hair after not reading not one bad review . I was then contacted by Stuart which at first I thought he was too good to be true as every step of the way he has emailed, text and phoned me :-) . He is still in contact with me 1 week after the hair transplant so it’s obviously not just about the money . Hotel they use in Turkey is first class , the included food is not the best as a lot of local food but I ordered both days in the evening off the menu !! Wow amazing and promptly brought your your room as I felt after having surgery I not want to mingle in the restaurant. You are collected from the hotel which when arriving at there hospital is at first worrying because the girls there immediately start getting you ready for when the Doctor arrives . Must say as soon as the doctor arrived all my nerves went as you can tell by just talking to him he is in control immediately puts you st ease . Because I had most of the top of my head done it was quite a long procedure but all done in the day but it did not seem long because your not hanging about there working on your flat out all day . Even though the girls were local and could not understand me we very quickly connected and had a laugh most of the day which was nice . If I ever need to then I’m definitely going back . The results in a week are incredible and I’m so pleased , Only thing I would def recommend is if your having a lot of hair transplanted then may be ask can you stay there a third night as the transplants heal very fast and an extra day I think I would have felt better before coming back home . Overall I’m very very pleased Steven"
GetHair is rated 4.93 based on 189 reviews