GetHair Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read GetHair Reviews

ask@gethair.co.uk

10, Barley Mow Passage Suite 2S.04, London

Tell us how GetHair made you happy
Stephen A
Did a lot of research before finally choosing GetHair and wasn't disappointed. It wasn't just the results (which were so good after 1 session I returned for a second session to finish the job, see photos) but the end to end care that was provided from arrival in Istanbul to departure. Everyone from the collection drivers to the clinic staff were very diligent and took care of all needs and concerns, the hotel facilities were great too. I have no hesitation in recommending GetHair and Dr Tayfun.
GetHair 5 star review on 12th May 2019
Very good and supportive service from first enquiry, travel and surgery and beyond. Kaan my support was always on hand to answer any questions
I started to research GetHair transplant back in 2019, after a recommendation from a friend that had his transplant with GetHair. I had to delay scheduling a date due to COVID until April 2022. The communication that was provided prior to going, could not have been better. The process from arriving in Turkey to returning was very professional, could not fault the coordination, the Hotel, the process, the Doctor and entire medical staff. Glad that I selected GetHair !!!
From start to finish i feel safe, Dr T and his team very attentive and professional. And to Mr. Kaan thank you very much for the info that i need before and after operation.
I was in Istanbul for a short trip and was impressed at the number of people that were taking the opportunity to travel to Istanbul for a hair transplant. Certainly, I have viewed some of the results as amazing. I selected Gethair after visiting them in person [Consultant]. They were able to see me almost immediately for a face to face consultation, which proved very convincing. I was in Istanbul for a short trip and was impressed at the number of people that were taking the opportunity to travel to Istanbul for a hair transplant. Certainly, I have viewed some of the results as amazing. After some online research and reading reviews, I selected Gethair after visiting them in person [Dr Ilker Apaydin]. Gethair were able to see at very short notice for a face to face consultation, which proved very convincing. After questions had been answered satisfactorily, I opted for a procedure in the coming weeks. The whole process was very smooth end to end. From the stay at the plush hotel to the professionalism and dedication of the staff. And of course, Istanbul is ideal for food and culture. The experience was complete in just under two days including travel from the UK. I was transferred from the airport to the hotel in very little time. I had a good night's rest before attending the clinic. Again promptly greeted in person, and given all the necessary instruction in advance by Leila and Irem. The procedure lasted several hours and was largely smooth. There is some minor discomfort with any surgical intervention, but the staff were very organised and excellent. It was clear there was plenty of experience on show. I was happy and comfortable at the end of the day. I had an additional night's stay, before returning the next day in the afternoon. Of course, I was given the required medication and have followed the extensive guidance to the full. I would fully recommend Gethair, and visiting in person if the opportunity allows.
Had crown and front of my hair line down by GetHair after a consultation with Stuart in London. Flew the Turkey and 2 days later was back in london with my new hair. The needles were painful but other than that a good experience. Really happy with the results and would recommend GetHair to anyone looking to get their hair back!!
GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022 GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022 GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022 GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022 GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022 GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022 GetHair 5 star review on 16th February 2022
Your hair transplant is in the safe hands of Dr. Ilker! Overall, starting from initial contact with GetHair, up until now (1 week after transplant) the experience has been great. The response from Dr. Ilker as well as the support staff (including Mr. Aksoy, Ms. Irem, Ms. Laila) have been just fantastic. I hope that the surgery brings positive results as well. So far so good. But too early to get the result part filled in. But, feeling good overall. No setbacks so far in terms of any pain, swelling, rashes or anything that you would associate with a procedure like this. So, couldn't be happier. Issue: Have been losing hair for some time. For a person who had such dense and thick hair; to end up being bald on the frontal area was painful and stressful to look at the mirror. Choosing the right centre: My friend had done it successfully a couple of years back. His recommendation as well as my research led me to believe in Dr. Ilker's centre in Turkey. I got in touch with the contact in the UK; and the rest is history as some would say. Everything went well. Booking and Surgery: The booking process and the procedure details were shared with me in advance. The contact in London helped me to get all the required details before I went ahead with the booking. The reassuring approach with confidence helped me to make my decision. I opted for the best date that worked for me. Trip and Procedure: Trip to Turkey during this pandemic period was always going to be tricky. But, the organising team at GetHair made sure everything goes as per the plan. I was picked up from the airport; got into the hotel. Room was good clean and with nice facilities. And it was very close to the clinic. Next morning, I was picked up on time. Went to the clinic. The tasks were performed like a well oiled machine. Consultation with Dr. Ilker, clarifications needed to reassure me again; and then got my hair trimmed on the donor area. The new hairline was drawn. The procedure started at 8:15 AM. It went on for about 6 hours; and the end result was that I got around 3700 follicles transplanted. and I had time to have a good meal of my choice as well. The team explained the medication that I should take for that night as well as subsequent days/weeks/months. They dropped me back at the hotel. Next morning, I was told to go back to the clinic to get the donor area bandage removed. I hired a taxi and went with another patient who was staying in the same hotel, to the clinic. They removed the bandage, washed the donor and recipient areas. Gave the full dose of medication that I had pre-ordered to take with me. Collected them and got back to the hotel by walk. Reached home safe and sound; and throughout the period until I write this review; the team in Turkey as well as in the UK have been very proactive in replying to my queries promptly. And the progress made so far gives me full confidence that I would get near normal hairline that I used to have some 10 years back. It may not be as thick as the natural hairline; but the mirror image does give me some confidence to stop looking at my receding hairline, instead start looking at my face, in another 6-7 months' time. Could not be happier with Dr. Ilker and his team. I would hope that the good vibes I have been receiving since the procedure translates into a great hairline that would last for 20-25 years. I would recommend this centre for anyone who has lost their hairline and are now reluctant to look at themselves in the mirror. I hope to get back to this review site and provide before and after photos of my hairline in another 7-8 months from now.
It's important to keep in mind that GetHair is an agency that deals with multiple hair transplant surgeons. So the quality of your result will depend mostly on the doctor you go with. I had a HT with Dr. Apaydin and he absolutely butchered my hair. I would avoid him at all costs. He only does the "incisions" and leaves the extractions/implantations to the nurses/techs who ripped a big bald spot in the back of my head (the "donor zone"). This was b/c they didn't space the extractions since they were rushing. The whole surgery was "rushed." And most of the 2,250 grafts extracted were damaged b/c only 750 grafts survived in the recipient area leaving me with ridiculously low density of 25grafts/per sqcm (great doctors will give you 50, average doctors will give you at least 40, poor doctors 35). After seeing other reviews of this doctor here, I can see I'm not alone. "Nick C" wrote "Many follicles transplanted do not appear to have grown, which suggests that they were damaged during the removal procedure from the donor region." Yep, same happened with me. Nearly 70% (!) of the extracted hairs did not survive. At least before the HT my receding temples looked natural, now it's just an unnatural mess b/c of the low density. To be clear, it's not the agency's fault. But you must choose your doctor wisely. Oh one last thing. You won't know your results until at least 6 months post-op so I would recommend waiting that long until you post a review.
Had my transplant done about 7 weeks ago in Chicago. Kaan was super informative and very quick to get back to me. He was more about trying to give me the best advice rather than charge me as much as possible. Dr. Aranas and his team were friendly and professional. Made me feel very comfortable during the procedure and was available after the procedure to answer my many annoying calls. The hotel was great only wish it was closer to the city but I wouldn’t have had the time to do anything after the procedure anyway. The whole process was smooth and credible, too early to discuss results but I’m hoping for the best!
A shockingly bad experience and result. Having now been to Istanbul three times at three different clinics I feel that I have full experience of what to expect in Istanbul. Gethair gave me a very unnatural hairline with multi hair grafts in the hairline leaving a "dolls head" appearance. The second clinic which apparently I can't name were half the price and improved things and the third clinic finished things off and were by far the best. DO NOT GO TO GETHAIR. There are much better options out there.
I’ve been struggling with hair loss since I was in college. As a younger adult, now 28, I was unsure what my options were and how I could maintain my youth before it receded away. Being based in USA, everyone at GetHair helped to educate me about the process, comfort me during stressful times and check on me up until now, a year+ after my procedure. I cannot express how much better I feel, how much more mental space I have thanks to GetHair and Dr. Tayfun. They completely restored my hairline and my confidence. I’m proud to pull my hair back for the first time since I was a kid. The process itself was very smooth. I was nervous, at first, but once I arrived to Istanbul for my surgery day, everyone was extremely kind and empathetic. Recovery was exactly as they described. They prepared me well with information and medicines to assist in the healing process. About 6 months after the procedure was when I first noticed new growth and now at 13 months, I’m beyond satisfied. I’ve recommended GetHair to many of my friends and will now to anyone reading this. They’ve the real deal. You won’t regret it.
GetHair 5 star review on 22nd October 2021 GetHair 5 star review on 22nd October 2021
Great services and very happy with the result.
My brother and I both underwent an FUE hair transplant in August 2018, through GetHair performed by Dr Ilker Apaydin and colleagues, and I must say I am bitterly disappointed with the results. Initial observations concluded that the condition of the hair was around stage 5 on the Norwood scale. Therefore, the aim derived by the surgical team was to cover the frontal and anterior mid regions of the scalp, leaving the vertex (crown) area for a later time. Post-treatment, the transplanted follicles appeared to be densely arranged, and it was expected to grow into dense thick hair with a large scalp coverage. However, over the past 3 years, there has been no improvement, and in fact, there has been a decline in the thickness and density of my hair. Many follicles transplanted do not appear to have grown, which suggests that they were damaged during the removal procedure from the donor region. As a consequence of these poor results, I decided to undertake further treatment at a clinic in the UK. Upon inspection, I was informed that the donor region of my hair was damaged by the use of an enlarged extractor, consequently leading to scarring of the tissue and patches in the hair. Furthermore, I was informed that an excessive number of follicles were removed from the donor region, suggesting follicles were damaged during the extraction process or not planted. Subsequently, the entire recipient area should have had a dense coverage, if all follicles developed and grew as expected. This would have prevented the need for further treatment in the future. I would not recommend anyone to undertake treatment through this clinic if you are wanting successful long-term results.
Hi Nick, Unfortunately, you were one of these patients who experienced a very aggressive hair loss at a very young age. As we mentioned to you before, the hair transplant does NOT stop the hair loss and any patient who is still suffering from hair loss should take an additional step to stop/control hair loss. After examining your most recent photos, we can confidently conclude that most of our complaints are related to further loss of your existing hairs but not the hair transplant. As you know with a hair transplant, we are limited to the number of grafts we can safely extract, in your case it was approximately 3600. We focused these to the front and the top sections and agreed to leave the crown for another time. We stated in your initial consultation report that "due to your advanced hair loss you should consider a second operation to increase the overall density." When you and your brother made a promotional video for us 12 months after your operation both of your results were very good. Unfortunately, you still had lots of native (non implanted hair) remaining which have since shed. We cannot implant on top or too close to existing native hair so if this continues to shed then your hair will inevitably look thinner. Hair transplant results generally take 12-16 months and not 3 years. All the implanted hair you had after 12 months are still present, it is the existing hair on top which you have lost. From viewing your donor region it's not obvious that you have had an operation and that is what we aim for at the end of the day. If you have seen real cases of over harvesting, then it is plainly obvious from viewing with the naked eye and no reputable clinic would consider another operation following this. You can see from your before and after photos below that the new implanted hair has grown as expected but the native hair has since shed further. Your hair loss is very aggressive unfortunately and we are limited to what we can achieve in one session, we were always open about this from day one and we stated this clearly in your report.
I can confidently give Gethair 5 stars I had been researching for a couple of years for a hair transplant but didn’t feel confident enough to go with a certain company untill discovered Gethair! I got in contact with Gethair and was welcomed by Stuart who made the whole experience a breeze. He was very informative and communicative which gave you confidence in the company going forward. They looked after me from start to finish with updated information. A driver will be at the airport to pick you up and take you to Gethair and they will drop you back to the airport when it’s time to return home! I couldn’t fault the staff, treatment or the cost of the service. It was second to none I’m very happy with the end result and the service that was provided I would like to take this opportunity quickly to say a huge thanks to Stuart, Dr Tayfun and the team from his staff members to the drivers. I would recommend Get Hair to anyone in a heartbeat Chris
GetHair 5 star review on 3rd April 2021 GetHair 5 star review on 3rd April 2021
I'm 6 months in post op and I couldn't be happier, I have a full head of hair and apparently there's more to come! The whole booking process was seamless, informative and not pushy at all. It felt covid safe and Istanbul was in general, the op was in Sept 2020. Highly recommend.
There is no greater feeling than when you carry out lots of research into something and you get what your lead to believe and more!. Fantastic customer service and a seamless business model, all reinforced by only using the very best hair transportation surgeons.
The level of service I received from Stuart throughout was simply fantastic. We'd had to cancel and reschedule due to the Covid restrictions and it was as simple as making a call and it was done. I had a number of hurdles to jump through personally and as a result I had to make numerous calls to Stuart at all hours on many occasions and each call was met with empathy and professionalism. A the clinic itself I was talked through the process and a lady literally sat with me throughout to explain what was happening and to put me at constant ease (which she did throughout). A great team on both sides of the water and I would highly recommend. Gary
From start to finish the service, communication and professionalism of the company has been superb. It’s a huge decision for any man to decide to go through with such a procedure, especially overseas. After extensive research, I decided on Dr T and I am so happy I did. The hotel was great, the taxi driver was always on time. I was in and out within 4 hours and before I knew it I was home and recovering well. Fast forward 6 months and my hair is thicker than ever and I feel so much more confident. Best decision I have made and I know there is more growth to come! Invest in yourself!!
Stuart handled the process professionally from beginning to end. He helped deal with any worries and concerns that i had. Having contacted other firms i was left unsure as the information that they presented was unclear and not very reassuring. Having a point of contact in the UK was also a huge factor in choosing GetHair over many other clinics as you have someone to deal with when you return home. If you are thinking of getting a hair transplant then i would 100% recommended using GetHair.
Great professional service, always there for me by phone or email, and kept me informed throughout. Great team at the clinic in istanbul. Can't do enough for you and felt looked after all the way through. The procedure was pain free and the after care was very good. I can highly recommend this company.
GetHair 5 star review on 23rd December 2020
(London) - Posted 1 year ago
I decided to proceed with FUE after about 8 years of very slow hair loss. I had 2 friends who had travelled to Turkey with the same clinic and I felt confident enough from their results to proceed. However when I engaged with and learned more about that clinic, the more I noticed two things: 1) The consultations felt more like a sales pitch. 2) None of their "technicians" were qualified surgeons registered with the ISHRS. I then decided to search for members of the ISHRS in Turkey and found GetHair and Dr Apayden, My subsequent conversations with the London based consultant were very matter or fact and provided "warts and all" information. The process of submitting photos and organising the trip was very simple and I was able to secure an appointment for the following month. All pre travel guidance was very clear and prior to travel I was handed over to an Istanbul based contact. On arrival I was initially unable to find my transfer at the designated area, however this was quickly resolved by my contacts even though it was late in the day. I was transported to my hotel in a rather aged "pimp wagon" which was kind of fun, apart for the fact the the driver took me to the middle of some Instanbul suburb to change driver. So the journey was longer than normal which wasn't ideal after the flight, plus I had no idea where we were. The hotel was ok, a bit shabby but it did the job it was intended to do. The menu for room service was limited and but the staff were extremely attentive. On the day of the operation everything was seamless. Picked up on time by my contact who was charming and stayed with me making small talk for most of the day. The consultation with the Dr was brief but thorough and I left confident he had identified all my concerns. This was interesting for me as I had a pretty full head of hair with some frontal thinning that most other people never notice, but the Dr saw it. I felt no real pain through the procedure, was given a good lunch and the clinic was clean and professional with a thorough post op consultation. Since then I have been 3 points of contact for ongoing consultation, including the Dr and they have responded swiftly to my constant badgering. Point to note: 1) I chose the top price option that had the maximum involvement for Dr Apaydin, which meant he would do all the incisions and most of the extractions. This transpired however the Dr only carried out about 25% of the extractions. The technicians then carry out the remainder and then all the implants. I can understand why as this is a laborious and administrative task as the incisions (which I presume is the important bit) had already be made. But it therefore feels like the Drs involvement was minumul so manage your expectations if you chose this option. I would however still rather have this option than another and I'm glad I chose it. 2) The nursing staff speak very little English, so giving instruction or asking questions is very difficult. 3) During Covid you have to wear a mask. Lying on your front with a mask on for 3 hours is very uncomfortable. 4) My face as swollen up like I just went the distance with Tyson and the back of my head is still very sore. This may not happen to all but its day 7 for me now and I'm still suffering. Be prepared. All in all Im very glad so far with my choice. The work looks clean and tidy and I would recommend to friends and family.
GetHair is rated 4.86 based on 430 reviews