GetHair Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend GetHair

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.04
10 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

How would you rate GetHair ?

This review is being investigated by the Reviews.co.uk team

This review may breach our terms and conditions.

"Stuart Cumming and his team do an impeccable job of ensuring the process is seamless from pre sale right through to the after care. They use the best consultants in the industry and that makes the difference. Added to this the logistics are planned to perfection, flights, hotels, communications, food, taxi's are all first class. I would highly recommend them to anyone."
"I had been thinking about a hair transplant for quite a while now but didn’t really fancy paying the high prices in the UK. I had often heard about turkey being ahead in the hair transplant field so decided to research this further. I came across gethair.co.uk and researched their surgeons and was pleased to see how much they have invested in this field. You often hear of horror stories with people going abroad so it was important for me that I went to the best. And I feel I have done this. From the beginning of my journey till end all my worries had been put at ease by the great communication and care taken by the team at gethair. It all started with Stuart, who is based at an office in London. For me this was also good as it also put my mind at ease tha should I have any concerns at any point there is a UK contact. He was able to answer all my questions and provide me with all the information regarding the procedure. I was pleased with the surgeons report and booked my appointment. I decided to arrive in Istanbul a few days earlier to do some sight seeing (very strongly recommended). This also allowed me to relax before the procedure. Leila, who is the patient coordinator, contacted me a couple of days before to let me know about all the arrangements. She arranged for me to be picked up and dropped off at the hotel. The hotel is nice and had everything you would need from a short stay. I was met by Leila at the hotel on the morning of the surgey and she took me to the hospital where I met the team. Everyone was great and very professional. Dr Apaydin is very skilled and made me feel very comfortable and insafe hands. The procedure took a long time, I had 3942 grafts which took 12 hours with breaks. It was tiring but all I had in mind was the end result. Afterwards Leila gave me all the medication and shampoo and explained fully what I needed to do. She is very knowledgeable and really takes care of you. Her and Stuart still keep in touch to check everything is going ok. The aftercare is great. I am really pleased with what has been done and really looking forward to the result. I would strongly recommend gethair for anyone considering a hair transplant."
"I had a 3500 graft procedure with Get hair, after doing extensive research they were the clinic I wanted to trust with this procedure, I wasn't wrong, Everything went better than I could have expected, Dr.Ilker was superb and his team were amazing on the day. The aftercare was superb and nothing was too much trouble. I highly recommend if you are looking for a hair transplant you just book it with this company, you will not be disappointed."
"The service and amenities were excelent and all my questions were answered very promtly. The customer service and the whole team are very friendly and go out of thair way to make you feel as comftable as posible. I was very happy with the whole experiance and would not hasitate recomending Them to my friends. The only thing that I would change is some better hat that can be worn for the first 14 days and prefarably with no advertising on it."
"Hair transplant is a stressful ordeal in many ways like Money, Time, success factors, sacrifices. One must do plenty of research on first if they should go for one and if so which one [FUE or FUT]. If you have decided FUE then research on all different surgeries across the world [Why not right!!!]. This is what I did and came across Get Hair. Turkey based but office in London is not assuring enough on many things like accountability and quality. Once i ruled out all other clinics I started researching more about Get Hair and I was in for a surprise. It was too good to be true so i was tentative still. I contacted them a year before i decided to go ahead with them. Had a few conversations, went through their websites and then deiced to go for a consultation which was free. I had an option of going in to London or send pictures over and i chose the latter. I received the report the next day as promised [Again another positive surprise]. It was clear and based on Grafts. I questioned the need for so many grafts etc for which i got satisfying responses. But this was still not enough for me to make a decision. So I went into a UK clinic in Bristol for a consultation. It was a great clinic, posh ambience etc but the price given was 31/2 time more than Gethair. After multiple deliberation I finally made the decision and went ahead. Contacted after a gap of few months but the communication was seamless. I paid my advance and i was set. I was given immediate receipt and instructions about the surgery and how to prepare. Once the arrangements were made [Like airport pickup based on my flight, 2 night 4 star Hotel, drop back to airport] the day finally came. I landed in Istanbul and my driver was where I was told. I was taken to the hotel with all comforts. Hotel check in smooth and communication on what to do on the day, what not to do, when to expect the driver next day was clear and concise [Again positive surprise]. I had a nice sleep. Woke the next day, had my breakfast and driver was on time. Reached the place which was a state of the art Hospital [Never expected that!!] and the clinic was in 8th floor. Paper formalities was done with and I was taken straight in. I met the doctor himself [Dr. Tayfun] who explained few things, drew my future hairline and was taken to a hair cut. This was followed by the actual surgery which was explained by an assistant in English in each step on what to expect. The surgery took 3 hours in total for me to put local anesthesia, make insertions, remove from donor and finally plant the hair. Donor area was bandaged and it was a combined effort of a doctor, a assistant and about 4-5 nurses [Dare I say they were all beautiful :)] Jokes apart all of them were absolutely professional. I had no complaints, nothing what so ever [Surprised again]. Post my surgery I was given instructions on what to expect that day and when to meet next day. Next day came and i check out, went for post op check. I was given a hair wash after removing a bandage. Then started a brief lecture [No offense Nasimi] by the patient coordinator on detailed day wise steps, what medicines to take, when to take, what precautions to follow when sleeping, how to use their lotion etc. I was given a lot of stuff which I think would be charged in many clinics in UK. I was dropped of the airport on time. I was surprised in the airport as i saw about 25-30 people with head like me [Bald, with black bands :)]. The transition between the patient coordinator in UK and Turkey was seamless. There could be multiple clinics in Turkey but I believe GetHair [Dr T in UK] is the best among all if not in the world. Read the reviews in the website, external sites and particularly Youtube. There are video reviews. I would highly recommend it. My customer service from UK is still continuing tremendously so you are in good hands."
"Really good service from start to finish. Great job very happy with the results so far. Great team out in turkey and Stuart from london. Would definitely recommend get hair."
"It just 10 days since my operation, so as you can gather I have long way to go. So far I am making good progress. I have a new hairline and and both areas( donor and recipient areas ) are healing nicely. I look forward with anticipation to see how my hair grows. Hopefully it all be good result. I want to thank Stuart in the UK and Dr Ilker Apaydin and his team for being so nice and helpful. I recommend Get Hair as top quality professional company to anyone thinking of getting a hair transplant. Istanbul is beautiful city and a great choice as location of this procedure done. I will give a further reviews and updates in coming months. Thank you Get Hair."
"I started noticing significant hair loss at the frontal region of my head when I was 26/27 and so this year I decided I was going to do something about it as for me personally I was too young to be going bald :) I found Gethair online merely through a google search for "hair transplants turkey" after looking at many other websites I found gethair's to be most professional website and from the online chat feature I started my consultation with Stuart who was very helpful and straightforward. 6 weeks later I was on a plane to Istanbul. when I arrived at the airport I was a long time getting through passport check and was worried my Driver wouldn't be there waiting for me but just as described in the emails from Gethair my Driver was waiting for me at the exact location mentioned and with my name on a banner. The hotel was beautiful, 5 star rating! very reasonable room service prices + food was very nice. On the day of the operation I was picked up exactly at the time they told me. When I arrived at the Medistate hospital (3 min drive) I was asked to go to the 8th floor where I met my English Interpreter who went through some details with me and a consent form. I then met the Surgeon who marked my new hair line with a Blue marker and showed me this in a mirror. The operation itself is not painful as your head is numb with local Anathestic. the most painful part of the operation is the anesthetic needles at the back of the head as this is the most sensitive part of the head and cannot be avoided of course :). The best advice I would give is to prepare yourself mentally for the operation as you are awake. for me personally I was a little bit anxious at the start due to nerviousness but its only natural. the operation was a success and before I left the hospital I was given all medication required ( Anti Swell meds, Antibiotics, Pain killers). The next morning I was picked up again on time and brought back to the hospital for Post OP care. the nurse was gentle washing the donor area and transplanted area. I was giving anti hair loss shampoo and Lotion to wash my hair with for the next 14 days. The Interpreter explained exactly when I should start washing my hair/ how to wash and what NOT to do for the next few months in order to maximize my hair repair/growth All in all I would say I had a very good experience with Get Hair so far. ( 1 week since my operation) . I will be posting pictures of my new transplanted area progress after 14 days, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months so it feels like Gethair is not just concerned with the Operation itself beforehand but the progress of my hair transplant which is very reassuring :)"
"Great service from start to finish."
"Get hair Turkey are brilliant. Very professional right from the start. Stuart was more than helpful answering all of my questions in the lead up to deciding to go ahead and book the procedure. I was put up in a stunning 5 star hotel for the procedure which is 2 mins from the clinic. Drivers were all on time and friendly during small trips to and from hotel to clinic and also to airport. Clinic itself is so clean and modern. On the day of the procedure I was collected at 8.25am and taken to clinic. I met the staff and my English speaking interpreter (who’s English is perfect) I can’t remember the girls name, apologies! But she was so helpful and talked me through the plan for the procedure. I then met Dr Tayfun and we went through how he planned to proceed and drew the lines on my head as to where new hair line will be. All of the staff and nurses were friendly and I had my English speaking interpreter during the whole procedure telling me exactly what was happening and seeing how I felt etc. The procedure itself was painless, being awake whilst they operate is a strange sensation but it was not painful and they make you as comfortable as possible. The only slight pain experienced is when getting the local anaesthetic injected but other than that its fine. There is some music on the TV in the background to help you relax. The procedure flew by and before I knew it, it had finished. I was then cleaned up and given the check over to see if I was ok and some food and a drink before being dropped home to hotel to relax for the rest of the day in the hotel. Trying to sleep that night was very uncomfortable but that’s to be expected as the donor area and new hair area are bandaged and sensitive. The following morning I was collected again and taken to the clinic for an aftercare session. My head was washed and bandages changed. I then received a full after care plan including lotions, shampoos, painkillers and anti-biotics along with a clear plan of how to use them all over the next 2 weeks to which I have done before being then dropped directly to the airport with some time to spare, all very calm and stress free. The days following the procedure were a bit uncomfortable in terms of trying to sleep but it gets easier after about 3 or 4 days as it starts to heal. I’m now at nearly 4 weeks since procedure and transplanted hair on to new area has begun to fall out (this is part of the process) and the donor area has completely healed. I’m looking forward to seeing the results in the coming weeks and months. I would thoroughly recommend get hair Turkey to anybody. Extremely professional throughout and is cheaper than most places elsewhere in Europe."
"My experience with GetHair was very good. I was consulted quickly and provided with a vast amount of information about the procedure and formalities. The surgery ran swiftly, pain free, with only rare discomfortable periods. The doctor and his fellow staff were very professional and spoke very good English. Straight after the surgery, clear post-op instructions were given, such as what to do in the following days and weeks. A few weeks later, my hair is looking really good and I still remain in frequent contact with the GetHair team, as they are keen to keep track of progress. Overall I would definitely recommend GetHair to anyone that suffers from male pattern baldness as it is affordable, they are very organised and I anticipate good results."
"Genuinely impressed with the service. Everything ran like clockwork from the moment that I picked up at the airport. The hotel was fantastic and only a minute or so from the hospital. Dr Tayfun doesn't talk much, but your co-ordinator explains every step of the process as you go through it. Like an idiot I booked my flight back for the next day, not realising that I needed to go back for the washing and my lotions, but the nurses came in early to just see me. Excellent service! It is too early to tell my results yet, but I can feel little hairs where previously there were none. If I was to say one thing that was annoying (tiny groan) the hat they gave me to fly home in said "DR T HAIR TRANSPLANT" s there was no keeping the secret when travelling home! I would genuinely recommend anyone thinking of going to Turkey to used get hair."
"The company is approachable and reliable. Queries are dealt with promptly and professionally and I had no problems from my initial consultation to post-op care. The clinic used in Istanbul is faultless and I would highly recommend to people thinking of a hair transplant getting in touch with this company"
"My name is Chris and I am from Ireland. My hair loss was always an issue for me but got more serious in the last few years. It was like a secret I didn’t want anyone to know for fear they would laugh at me or not take me seriously. My hair loss was not only a sign of aging but also a major problem when it came to hair style. I hated haircuts because it was all about concealing the high forehead area. The whole thing was stressful and I was never happy with the result. If too short I had a high forehead and I hated that look. I could see my whole face change and I didn’t like it because I could never get the hair style I wanted. As time went on I glanced at information online on hair loss products which were very very expensive and the thoughts of using them for the rest of my life put me off. There was so much mixed information on the web it was confusing. I got the impression the positive results from these products alone was just clever marketing to exaggerate results and sell hair products. Of course I looked at hair transplants but they were way too expensive for me so I ruled it out. Then one day I came across a report about a journalist in the UK who got a transplant in Turkey with Dr. Tayfun. He put his story in the paper which showed the clinic was reputable and could be trusted as they were open enough to do a public story on it so I felt it was a safe and reputable hospital and team. The internet is full of horror stories about surgeries abroad that went wrong so at the back of my mind I was scared of this happening. The main turning point for me was the price. When I contacted ‘gethair’ all I had to do was send pictures online and get an estimate. When it came back a day later I was so happy to see that the price was realistically within my grasp. This was the last obstacle to getting the hair transplant. The first step was contacting Sturat and Samar at gethair and they were always at hand to answer any question. The easiest part was the consultation. All I had to do was take a few photos and email them to the doctor who determined the level of procedure I needed. I got a return mail with the estimated price and was amazed it was so affordable. The price was important because I am an ordinary person without a big salary. The affordable price meant this procedure was put within my reach and I could finally get my hair loss addressed. Most of us want to keep our hair and don’t want to lose it. Some just accept hair loss regardless of the blow to self-esteem but because it was so affordable I knew I didn’t have to accept it. Dr. Tayfun and his team gave me an affordable solution. The whole process worked without compromising my health or safety or budget. Once a deposit was paid I decided on a suitable date and headed off to Istanbul for few days. The best thing was nobody knew except my partner who came with me. I was met by a great driver at the airport who brought me to the hotel to settle in. It was very comfortable and served us food in our room when we wanted it. The cost was amazing it was so low. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Next day the driver was waiting in the lobby and we headed off to the clinic to meet the doctor to begin the procedure. From the start all the information was upfront clear and understandable. It was a top class hospital in a lovely scenic district. The procedure itself is painless and the nurses were great and always checked if I was ok and comfortable. It was a very fast procedure with no pain. It was a strange sensation but the time passed easily. After the procedure I was bandaged on the donor area and driven back to the hotel to rest. The next day I went back to the clinic for a hair wash to clean the area and remove the bandage. Then medication and instructions were given and it was done. It was simple to follow the doctor’s advice and back home it was easy to wash and apply the lotion while healing. The best part is how discreet the whole thing was. Even going through the airport the lady at the desk understood I was slow to remove my hat for security when I told her I got a procedure. She smiled and said it was ok and that was it. I did not want people seeing me even though it was not that noticeable. It was just that I was self-conscious and thankfully I didn’t have to take my cap off anywhere. It’s been two weeks since I had to procedure and all is well. I know It will take time for my own hair to grow back but I am much more relaxed now because I am not losing my hair but instead looking forward to it growing. That feeling alone is priceless to me because my hair loss was more of an issue than I realised. In truth my self-esteem was very low and I never realised how seriously it affected my confidence. Now I feel much more positive about the future thanks to this whole experience. From the moment I contacted Stuart at ‘Gethair’ it was plain sailing with no unpleasant hidden surprises. The price was a major factor in deciding to go ahead being within reach of ordinary guys like myself. I can honestly say it’s been the best move I ever made. I’m so happy I contacted ‘gethair’ and Dr. Tayfun. We all hear stories about things that go wrong but this certainly not one of them. In fact it’s a great news story and I for one am delighted I got the procedure because I can face the future with a lot more confidence now. ‘Gethair’ did all the work for me with no hastle all along the way. I had nothing to worry about and even my partner came along and we had a great trip of a lifetime by staying an extra day and saw amazing sights in Istanbul. It is definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made and if I had known how easy it was I would have done it years ago. If you are thinking about a hair transplant go for it. Don’t wait and allow hair loss to bring you down. It can be fixed and it doesn’t cost a fortune."
"Hi, I had my hair transplant dane last week And I am very happy thanks to Dr. Tayfun and all the team very professional."
"I'm about 6 months in now & I have to say I am 100% satisfied, so happy! I was very nervous at first but team GetHair were all very professional and put my mind at ease. The momentum of my hair growth is incredible! All my friends & work colleagues are impressed too. 10/10! Thank you!"
"Hi there! I'm now in the 6th month of my hair transplant with Dr.Tayfun and his team, with GetHair and I'd like to leave a short and very honest review. Since the third month of my hair transplant my hair has been getting better and better, and I have had no pain or whatsoever. Now it's the 6th month and my hair already looks very good. I look great in pictures. I feel great. I'm looking forward to the progress to the 10/12 months period. I'm very happy how things have gone so far. And, I'm very happy I made a decision to have a hair transplant, and especially with Get Hair and Dr. Tayfun. Sincerely,"
"London office was accurate and quick with responses. Every detail described in the patient agreement was carried out. Upon arrival to Istanbul, a marvelous city; I was then in the very capable hands of Mel, who took care of all arrangements and scheduling, without fault. And what can I say about Dr. Ilker Apaydin? "Under Promised and Over Delivered". He and his medical staff were amazing. I could not be happier with he results."
"The most efficient, reliable and professional service for what may seem a major decision. Gethair were absolutely fantastic throughout the initial consultation up until the aftercare. The service has been fantastic and definitely recommended."
"So far my expereince with get hair has been great. The surgery and all the people at the clinic were very helpful and friendly. I think the levels of customer service are very high and I would reccomend them to anyone looking to get a hair transplant."
"I was extremely nervous about getting a hair transplant-especially going to Turkey. However, Get Hair were extremely professional. They provided all the information and asurities that I needed and true to their word everything went like clockwork. All the staff and facilities were as described and my procedure went exactly as detailed on the advisory notes. I would 100% recommend Get Hair. Only one thing I would point out. If travelling to Turkey from the UK don't forget to get a visa prior to travel."
GetHair is rated 4.93 based on 212 reviews