Hastings Direct Reviews

Hastings Direct have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

47% of reviewers recommend Hastings Direct
1 New Reviews Written
1 New Reviews Written
5PM
5PM

How would you rate Hastings Direct ?

"I would rate 0 if I could. Overall I have spent almost 2 hours between online chat and on the phone, STILL on the phone at this present moment may I add! All to add a temp car onto the policy. Absolutely shocking. Because I am not a new customer and not about to give them £200+ they mess you about and think you're a joke. Have also sent an email. DO NOT TAKE INSURANCE OUT WITH THESE JOKERS!!!!"
Posted 1 hour ago
"I cancelled my insurance after buying another car and their quote was rediculous. I had paid in full and was due a £500 refund. THIS HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED after nearly 1 month. They say it has been paid but refuse to give details of account it was paid to and get hung up on on both online chat and phone. THIS HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED!!!!"
"I’ve just taken out cover and need my insurance documents but they havnt even emailed me and it’s £3 a minute to call them to cancel !! Unbelievable even they’re chat says we’re busy try again later ..."
"Absolutely awful company to have any dealings with - one of their policy holders wrote off our car. After initially admitting fault quickly (which we thought was a good sign!) it has taken months to reach a resolution. Emails have been ignored, calls not returned (after waiting at least 45 minutes to get through each time) and they've even refused to pay that all important 20% on bills they're liable for.. guess who's left to foot that bill!! We certainly wouldn't even think about taking out a policy with Hastings and will pray we are never unfortunate enough to be involved with one of their policy holders again."
"Terrible customer service - impossible to get through to discuss renewal. Sent me 2 letters with different amounts on. E-mailed to complain and finally got a call back to say they would put me through to re-price my renewal as I had found one £100 cheaper with better terms. Put on hold again and then very rude advisor told me it would take 40 minutes to take my details which they already had! Had to leave for the school run so will have to start again. Needless to say I wouldn't recommend!"
"It's impossible to get through on the 'phone - having jumped through all the hoops then told "we are busy... etc and forced to listen to that awful music". Is a little customer service too much to ask for? "Thank you for holding blah blah etc and on and and on...."
"Policy taken out for daughter who was a full time student - she left school got a job, we informed Hastings who said underwriters could no longer underwrite policy. So we'd have to cancel and take out policy with new underwriter + £500 - total scam artists (be very very careful if you have to change details mid policy)"
"After several attempts to contact Hastings by the renewal number given - one over 25mins no answer One at 35mins which was answered only to be immediately cut off I have now decided not to renew. Come on Hastings your CUSTOMERS shouldn't have to wait more than 10mins to speak someone!! Just realised I still need to speak with someone to cancel. Ho I have a second policy coming up for renewal -guess what Won't be renewing that one either."
"Had car insurance with Likewise for years. Never had a problem with them until last year. I had paid for annual car insurance early September. I had two deaths in my family late September/early October, so I wasn't checking my bank account as much. January 2018 came around and I got a letter from the part of the DVLA saying I didn't have insurance. I phoned Likewise and they said I didn't have insurance with them even though I had the insurance certificate in front of me. I was asked on the phone if I had been breathalysed. I hadn't, even if I had I don't understand how they can stop insuring me unless I failed. I looked at my bank account and they had taken money out early September, about 7 weeks later they had put the money back into my account and not bothered to tell me. I didn't receive an email or letter from them saying why they gave me my money back. So I didn't have insurance for 2/3 months. Luckily I hadn't had an accident but that's not the point. Shocking! Who else has this been do to? I got insurance from Tesco. I won't be coming back to Likewise/Hastings Direct."
"Have tried phoning all day - no joy. Web chat useless. Increase in annual premium by 20% for no reason. Recommend get tending on social media about this company. Hit them where it hurts."
"Auto-renewal is painful to cancel. the Online Chat never functions and I lost over 30 mins of my life waiting to speak to a real person so I could cancel the auto-renewal. Not impressed"
"Hi. My wife has been a customer of Hastings for a number of years. And on her renewal they wanted double the amount she has never had an accident etc. On ringing Hastings we were kept waiting being promised a better deal? Any way in short i was over an hour on the telephone with cost over £14.00 with no result with a incompetent advisor"
"Just moved over to HD, insured both bike and car couple months back, had to add another driver to my car policy, called customer service, 0333 number, means I'm paying for that call, had to queue, so left phone hanging in queue, tried their website which advised use Live Chat, but no Live Chat button! After 42 minutes waiting, call answered, raised concerns on long wait and non existent Live Chat button, basically told they're busy being a Monday morning and non existent Live Chat button is because I'm using Google Chrome browser and not Explorer! No other reassurances forthcoming except I was advised to call later on the day and "hopefully" queue will be shorter! I'm really surprised how this company got so many Customer Service Awards. I now dread having to contact them again, will certainly move onto another company come renewal time next year."
"Returned from holiday to fund two letters in separate envelopes - both falsely dated - advising that our home insurance had been cancelled the day before we left, so our home was uninsured whilst we were away - disgraceful. I am complaining to the financial conduct authority."
"AVOID Worst customers service I have every received. Had issues from start to finish for the entire year: I changed the car policy on my policy and promises were made in regards to the cost, Hastings then went back on this and I was met with a very rude employee over the phone. Eventually they decided to give me a £50 good will gesture after an hour of discussion. A few months past and I received a cancellation warning saying I owed £50 which related to the above mentioned gesture, I contacted hastings and they confirmed it was a mistake and it would be taken off. Later that week I then recieved cancellation confirmation and hastings had cancelled my policy, I then rang hastings waited on hold and was then hung up on. I then had to call up again to resolve this. Finally when my policy came to end it was automatically renewed and money taken from my account after I explicitly told hastings I didnt want to renew with them. So if you value your time and don't want to be on hold and having to contact them repeatedly avoid this company at all costs!"
"worst company AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"got new classic car,they said they could not insure it, so they cancelled policy and then told me they would not charge me for cancellation,flaming cheek,told i would get ncd proof within 10 days,did not still waiting,tried phoning them always busy,most likely dealing with complaints,when i started policy they took my money within seconds,anything you want dont bother phoning because by time they answer your policy will have run out,incompetent,unhelpful,idiots,AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"I've been with Hastings for 5 years and not once have I had to make a claim. Had the same car for those 5 years and each year the renewal quote went down, making it a hell of a lot easier for me and money saving as well. Being a young driver at the time. Alas, I can count on one hand the amount of times that I've ring them, all being for the renewal quote. Of which they've either matched or beaten if I've found a better one else where. So in a way, they are good. However, when I bought a new car, 30 days leading up to the end of my policy, because the old one was needless to say, costing me more to run and keep than what it was worth. They told me, that I had to pay nearly £80 to change the vehicle on the policy and furthermore lose my no claims bonus, of which I had protected, for that year. And then I'd have to pay over £500 for the renewal quote, all of which will happen within 30 days. I'd expected possibly £25 for admin fees but no. In the end, after shopping around and having the patience of a Saint, it was easier and cheaper to take out a separate policy for the new car. As everywhere I looked, the cheapest quote was with Hastings. I dread to think, touch wood, that if a day comes when I have to make a claim, that it won't cost me an arm and a leg or be just as stressful. Needless to say, if you want to change your car, no matter how far into you policy you are, don't or be expected to pay more."
"Try contacting them! It's impossible to speak to anyone. They also keep your card details so they can take payments...AVOID"
"Awful and Out of Order Price Rises..Avoid! Awful and out of order... greedy without limits not considering if you have over 20 years No Claims or if you are a professional driver and drive for a living, they don't care if you have installed a 24/7 camera on board and actually tried to add as much as they wanted on my vehicle mileage. They con me on the car this year adding me extra £200 on top of £395 but didn't manage to con me on my motorbike as I have CANCELLED with these and found elsewhere almost 3 times cheaper..! As your years grow with these jokers BROKERS they double you insurance for no reason, I wander what will happen if you have an accident and even if is not your fault...you'll end up homeless perhaps. So last year as an example my Bike insurance was £150, this year went up to £235. Mr Broker... My salary didn't go up 40% from one year to another. - If you drove a Van for the last 2 years still insured with them then YOU WILL loose your 20 years NO CLAIMS bonus on your car..wow..!!! The Van still drives on the road and is still a car since is an MPV classed they changed my clames on papers to "0" so they can charge hundreds more..!!! My car insurance will end up soon and I am don with them 4 ever...!!! Goodbye Greedy Brokers..!!! PLEASE GO SEARCH ON-LINE IF NEED INSURANCE, DON'T JUST PAY FOR WHATEVER THEY ASK... they call themselves ADVANTAGE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED..."
Hastings Direct is rated 2.91 based on 1,577 reviews