Hastings Direct Reviews

Read Hastings Direct Reviews

Tell us how Hastings Direct made you happy
Extent
100&
Really a frustrated customer. After purchasing a policy through compare the market I keep getting emails requesting more information. I send in the information and no one gets back to me. Then I get an email that my policy price has increased by £0.22 and they will be charging a £30 admin fee for that. Its ridiculous. The live chat never works. No one responds by email. All i keep getting is automated threatening emails that my policy will be cancelled if I dont send in the info but I have sent in the info. Stay away from this company.
Good price, easy find
I have been with Hastings for 6 months now and looking to change my car over soon. I dealt with Susan Kim Teagle who was very helpful, patient and clear with the costs of changing over. Very pleased with the service!
I added another car to my policy. It was nice and straightforward. Everything was made easy to understand.
Areally easy website to use, I got a really competitive price this year. Had a small issue whereby I had to contact their customer services, my call was answered promptly and the advisor dealt with problem straight away. Great service.
I decided to not to re-new the policy as it was too expensive with this company, did as requested, made the phone call to advise, yet money still taken from bank and poor excuse given by call handler about not knowing the policy had been cancelled. I can give exactly the date of the 45 minute phone call to Hastings direct. Was on hold for most of the 45 minutes and then the operator trying to price match but could not achieve this.
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you email socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com and we'll do all we can to help.

~Elle
Rey easy to navigate online and excellent prices.
Tried to e-mail them to advise I was starting new policy with Hastings Premier from renewal date, but auto email advises to contact by telephone - which would cost.
Hi William,

I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with this. We do not charge for phone calls but your phone provider may, please email our team on socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com or call 0333 321 9790.

~Elle
Good price for cover required, easy to use website and simple to understand with all info
Good, easy to cover your needs and wants
Good offer
I asked for a post of the documents for the car and have never received them. If you wish to telephone then the price per minute is extortionate. Will not go with this company again. Take into account I have requested these documents three times.
Hi Christine, I apologise for any delay. I can see the documents were posted on the 7th April 2021, these normally take 7-10 working days for you to receive. If you've still not got them within this time, please let us know on socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com. ~Lillie
Great service and knowledge from the girl who dealt with me on the phone, much easier and transparent than using the app especially for people of a certain age, thanks.
Quite a simple process to use the on line site. Price quoted was competitive.
A professional and easy service.
Terrible they cancelled the policy because of a problem with their app. And told me a day after they cancelled it
Hi Rick, I'm sorry if that's the case. If you've not already, please call us on 0333 999 8911 and an adviser will be happy to help. ~Lillie
Insurance policy coming to an end and no reminder & cost forthcoming I renewed on line. Contacted you via phone to confirm and informed policy would be cancelled, then renewed again. Policy was cancelled and money returned to my account then same amount taken out of my account and policy reinstated. What a time consuming exercise and poor business practise.
Why not send out a policy reminder a week prior to inform customer of any adjustments and loyalty appreciated ?
Hi Robert, your renewal quote is both emailed and posted 14-28 days prior to the renewal date. If you then contact us to either match the price to your online quote or lapse the renewal, this will avoid two policies being in place and one needing to be cancelled. I apologise for any inconvenience or frustration caused by this matter. ~Lillie
Outstanding
Terrible to sort out an issue re a renewal and payments! Spent 1hr 10mins on the phone, spoke to 4 different departments, to have the complete opposite outcome to the one discussed.
Hi, I'm very sorry to hear this was the case. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please contact us on socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com. ~Lillie
Hastings Direct is rated 4.23 based on 40,551 reviews