Hastings Direct Reviews

refunds process
Difficult
Read Hastings Direct Reviews

Tell us how Hastings Direct made you happy
If I could put zero stars I would ! My claim has been ongoing for over 3 weeks, my car has still not been repaired for a NO FAULT claim. Told Hastings several times that the car was damaged to the point that the outside elements were now damaging the interior of the car and they ignored this. Rang them today and they have told me it needs requoteing again now there is further damage, caused by the length of time we have been waiting for a repair. NOT HAPPY ! To top it off we have been passed from pillar to post from hastings to enterprise to the repair garage, around and around and around because they cannot communicate or seem to work with eachother. There whole process has been a total shambles. MAY BE CHEAP, BIT AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!
Hello Adam,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with your claim. If you would like for us to request an update, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com with your claim reference, full name and date of birth. We will do all we can to help.

~Melissa
Setting up policy was fine but I had asked for a copy of the full policy document to be sent to me by mail. I made the same request again and although promised it would be done - nothing has arrived. In fact I have had no contact at all from Hastings - even to confirm the policy is active.
Hello Robert,

I'm sorry to see you haven't received your documents. If these still have not been received, please email us at socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com with your policy reference, full name and date of birth so we can look to send these to you.

~Melissa
Great service and great price
Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

~Melissa
No documents sent. Asked to change address within 18 days of policy start and charged a third of total insurance quote!!! Terrible communications and totally wrong information given. No leeway for fees the computer said that is the price. Will never use again. Definitely never recommend. If that’s how they deal with clerical I hate to think what they would be like if actually needed.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to see you haven't had a positive experience with ourselves. When making any changes to your policy, it is your underwriter whom assess the information and deem whether an increase or decrease is applicable on the policy. We are transparent with our fees, you can find a link to them here: https://www.hastingsdirect.com/about-us/our-fees.shtml.

~Melissa
asked for hard copy to be sent, and received it within 7 days. also far cheaper than what I'd been paying so thank you for saving me money.
Hello Janet,

I'm happy to see we were competitive for you this year. If you need to view your documents throughout the year, you can by logging into your MyAccount here: ow.ly/3RY930qfRYe.

~Melissa
You are asking questions about your company and to be honest I've not been unfortunate enough to need your services yet. Please don't hesitate to ask me about my experience after I have needed your help, and what you did to help me in my hour or need , Thank you for asking . Regards Mr A T Fairfield.
Did policy online easy to set up and follow
Hello Tracy,

I'm glad to see you had a straightforward experience whilst setting up your policy! We hope you have a pleasant year with us.

No messing about
Hi Peter,

I'm glad to see you had a straightforward experience with us!

~Melissa
Cheap car insurance, quick & easy to set up. Very happy
Hello Joanne,

I'm glad to see we were competitive for you this year! We hope you have a pleasant year with us.

~Melissa
Thank you for sending my insurance in the post I received my documents today.
Hi Kathleen,

I'm glad to see you received your documents. We hope you have a great year with us!

~Melissa
struggle to give them 1 star in fairness scammed me out of money for a policy that wasn't even live
Hello George,

I'm sorry if this is the case. If you would like for us to look into this for you, please feel free to email us with your full name, date of birth and vehicle registration to socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com. We will do our best to help.

~Melissa
Hastings Direct came up as the best insurance provider for my car and I was pleased with the low compulsory excess I got Overall my policy was better than my previous insurance policy I had with another insurer and considerably cheaper it was also easy to setup my insurance policy online with Hasting Direct
Hi Christopher,

I'm glad to see you've had a straightforward experience with us! We hope you have a great year with us.

~Melissa
Been driving for 2 years and during that time, I was a loyal customer of Hasting Direct for Car Insurance and not once did I claim. Yet, my insurance premium increased. All in all, con merchants, need to be jailed for extortion.
Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is the case, if it's regarding your renewal, we have to honour the original price sent as this come from your underwriter. As your broker we are able to check on your details and re-rate the renewal for you. You can contact our Renewals Team for this on 0333 321 9790.

~Melissa
Very friendly staff and quick reply
Hi Rehan,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy to hear you've had a positive experience. Thank you for choosing to insure with Hastings Direct.

Very bad company
Hi Patrycja,

I apologise if you have had a negative experience with us. I hope this issue has since been resolved, if you have any further enquiries please contact our Renewals department regarding your policy on 0333 321 9790. I hope you have an improved experience with your new insurer.

~Freddy
To date I haven't received my policy through the post. So I can hardly rate your service. Hopefully if I ever have to use your claims department it will be more efficient.
Hi Angela,

I'm sorry if there was a delay in receiving your documentation. Your documents were forwarded to yourself via email on 22/01/2020, I have also now requested them via post. Please allow up to 7-10 working days to receive these. If you do have any further enquiries do not hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com.

~Freddy
I really need to say a massive thank you to Simonetta at Hastings Direct. I had what I thought was a complex issue with my policy however it was resolved brilliantly. Simonetta was extremely patient and helpful in resolving my issue. She is a credit to such a large organisation and full recognition and appreciation should be given. You have a great employee!!!
Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent feedback! I am very pleased to hear your issue was resolved and your feedback has been passed on to ensure the agent gets proper recognition.

Very helpful
Hi Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I am pleased to hear you have had a positive experience with us. If you do require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com.

~Freddy
Competitive premium, easy to deal with.
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you are happy with your quote. Thank you for choosing to insure with Hastings Direct.

Very good and thank you
Hi Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I am pleased to hear you have had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing Hastings Direct as your insurer.

Hastings Direct is rated 4.28 based on 36,326 reviews