GoSkippy Reviews

Documents Delivered On-time
Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellation Process
Difficult

Tell us how GoSkippy made you happy
Deceiving, Misconducting and Greedy company.
They advertise themselves as ''No Cancellation Charge'' insurance, however, in real life they charged me £79.45 for paying almost a year and simply stopping my insurance because my car broke and can nor be repaired.
Although they waived their ''Financial Charge'' so called(What the hell this means anyway), they still charged me their cancellation policy fee.
Esure for example never did such a thing. So, steer away people, tell everyone about their deceiving tactics. Report to Consumer Direct and other regulating authorities has also been filed. I encourage everyone to do the same. Together we will topple such greedy companies
“good service whit thanks
Had really good helping for the customer nice talking and good helping
Stay “well“ away from this company, it’s practices are appalling they have absolutely no customer care and treat people in underhanded ways!
They cancel insurance policies for absolutelyNO good reason and put markers both on clients credit ratings and insurance logs causing ALL sorts of nightmare for their clients!!
I took them to the ombusman who found in the favour of the client, they were instructed to remove ALL detrimental markers and pay compensation!
Jasmine the complaints handler has real attitude and in-spite of this instruction took their sweet time!
They made the life of this poor man unnecessarily hellish for a year and a half....SHAME on you go skippy!!!!
Don’t put yourself through this hell do your research and stay well away from this insurance company!!!!!
Last year my insurance was great went to renew this year but with a new vehicle was told a quote but can’t swap until insurance was up.... so phone back to renew then it went up by 600 .went online to find it was 200 cheaper than original quote given so called them up to be told not their problem cancel policy and take out online .... customer service was far from satisfactory but I suppose you can’t have everything
good service whit thanks
Great customer service, very clear and helpful.
Top notch insurers, very pleased with the price and customer service is second to none.
Actually i found this company very nice that is tha reason i m with them since 3or 4 years they provide to customer’s good service with good price of car insurance .
Customer service is OK. Price is reasonable I love it.
Great insurance company
I'm with GoSkippy for many years. Always give me best price.
At first all seems well. Good prices, online portal for documentation etc, however. When you come to make any changes to your policy that’s where things go wrong!

I was taking my private plate off my check or ready to part exchange it (which I have done many times before). I went to the go skippy website, checked the opening hours- it listed they were open on a Sunday. I made the change via DVLA which is instant. I tried to call go skippy to be told that the phone lines were no manned because of covid and to make all changes via the online portal. I logged into my online portal and proceeded to the amend vehicle section. I entered the new registration number to be promoted with the message ‘please call customer services to make changes.’ Which I can’t do because they are closed! I now have a vehicle that is not insured and needed to drive to work at my local hospital.

Monday morning to had to get a lift to work and I couldn’t drive my car. First thing (8am) I try to call go skippy as they are advertising that they are open 8-8 Monday to Friday. Surprise surprise they are closed!

I wait until my lunch break and again call customer services. I explained my predicament to the adviser who had no clue and kept saying “you’re looking to change your vehicle?” I explains it was the same car only with a different registration plate. She had no clue what so ever with a really bad attitude! After already causing me frustration, I advised her that I wanted to cancel the policy and I would more to another insurer.

She said there would be a cancellation fee (which I was expecting). She went off and a few minutes later came back. She said the ‘estimated’ cost to cancel the policy was nearly £200! I asked her for a breakdown of the cost, she advised that there was a £75 administration fee, the full cost for all add-ins to the policy such as windscreen and key cover (even though I would no longer be covered or had used them), plus various other fees. I advised her that I was happy to pay the cancellation fee once I knew the ‘exact’ amount I would be paying. She stated that they do not give an exact amount until the cancellation is processed! (I guess this is like buying a house and being told the cost of it after completion!). Who in their right mind would agree to an undisclosed fee!

There were various other issues with this company (far too much for me to write in here as it would take far too long)!

All I can say is I would avoid go skippy at ALL cost.

I have been driving and insuring cars with various other insurers and have never received such high costs or poor service. Cheap is dear in the long run people! Their compulsory excess is nearly double that of all other insurers should you have an accident! I would sooner pay a few pounds more on my policy for good service!
Excellent service and very pleased with renewal price.
5 Star so much cheaper great service
Nice and easy to change from my previous instructor and £750 cheeper
Excellent service been with them for three years extremely friendly and happy
Very helpful 5 star service 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Found it exceptionally easy to go from quote to purchase of policy, no lengthy forms to fill out, really good service
Quick, easy and cheap