Freethought Internet Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Freethought Internet

About Freethought Internet: Freethought is a 100% UK based web host and we pride ourselves on giving our customers absolutely amazing service with incredible products. We provide everything from domains, to hosting, to SSD virtual servers, as well as leased lines and IP transit.

"Amazing service throughout the 5-6 years i have been with them. Edward on the customer service section is excellent with super fast response to any problems. Friendly, fast and efficient!!"
"What more can I say! Again they have helped me solve a problem! This time with a new email account that I set up on a client's website that I hosted with Freethought. Turned out that it was nothing at all wrong with the website email account, but was due to the Outlook email software I was using to access the IMAP email account with. Once again the Freethought technical support was there to help me solve the problem, with very rapid responses and research into Outlook issues with IMAP email accounts. They went that extra mile and didn't just wash their hands of the problem, like so many others would have done! If you are just starting out on the road to a new website and email server, then I really would suggest that you look no further than hosting it with Freethought! And for all who are concerned about the environment, Freethought has an exemplary environmental and ethical policy!"
"Always quick to sort out any problems, knowledgeable, patient clear response."
"Freethought have some big clients, and I'm not one of them. But whenever I ask them a question they get right back to me, often sort the thing out themselves, and basically treat me like I'm some big important customer. It's fantastic. Real human company, top-notch expertise. Not easy to find in today's market!"
"Great service for my web hosting account. I was recommended by a friend who runs a web design company. He set up my site and then handed it over to me. I had a small problem and in sorting that out the person at Freethought asked me what kind of package I had and then told me I didn't need it and could get a cheaper one! Then a couple of years later, my Wordpress installation became a bit unstable – the support person at Freethought sorted everything out for me – and he did it within a few hours. So they offer a great service backed by friendly, helpful, responsive support. What's not to like?"
"Having recently transferred my hosted wordpress site and email service from another provider to Freethought Internet, I cannot recommend them highly enough I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but moving a business domain to a new server is a stressful business fraught with potential pitfalls. The transfer process was smooth, and the technical support to help sort out the minor niggles was superb. On the day of transfer, Edward was there at 10:00pm to make the new site live, and still available at 7:00 the next morning to sort out an ssl issue. Fantastic service. If you are looking for a web hosting company that know how to look after their customers then look no further."
"I use technology, have a reasonable understanding of it, but hate anything to do with IP addresses, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, and the dozens of other acronyms for things internet! I'd been with BT for a very long time, and many years back they gave me some webspace and domain hosting. Gradually the prices for everything crept up to the point where it was no longer viable. Moving to another web providers essential, but so complicated with the website and the associated email address that I kept putting it off. A friend on an Internet forum suggested Freethought. Best suggestion for years! I looked at the website - the price was sensible but I didn't know if just clicking on buy would work - after all BT still had my website name on their books. I emailed, not expecting much response - but I started to deal with Edward, who told me exactly what to do - which was to pay the money and enter the name of my website. He then asked if I wanted him to move the content for me, which wasn't;t in this case important - he then told me exactly what to ask BT for. BT, to their credit responded (not quite so quickly, but they did respond) and I passed the details onto Edward - who in a few minutes changed my web site status with them from pending to complete. I uploaded a test page and up it popped - the internet knew my site was somewhere else! I then added my old email address, which after a few minutes also popped back into life. everything works exactly as before and with no hassle - bar typing in new passwords and stuff like that. I did NOT expect this level of service, and he didn't get fed up with my dim questions. I'm happy with the price and the service - but mainly because somebody is in an office answering emails, and sorting things out. BT's final act was to offer me a huge discount to stay with them - but I'm just so pleased I moved the website out, as no doubt everything would have repeated next end contract date loomed. PJ"
It's so great to hear how happy you are with the service! We love a good acronym so happy to make life simpler for you 🙂
"Made the hosting transfer of my organisation's website easy and with the SSL certificate thrown in, too. Dealt with all my questions in a prompt, friendly and helpful manner."
Fantastic to hear we were able to make migrating your hosting so easy and pain free, we're delighted to have you join us!
"I have nothing but praise for this provider. I have never had an issue with my website being offline and their tech support is second to none! When you are new to setting up websites and running your own email accounts, they are always happy to help you through it all, either through their ticketing system, or then direct email and they even have a telephone helpline. Unlike many service providers you don't have to wait days for a response either! Also they are always ready to suggest alternative ways of setting up what you require from your website/email service, even if it's cheaper! No Up-Selling, not many people can say that nowadays! They also have an exceptional environmental and employment policy which you can review. I cannot recommend them highly enough! Ian (A very satisfied customer!)"
Wow thank you for the glowing review, it's so great to hear how much we're appreciated 😀 Customer service is what we are all about and it's amazing to hear how we were able to deliver and exceed your expectations.

Even more pleased to hear how much you value our ethical and environmental stances, it's not easy in our industry but we think it's worth the effort ❤
"Freethought Internet staff are friendly and very helpful. They are prompt dealing with all issues. We are very happy with them and glad we found them. Recommended."
"Quick to respond, always helpful. Good price structure."
"I was recommended FreeThought by my web developer and I'm really happy I made the switch from previous host. The Ultra hosting is quick, really quick. I had a VPS with another company with 4CPU and 6GB RAM, but the Ultra hosting out performs it on every level. My site now loads as quick as I've ever seen it. Edward migrated my site swiftly and provided one of the most detailed hand over emails I've ever seen. There was a small teething issue with the server firewall, but that was sorted really quickly (great to see my site is actually being protected!). I've been running websites since the late 90s and would rate FreeThought as the best. They really know their stuff and have been doing this for years. If you're looking for new hosting because your current site is sluggish, get the Ultra hosting and you can thank me later!"
We're so glad to welcome you as a customer, and we really appreciate the positive review! Another happy ULTRA hosting customer, makes us very happy indeed. By far our most popular hosting and as you have found, for very good reason 😀
"Edward assisted us in transferring several of our websites smoothly and with no fuss whatsoever . Made it look easy to be honest ."
Moving websites between hosts can be a real pain, but luckily we do it all the time and love bringing customers over to our hosting. So great to hear that we could make it such a smooth experience for you!
"Absolutely brilliant. Edward went 'Above & Beyond' in helping us out. Very grateful indeed. Neil @ Perfect-Teams..."
Above and beyond is what we're all about, so glad Edward was able to get you sorted out, and thank you for the great review! 👍
"I have been developing and editing a website for about five years, and since the website was migrated to Freethought their service has been exemplary. Although I am reasonably competent in HTML and Javascript, I sometimes have to ask Freethought for help. For example, when implementing a Feedback page or when upgrading the domain from http:// to https://. On every occasion I get a prompt, helpful and detailed reply, for which I am really grateful. I currently work alone at home - not as previously in an office surrounded by software gurus. So it's really important to have support in the background when it's needed. Keep up the good work, guys!"
Thanks for the amazing review! Exemplary is definitely the sort of language we like to hear to describe us, thanks so much for the positive review! We are only too happy to help you out with whatever you need.
"As a business owner, for whom our e-commerce system is critical, the dedication to up-time shown by the team at Freethought gives me piece of mind. The knowledge that is shown and the patience that is given is outstanding."
"I'm a fairly recent convert, but extremely happy with the service provided so far. Never had any problems with hosting, and the support team have always been very responsive, helpful and usually go above and beyond what I'd expect. A recent transfer in from another (much less able) hosting company was handled with great efficiency and meant I had very little to do. Excellent."
It's really good to hear that we're able to meet and exceed your expectations, and transfer your websites over such that you don't have to worry, thanks for the great review!
"I've been a customer of Freethought Internet for close to a decade and I can't fault them. Their support is first class, always replying to tickets within minutes and solving problems just as quick."
We absolutely love having you as a customer Joel, and for such a long long time as well, we look forward to many more decades to come 😀
"Super quick at responding to any query and resolving issues. Always good communication when servers are changed or upgraded. Would definitely recommend."
Freethought Internet is rated 4.97 based on 108 reviews