Freethought Internet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Freethought Internet
Read Freethought Internet Reviews

About Freethought Internet:

Freethought is a 100% UK based web host and we pride ourselves on giving our customers absolutely amazing service with incredible products. We provide everything from domains, to hosting, to SSD virtual servers, as well as leased lines and IP transit.

We migrated our DNS services across to Freethought a year or so back, after changing our ISP. The migration process was painless thanks to the assistance offered by Edward and Kieran, who offered to import everything for us ahead of the changeover.

I've since had the need to purchase additional domain and certificates, and in each case the process has been swift and trouble free. Emails and queries are always answered promptly with clear advice given, nothing is too much trouble.

Excellent service across the board, and highly recommended.
Have just opened an account with Freethought and so far the service has been excellent. Great to be able to just pick up the phone and speak to a real person and get everything sorted out quickly and easily.

As well as doing standard services like migrating websites - which they did extremely promptly - they also fixed other details for me (e.g., DNS records for a different email provider I have) and made sure everything was just right.

Obviously I haven't been with Freethought long yet, but in terms of moving hosts and domains and getting everything set up with minimum fuss, I would highly recommend them.

Oh yeah - and their pricing is really good - very reasonable and straightforward - with options of cPanel or Plesk and things like free Let's Encrypt support included.

So far, I would highly recommend them.
I hit a few snags trying to move my site to Freethought. My bad. Contacted support and they couldn't have been more helpful. Quick responses and very patient :)
Freethought are very helpful and have wonderful customer support. I’ve only had a couple of issues since I started using their services and they have been remarkably quick to respond on both occasions. Mostly, their service is rock solid.
The technical support I received from Freethought was swift, reassuring and professional. In short, an excellent service! I would highly recommend them.
fantastic service we wouldn't use anyone else. professional, responsive, excellent
Freethought are exceptionally knowledgeable, their answers to enquiries is fantastic and they respond very quickly. They took care of my domain name transfer from my previous domain name registrar for me, so that I had a smooth transition from using my previous domain name registrar's DNS to using Freethought's, without any downtime. I've now renewed my domain with Freethought at exceptionally low prices, compared to what I was paying previously, whilst being carbon neutral and ethical. I would not hesitate to recommend them and I shall be doing just that.
Quick and efficient replies to enquiries with a friendly email 'voice'.
If there was an excellent rating I'd have chosen that. Kieran and Edward have been fantastic in sorting the migration from my previous hosting company. They handled everything from copying over the multiple websites through to all the email accounts. I can't praise them enough. Thanks guys
Freethought were brilliant and helped this company very quickly out of a major
problem with our domain and emails - I would highly recommend using them/joining them.
Jane Dodson
Kieran was quick to respond, answered all my questions and offered useful advice. Great service thanks.
Super helpful and knowledgeable staff. Truly excellent service.
Freethought Internet is indeed a most reliable web hosting service provider. Freethought's services and control panels are fully-configured, fully-functional, and completely flawless. The support team is indeed keen to meet the expectations and satisfaction of the clients. Behind such good services, I believe, there must be a great leadership team with a great vision that is making it possible. Freethought Internet has my best wishes. You are doing good work -- please keep it that way.
Great support! Love FreeThought.uk
Around four years ago I was webmaster for a local sporting club, current costs were rising and I was looking to reduce costs, but maintain service. A friend recommended Freethought. Getting set up was not too much of a hassle, any queries on procedure were answered promptly and clearly.
My next approach was for an individual domain to use for email, so that switching ISP's did not involve visiting numerous sites to update communication preferences. Straightforward process again.
Since then there have been occasional problems, usually caused when I have changed ISP! Their ticket system works superbly, and I have found their response times to be excellent.
I am an "experienced hobbyist" but no technical guru. Their approach to me has been friendly and their explanations straightforward and clear.
Costs in this field are a swings and roundabouts system, I have found that looking at the total cost involved Freethought would take a lot of beating.
There is a scale attached to this review asking How likely is it I would recommend - no question - I have already.
Ed and the team were very helpful, patient and got back to me with useful tips on future work on my website, so a big thank you.
I cannot praise Freethought support services highly enough. I know very little about setting up and managing a website and they have talked me through a number of problems very promptly and always on the same day. A truly excellent service.
Fantastic service, even with quite bizarre requests. Friendly and knowledgeable service.
So glad you're pleased with the service, keep the support requests coming, the more interesting the better, we love a challenge! 😀
Tech support very helpful and had responded to and solved a 'low' priority call very quickly, even on a Sunday.
There's no such thing as low priority, we know it's often the little requests that can derail an entire project waiting for that little piece of information or support. So glad you're enjoying the service!
Genuinely surprised at the customer service and technical support from FreeThought - With other hosting providers, I usually have to wait a day or so for a response, and typically trying to close-down my support ticket at the earliest opportunity. FreeThought seem to actually care about the problem at hand and have replied in MINUTES.

Keep up the good work!