Elite Audio Ltd Reviews

Pittenweem,
Anstruther,
Fife,
Scotland

How would you rate Elite Audio Ltd ?

Tom Phillips
Verified Buyer
"Excellent customer service. A company that cares a lot about the products they sell. Highly recommended."
"Great people to deal with who take time to understand why you are looking to make a change and give good advice. Highly recommended and if you haven't tried Audio Physic speakers arrange an audition, I've owned lots of brands over the years and this was my second AP purchase from Elite, they are outstanding."
Patrick Wiggins
Verified Buyer
"I can highly recommend Elite Audio. I traded in and bought a new Music First phono stage. Knowledgeable staff, easy to deal with, who communicated throughout the the transaction and delivery - a first class service. I will certainly use Elite Audio again for my next upgrade."
"I received excellent service from the Elite Audio team while buying Triangle speakers and an Audiovalve preamp. They listened carefully to what I was looking for, and gave really good informed advice on the components to choose. I will certainly use them again in the future."
Don Maclean
Verified Buyer
"Great service and a lot of patience in setting up my streaming device and software - thanks"
Robin S. Dorset
Verified Reviewer
"I have had made two purchases from Elite and can say without hesitation they are a first rate team, they don’t just provide excellent carefully chosen equipment, they also provide really good helpful and honest advise. Firstly, I needed a USB to SPDIF convertor to stream from my MAC into a Bryston amp that had a built in DAC, but only with Spdif inputs. I researched myself, found Elite as a stockist of the product I had found. After some conversations with Mark, I was recommended a different product to suit my needs, namely a Matrix X. I was also recommended a Hi Diamond digital cable to partner it. This replaced an Audiolab Mdac for which I was offered and took a Part Exchange . The transaction went entirely smoothly and I was delighted with the result in my system. After a few weeks of run in it’s just got better and better. Second transaction was a Soundsmith Carmen MKII phono cartridge. Again I did my own research, identified Soundsmith as preference. I contacted Soundsmith direct and asked for recommendation of a suitable cartridge to match my kit. They made their recommendation and also as a pleasant surprise, they referred me to Elite Audio as UK dealer. As it happened, when I contacted them, they offered me an ex review cartridge of the exact model. This was the one used in a very positive Hifi Pig review. I was not confident in fitting the cartridge myself, but after some really helpful conversations with the team, I was given the confidence to get on with it. I installed the cartridge and have been literally blown away with how good this cartridge is! Once again Elite Audio have proved themselves to be a quality company that really know there stuff. Thanks to Rachael, David and Mark and team for providing a brilliant service. I would not hesitate to use them again and give a wholehearted recommendation!"
Bill And Mairi
Verified Reviewer
"Simply astonishing! I am listening to a Quobuz Hi-Res Audio playlist, streamed via our new Innuos Music Server and Aqua DAC as I write this review, and the musicians who appear to be performing at the end of our lounge are playing quite beautifully. More than ever before, Mairi and I have REAL musicians, playing REAL instruments in a REAL space … but through our hi-fi, in our lounge. But to start at the beginning … about three months ago, Mairi and I decided that we should explore the world of high-resolution audio, and music streaming, to add to the pleasure we get from listening to music from traditional physical media (SACD/CD and LP). We hadn’t been to Elite Audio before, but we knew Mark and decided to visit his showroom in rural Fife. From the first welcome, and a delicious coffee from Rachael, the service from Mark and David, and their attention to our needs has been first class. Totally thorough! Mark asked a number of detailed questions about our musical tastes, and how we listened to music. He then arranged for us to come back when David could demonstrate several music servers and DACs. The DAC comparisons were particularly helpful, and we ended up taking an Aqua Formula DAC away for a home assessment. It did not disappoint - the reviews that you can read elsewhere say it all! Superb support! The choice of music server was more difficult, as sound quality was only one criterion, and user-friendly control software was equally important to us. We chose an Innuos music server, but it suffered a very unusual fault once we got it home, which David couldn’t diagnose remotely. He and Mark arranged for the unit to be collected, shipped back to Innuos in Portugal, repaired and returned - all within 4 days. Stunning service! The choice of control software, giving access to a range of streaming providers and internet radio stations, and our music library, was key. We have found that Quobuz provides the best range of music available to stream in high resolution, so we needed a control application which included access to Quobuz. David was tireless in answering my questions and phone calls; suggesting options and helping with configuration of various different applications to let me try them at home. I began to realise that, with the move towards computer-based music playback and all the potential pit-falls that go with that, we can no longer assume that hi-fi separates will work first-time when simply connected together and plugged in. The superb levels of customer support provided by Elite Audio (and Innuos) are increasingly important to help customers get started in this brave new world. Many thanks to Mark and David for stocking such great brands, providing wonderful advice, letting us have the time to make up our minds and then supporting us through the set-up and configuration of our new systems. Highly recommended."
Alex Ferguson
Verified Reviewer
"I decided to buy the SOtM bundle without hearing it, but on reviews alone, and I’m very glad that I did. It has made an incredible difference to the sound of my system. Elite got all of the gear set up to my specification and delivered it very quickly and securely. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Many thanks to David and all at Elite Audio!"
Nick Cassidy
Verified Buyer
"Over the course of a few days I must have spoken at some length to most of Elite Audio's staff while deciding to buy the SOtM Ultra bundle. I enjoyed the process of buying the system as much as I am owning it; everyone is helpful, knowledgeable and incredibly patient. A really great, professional company that I can't recommend highly enough. Even if they did spell Jimi Hendrix incorrectly on their website!"
"i would like to thank mark and the team for their wonderful service and advice my system sounds amazing and i am very satisfied"
JAMES HAGAN
Verified Buyer
"I HAD PROBLEMS WITH AN AMPLIFIER IT WAS DELT WITH FANTASTICLY THIS COMPANY DESERVES 10 STARS I THANK DAVE SO MUTCH . Thanking You James Hagan"
"I purchased an amplifier from them recently. There was a bit of a mess up with the delivery company but Elite were superb in sorting it out. Nothing was too much trouble for them. On top of that the amplifier is brilliant and exactly as described. And excellent value...."
Rafiq Siddiqui
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent service Friendly and very helpful I wish more companies were this good."
Kevin Spafford
Verified Buyer
"amazing company after talking to other hifi shops and telling them what i was looking for and being laughed at i contacted elite spoke with dave explained what i wanted all my music is on a iPod touch and wanted to have a better sound that a main stream hifi dave talked me through the options for my budget and explained in a way i can understand as i am not in to the tech side of it thats probly why i was laughed at before plus as my hearing is damaged that played a part in getting the wright system we opted for a wharfedale diamond A1 which arrived 3 days later considering it was easter weekend well impressed the the A1 is amazing must be good next doors have not stopped banging on the walls since it arrived cannot thank the team at elite audio enough dave you are the man big thanks again to you all it is nice to see this old fashioned style of service still exist"
James Weston
Verified Buyer
"Great advice and service. I bought a pair of Synergistic Research Galileo RCA’s and their performance was outstanding! Completely transformed my system. Brilliant product and brilliant advice with it"
"After 20 years of buying and trading audio components I have cooperated with several shopkeepers, distributors and companies but really the Eliteaudio is a class of his own!! Is by far my best experience and I hope they keep up the excellent work. A great thank you to Rachael (I have no words to describe the service)!!"
Martin Andrews
Verified Buyer
"Having spoken to Both Mark & David I decided to upgrade my Cary pre amp,Lector 4 box DAC& CD transport as I really wanted the convenience of being able to listen to a wide variety of music not just what I had in my collection.Having firstly upgraded my Cary Pre amp to the W4S STP WITH STAGE 2 upgrade as Mark said is was a cracker plus ideal to use with my existing SX1000R mono’s which I loved. First impressions was it was in a completely different league to the Cary both in terms of detail and overall sounding more realistic with greater seperation. Next came the SOtM Ultra bundle along with the Aqua La Scala DAC, firstly love the fact I can use my Ipad to access my playlists using the SOtM which offers not only incredible convenience but more importantly I’m now listening to music I’ve never heard of because of the superb Tidal App which is a joy to use . Next the La Scala which without mixing my words is simply mind blowing in every aspect from seperation which is just stunning, to the overall sound which is as if a filter has been removed from the music as it’s been allowed to breath naturally- although it does need lots of burn in which I was advised , everything just sounds breathtaking in its presentation. It’s always a real pleasure dealing with Elite Audio as they know exactly what they are talking about & just as important to me how to construct synergy with my existing system so it works as it’s best. Highly recommended"
Glen Keenan
Verified Buyer
"If i could give a sixth star i would, friendly, hospitable,knowledgeable and no pressure, i will be back soon for more of theyre quality equipment and wouldnt see past them, well done to all at elite audio, many thanks"
"My thanks and appreciation to David and Mark at Elite Audio for their guidance and support, which resulted in my ownership and enjoyment of this wonderful DAC. Having some four months experience of Aqua Formula xHD DAC in my system, I thought it might be helpful to share an overview of my impression of this DAC with fellow audiophiles at the 150 hours burn-in point. From the outset, I must declare that the Aqua Formula xHD DAC is the most satisfyingly impressive DAC I have owned thus far. It is aesthetically and ergonomically very well designed, with a sonic performance that is truly rewarding. However, it is important to stress that this DAC requires ample time to settle down and I feel confident that it will perform even better than I am currently experiencing as it continues to burn in over time. The upper frequency range is very open, airy, detailed and resolving, with a balanced level of sparkle, crispness and transient speed, that is captivating. However, this DAC is faithful to the quality of data it receives. It exemplifies the principle of ‘garbage in, garbage out’. When it is fed good recordings, it can be truly hypnotic and thrilling. For my taste, it is the upper midrange that I find most alluring. The slightly forward upper midrange gives voices a rich, organic and lifelike character that conjures up the illusion of being at the live event. Female vocals, in particular, are portrayed with a level of realism and sensuous tactility that is truly remarkable. Vocals in general, are presented with body, emotion, finesse and with rich, natural timber. Formula xHD does all this with spectacular clarity and accuracy, without the slightest hint of edginess or aggression. The bass of Formula xHD is not as voluminous or powerful as a few other DACs I have heard, but it does seem to me that Aqua Formula have focussed more on quality rather than quantity. Bass has great texture, extension and definition with a natural bloom and realism. There is also excellent bass pitch that is fast and snappy, with sharp attacks and a natural sense of decay. The bass is not overblown, muddy or exaggerated; it stays well controlled while sustaining satisfying fullness and transparency. The soundstage of Formula xHD is immersive, expansive and cavernous. All instruments are easy to hear and follow as a whole and individually. There is spooky silence in between notes, which contributes to an intimate, holographic presentation with deep 3D imaging that expands in all directions. While listening to all genres of music, I can hear the whole performance as one piece, along with each and every instrument portrayed as if I were actually at the venue. The depth, width, and height of the soundstage give instruments and voices space and focus. The end product is music with incredible layers where you can easily pinpoint where each instrument and voice come from. Overall, Formula xHD reproduces a beautifully formulated musical statement. I consider it to be among the best three DACs I’ve heard irrespective of price. However, the other two cost up to seven times its RRP. That makes Formula xHD a true bargain. How this DAC is able to have this level of clarity without giving up much of the fullness and body of music is a great achievement. Well done to Elite Audio for offering this DAC to UK audiophiles."
Elite Audio Ltd is rated 4.99 based on 86 reviews