EEC Home Improvements Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over A Week
Read EEC Home Improvements Reviews

About EEC Home Improvements:

EEC Home Improvements have been providing UK homeowners services since 1991. Celebrating 29 Years of Business in 2020 offering UK home & business owners a wide range of home improvement services.

info@eec-hi.co.uk

140 Norwood Road

Work carried out as agreed and professionally.
The representative was extremely helpful and not at all pushy! The plumber who installed the system including new radiators worked really hard and did an extremely neat and tidy job. We are very pleased with our new heating system.
The work was carried out efficiently, and your fitter & electrician were friendly and explained everything very well. Throughout, the dialogue with your office staff has been excellent.
Very helpful and efficient installers
I’m impressed with the handling and installation of my solar panels. The teams worked seamlessly, all are efficient and professional. Apart from a few cracked roof tiles I’m still waiting for someone to replace & repair, I’m more than happy with the experience with the EEC teams thus far.
Installation staff were good on the day but the app didn't work then,doesn't work now despite me asking for help and the info on how to use and understand the system frankly woeful. So quick to ask for the money so slow to provide the service. I am really cross with you and as s local councillor will be using my own experience to ensure others are served better.
The installation eventually went well and all seems to be working fine. The downside was in the initial planning where our install date was delayed 4 times causing the need to keep rearranging access with our neighbour. Plus we had to chase for the removal of scaffolding as we had seemed to be missed off the list. All this with no offer of any form of compensation. The two installers on the day were good although the electrician had to come back the following morning to complete commissioning. However I did need to intervene to stop them fitting the wrong make of panels..... Fortunately they did have the correct panels on the van.
From the first contact I found EEC to be very professional. All information and costs were clearly laid out. The office staff were very helpful and answered questions promptly and fully. The installation team were very thorough neat and tidy. All the work was done to the agreed schedule. After installation all necessary paperwork and certification was provided.
EEC Home Improvements carried out our Air Source Heat Pump installation as quotation with minor changes to works. The Heating/Plumbing engineer and Electrician Adam and Mark delivered an excellent job for us within the agreed time.
Excellent service - quick efficient & left very clean and tidy
Whole experience was good - installation team were great, professional, clean, neat, very easy to get on with, and completed the whole job inside 3 hours, including setting up and explain the apps on our phones. I wasn't expecting much in the way of generation (install January) but it is doing better than I had hoped - it will be interesting to see how much is generated over 12 months
I would have given this a full score but for one thing. The installation date was postponed by a week but I was told this was caused by illness so I accept that. The tradesmen were courteous and polite but after installation I was not shown that the equipment was working so I have had to accept it (and pay) on good faith. So it is only that where service could have been better
I have expressed, my concern that panels were fitted in the dark on the evening ahead of the planned day. There, was also a, problem with securing the scaffold gate resulting in wild banging on three nights. The electricians were excellent. Better and tighter project management of sub contractors to meet clients not contractors wishes is, needed.
Solar installation completed in around 2.5 hours by a very professional three man team. Full explanation of system given and everywhere left clean and tidy with scaffolding removed the next day. System working well, even with winter weather there are a couple of hours each day when I'm generating more power than I'm using.
We are very pleased with the service given and the neatness and tidiness of the work carried out.
Whilst presumably legit because the scheme was in partnership with GMCA, almost every other element of this process made me question the legitimacy of the installers. They required a deposit to be paid for the pre-installation survey to occur but the contract sent post-survey stated that paying of the deposit constituted acceptance of the contract. Also, the timescale for paying the full balance was miscommunicated; it was stated in contract that we had 10 working days from receipt of invoice but on requesting an invoice several days after the work had been done, I was told they couldn't provide an invoice until they'd received payment. On challenging this, I was given 10 days from the installation to make payment rather than 10 working days from the actual receipt of the invoice. So far the panels are performing considerably less well than pitched at survey (though perhaps this is just the weather). The installers insisted that the panels did not require cleaning or maintenance despite all solar panel literature ever suggesting otherwise. The app given to measure performance is somewhat poorly formatted and unreliable. The work was performed 44 hours quicker than anticipated though so, as long as the performance improves, worth the hassle for the discounted rate.
Good afternoon, Would you like to contact me on dave.morrison@eec-hi.co.uk - If there is any issue with your installation we would love to resolve it for you. Best regards EEC Home Improvements
Very impressed by the whole teams coordination and installation from Andy the Surveyor, Steve and Wayne roofer and Electrician, to Vicky in the Southport office. A great team effort all very courteous, and ready to help and explain the Solar system, They plan the system and execute in a very professional manner. Well done team. Regards Ron
Hi Ronald, Thank you for the 5 stars and glowing review! Your kind comments will be passed on to everyone involved, they will be delighted! Please don’t forget to take advantage of our referral scheme also, should you wish to recommend anyone else to us! Best regards EEC Home Improvements
In general I was happy with the service. All the lads working were good, including the Initial surveyor and Quality Surveyor. My only problem was the scaffolding arrangements. The lads didn’t seem to know they were coming till the last minute. Even though very late they worked into the dark to complete. The weather was against the panel fitters so they turned up late. Again been fair they did ring to explain the situation. The fitting went easily over the late afternoon and following morning due to the high winds. The electrician was fine as well. The removal of the scaffold became an issue though. Again the scaffolding company said they had only just received the email when I rang to enquire as to what was happening. I eventually agreed with the company owner for the scaffold to be removed the following Monday. But on Thursday afternoon a team turned up to remove it. I explained to the scaffolder the situation and he was apologetic. Five minutes later he returned insisting the owner want it doing immediately. They did return on the Monday to remove and again were a good set of lads. My problem it seems was the owner. When I had tried to agree an am or pm visit all he could say was he was like parcel force and come when they can. Not acceptable in my view.
Hi Arnold, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. Very sorry to hear about the situation with the scaffolding, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will help us to avoid similar situations in the future. We are however pleased you were happy with the installation overall, thank you. Best regards EEC Home Improvements
Andy was pleasant, knowledgeable and explained the Solar Panel installation and operation very well.
Hello Ian, Glad to hear you found Andy helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you very much for the feedback and the 5 star review! Best regards EEC Home Improvements
There was good and informative communication ahead of selecting solar pt fully up to date with planned installation topics. Once selected, we were kept up to date with progress and planned installation dates. On the day of installation the team turned up slightly ahead of time and worked continuously until completed. The site was cleaned after completion.
Hi Ian, Thank you for your 5 star review, it's much appreciated. We hope you enjoy your new installation! Best regards EEC Home Improvements
EEC Home Improvements is rated 4.62 based on 486 reviews