EEC Home Improvements Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend EEC Home Improvements

About EEC Home Improvements: EEC Home Improvements have been providing UK homeowners services since 1991. Celebrating 27 Years of Business in 2018 offering UK home & business owners a wide range of home improvement services.

info@eec-hi.co.uk

140 Norwood Road

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"We opted for solar panels via a local authority auction - EEC Home Improvements were the chosen supplier. From the very beginning we were kept fully informed and offered the opportunity to attend an 'Information Session' which explained all aspects of the proposed solar installation, showcased the materials to be used and allowed a full Q&A session. Once we had decided to go ahead we received regular email updates, a comprehensive survey and a fully costed proposal, with the promise we could decide not to proceed at any time and have our deposit returned. The scaffolding was installed a couple of days before and the installation team were superb, going over the survey with us and allowing us to tweak our layout. The internal electrics were very neat & tidy, fully labelled up and a 'Quick Start/Stop' guide was provided. The system was soon up and running and producing electricity. We opted for the SolarEdge system which displays, on an app, how much electricity is being generated. This was the only problem we encountered - the inverter in the loft wouldn't connect to our wi-fi hub. I went online to research the issue and found that installing a 'hub extender' in the loft sorted the issue straight away! Overall we're very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish and would recommend EEC Home Improvements."
"Quick and efficient. Proffesional installation."
"A advertising e-mail caught my eye regarding solar panels which I had been contemplating for some time. In reply I was given EEC as one who could quote. A quick reply and visit explaining the procedure was arranged. The explanation was good as was the price. Installation was quick and the crew were very good. immediately forms were sent to complete the Feed In Tariff application. This has been accepted, all completed within two weeks."
"Through a echooser group purchasing system, EEC Solar were the selected Contractor and demonstrated good organisation, very good preliminary information and excellent updates to customers on the progress of the work plan. Installation was also well organised, quick and well executed. Follow up information needed for the FIT send on requsest and fully comprehensive. I would recommend them as a good company to install Solar Panels"
"Nightmare which continues! We were given SEVEN different dates when the installation of solar panels would be completed (required time off work for each), first installation team were hopelessly incompetent. Seven weeks later we still have scaffolding up, we’ve sent several letters and phone calls to all managers of company and no one will reply to anything. Also turns out that the managing director listed on the website actually left 2 years ago! Don’t be fooled by the rave reviews."
"The lads were efficient,friendly very tidy and answered any questions i had."
"Very good from start to finish. Vicky Simpson back up team 10 out of 10"
"Installation team very good and FIT paperwork was issued promptly"
"Although missing targets for installation they have kept in touch and communicated well. I am happy with the product, the installation and final price."
"Fitting items I cannot use. Extra cost on top. No one getting back to me to solve complaint after sending two emails. Taking further action."
"Don’t be fooled, fake reviews abound, that’s the only way they could even have this many positive reviews; I guess it must be someone’s job in the office to write them instead of dealing with customers. Can’t believe the garbage I am reading. Customer service sucks. Gurantee pointless. Allegedly they have a guarantee system in place to fix any issues following installation of solar panels. They expect £250 up front but once you eventually get through to speak to someone they repeatedly fob you off with a wide range of excuses; a different one every day. Stay away but if it’s too late for your sake I hope nothing goes wrong; looks like it is for them!"
"Had a 10 panel solar system installed All work completely finished within 1 and a half hours"
"Professional, friendly and gave clear and easy to understand answers to all that we need to know about fitting solar panels. My husband was more cautious about having them fitted, but I texted Michael who visited us, probably 10 times with different questions, which he replied to straightaway. He even gave us contact numbers of others who had had the work done with a similar heating system to ours. They were prompt at visiting us once we had enquired and the panels were fitted exactly 14 days later! Very pleased."
"Very satisfied. Everything seems to be working well. The installation was carried out very efficiently and neatly."
"The whole process - quote, advice, installation, etc - was efficient and completed in good time."
"Sales are good.installers are excellent.problem is they cannot keep appointment dates. Failed to turn up on two appointment dates. And after two weeks I am still waiting for the scaffold to be removed."
"Very good service, courteous and friendly, both from the staff in customer service in Southport and the installers."
"Having Solar installed was a smooth process. Someone to call at all times. Fitted and up and running quickly."
"I am now trying to get my 2nd replacement inverter fitted but can't get anyone to call me to set a date. This is simply not good enough from a company that did the installation very well, took my money and now I feel they don't want to consider this urgent. Well I do !!!!"
"The sals team and installers are wonderful, but when things go wrong it is a different story. EEC Solar persuaded me to buy a very expensive Tesla battery to store electricity for my own use when the sun goes down. They also told me that they would be monitoring my site periodically to see if everything is OK. I have just discovered that the monitoring went offline in November 2017. I called Solaredge as EEC Solar wouldn't return my calls and they told me that I have an error code that means the battery isn't working. Also, although EEC Solar emailed me instructions how to get my wifi connection with the solar panels working again, this would mean I would have to take off the front of the inverter to get to the installer menu and this is highly dangerous and they do not want home owners to do this. I have left several messages with EEC Solar for the Director or customer services to get back to me - but they won't! The customer services lady leaves at 3pm and seems to be inundated with problems to sort out!"
EEC Home Improvements is rated 4.70 based on 352 reviews