Edwardes Bros Reviews

of reviewers recommend Edwardes Bros
customer service
Fastest Growing Retailer in the Reviews.io Customer Voice Awards, Winter 2019

Tell us how Edwardes Bros made you happy
More than anything, all I want is to order something, get the right thing delivered and get my invoice. Edwardes, Farnell and RS Components are the 3 companies that I buy from which it feels like they will do anything not to give you an invoice. It really makes me want to go else where. I'm not sure why it is such a problem to get a vat receipt for goods purchased.. Also on a minor point, the website could be simplified.
Some of the channel spring nuts arrived mixed with the wrong size thread. Cable tray arrived bent and damaged. Due to a tight timescale there was no time to return the items and had to make do.
Much confusion caused because neither Edwardes nor DPD mentioned my order was split into 3 parcels. This would have helped a lot. DPD told me 'Your parcel is delayed until Monday'. When I enquired of Edwardes (***) what was happening the guy said "I bet it's the tails that are delayed. They always send cut cable separately and later for some reason. I have no idea why." So, this is a known phenomenon. I will buy meter tails from TLC in future, pay extra but avoid having to redirect a delayed parcel and go to collect it. Apart from that, all good.
I failed to process another order because it kept on àsking me to log in.I no choice but to abandon it for another supplier.
Only part of order in stock.
I received one message about delivery time here and another message saying ready for me to collect from Trowbridge or somewhere. You asked my rating before goods received.
Delivery was very good ***
service very good I have only given three stars as the headline price is misleading. Price should show clearly price with and without VAT and also clearly indicate if there isa a n extra charge for shipping and how vmuch
cheapest price and next day delivery excelent
Delivery not on time
I think the service was very good, prompt delivery, however the item I ordered, a very small bell push, could have been posted for a lot cheaper than it cost me to have it delivered by DPD.
Ordered 4 reducers one turned up per the picture and 3 were different. All will do the key job of reducing adequately but we had a special use which the one pictured was particularly suited for
Delivery as promised, however due to poor packaging, one plastic connection box arrived smashed in the package. Suggest such items are better protected for future orders. Do
One of the items was broken - which was dismaying. Packing securely needs attention. I have returned to exchange all and to replace the broken one - I have yet to receive and so am unable to comment further.
Items as promised, Not well packed and took a day longer than they should have to be delivered.
The ordering process was quick and easy and delivery was very quick. My only reservation was that I had an incorrect part sent in my order, I sent an email and somebody tried to ring me once but I was obviously in a meeting or at lunch so I was sent an email saying will you ring me about this rather than ringing me later or sending a resolution via email. I feel the *** was then back on me to sort it out. Other than that I was very happy with the service.
The MK plugs that I ordered (***) appeared to differ only in colour (orange and white). In fact they were of quite different construction, the whilte plugs having much inferior cable anchors, little better in fact than those in Duraplug PF133BLK and products from other manufacturers which are available more cheaply.
Delivery was great and the products also perfect. The only issue I have is the website is terrible to make a big order on. Each item you want to add to you cart you get taken to the cart and you can’t get back to where you where without going through the home page. Website is also very slow. My advise have a look at your competitors website TLC their system works very well.
Better stock control when ordering so you know item is in stock and you will actually get it!
The process of ordering online was ok. When I tried to phone before placing my (small) order for some advice there was no reply. The order arrived on the pre notified time. When I came to fit the bulbs one was faulty.
Edwardes Bros is rated 4.83 based on 9,204 reviews