Direct Car Parts Reviews

sales@directcarparts.co.uk

Front Street
Framwellgate Moor

Tell us how Direct Car Parts made you happy
We weren't given enough notice before delivery.
We emailed you on the day of dispatch with the tracking details for your order including the courier details and tracking number and a link to the tracking website. That was two days before delivery.

Royal mail also notified you by email and text message with a delivery window of four hours. That's assuming that you gave us the correct email address and contact telephone number when you placed the order.

I'm not sure what else you'd realistically expect us to do?
I purchased a part for a car but made an error in the order . I had to contact Direct Car Parts for a return ref that was issued fairly quickly but when I posted it back the cost was three times the cost of delivery using the same carrier ie parcel force , surly something could be done re postal charges where goods have to be returned.
Hi Raymond,

Unfortunately there is no cheap way to return goods especially when you're offshore. We're sorry that you're unhappy with the cost but we did send the item that you ordered.

The cost for us to send a courier to collect the goods would have been over £20 which I think would be considerably more than you paid to return the item in this case. (There are two surcharges with a return of this type; 1 because you're in Northern Ireland and 2 a third party collection charge)

Kind regards,
Simon.
Ordered a Wiper blade for an Mk 2 i30 as it looked like mine in the photo and it was advertised as 13 inches. What arrived was a 12 inch blade which didnt fit as (after a little research) it was for a Kia ceed. After I pointed out the mistake in the advertised length, they seemed to have now changed the length stated on their website. I asked for returns number (as per their policy) in order to send it back for a refund, but they have not replied to my email after 3 days or even admitted they made a mistake .Looking at other companies online, the Ceed 2 rear wiper is different to the i30 mk 2 wiper but their website still suggests they are the same. So I am not confident that with accuracy of their parts descriptions or their refunds policy. Will update if and when I get a full refund (including postage).
As with all reviews there are two sides to the story so let's get a little balance here:

The photo of the part on our website was different from the part that you required and it's obvious from the correspondence following this that you hadn't looked at the photo or read the description which said:

"Please check the image carefully to ensure that the wiper fitment is the same as your original before ordering. If you need help just call our Sales Team."

If you had looked at the photo or read the text you wouldn't have ordered a part which was quite clearly incorrect for your car.

Since then we have admitted that our listing was wrong and we've changed it. We've also asked you to dispose of the part and we've refunded you in full for the part and the postage so you're not out of pocket in anyway.

The positive thing that has come out of this is that an application error has been identified and put right on our website.

Finally you stated that you'd update your review once you received a full refund but so far this hasn't happened.
product very good delivery to long
We're sorry that you feel the delivery was slow but our website does quite clearly show that the item that you ordered would be dispatched in 8-12 days. This was also confirmed by email at the time of ordering. I have checked your order and it was dispatched on the 10th day with Parcelforce on a 48hr service so we did exactly what we said we'd do and made this quite clear at the time of ordering.
Direct Car Parts is rated 4.83 based on 774 reviews