Direct Car Parts Reviews

Paul Fewster
Direct Car Parts 5 star review on 20th April 2016
Colin Jones
Not Arrived
Sent via Royal Mail who appear to be having some service issues in certain location across the country.
Sorry but if you ask for a review and you do not even mention in the email where you are asking for the review what I bought from you please do not expect a good review from me. I buy lots of stuff online for the car. Do you expect me to go back and look through all the emails to find what I bought and then go back to your email and then leave a review? People we also live busy lifes and try to work also. I dont have time for this. I recommend when you ask for review specify what item you are asking the review for so we dont have to go and search ourself. Then you might get more satisfied clients
Thanks for that review Mr Anon. It would be useful if in future if you could actually mention who you are so that we could have a grown up conversation about this.
I asked if a part was correct, providing my vehicle details, reg number and specification.

The reply I received was not helpful, they asked for a picture of my vehicle.

I would expect a car parts vendor to be able to identify the correct part by referencing with the reg and spec (which was provided).

I researched the correct part number on forums and found it myself.
For clarification of facts here's the email:

Hi,
I’m in need of a replacement bumper protector so my 5 Door 2011 BMW 116i Sport (SJ11WUX).

Is the below the correct replacement for my model?

If not, do you stock the correct one?

Thanks
Sean Naylor

Reply:

HI Sean,

Without seeing your rear bumper I can't be sure. Can you email us a picture of the rear of your car showing the lights and bumper in full?

Kind Regards,
Simon.

Chose for yourself if this warrants a 1 star review.
It looks good and I feel the quality of the plastic will protect the rear bumper, but and a big but it doesn't fit my brand new Mercedes C43 saloon
As I said the product looks good but doesn't fit I'll try and sell it on E bay
The reason this doesn't fit your brand new Mercedes is because it's designed to fit a C Class saloon manufactured between 2007 and 2011.

The product description states that it fits the Mercedes C Class saloon rear bumper guard W204 from Jan 2007 to Feb 2011

You've ordered the wrong product.

It would have been better if you'd contacted us to discuss this before posting a 1 star review.
Hello,

I know that you sent me the tracking number. The goods arrived in the Czech Republic in 18.7.2018. No one informed me that they will bring the goods 20.7.2018. Where should I call when I did not know which shipping company should have brought me. And what about money? When you will send me back to my account ? Thank you.

Your review has been responded to.

We're sorry you feel this way about our service but here's what happened; Your order was placed on 4th July and dispatched the same day with Parcelforce International Service to Czech Republic. We emailed you the tracking details that same day too. On the 20th of July an attempt was made to deliver the goods and the local delivery agent reported: Delivery attempted - premises closed. The goods were then held at your local depot until the 26th before being returned to the UK as the item hadn't been called for. The goods have since been received back to our premises. You order has now been refunded in full.
We're sorry you feel this way about our service but here's what happened;

Parts took long time too arrive.

When queried when they would arrive I felt the response was a little rude and patronising.
We've done exactly what we said we'd do from the start and the order was delivered ahead of schedule.

Our website quite clearly states that the part ordered was a "special order item".

It is clear at the checkout before any order is placed what the delivery schedule is. In this case the estimate was to deliver before the 1st May. An order confirmation was also sent automatically to reiterate this delivery schedule by email.

At the time of dispatch you were sent a text message and email to confirm the exact day of delivery along with the tracking number.

The item was delivered and signed for on the 27th of April.
Direct Car Parts is rated 4.81 based on 1,010 reviews