Dannell's Limited Reviews

Elizabeth
Dannell's Limited 1 star review on 7th September 2018
Frazer
More Photos & Videos
excellent kit and unreasonably pleased with my lampshade! Just one problem with the instructions - discovered too late from elsewhere that you need to leave half a cm of extra fabric at one end of the liner. You can then fold that over and you don't get a fraying edge at the seam. This should also be on the otherwise excellent video.
The lady on the telephone was very helpful. But, the reason I phoned was that I found your website to be confusing. In fact the layout was very poor. In my opinion you need to update it and make the choices simpler to understand. People give up browsing if they find it too complicated to navigate. The mind of the web designer should think, ' I know nothing about this product' and should detail it more. For what it is worth that is my opinion!
Apparently what I ordered wasn't in stock. It took 9 days before they realised this & refund me.
In the meantime I missed purchasing elsewhere & I'm still
I wish the delivery was next day?
Very happy with service another why's
I recently ordered my first lampshade kit from Dannell’s and I am so impressed with the results. All pieces arrived as expected and construction was really straightforward. I can’t wait to make another one!
I've been purchasing from Dannells regularly for a few years now and their service is always exceptional! Their products are high quality, shipping is quick and reliable and their customer service is second to none. I would highly recommend them.
I love the range of stuff Dannells have and use them to order most of the shade making bits I need. The reason for the 'Acceptable' star is because I haven't been pleased with the quality of a number of things I've ordered - more than the odd 1 or 2 things. Nothing quite enough to cause me to return things but... rolls of vinyl which are 30cm shorter than advertised, vinyl supplied with a score through it, or regular faint streaks, cellophane rolls which regularly break when unrolling due to small cuts in the side of the rolls, shade rings which have weld joins which aren't lined up well at all, rolled edge tools with serrations not cut properly, meaning they don't do the job, and vinyl panels which don't overlap enough to cover the seam tape supplied. However, most of these I can live with/work around, and I'll continue to order from them because they are reasonable value, good range and most of the stuff is great, most of the time.
Delighted with the lantern kits for my silk painting. Great service and quality products. First class support and advice.
Very good service
Really good product - I made some fabulous lampshades (not because Im that clever or anything - just that the products are very good and easy to do a good job with). Came very quickly and the lampshades are great
Purchased a lamp shade online from a well known internet company but did not know that the shade had a duplex fitting (needing a shade carrier) until it arrived yesterday (Wednesday) evening. Disappointed as we thought we would not be able to enjoy our new table over Christmas. Ordered a shade carrier from Dannell's at 20.00 on Wednesday, received confirmation of despatch on Thursday morning and, using the best courier in the UK (in my opinion), will be delivered on Friday. This is service at its' best, and sets the standard for all internet traders.
I have emailed you about this product but you haven't replied, that shows me you don't care about your customers opinions!
Nothing like the proof I was sent, in the proof image was full height of the shade and the background needs to match the image looks terrible can’t be used
Dannell's Limited 1 star review on 7th September 2018
I think I must have had old stock as the tape fir the light shades was a bit gooey than sticky.
Disorganised!
haven't received items yet
Terrible website - so user unfriendly and lady who emails in response to queries is awful too. I have asked on numerous occasions for help with ordering as website is so bad . She simply refers me to website ! Last time I ordered it took 4 emails before she gave me any useful information. She is curt to the point of rudeness. Terrible organisation. I will go elsewhere in future. Product was fine when I got it so just the website and Diane who lets it down.
Really happy in general, only as a first customer the description for the product was misleading as it said 'your printed fabric will arrive with the kit' (not quoted but look on your website) so I expected a Lampshade kit with my custom print order, and when I messaged to enquire if I was to expect it soon as it didn't come together, the girl replying wrote one sentence to tell me, no. Which as a new customer, was not good customer service and an apology for the misunderstanding would have been valued, and because of the site description was misleading, some sort of sympathetic acknowledgement would have been nice. I will be returning regularly to order as I am a Designer and this first time experience with you did not give a good first impression due to the communication I received; but I was very happy with my custom print, but I didn't order the Drum Lampshade Kit which I thought I was getting originally with it because of the response I had this time.
Dannell's Limited is rated 4.81 based on 1,119 reviews