Clerksroom Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Clerksroom Direct
Read Clerksroom Direct Reviews

Equity House Blackbrook Park Avenue

Tell us how Clerksroom Direct made you happy
Can anyone explain why my claim is rejected rudely before the person even knows any details of my case, hanging up the phone twice when i ask for a reason.
I chose this company as they had a number of reviews saying they provided short notice help e.g. over a weekend, but they let me down. My case wasn't being heard for another 9 days. I raised a case on their website, was contacted quickly saying they had somone free and provided a profile. I provided more detail, then received a poorly worded email from an iphone saying they didn't have anyone, and good luck with the hearing. Thanks!
I would not recommend Clerksroom Direct in a million years and would give no stars if I was able to. I sent a statement of case to them requesting a quote. They came back with a fixed fee which we agreed and paid the monies for the agreed fixed fee to them. Upon receipt of the funds, the Clerk called me and informed me that he had appointed a barrister for the case but his fees would be four times that of the fixed fee previously agreed. We were not in a position to pay the increased fixed fee quote. The clerk then suggested a further barrister, X. The clerk said that X wanted to speak to me to discuss the matter with me. When I spoke to X he said he understood that I wanted to speak to him as the Clerk had told him I wanted to discuss the matter with him! It became obvious after a few minutes of speaking with X that he had absolutely no knowledge of the case and hadn't read the statement of case. He was asking me a load of questions which he would have known the answers to if he had read the statement. He just appeared to be rambling and not listening to what I was saying to him. He said he would read the statement and either he or the clerk would get back to me. Neither did regarding my conversation with X even though I requested on at least 2 occasions whether the clerk had heard back from X. The clerk just chose to ignore this request and instead suggested yet another barrister who would be available just to turn up at court on the day of the hearing. This was not what we wanted and not what had initially been agreed would be undertaken by the barrister. Our monies were refunded. We then became aware that X had just returned to the Bar after a 3 year disqualification and what's more was about to face another disciplinary hearing and was subsequently disqualified for a further 3 months which would have meant he would not have been available for our hearing. Clerksroom Direct must have been aware of the pending disciplinary hearing of X or should have been because it is in the public domain. I got the impression that the clerk was in fact out of the country and in a different time zone and was not really interested in dealing with my matter. Ps by the way 5 star rating below is by someone from Clerksroom Direct. How desperate is that!
They recommended the ChemSex barrister Henry Hendron, without realising he was a fraud and was about to be suspended again by the BSB Avoid this company.
Poor Experience; abrupt, rude even. Not the experience i expected. There is the right way to give service and the wrong way regardless of the situation. Sadly i experienced the latter with this company.
We are extremely sorry to hear that you feel that way. It doesn't sound like us at all! We pride ourselves on our commitment to providing a service that is friendly, polite, efficient, knowledgeable and cost-effective. The other reviews that have been left for our business on Reviews.co.uk demonstrate that we achieve that the vast majority of the time. It's a shame that you have left an anonymous review - at least if we knew your name we could try to make up for your disappointment.
If you can get in contact with this organisation you'll be doing very well, much less actually instruct anyone! Managed it once and "Rory" spoke the speak but did not actually find me a barrister, despite saying he could! His attitude speaks volumes for the legal profession.
Clerksroom Direct is rated 4.66 based on 77 reviews