Clerksroom Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Clerksroom Direct
Read Clerksroom Direct Reviews

Equity House Blackbrook Park Avenue

Tell us how Clerksroom Direct made you happy
I wish I would have approached Clerksroom Direct years ago!
I sent an enquiry and the next day I received a reply from a friendly, organised and efficient Sam Morgan that they could help, my file was opened and my details were passed on to Paul Dipre. I uploaded my documents using their easy to use secure portal and paid the fee online. An appointment for me to speak to Paul was arranged, who phoned me without delay. He was experienced and professional who listened to my case and explained the process. After a few days of thinking and emailed afterthoughts to Paul who replied to all my emails quickly. I had made up my mind to go ahead, he suggested while he was willing to attend court, I may want to consider a barrister locally to save costs.
I contacted Sam who quickly replied and gave my details to Mark O'Callaghan, we arranged an appointment and I paid the fee through the link sent.
When I heard from Mark, he was friendly, sympathetic, reassuring and professional - I was quickly put at ease. We agreed that he would draw up all the paperwork which he did to an exceptional standard. We corresponded on email through the months and on the day of my Hearing which was by telephone, Mark met me and we spoke about the process. He spoke on my behalf to the Judge and the Defendant and he won my case!
I cannot thank Clerksroom Direct enough especially Mark. I'd definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone and worth every penny. Keep up the great work Clerksroom.
Posted 1 hour ago
Fantastic help, support and advice from Rebecca Hodgkin and from Philip Bowen. Rebecca is very effective and tenacious and has helped me to be reunited with my son in a family court matter. Also excellent service received from Sam, Public Access Senior Clerk, at all times. Would definitely recommend.
Excellent service
Twice we have trusted a barrister recommend to us by a member of staff at clerksrooms direct. And twice we have been let down by an unprepared, unprofessional barrister.

First time round the barrister failed to notice that the court trail was a ‘directions’ hearing something we feel a professional should of noticed.
Meaning the case which was prepared in full and we had paid for would never have been presented as it was issued for direction only.
He also failed to do a full breakdown of costs meaning when the case was struck out we weren't awarded costs which would normally happen in this situation.
He didn’t issue the correct defense/counter claim.
We accepted a court undertaking presented by the barrister as a substitute to an injunction, that again wasn’t properly carried out. All these to a non lawyer professional were not evident.

When we needed a barrister again, following on from the previous case, the original barrister wasn’t available, so we were recommended another one by a member of staff at clerksroom direct
Today we’ve been to court for a harassment case, again the barrister was unprepared for the case.
He failed to notice the court hearing was a hybrid case costing us more to get him to attend in person.
After telling us we had a good case leading up the trial, he failed to notice key points were missing costing us a total of £7140 for him to travel from London to Manchester to tell us that our case was bound to fail. Funny how it all changes once they’ve got your money in their pocket.

Although we are being referred to the barristers directly, in each instance we’ve been recommended them by clerksroom direct, and paid clerksroom for the services provided. They claim to find you the right barrister and experts. Their duty of care should be in the interests of the client.
We would like to make people aware and to hopefully stop them being put in the same position as us, by using barristers not fit for purpose.
They claim Quality Assurance Guaranteed so have got to accept some responsibility for the actions of barristers they recommend to people, we were guided by their recommendations and assurances. We feel we are thousands of pounds out of pocket and our case messed up because we were unable to rely on the recommendations or barrister provided.
Thank you so much for your help and being so diligent with this.

I am so happy we managed to resolve this and it’s one less thing for me to deal with.

Kindest regards
Excellent service from Clerksroom. I would recommend their services.
Sam was a very approachable clerk offering a range of options from barristers countrywide. Highly recommendable.
Very personable clerk, a wide range of barrister's skill sets to assist all over the country.
From our first exchange, right through to the final hearing, the Clerksoom Direct team were excellent. Helpful, courteous and responsive.

Furthermore, the barrister allocated, Mr Angus Gloag, was also fantastic. He was a perfect fit for both the client and the case and bent over backwards to ensure that the case was as good as it could be.

Brilliant service from start to finish - thank you.
Sam was very helpful and knowledgeable. Would recommend
- Tina took on the case at such late notice
- upmost and above and beyond
- judge was very pleased at tinas outstanding understand in the case and short amount of time
- considering all other barristers declined to rep me due to the time me scale

Sam was an amazing assistant and can not thank him for putting me forward

Tina used a lot of case experience

Will continue to use Tina

I can not thank Clerk Room direct. Sam Morgan and Tina Villrosa. During the most difficult time in my life I contacted Sam who could not have been more helpful. When out of his way to provide me with the most suitable barristers to my case and explained everything to me perfectly. During this time no other barristers wanted to take on my case due to the short time period and the complexity of the case however Sam tried everything he could and put me through to Tina Villarosa which i am extremely grateful for.

Tina Villarosa has gone above and beyond during my case and has really took her time to understand each aspect of the case. Tina was the only barrister that would represent me in such a short time frame. Even the Judge was very pleased with Tinas work and presentation and stated that she was very impressed. Tina spent her Saturdays and working all hours trying to understand the case and explained everything to me clearly. Tina is very experience and this reassures me that the best person is involved in my case.

I am still working with Tina and Sam and can not be more grateful for the time and commitment they have shown me compared to my previous representation. Due to their help and support it has made my situation slightly bearable and I could not be more grateful for all their time and efforts.
Thank you Clerks Room Direct.
Excellent service, response rate was rapid from Sam everytime, he got me sorted straight away, even after I enquired late evening.

Phil was brilliant, put my mind at ease, very professional, knowledgeable and did an amAzing job, couldn't be happier with him.

Really happy with service and would recommend 100%

Thank you.
I am very happy with the service I received. My barrister Mr.O' Callaghan explained things every step of the way, kept me informed and did a great job. We also got a great result in court as he knew his stuff! Would definitely use again.
contacted this organisation a few months ago, paid a deposit for the services of a Barrister. I was advised that the date was booked in her diary. Closer to the date I asked to speak to the barrister to ensure she had all the relevant information. I was advised by Sam that, the Barrister will not look at it until I have made the full payment. My view is that, how could you make a full payment without even having a conversation with the person who will be representing you? This is not good practice. Surely, one must be sure that the barrister understands the undertaking before contracting. At a later date, I once again asked to speak the barrister, stating I was unwilling to pay the full fees before speaking to the barrister. On this occasion, I was given an appointment. I then was told to call the main number. I asked for the main number and was told its in the email signature. I advised that from my view, there was not any number in the email signature. I was told, it's in the email signature. I them wrote stating thus far I have had poor customer service as I was not happy with the communication with Sam. With just 4 weeks to go to my hearing, Sam then emailed me and said they will not be taking on my case because I said the customer service thus far was poor. How unprofessional is that. No consideration for the fact that the complaint is about him and not the barrister, who I did not get a chance to speak to and the client now has to find another barrister within 4 weeks. This is not professional at all in my opinion. Clients should be treated with respect and courtesy.

Thier website states that the service contract is with the Barrister not clerksroom. I assume that the barrister is the person who should be cancelling the contract not Sam as my concern is my communication with him.

I asked him if this was his decision to make or the barrister - all I was told is that the barrister is in agreement with him.
I would really recommend these guys. We had an urgent County Court matter over Christmas that needed representation early in the New Year. Sam was incredibly helpful. He got us sorted out in no time and always replied to my emails - activity that is always very gratefully received. The fact that it was holiday season (when you might expect things to slow down) made his responsiveness even more impressive. Thank you Sam - hopefully we’ll have need of your services again in the future.
I highly recommend Mariam El-Sobky an excellent family Barrister. I instructed her recently in a family contact proceeding and she was excellent.
Nite expensive than a local barrister promised me ‘the right man for the job

who then backed out just two wks before court date
The ‘excellent replacement didn’t want to
be there sat there silent throughout the hearing i walked away with less than i’d hoped for as usual
Save yourself the money find a good
local barrister/solicitor do not use these clowns
V responsive indeed
Quote was also reasonable
Immediate response to all correspondence, extremely helpful and have an array of expertise at very reasonable rates.
I was happy with the swift way in which my enquiry was responded to. The barrister, Mark O'Callaghan was approachable, managed to get a good grasp of the situation quickly and responded helpfully and very swiftly to all my communications.
Clerksroom Direct is rated 4.64 based on 179 reviews