Charley Chau Reviews

Based on 1,244 reviews
5 out of 5
Read Charley Chau Reviews

About Charley Chau:

Charley Chau makes beautiful bedding for dogs that look gorgeous in your home. An award-winning small British business, we focus on designing luxury dog beds and blankets that are cosy, stylish and practical, and made to perform over time. Comfort for our canine customers is paramount, as is styling for our human customers, and we design to a mantra of ‘machine washable everything’. We set out to make the most beautiful dog beds in the UK and we’re proud to say that we now have customers in over sixty countries around the world.

marketing@charleychau.com

Unit F, The Courts, Kestrel Road`, Trafford Park

Tell us how Charley Chau made you happy
Our Anjara has been a fan of the Charley Chau beds for the last ten years! ( she is in the possession of three...) we were looking for a snuggle bed since she crawled under her previous beddings. I was thrilled to discover that indeed someone was thinking of designing just the right bed for dogs who love hiding and being covered while resting. As the first bed arrived she immediately knew how to handle it! It was like she was waiting for this bed her whole life! Now she will turn 15 and we had to replace her first bed. The old one lasted for many years. Thank you Charley Chau!
Charley Chau 5 star review on 21st April 2022
Hi Iwona, Thank you so much for your lovely review and the photo of beautiful Anjara. I can't believe she's fifteen! And thank you for your continued support for Charley Chau. Bests, Jenny
Excellent dog bed , really well made and my whippet loves it . The customer service is the best I have ever dealt with and couldn’t be more helpful
Excellent product and service and timely Delivery. Would highly recommend!
Charley Chau 5 star review on 6th August 2022
I've been a customer of Charley Chau for over 10 years and have never been disappointed. The beds are exceptionally well designed and made. Their passion for creating beautiful, practical dog beds shines through.
Charley Chau 5 star review on 5th August 2022 Charley Chau 5 star review on 5th August 2022
I have purchased 3 beds from charley chau, two for my dogs and 1 for my brother's dog, all dachshunds. They absolutely LOVE their beds, I love to watch them spread out, they keep very warm and I all see is their little noses poking out!
Charley Chau 5 star review on 4th August 2022
Our whippet loves these snuggle beds. We bought a second cover recently - very pleased with it!
Evie, our Boston Terrier, loves her Snuggle Bed and can't wait for winter to fully take advantage of her fluffy 'dog cave'! Great communication and service from the Charley Chau team too. We will be back for more!
Love the Snuggle bed cover,great quality and delightful colours. Thanks
Charley Chau 5 star review on 3rd August 2022
International order: Expect to pay further 30% (including handling fees from the delivery company), despite paying already 30 GBP (!) shipping costs. Customer service/communication sounds a bit unprofessional. Product looks nice.
Quality product made in England. It is hard these days to find something not made in China. The bed with the memory foam mattress and bolster pads is a real hit with Gryff, the Welsh terrier. As soon as it was unpacked he jumped in and clearly was enjoying himself. I can't say enough good things about Jenny and Christine, they were extremely helpful throughout and the package arrived in Australia with minimal delay. There is a great selection of products sold by Charley Chau and I'll be ordering further items soon. Gryff is a bit spoilt !!!
Brilliant service, bed arrived very quickly and when I needed help with dog collar sizes, I got reply immediately. Thank you!!!
Just bought my second snuggle bed after the first one lasting over 8 years. My whippets love it. Jumped straight in when it arrived
Charley Chau 5 star review on 30th July 2022 Charley Chau 5 star review on 30th July 2022 Charley Chau 5 star review on 30th July 2022
Wonderfully plush, exactly as described. My dogs and cats love it!
Charley Chau 5 star review on 29th July 2022 Charley Chau 5 star review on 29th July 2022
The Bolster bed is excellent: fits both the dogs and enough room for blankets to snuggle under too
Awesome quality blankets and beds - the best out there
Beautiful, comfy snuggle beds given the full Seal of Whippet Approval by my two dogs. As for me, I'm utterly delighted with the quick response from Charley Chau - including a swiftly sent refund when I ordered and returned the wrong size bed! Can't rate this site highly enough. Thank you, Charley Chau!
The first bed I bought was good , expensive but satisfactory and my boy Woody loved snuggling inside. I purchased a replacement mattress recently which has turned out to be disappointing and of poor quality compared to the first one, it's far to soft not filled very well and it just dosent support my dog it sags terribly to the extent its very easily flattened by 15kg Whippet who is more or less lying in the ground now. I don't know if they are cost cutting to increase or maintain profit margin plus the cost of postage is far to expensive no matter what items you order £7 . I won't be buying from Charley Chau again due to the decline in the product quality and price ...
Dear Jayne, I am so, so sad to see that we have not met your expectations as a returning customer. As per the emails sent by Jenny and myself, the mattress that you received was filled with a softer fibre than is usual with our mattresses - this was an error on the part of our mattress makers and unfortunately a small number were sent out before we identified that there was an issue. The filling used is not a cheap alternative or lower quality fibre, it simply has a softer feel and "loft" and compresses down differently to the regular fibre we use. To be 100% clear, this was an error by our mattress makers that we didn't pick up quickly enough - we have not changed the specification of our mattresses or the materials that go into making them. We pride ourselves on the long-term performance of our products and always will do. In terms of postage costs - we know that paying for online postage is galling but sadly as a small business we can't offer free shipping. Our courier bill for this year is expected to be in excess of £70,000 and that's just a cost we can't absorb "for free" because it's not free. We could just add shipping onto our product prices and then announce to everyone that we're offering free shipping but I don't feel it would be very honest. And we charge shipping at cost to our custoemr and do not make any profit on the cost of it which many retailers do. I have sent a follow-up email privately in the hope that we can find a solution to ensuring that your Whippet is restored to the Charley Chau comfort they deserve and have come to expect. Once again, I am so sorry that you have had a negative experience with Charley Chau. Best wishes, Christine (co founder)
Nice website with the main product information displayed. Communication was great and the unboxing experience was nice with a personalised touch. You can feel that the company cares about its customers and more importantly about the dogs' needs and wellbeing.
This was my second purchase of a replacement snuggle sack cover after the original had finally worn out after many years of use, just goes to show how well made and durable the products are. Well worth the investment. Upon ordering I made a mistake when entering the delivery address a quick email to Charley Chau rectified the error swiftly and my order was received the next day. Fabulous service.
Charley Chau 5 star review on 26th July 2022
My terriers just love these beds. We’ve had several over the years. Great that they can be washed so easily and spare covers are so practical. Beautifully made, and even though they’re not cheap, they are totally worth the expense.
Charley Chau 5 star review on 25th July 2022
This is our 7th bed purchase - no, not because we have 7 whippets, we have 2 but, they need one in every room don't they?
Charley Chau is rated 4.9 based on 1,244 reviews