Camps International Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

Tell us how Camps International made you happy

"Camps International has always been both enthusiastic and organised in their approach to taking our pupils on a journey of a life time. Their Portal is easy to use and the regular contact and webinars are appreciated to help keep pupils and teachers alike focused on the long term goal. They are there at the end of the line to help, especially if there is an issue. Pupils who have decided not to go have always been dealt with efficiently and effectively in terms of return or refunds where required. The pupils have and will this year enjoy an amazing trip that will be both educational, benefit the community they are working in and be a life changing experience, something the pupils have already said before even going!!!"
Hi there,
Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so pleased to hear you've enjoyed your journey so far with us. Keeping students and teachers motivated, involved and supported throughout the lead up to the expedition is of huge importance to us so it's great to hear this feedback.
We can't wait to hear how your team gets on during your expedition.
Best Wishes,
The Camps Crew
"My daughter learned new skills and the effort to help build homes for the victims of Katrina helped her look at volunteerism in a different light."
Hi Gitanjali,
Thank you for your review. Its lovely to hear that your daughter's expedition has allowed her to look at volunteering in a different light.
The Camps Crew
"I first went to Camp Kenya in 2012, then Camp Tanzania in 2014. The impact on students was nothing other than awesome. truly inspirational which led students to take a gap year to Camp Borneo. The best thing I have ever done in 32 years of teaching! Julia Flavin"
Hi Julia,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear that your students have been inspired to continue their travels in their gap year!
The Camps Crew
"We would definitely use Camps International again. Amazing expedition."
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your expedition and hope you travel again with us soon!
The Camps Crew
"Camps International is an awesome opportunity for pupil, staff and schools."
Hi there,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're proud that our trips offer amazing opportunities for students to develop.
The Camps Crew
"Camps International is a fantastic opportunity for pupils to learn beyond the school"
Hi there,
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear this feedback!
The Camps Crew
"Great experiences, enthusiastic staff and a real passion for making a difference to communities. Students on expeditions have gained the confidence to widen their horizons."
Hi Caroline,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear that your students have gained confidence through our expeditions and we hope you'll join us again on expedition one day!
The Camps Crew
"We have had a partnership with Camps now for 8 years. Our 5th expedition goes out to Kenya in 2020. Our experience with camps has been excellent and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough."
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your great feedback. It's great to have your continued support and we hope that you enjoy your trip to Kenya in 2020!
The Camps Crew
"Camps has done an incredible job inspiring students at my school to make a difference. They have been given unique opportunities to visit incredible places and, while there, make a genuine difference to communities. The students have developed independence, a moral compass, leadership skills and self confidence. I cannot recommend Camps highly enough."
Hi Matthew,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's amazing to hear that you students have been inspired to make a difference by our expeditions. We are dedicated to making our trips educational and enjoyable so this is great to see!
The Camps Crew
"I would like to take this opportunity to thanks Camps International and Kings School Al Barsha for an amazing trip they organised for my son in year 10. He came back full of enthusiasm as he loved meeting the children, the Organisers and Security of the camp and felt it was an amazing in his words 'awesome' experience. Something that he wont ever forget - thank you! Regards Rachel McGrath"
Hi Rachel,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're proud of all of our trips so it's great to hear that your son had such an awesome time!
The Camps Crew
"Our daughter had a great time at her camp in Nepal . Very well organized and a fantastic personality development opportunity for her !! Would recommend to all ."
Hi Sunaina,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Nepal is an amazing country so it's great to hear your daughter had such an amazing time.
The Camps Crew
"the people who work in the Tanzania Moshi camp, were very supportive and kind. The only thing that could've been improved was the food- it should cater to vegetarians and everyone's individual needs."
Hi Lakshmi,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's great to hear this feedback about our team and will pass it on. All of our camps are prepared to cater for any dietary requirements so we apologise that this was not the case for you. If you could drop us an email at operations@campsinternational.com with more detail we would love to be able to follow this up.
The Camps Crew
"It was an amazing experiment and I highly recommend it"
Hi Eden,
Thank you for your review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your time on expedition.
The Camps Crew
"Ashhad had an amazing experience right from start of journey to food and accommodation. Especially meeting with the locals and visiting the school mkrnhim realise that u can be happy by enjoying little moments in life. We were getting regular updates as kids were not allowed to communicate. Overall an experience he will cherish all his lifetime."
Hi Zoobia,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are dedicated to making sure our trips are enjoyable and educational so it's great to hear that Ashhad found the expedition so rewarding.
The Camps Crew
"My son Ashhad came back with many stories and good experiences. Especially meeting at the local school made him and the others realise the privilege they have learning at the school. We were receiving regular updates and pictures on their daily activities and location, especially as the kids were not allowed to communicate with their parents themselves. Right from the start of the journey, food, accommodation everything was amazing. He had an experience of lifetime."
Hi Khalid,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that Ashhad had an amazing time on expedition and we hope that he'll join us again one day!
The Camps Crew
"Paid attention to the details. Answered all the questions. Taken very well care of the kids."
Hi,
Thank you for leaving us a review. It's fantastic to hear this great feedback!
The Camps Crew
"Having taken a large group to Peru with Camps International last summer, I experienced both amazing and horrific situations. The team leader, given by Camps, was atrocious. He was sexist, calling me a diva when I'd demanded our 15/16 year old students were given food for lunch during an 8 hour coach journey, because they said they wouldn't need food in that time - apparently I was asking too much. He was rude to the students, made sexual comments about other staff members to the students, and that's just the small things! When I became seriously ill, and it turned out to be sepsis, he had been telling me all along that 'if you were a student I'd tell you to carry on; you're fine' - suggesting I was making it all up. 10 days in ICU/hospital is far from that I think. He was utterly appalling, and complained to the company about me: said I put the student's safety at risk because I questioned his decisions. Good thing I did, or I may well be dead now! When discussed with the company Director, who came to visit me, I was told my school had already been contacted and had been told I was being difficult. Camps contacted my employer BEFORE speaking with me or anyone other than this misogynistic man, to pass on that I was apparently making our students unsafe. All of this was a lie. None of this was true. And when they bothered to speak to the other staff and adults, this became apparent, including from their second team leader who was wonderful - a young woman who cared deeply about the children; and this was added in the reviews they asked us to do at the end. Shockingly we had no feedback from our comments about the male leader, and I believe this leader will continue to work for the company. He is unsafe with children, has no personal skills and put my actual life at risk. So, based on that I will never be using this company again. This individual was on the trip so he could travel; not for the benefit of the children. The Director has not, to my knowledge, dealt with this. I had a visit from an in country liaison after this leader had been sending daily updates on what he thought I'd done - for example asking what time we were leaving the following day, which he deemed as questioning his authority; asking him to clarify what time breakfast was, which he didn't feel I needed to know; asking whether students should pack the night before, which he didn't believe was needed, they should just get up earlier in the morning, and they didn't need to have that much information about the next day; challenging him on the amount of time it would take for a 15 year old to pack a bag, as he thought 5-10 minutes would be enough. No experience of younger students. No experience of a group that size. No ability to accept a female leader. Neither my new school, nor my old school, will be using this company. They did not recognise that the teachers and the students are, in fact, the customer. If you want to maintain business, you approach situations professionally. The plus side was that the country was amazing, and the work with the community was a wonderful experience for the students. The medical care was also very good, although myself and a colleague had to argue with some Camps staff to get me to a hospital, even when I was finding it hard to breath. Once there though, the care was exceptional. Sadly, all of these positives can be found in other companies. Many of which have been running for much longer, with more experience and better reviews. I thought I'd feel more positively toward the company some months on, but I don't. They've called multiple times to try and arrange another trip with me, but I will be making damn sure no one I know in education ever uses this company. The team leader was dangerous. And he still works there. Enough said."
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on your experience of Peru last summer. We welcome all your feedback and take any complaint such as this very seriously.

A public forum such as this is not an appropriate place to discuss the details of your complaint so we request that you direct this to our operations@campsinternational.co.uk email address so we may have the opportunity to respond in full and in detail.

However, based on the information here, we have looked at the reports from your 2018 summer expedition, and have spoken to the team involved in the delivery of your expedition and vehemently refute your claims. We take the health and safety of our volunteers very seriously and on the rare occasion that relationship problems do occur between members of the Leadership Team, in most cases we are able to resolve this successfully. Our excellent safety record and industry leading standards are key factors for schools choosing us, along with our Learning Outside the Classroom accreditation.

We are really happy to hear that your students had an amazing 4 week expedition with us and had some wonderful experiences with the project work they were involved with, as that is what our expeditions are all about. Camps International are incredibly grateful to the support teachers give us and allow us to run these life-changing expeditions for their students. Without you all, we would not be able to continue to support the local communities, wildlife and environmental projects that positively change so many lives.

The Camps Crew
"My child returned a different person in understanding the world better, recognizing our differences and appreciating our common ground. Thank you!"
Hi there,
Thank you for your great feedback. We are dedicated to making our trips educational and enjoyable so it's great to hear that your child had a better understanding of the world on return from their trip.
The Camps Crew
"Camps international made our DOE trip to Kenya absolutely amazing. all the way from the wonderful welcome we got and the stay in Camp Tsavo, down to the delicious food they made for us. They had given us so much background on their culture and tarditions in Kenya, even a professor could not beat them. Overall, it was a mind-blowing experience and I would most definetly go there again."
Hi Snigdha,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay in Camp Tsavo and were able to learn more about African culture and traditions. We hope you'll be back to join us again soon!
Camps International is rated 4.51 based on 208 reviews