Camps International Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

How would you rate Camps International ?

"Went on the 2015 Peru school expedition with camps, it was an amazing experience that I would definitely recommend to anyone. We were given the opportunity to see some spectacular places with our friends and realise how fortunate we are to be born in such luxurious lifestyles in contrast to life in Peru. The camps international staff from Peru and our group leaders were extremely friendly and helpful. Although, the organisation of project work was poor on camps internationals behalf. There was not a sufficient amount of equipment available for the group to use which meant we weren't able to utilise each member of our team (which was a big size of 40) and this was the same story at each camp we visited; Colca, Titicaca and Moray. More people, more work done? But without the right amount of equipment (spades,pickaxes wheelbarrows etc) the size of our group didn't matter. One of the aspects of the trip that appealed to me was to see that I could make a difference to changing the quality of life for the communities that we visited, however we never got to see the end product of what our hard work had achieved. If the work was more concentrated rather than having numerous different jobs which you would only work on once it may have been different. The feeling from the locals was that they could do it better by themselves and the language barrier was a challenge at times which again limited the success and progress we made. To add to this, the amount of food that camps international gave us was simply not enough. At meals it was rare for there to be second portions which meant energy levels around camp were dangerously low at times regarding the amount of work we were doing on a daily basis. Despite these issues, overall I thoroughly enjoyed my month in Peru the highlight completing the 5 day Salkantay Trail with the reward of seeing Machu Pichhu at the end, an unforgettable experience!"
Katie Stevenson
Verified Buyer
"Unfortunately I am not able to attend my trip to South Africa due to operations and other hospital appointments; however certain members of staff have been very useful in helping me get the deposit I paid back. However at the same time, I feel like I have been messed around as i booked the trip with yourselves nearly a year ago. I understand that you need all the proof possible, but when it came to relaying the information back to myself or keeping me up to date with where I stand, always seemed to much trouble."
Camps International is rated 4.62 based on 104 reviews