Camps International Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

How would you rate Camps International ?

"I've had the pleasure of organising 2 expeditions with Camps at my school. In 2015 we travelled to Borneo and 2017 we travelled to Peru. I have found the organisation very professional both at HQ and in the destination country as well. At all stages of the organisation of the trips I've been fully supported and always had my enquiries dealt with fully. Whilst we were in Borneo we had a incident with a student which resulted in them needing to be repatriated, at all times of the day Camps were co-ordinating the situation allowing me to get on with the rest of the trip with the remaining students. In terms of a life changing expedition I can not rate them highly enough. The level of projects that the students get involved in is excellent and so relevant to improving peoples' lives, it really broadens the minds of any participants."
"My time in Cambodia with Camps International was an incredible experience, I was able to learn so much about not only Cambodia but myself."
"I went an a month long expedition to Cambodia in 2018. During the trip we learnt all about the Cambodian history and culture through emotional visits to the S21 prison and the killing fields as well as stories from the camps staff who were super friendly and helpful. We also took part in a padi scuba diving course for a week off the coast before we went to the camps where we completed our project work which included building a toilet and well for a local family and helping in the local schools which was all very rewarding. We ended our trip in Siem Reap where we experienced more of the culture when we visited the impressive Angkor Wat temple and a few of the other temples."
"By giving my daughter the opportunity of a lifetime. My daughter has raised all of her expedition fees by hard work. She has thrived on this task and it has been a great learning curve that things don't come free in life, work hard and reap the reward. Thank you for all your help Camps International and I would highly recommend this company to all schools and gap year students."
"I went on the 3 month trip to Ecuador and Peru with the Galapagos add on in January-March 2018. I had the most amazing time on my gap year and would definitely recommend. The people on my trip were amazing company (13 of us doing the whole 3 months) and the camp leaders were always so welcoming and friendly. The food there was surprisingly always fantastic- shout out to the local chefs Theo and Sonya! The projects we worked at were always varied and we felt we were being useful at all times (projects included: building church benches, painting the playground, cementing the health centre, digging septic tanks, creating a medicinal garden, building a greenhouse, chalking and meshing Adobe walls and teaching). The Maestroes in Ecuador were particularly friendly and would teach us their techniques for cementing, plastering, painting and grouting. Teaching the school kids in Peru was also very fun. This programme is amazing as all the camps in Ecuador (we went to 4) are really nice and all the camps in Peru (went to 3) have amazing views. You also get to visit local towns and cities between camps so you really have the opportunity to explore and get to know the country. This gap year programme is great because you get a lot more freedom than the school trips I imagine. The galapagos add on was great as we got to snorkel with sharks, turtles, sea lions, rays and see the marine iguanas and tortoises. I highly recommend this add on despite the extra expense. Of course the salkantay trek at the end to see Machu Picchu was equally as amazing and definitely one of the many highlights of the trip. This trip was during the rainy season which meant that Ecuador was hot and humid but Peru was dryer. Both countries had heavy rainfall during certain times of the day. However this meant the countries were lush and beautiful. I would recommend doing the trip for the whole 3 months. A lot of people who came with us for 2 weeks to 2 months ended up extending their trip once they were there anyway. There are things you might need to get used to like the bugs (BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT PLEASE), camping, toilets and weather but you will soon get used to all of this. By the end of the trip no one was scared of spiders anymore! My only regret was that the 4/5 month trip including Costa Rica and Nicaragua was not yet available for me to go on. So please consider this programme and happy travels!! 💗"
"I went away with camps over the most recent summer (2017) to Ecuador/Galapagos. The trip provided me with many great memories to swimming with the fish to the beautiful views at all the camps that we stayed. we even started calling base camp 'home.' I was the only one from my school to go and everyone was so friendly and I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you for a brilliant experience."
"My son has just done a month in ecuador on a school expedition. He thrived on this trip. I had my concerns as he has a few social problems. To be told your child was the best worker out there. Helpful to other students and motivating others was a joy to be heard. It helped having a expedition leader that was fantastic. With never being away from home before he didn't want to come home. I recommend the schools expeditions as you have so much support. He would love to go again. He keeps in touch with people that worked and live in ecuador. My son's group consisted of 2 schools who didn't know each other prior to the trip and they all got on like a little family. I'd recommend camps international to anybody thinking of volunteering to help others. My son put in so much and he got so much out of it. Thank you for giving my son an amazing experience."
"Both our children experienced a camps trip (Ecuador 2015 and Peru 2017). What a fabulous , professional organisation . Whilst in Peru my son needed medical assistance (His own fault) they kept me up to date with everything and ensured he was treated quickly and effectively . Both my children talk of experiences I can only dream of . Thank you for making it happen . I would 100% recommend the organisation . Totally transparent and totally get it right"
"I had the most incredible month of my life on a trip to Ecuador. It was two years ago now but I still think about it very often. The people we met, work we did and sights we saw all combined to be an incredible time."
"Best 2 weeks I've experienced! Planning to go back and help Camp Beng Mealea again! The people are so friendly and in just 2 weeks I truly made a second family. Cambodia will be my second home as I'm now in love with the country!"
"The 2017 school expedition to the Phillipines Gave me the opportunity of a life time, and allowed me to find myself, it Gave me the chance to do and see things outside my comfort zone. This experience was life changing. Jess"
"Just over two months ago I got back from my trip to Borneo as part of team Jati. I can't put into words just how unbelievable those 4 weeks were, it was the most amazing experience of my life and I made the most amazing friends with everyone from my group. I would just like to thank Camps International because this trip changed my life for the better. I really hope to come back soon ???? Thank you Camps ????????"
"school expedition-Borneo 2016- Team Bajau! About two months ago I got back from an expedition volunteering in Borneo for a month. Going on this trip was the best decision I've made in my life so far. The whole experience was amazing and I can't thank the people that I went with and who shared this experience with me enough for being so supportive and also completely hilarious! I loved going to each of the different camps and meeting the staff and locals out there. It was amazing to be able to learn about their culture and way of life. One thing that really stood out to me was the ability that the people out there had to always be positive and to see the best in everything. It was also amazing to be welcomed so warmly by all of the locals and staff and to feel a part of this huge family. The places that we visited were so beautiful and I feel extremely lucky to have had this opportunity. I loved getting stuck into the project work such as painting, building, beach cleans, planting, and so much more! It was a pleasure to meet every person out there and I would thank them all again for giving me such a wonderful experience if I could. Going to Borneo was also such a massive and life changing experience for me as I learnt things about myself and realised the person that I want to be, it has also given me the courage to believe in myself and the determination to overcome barriers that may have been holding me back in the past. Camps international were brilliant! I can't thank my team leader Sarah enough for being such a massive support and for giving me the experience of a lifetime!! she brought so much positivity to the team and I couldn't have asked for a better team leader! I can't wait to see where my next adventure takes me. thank you so much camps international for an experience that I will never forget!"
"Amazing, trust-worthy company and would happily go again!"
"I had the most amazing experience in Uganda this year. It was so eye-opening and I really appreciate all the work and organisation Tony, Steph and Grace did for us during the month we were there. I met so many extraordinary people and had loads of fun. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I'll never forget. Thank you!"
"This experience changed my life. Before going I was shy, insecure and scared of what was coming next. But now I am way more confident and eager to do more things, travel more, and change the world. This really was life changing for me. Thank you Camps International."
"It was the best 4 weeks of my life so far! Couldn't fault any of it. Tony and Stef from camp Uganda coordinated our trip exceptionally well and I was very sad to be leaving at the end. It was an experience I will never forget and it was really nice to see the end results of our project work."
"It was an incredible eye-opening experience."
"An incredible month in Ecuador. Overlooking the UK staff, The Camp Ecuador team were some of the most friendly and helpful people I have ever met, and played a massive part in making the month as amazing as it was! The projects were relevant to the people in the communities, who seemed honoured to have volunteers like us (especially in the new camp - Camp Esmeraldas). Definitely worth all the hard work fundraising, as the life experiences gained from this expedition are far more valuable than the £4000 price tag. Thank you for the amazing opportunity - I would love to go on another adventure with Camps International in the future!"
"Borneo Island Trip – 2016 I had an absolutely awesome time on my Expedition to Borneo, I only came back last week and I am dying to go back. All of the staff both in the UK and in country are extremely helpful and accommodating, they helped with every little thing we needed which meant that everyone got what they wanted from the experience. Borneo itself is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to, the people are very friendly despite my bad attempts at speaking Malay! The project work was varied and rewarding. Mantanani island is exactly how you imagine and along with the beautiful scenery, it has a very relaxed vibe. Narawang was a brand new camp, my group were the first people to have visited, I can’t speak highly enough of the team and the people there, they went out of their way to make us welcome and I felt like I really got to immerse myself in the culture of the area! Plus, waking up to the view of mount Kinabalu it was hard not to have a permanent grin on your face. In terms of food, I am still dreaming of my 4 o’clock snacks and If you like rice and noodles it is the place for you. It hard to pick a highlight but kayaking to see the sunrise and seeing turtles are definitely up there! Overall it was an incredible trip and I can’t wait to book my 3rd Camps trip."
Camps International is rated 4.58 based on 110 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!