Camps International Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

Tell us how Camps International made you happy

Telephone
"My recent expedition to Borneo was my second adventure with Camps International. You know as soon as you leave home that everything will be sorted and you don’t need to worry. All the team both in country and here in the UK go out of their way to make the whole experience as good as it can be. You always feel totally safe and cared for even in the most remote of locations. Nothing is too much for them to do. Everything is done to give you the most incredible insight in to the country, through learning the language, taking part in local traditional dancers, learning local crafts and spending time with the local children whose enthusiasm is always so infectious. I would always recommend Camps International to anyone wanting to go travelling but also to those who want to give something back in the process, all the projects benefit the local community directly giving them a hand up not a hand out. The students I have travelled with have been humbled by the experiences they have had appreciating life isn’t always about what you’ve got but what you can give. You are often taken out of your comfort zone especially on physical level but you learn so much about yourself that this just adds to the whole enjoyment of the Camps experience."
"Travelling to Cambodia was the most amazing experience of my life. i loved every minute of the project work, sightseeing and spending time with friends I've made for life."
Hi
We're so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing time in Cambodia. We know that many of our travelling students have made friends for life and will remember their expedition for years to come.
Thank you from everyone at Camps International
"From the minute we arrived at th airport, our camps leader (Laura) made me feel very safe and excited for the expedition I was about to encounter. Throughout the trip all camps staff made me feel as though I was at home, there was not one point on the expedition where I wished at was at home instead, even if I had 50+ mosquito bites. Camps international made me build confidence, integrity, kindness and leadership within myself. This expedition gave me a new outlook onto things and memories to never be forgotten. I would recommend any expedition with camps international to anyone, it was truly the best thing I have ever done."
Dear Sophie
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your expedition with us. Its great to read how excited you were and how much you achieved whilst travelling with the team.
We wish you every success in your future endeavours and hope your plans include more travel to far flung countries to experience new cultures.
Camps International
"Very happy was the most amazing experience and I can’t wait to do it again"
Hi Kane
Great to hear you had the most amazing time and we hope you will travel again with us soon.
Camps International
"Great adventure in Peru with a fantastic camps team in all 3 camps and there roving support. If you are a parent reading this make sure your child understands fully what the trip entails and the physical demands it makes. Our pupils did and had a wonderful time contributing to the local communities and trekking. I saw other groups where this didn't seem to happen. Pupils will get out what they put in and all 20 of ours had the trip of a lifetime. I would recommend the experience to anyone ."
Hi Chris
Peru really is a very special country isn't it? It's certainly one of our more challenging expeditions and preparation is definitely the key to getting the most out of your experience. We certainly believe that the more you put in, the more you'll get out and we work hard at providing the best possible experience and support for our travelling teams.
Camps International
"My expedition to Cambodia was by far the most amazing experience of my life, and I’m sure it will continue to be in the future. From the camps, to the locals, to the new friends I made, the different culture and food I experienced, it was honestly incredible. I recommend you do not turn down this opportunity because I promise that you will regret it!!"
Hi
We're so pleased you had such an amazing time in Cambodia. Experiencing new foods and cultures, making new friends and challenging yourself, are an integral part of our expeditions, which are often described as being 'life-enhancing and unforgettable.
Thank you for travelling with us.
Camps International
"I visited Costa Rica with a group from my school and I can say that it was one of the best experiences of my life! The leaders from Camps were super friendly, super enthusiastic and just generally great people - they helped us get the most out of this amazing trip."
Thank you for reviewing your expedition to Costa Rica with us. We're so pleased you had a great time. We always work hard to provide our travelling teams with the best experience we can.
Camps International
"I traveled with camps this summer the experience was once in a life time I would definitely go again"
Hi
Its great to hear you travelled with us this year and got involved in our various community, wildlife and environmental projects. Hopefully you will consider travelling with us again soon, maybe as one of our independent travellers.
Camps International
"My Daughter went to Kenya this year and had the time of her life ! Every bit of the trip was well organised from start to finish. Even though it was a lot of money to raise I would recommend anybody going for this ! It’s a chance in a life time where you will gain life experience like you would t believe. Thank you for giving her the opportunity."
Hi
Kenya is an amazing country and we're really pleased to hear that your daughter had the time of her life, making all the effort she put into raising the money for the expedition worthwhile. We would like to thank your daughter for travelling with us and for getting involved in our various projects to support the local communities, wildlife and environment.
Best Wishes
Camps International
"My 16 year old daughter travelled to Ecuador this summer with Camps International and had the most amazing experience of her life. Not only did it give her the opportunity to meet new people, experience new cultures and help the local communities but it also helped her grow in confidence and gave her many new life skills. Despite the fact that it was the hardest thing she had ever had to do, physically and mentally, she looks back on her trip with only happy, lifelong memories. The opportunities and experiences that this trip has given her was invaluable and really gave her great foundations to move onto the next stages of her life. I would highly recommend the Camps International!"
Hi Sarah
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and it's wonderful to hear all about your daughter's experience with us. Our expeditions try to stretch the students mentally and physically and offer them a new insight into different cultures and ways of life. Our students return, often having made lifelong friends and nurturing lasting happy memories.
Camps International
"My daughter travelled with Camps International to Kenya. She was a medical nightmare with over 60 different food allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma and eczema, and as a parent, I was extremely worried about how she would cope. I needn't have worried! The Camps staff were amazing, really accommodating with her dietary requirements and always made sure she had enough food to eat. She did however, require medical treatment which needed hospitalisation, at one stage - she dislocated her shoulder playing with the local children! You can't win them all!! She came back a much more considerate soul and her experience in Kenya has made her think her career choices. She qualified as a Nursery nurse and private nanny. Not something she would have considered before. A Camps expedition experience lasts a life-time. Its not just the 4 weeks they spend out in far flung countries, but the effect it has on their outlook, which can have an impact on them for years to come. I would heartily recommend all parents cutting the apron strings and letting their little ones go - it's amazing!"
Hi Julie
Thanks for posting your review. It's great to hear that our expeditions have a lasting impact and influence on students lives. We wish your daughter all the best for the future and her chosen career path.
"Travelling the world is EVERYTHING. It has truly made me the person I am today. It has made me realise that there are different cultures, different environments, different food and different ways of living life. But it has made me realise we are the same people, on the same planet with the same goal. Live a safe and happy life with our shared home in mind. Camps International, in my opinion, contributes to give that simple right to all. I have had the true pleasure of working for Camps International as an expedition leader in Borneo, Cambodia and Tanzania, and in a leader liaison role in Cambodia. What has struck me about every expedition I have been on is the positive impact on both the local community we work with and the students ( volunteers ). For the local community we work with, the projects have a clear and long lasting benefit for all those living there. Water filtration systems, housing, community centres, local employment and safety related projects are just some of the successful initiatives students have contributed to all over the world. As for the students, in a world where exam results are competitive, jobs are harder to come by and life in general is a challenge, an expedition with camps international is that lifetime achievement that could help make them stand out from the crowd. It’s also an eye opener to a world of different cultures, different Environments and different challenges. For all you worried parents I have one word for you. DON’T. Camps goes above and beyond to make sure every scenario is considered and planned for. I have seen it first hand. It’s is their number one priority. Period. I would recommend a Camps International expedition to everyone. What a fantastic company, with a unrivalled passion and ethos for a better world for those who need it most."
Hey Chris
It's been a pleasure to work with you and you are always so supportive to the students under your wing. Long may you continue to do so. Being part of the Camps family is something very special. Thank you for all your had work.
"After travelling South East Asia for nearly 6 months, I met Camps International staff in Cambodia, and it didn't take me long to realise that what they were doing was incredible... I knew I had to get involved. Students travelling from the U.K are immersed in the local culture and really make a difference through getting involved in community project work, which is life changing for them, but also for the communities they are based in. I soon found myself volunteering at a Camp in Borneo for 6 weeks and it was the best thing I have ever done. I then went on to lead expeditions for Camps International, and still continue to do so. The development I see in students is immeasurable, travelling to far flung places and working with some of the world's poorest communities, as well as helping to protect some of the world's most endangered wildlife and their habitats is something that cannot be taught in a classroom. Having been involved with Camps International for around 4 years now, I feel grateful to have travelled to so many places, and met so many wonderful staff across the globe. Employing people from the local communities gives insight and depth to our expeditions, knowing that what we are doing is creating a real impact to improve the living standards of those who need it the most."
hey Laura
It's always a pleasure to work with you and the job you do looking after the students and teachers is fabulous. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your dedication is second to none. Thank you for all your hard work.
The Camps Family
"Went on a trip to Kenya for a month, was the best experience of my life, the people in my group were great, and so was our expedition leader."
Hi Josh
Great to hear you had such a fab time in Kenya. We really hope you enjoyed getting involved in our project work and working alongside the local communities.
Thank you for travelling with us.
Best Wishes
Camps International
"I travelled with Camps International to Kenya in 2015 and again in 2016. In 2015 I took part in project work at a local school, digging the foundations for a new classroom. When I returned to Kenya in 2016, I took part in project work at the same school, this time building desks for the now fully constructed classroom. It was amazing to have the opportunity to see the progress made on the project I helped to start. To see the classroom almost finished and ready to be used was an incredible feeling!"
Hi
Here at Camps International, we always finish what we start, and its great that you were able to witness that first hand. Thank you so much for travelling with us and being part of the change we are able to make to rural communities.
Camps International
"My daughter and her friend went to Kenya for two-months as part of their gap year. She came back a different person. She was more independent, more considerate, more confident and to be honest a lot more smelly! She has made life-long friends and still hasn't stopped talking about her experience. Fortunately, she's just headed off to university and is now boring her new friends with "When I was in Kenya...". It's a shame they didn't do things like this when I was her age!!"
Dear Mrs Ryan
What a great start to being an independent student and living away from home. We're sure your daughter will be the envy of her new uni friends as she regales them with her experiences in Kenya.
Camps International
"I have led 9 expeditions for Camps International. The journey that the students go on themselves is unbelievable to watch - confidence and independence increases, team work and cooperation develops, support and understanding of fellow team members becomes a natural part of their day. This is to say nothing of the friendships that i saw develop - students made friends with new groups of people, students from others schools and developed professional relationships with the accompanying adults. Everytime i saw this happen, it was alongside getting stuck into worthwhile projects which had a noticable effect and positive impact on the communities in which we worked. It wasn't all just projects though - Football and volleyball with the locals, sports day at the school, local language lessons, some scuba diving, safari's and we even tried our hand at making the local food!! Love Camps International and what they do, and will happily lead another expedition for them!"
Hi
We couldn't run our amazing expeditions without our amazing and dedicated Expedition Leaders, who return to us year after year. You are a very valued member of the Camps Family and we would like to thank you for all your enthusiasm and hard work.
Camps International
"The absolute best experience of my life. I did Camp Kenya for 2 months and the experience is very hard to put in to words. The staff, the camps, the atmosphere, the projects were all incredible, not to mention the amazing food cooked up in camp's very own kitchen! I also made friends for life within my group of like minded travellers. I would highly recommend that everyone experiences Camp Kenya."
Hi
Its great to hear you had such an amazing time in Kenya. We do our very best to ensure all our volunteers have an experience of a lifetime. Thank you for travelling with us and getting involved in our projects.
Best wishes for all your future endeavours
Camps International
"I had such an amazing time in Kenya with my school that I have since travelled to Ecuador with Camps and I'm now planning my next trip to Borneo! My trip to Kenya really opened my eyes to how much culture differs around the world. It was the best feeling ever being able to help the communities and I talk about the experiences I had nearly every day! Can't wait to go again!! :D"
How amazing! Not many people can boast about travelling to 3 different continents and being involved in helping to change the lives of rural communities as they go. Thank you so much for travelling with us and helping to make a difference. We hope you have an amazing time in Borneo.
Camps International.
"Amazing expedition to Kenya! I loved every minute of my summer experience with Camps International. The local staff were so lovely and made us all feel so at home. We worked hard on a school project and also wildlife conservation. We couldn't believe some of the issues faced by the local people and how happy and welcoming they all were. We felt so happy to be able to make a difference for them. None of us wanted to leave! Honestly the most unforgettable and life changing experience and I'm so glad I did it. Thank you to the whole team at Camps International for looking after us all. I can't wait for my next travel adventure!!"
Hi Harriet
Kenya was amazing this year wasn't it! The people were so welcoming and our teams worked hard to ensure you had the best time, so it's great to hear you enjoyed it so much.
Thank you for travelling with us and we hopefully will see you again soon.
Camps International is rated 4.62 based on 134 reviews