Camps International Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

How would you rate Camps International ?

"By giving my daughter the opportunity of a lifetime. My daughter has raised all of her expedition fees by hard work. She has thrived on this task and it has been a great learning curve that things don't come free in life, work hard and reap the reward. Thank you for all your help Camps International and I would highly recommend this company to all schools and gap year students."
"I went on the 3 month trip to Ecuador and Peru with the Galapagos add on in January-March 2018. I had the most amazing time on my gap year and would definitely recommend. The people on my trip were amazing company (13 of us doing the whole 3 months) and the camp leaders were always so welcoming and friendly. The food there was surprisingly always fantastic- shout out to the local chefs Theo and Sonya! The projects we worked at were always varied and we felt we were being useful at all times (projects included: building church benches, painting the playground, cementing the health centre, digging septic tanks, creating a medicinal garden, building a greenhouse, chalking and meshing Adobe walls and teaching). The Maestroes in Ecuador were particularly friendly and would teach us their techniques for cementing, plastering, painting and grouting. Teaching the school kids in Peru was also very fun. This programme is amazing as all the camps in Ecuador (we went to 4) are really nice and all the camps in Peru (went to 3) have amazing views. You also get to visit local towns and cities between camps so you really have the opportunity to explore and get to know the country. This gap year programme is great because you get a lot more freedom than the school trips I imagine. The galapagos add on was great as we got to snorkel with sharks, turtles, sea lions, rays and see the marine iguanas and tortoises. I highly recommend this add on despite the extra expense. Of course the salkantay trek at the end to see Machu Picchu was equally as amazing and definitely one of the many highlights of the trip. This trip was during the rainy season which meant that Ecuador was hot and humid but Peru was dryer. Both countries had heavy rainfall during certain times of the day. However this meant the countries were lush and beautiful. I would recommend doing the trip for the whole 3 months. A lot of people who came with us for 2 weeks to 2 months ended up extending their trip once they were there anyway. There are things you might need to get used to like the bugs (BRING MOSQUITO REPELLENT PLEASE), camping, toilets and weather but you will soon get used to all of this. By the end of the trip no one was scared of spiders anymore! My only regret was that the 4/5 month trip including Costa Rica and Nicaragua was not yet available for me to go on. So please consider this programme and happy travels!! 💗"
"I went away with camps over the most recent summer (2017) to Ecuador/Galapagos. The trip provided me with many great memories to swimming with the fish to the beautiful views at all the camps that we stayed. we even started calling base camp 'home.' I was the only one from my school to go and everyone was so friendly and I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you for a brilliant experience."
"My son has just done a month in ecuador on a school expedition. He thrived on this trip. I had my concerns as he has a few social problems. To be told your child was the best worker out there. Helpful to other students and motivating others was a joy to be heard. It helped having a expedition leader that was fantastic. With never being away from home before he didn't want to come home. I recommend the schools expeditions as you have so much support. He would love to go again. He keeps in touch with people that worked and live in ecuador. My son's group consisted of 2 schools who didn't know each other prior to the trip and they all got on like a little family. I'd recommend camps international to anybody thinking of volunteering to help others. My son put in so much and he got so much out of it. Thank you for giving my son an amazing experience."
Horler Family
Verified Reviewer
"Both our children experienced a camps trip (Ecuador 2015 and Peru 2017). What a fabulous , professional organisation . Whilst in Peru my son needed medical assistance (His own fault) they kept me up to date with everything and ensured he was treated quickly and effectively . Both my children talk of experiences I can only dream of . Thank you for making it happen . I would 100% recommend the organisation . Totally transparent and totally get it right"
"I had the most incredible month of my life on a trip to Ecuador. It was two years ago now but I still think about it very often. The people we met, work we did and sights we saw all combined to be an incredible time."
"Best 2 weeks I've experienced! Planning to go back and help Camp Beng Mealea again! The people are so friendly and in just 2 weeks I truly made a second family. Cambodia will be my second home as I'm now in love with the country!"
"The 2017 school expedition to the Phillipines Gave me the opportunity of a life time, and allowed me to find myself, it Gave me the chance to do and see things outside my comfort zone. This experience was life changing. Jess"
"Just over two months ago I got back from my trip to Borneo as part of team Jati. I can't put into words just how unbelievable those 4 weeks were, it was the most amazing experience of my life and I made the most amazing friends with everyone from my group. I would just like to thank Camps International because this trip changed my life for the better. I really hope to come back soon ???? Thank you Camps ????????"
"school expedition-Borneo 2016- Team Bajau! About two months ago I got back from an expedition volunteering in Borneo for a month. Going on this trip was the best decision I've made in my life so far. The whole experience was amazing and I can't thank the people that I went with and who shared this experience with me enough for being so supportive and also completely hilarious! I loved going to each of the different camps and meeting the staff and locals out there. It was amazing to be able to learn about their culture and way of life. One thing that really stood out to me was the ability that the people out there had to always be positive and to see the best in everything. It was also amazing to be welcomed so warmly by all of the locals and staff and to feel a part of this huge family. The places that we visited were so beautiful and I feel extremely lucky to have had this opportunity. I loved getting stuck into the project work such as painting, building, beach cleans, planting, and so much more! It was a pleasure to meet every person out there and I would thank them all again for giving me such a wonderful experience if I could. Going to Borneo was also such a massive and life changing experience for me as I learnt things about myself and realised the person that I want to be, it has also given me the courage to believe in myself and the determination to overcome barriers that may have been holding me back in the past. Camps international were brilliant! I can't thank my team leader Sarah enough for being such a massive support and for giving me the experience of a lifetime!! she brought so much positivity to the team and I couldn't have asked for a better team leader! I can't wait to see where my next adventure takes me. thank you so much camps international for an experience that I will never forget!"
"Amazing, trust-worthy company and would happily go again!"
"I had the most amazing experience in Uganda this year. It was so eye-opening and I really appreciate all the work and organisation Tony, Steph and Grace did for us during the month we were there. I met so many extraordinary people and had loads of fun. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I'll never forget. Thank you!"
"This experience changed my life. Before going I was shy, insecure and scared of what was coming next. But now I am way more confident and eager to do more things, travel more, and change the world. This really was life changing for me. Thank you Camps International."
"It was the best 4 weeks of my life so far! Couldn't fault any of it. Tony and Stef from camp Uganda coordinated our trip exceptionally well and I was very sad to be leaving at the end. It was an experience I will never forget and it was really nice to see the end results of our project work."
"It was an incredible eye-opening experience."
"An incredible month in Ecuador. Overlooking the UK staff, The Camp Ecuador team were some of the most friendly and helpful people I have ever met, and played a massive part in making the month as amazing as it was! The projects were relevant to the people in the communities, who seemed honoured to have volunteers like us (especially in the new camp - Camp Esmeraldas). Definitely worth all the hard work fundraising, as the life experiences gained from this expedition are far more valuable than the £4000 price tag. Thank you for the amazing opportunity - I would love to go on another adventure with Camps International in the future!"
"Borneo Island Trip – 2016 I had an absolutely awesome time on my Expedition to Borneo, I only came back last week and I am dying to go back. All of the staff both in the UK and in country are extremely helpful and accommodating, they helped with every little thing we needed which meant that everyone got what they wanted from the experience. Borneo itself is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to, the people are very friendly despite my bad attempts at speaking Malay! The project work was varied and rewarding. Mantanani island is exactly how you imagine and along with the beautiful scenery, it has a very relaxed vibe. Narawang was a brand new camp, my group were the first people to have visited, I can’t speak highly enough of the team and the people there, they went out of their way to make us welcome and I felt like I really got to immerse myself in the culture of the area! Plus, waking up to the view of mount Kinabalu it was hard not to have a permanent grin on your face. In terms of food, I am still dreaming of my 4 o’clock snacks and If you like rice and noodles it is the place for you. It hard to pick a highlight but kayaking to see the sunrise and seeing turtles are definitely up there! Overall it was an incredible trip and I can’t wait to book my 3rd Camps trip."
"Borneo Scuba school expedition summer 2015 The most breathtaking , life changing and beautiful month of my life.The staff at each camp as well as in England are all a credit to the company, both being friendly and accommodating to different peoples needs. We were able to experience different cultural activities such as local dances , bracelet making , climbing coconut trees amongst many other activities like Scuba Diving.As well as experiencing a range of work which was a great privilege to be able to help those less fortunate than ourselves.Our work mainly consisted of Gravity Water feeds , as well as beach cleans, cementing , carpentry work and building a reception hall. What each camp had to offer was also amazing , Batu Puteh (the jungle) put us out of our comfort zones but allowed our inner adventurous side to come out. Tinagol allowed us to first hand see the lives we would be changing , with s being able to play activites such as rounders , water balloon flights and piggy back races each lunch time with village children. Manternani was the tropical beach we had all dreamed of visiting , which allowed us to see spectacular views as well as having a bit more relaxation time to experience different activities , like swimming in crystal blue sea. Kota Kinabalu (KK) the capital of Sabah , showed us the city life and allowed us to buy presents for our friends and family with the beautiful market (particularly the night market). Utan paradise, again allowed us to experience the jungle life where the conditions were slightly cooler and we got to go on jungle treks to see the amazing jungle wildlife and nature.Finally Gaya island meant we were able to do water sports such as Scuba Diving and Kayaking as well as zip lining between 2 islands.Sadly we weren't able to finish our Padi course due to the weather conditions not being the best however this didn't affect just how amazing the trip was.Not only did camps allow us to meet friends for life but also gave us memories that will last forever. Due to my trip being so amazing I've decided to travel again with Camps for my Gap Year :)"
Muhammad Ali
Verified Reviewer
"I went on the 2015 Expedition to Borneo and it crosses my mind everyday. It was such a beautiful experience and Camps' relaxed approached was why we all loved it. TEAM ORANGUTAN!"
Chatel Burnett
Verified Reviewer
"Thats me back from my one month volunteering in Kenya! I had the most amazing time. The staff were all so loving and friendly, always telling us we were like a big family, and the camp itself was always beautiful either surrounded by beautiful people or beautiful views. What was even better was the chance to change camp to see more of Africa itself aswell as doing so many volunteering work, from building schools, to harvesting beans for the local woman. I have so many stories and life long friends! I loved every minuet."
Camps International is rated 4.62 based on 104 reviews