Burnhills Reviews

of reviewers recommend Burnhills

Tell us how Burnhills made you happy
Burnhills 5 star review on 27th August 2021
Burnhills 5 star review on 3rd June 2020
Maria And Roma The Great Dane
Burnhills 5 star review on 3rd June 2020
Maria And Roma The Great Dane
Ordered millet and two bowls of the parrots. The millet is excellent. The bowls not so much. With one there were paint residues within the bowl. The other, one wing nut would not screw-down support bracket, eventually forced it down having applied some PTFE grease. However, the real issue was the paint on one of the bowl supports, it was not just tacky but wet enough to come off on your hand. Having been removed from the plastic bag it came, it cured, eventually.
I did click and collect and the staff was very rude told me my order was not in but was I had confirmation to pick up
Processing of order was great. Very swift response and item sent the following day. HIWEVER DPD IS LETTING YOU DOWN AS THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO FIND THE ADDRESS SO RETURNED ITEM TO THEIR BASE CLAIMING WE WERE NIT IN. THEY DELIVERED THE NEXT DAY BUT TO AN ADDRESS SOME 100 METRES AWAY FRIM US AND JUST TOOK A PHOTO OF THE ITEM IN IUR NEIGHBOURS GARAGE. CHANGE YOUR DELIVERY AGENT AS THIS IS NOTTHE FIRST TIME
I was asked to wait by my car and someone would bring my order. After 10 minutes I went back in and found the sales assistant to be less than helpful. She went in the back to check stood in the doorway laughing with someone then told me they'd bring it out - no apology. I will say the man who then brought out my order did apologise
Having ordered exactly the same bones previously from you the second batch were definitely not as good as the first.....a much darker filling and not as appealing to my dog so had to through them away. First batch were lighter in colour and he loved them.
The service of your carrier DPD was very disappointing .I put a note on my door to say my wife and I was self isolating because of coved 19 as instructed on your email ,I asked for the goods to be left outside my front porch on the note on the front door When DPD arrived they refused to do this ,They said they would not leave the goods unless they could leave it in the porch and take a photograph of it ,I asked the carrier to step right back as I opened the porch door the goods was then left in the porch and a photograph taken , I think this was very bad practice and unsafe for my wife and myself.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for any confusion. I believe you may have misread our email. Our email says that leaving a note on your door is NOT the way to leave a safe place instruction. You must use the “in-flight” tracking options via the tracking we send you, otherwise the driver isn’t permitted to leave the item without a signature (photograph during COVID-19 restrictions). The driver will of course stand back at safe distance to take the photograph. If you prefer to leave the item without a photograph in future, please use the “in-flight” tracking options. I hope that clarifies everything and I do apologise again for any confusion.
signs asking for a 2m distancing are not adhered to by the staff. I witnessed a customer being handed his items through his vehicle window! left me speechless.
Outrageous charges for delivery
First time using click and collect short time from ordering to being told product was ready. Good system when at premises seen the system had been set up very quickly
The staff were amazing an my score is not a reflection on them. I ordered stock for collection. Recieved an email to say it was ready. I arrived to be told it wasn’t actually there. The staff did what they could to help given the current situation and I’m assuming due to current situation my items had been given to someone else in the confusion.
I recently purchased six grit pots only got four Two were broken on transit not very happy
Good morning. I am very sorry to hear that two of the pickstone pots were damaged in transit. We do kindly ask that customers let us know about any problems in order to give us an opportunely to rectify them. As you haven't contacted us about this previously, we unfortunately haven't had any opportunity to rectify it. I have now issued a full refund for the two damaged pots (£2.72 refund). We are always happy to rectify problems as soon as we're made aware. I would be very grateful if you would consider revising your review. If you have any questions or if we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kindest regards, Burnhills.
I ordered 1 sack of creep pellets and 1 tub of Blue chip, all arrived in the agreed time. However on opening the package I had 1 and a half black bin bags full of excess packaging! I contacted them to inform them that there are rules and regulations on over packaging, and the young lady I spoke to was quite curt and did not seem to care. In many areas of the UK you are limited on how much waste you can put out weekly, the young lady still did not seem to care. Since then I have been sent 7 emails asking me for my review. This company seem to like annoying it’s customers with excess.
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the over-use of packaging on your order. We do of course have need to balance the use of packaging with the need to protect goods in transit but it certainly sounds as though the use of packaging was far from proportionate on this occasion. I do sincerely apologise for this. It is regretful. The vast majority of the padding materials used inside our boxes is recycled (reused) from the packaging our supplier used to send good to us. We are proud of this. However, this does not in any way excuse using this resource excessively. Since your call, we have spoken to our packing team and had discussions about finding the correct balance. Please accept our sincere apologies again for the over-use of packaging on this occasion. Burnhills.
Ordered Guinea pig food and got rabbit food instead I called to tell them about it and the lady was not helpful at all after waiting on hold a few time I got 6 pounds back not helpful when you have 15 Guineas pigs to feed
The package was supposed to reach us last wed, but arrived last Friday - 2 days late.
Unfortunately delivered a day late. Had to chase to get delivery. Has put me off using again I am afraid
Next day delivery was promised from DPD. No sign next day. Following day delivery to wrong address. Next day no delivery. Next day no notification but delivered 5pm. I spent 3 days chasing the package and hovering around my home awaiting information. Very good wheelbarrow, abysmal delivery service.
The product was good but the packaging was appalling the chaps were folded up tightly then put in a single polythene bag with so much parcel tape on that I had to cut it and damaged the chaps in doing so. Very disappointed as they are a Christmas gift!
You're post and packaging is way too much.
Hi. Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt our Offshore Islands deliver charge is too high. The delivery charge does reflect the true cost of shipping 25Kg to Jersey, so please be assured that we do not profit from the Jersey delivery charge. While we can offer lower Offshore Island delivery prices for lighter items, unfortunately many of the less costly courier companies have parcel weight restrictions, which severely limits our choice of couriers for the 25Kg product you ordered. We do very much appreciate your feedback and please be assured that we do continue to seek more favourable rates from couriers. Kindest regards, Burnhills.
I ordered for next day delivery and it stated that I could order on the Friday for a Saturday delivery if ordered before a certain time. I followed this instruction, paid the extra delivery yet it did not arrive until 3 days later.
Hi. Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the delivery service you were expecting and for any confusion caused. To clarify, at the checkout, there was a £13.95 option for Saturday delivery (showing an estimated delivery day of Saturday 22nd July). There was also a Free next working day delivery option (showing an estimated delivery day of Monday 24th). You selected the Free next working day delivery option. Please be assured that you were not charged anything for delivery. We did dispatch your order using the delivery method you selected but I am very sorry for any confusion caused during the checkout process. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Kindest regards, Burnhills.
An email was sent to me telling me I would get an email informing me that I can pick up my item in store but I never received this email. I had to ring the store to find out if the item was available for pickup (it was) and told that I had been sent an email. I had not. The assistant had confused the email sent to me as the one telling me my item was ready for collection.
Burnhills is rated 4.91 based on 4,860 reviews