Burnhills Reviews

of reviewers recommend Burnhills

Tell us how Burnhills made you happy
Having ordered exactly the same bones previously from you the second batch were definitely not as good as the first.....a much darker filling and not as appealing to my dog so had to through them away. First batch were lighter in colour and he loved them.
The service of your carrier DPD was very disappointing .I put a note on my door to say my wife and I was self isolating because of coved 19 as instructed on your email ,I asked for the goods to be left outside my front porch on the note on the front door When DPD arrived they refused to do this ,They said they would not leave the goods unless they could leave it in the porch and take a photograph of it ,I asked the carrier to step right back as I opened the porch door the goods was then left in the porch and a photograph taken , I think this was very bad practice and unsafe for my wife and myself.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for any confusion. I believe you may have misread our email. Our email says that leaving a note on your door is NOT the way to leave a safe place instruction. You must use the “in-flight” tracking options via the tracking we send you, otherwise the driver isn’t permitted to leave the item without a signature (photograph during COVID-19 restrictions). The driver will of course stand back at safe distance to take the photograph. If you prefer to leave the item without a photograph in future, please use the “in-flight” tracking options. I hope that clarifies everything and I do apologise again for any confusion.
signs asking for a 2m distancing are not adhered to by the staff. I witnessed a customer being handed his items through his vehicle window! left me speechless.
Outrageous charges for delivery
First time using click and collect short time from ordering to being told product was ready. Good system when at premises seen the system had been set up very quickly
The staff were amazing an my score is not a reflection on them. I ordered stock for collection. Recieved an email to say it was ready. I arrived to be told it wasn’t actually there. The staff did what they could to help given the current situation and I’m assuming due to current situation my items had been given to someone else in the confusion.
I recently purchased six grit pots only got four Two were broken on transit not very happy
Good morning. I am very sorry to hear that two of the pickstone pots were damaged in transit. We do kindly ask that customers let us know about any problems in order to give us an opportunely to rectify them. As you haven't contacted us about this previously, we unfortunately haven't had any opportunity to rectify it. I have now issued a full refund for the two damaged pots (£2.72 refund). We are always happy to rectify problems as soon as we're made aware.
I would be very grateful if you would consider revising your review.
If you have any questions or if we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Burnhills.
I ordered 1 sack of creep pellets and 1 tub of Blue chip, all arrived in the agreed time. However on opening the package I had 1 and a half black bin bags full of excess packaging!
I contacted them to inform them that there are rules and regulations on over packaging, and the young lady I spoke to was quite curt and did not seem to care. In many areas of the UK you are limited on how much waste you can put out weekly, the young lady still did not seem to care.
Since then I have been sent 7 emails asking me for my review. This company seem to like annoying it’s customers with excess.
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the over-use of packaging on your order. We do of course have need to balance the use of packaging with the need to protect goods in transit but it certainly sounds as though the use of packaging was far from proportionate on this occasion. I do sincerely apologise for this. It is regretful.
The vast majority of the padding materials used inside our boxes is recycled (reused) from the packaging our supplier used to send good to us. We are proud of this. However, this does not in any way excuse using this resource excessively. Since your call, we have spoken to our packing team and had discussions about finding the correct balance.
Please accept our sincere apologies again for the over-use of packaging on this occasion.
Burnhills.
Ordered Guinea pig food and got rabbit food instead I called to tell them about it and the lady was not helpful at all after waiting on hold a few time I got 6 pounds back not helpful when you have 15 Guineas pigs to feed
The package was supposed to reach us last wed, but arrived last Friday - 2 days late.
Unfortunately delivered a day late. Had to chase to get delivery. Has put me off using again I am afraid
Next day delivery was promised from DPD. No sign next day. Following day delivery to wrong address. Next day no delivery. Next day no notification but delivered 5pm. I spent 3 days chasing the package and hovering around my home awaiting information. Very good wheelbarrow, abysmal delivery service.
The product was good but the packaging was appalling the chaps were folded up tightly then put in a single polythene bag with so much parcel tape on that I had to cut it and damaged the chaps in doing so. Very disappointed as they are a Christmas gift!
You're post and packaging is way too much.
Hi. Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt our Offshore Islands deliver charge is too high.

The delivery charge does reflect the true cost of shipping 25Kg to Jersey, so please be assured that we do not profit from the Jersey delivery charge.

While we can offer lower Offshore Island delivery prices for lighter items, unfortunately many of the less costly courier companies have parcel weight restrictions, which severely limits our choice of couriers for the 25Kg product you ordered.

We do very much appreciate your feedback and please be assured that we do continue to seek more favourable rates from couriers.

Burnhills.
I ordered for next day delivery and it stated that I could order on the Friday for a Saturday delivery if ordered before a certain time. I followed this instruction, paid the extra delivery yet it did not arrive until 3 days later.
Hi. Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the delivery service you were expecting and for any confusion caused.

To clarify, at the checkout, there was a £13.95 option for Saturday delivery (showing an estimated delivery day of Saturday 22nd July). There was also a Free next working day delivery option (showing an estimated delivery day of Monday 24th).

You selected the Free next working day delivery option. Please be assured that you were not charged anything for delivery.

We did dispatch your order using the delivery method you selected but I am very sorry for any confusion caused during the checkout process.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Burnhills.
An email was sent to me telling me I would get an email informing me that I can pick up my item in store but I never received this email. I had to ring the store to find out if the item was available for pickup (it was) and told that I had been sent an email. I had not. The assistant had confused the email sent to me as the one telling me my item was ready for collection.
Unfortunately, the parcels were completly damage and also one of them was repack before sending so it's very difficult to store them safely.
The delivery never turned up as scheduled having stayed in all day. After a number calls to Burnhills was able schedule a new and successful delivery date, although 2 weeks after placing the order. I don't know what happened, but felt there was a lack of communication somewhere in the supply chain.
I cannot fault the willingness of the Burnhill staff to help or the delivery man who was very polite and helpful. .I hope this helps to improve the process
I asked on the delivery note that had i not been in not to leave with neighbours. Instead the delievery driver left my sack of food sat on my mothers mobility scooter in front garden. I ran out asked if acceptablethat he left it there and he said it was ok. Will not be using again.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your experience with the courier. The driver should not have acted as he did and it was unacceptable. We usually find DPD to be both conscientious and reliable, so it is most regretful to hear of your experience. We will report the matter to DPD so that the driver in question can be spoken to. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issue you experienced with the courier on this occasion and please be assured that it does not reflect the usual level of service.
you would get a half decent review if you got my name right!!!!
Hi. Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that the information on your account is incorrect. Account details should only reflect the information you entered when you opened the account. If the information is incorrect, billing and delivery names can be changed in the "My Address Book" section of your account. I hope that helps. If you have any questions, or if we can assist in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.
Burnhills is rated 4.91 based on 3,898 reviews