Black Prince Narrowboat Holidays Reviews

of reviewers recommend Black Prince Narrowboat Holidays
Read Black Prince Narrowboat Holidays Reviews

Tell us how Black Prince Narrowboat Holidays made you happy
This was our tenth or more holiday with Black Prince. The boat as always was spotlessly clean with everything we could need being on board. We were out for three weeks but unable to cruise the area we wanted due to the water shortage, although this is never a problem as there are plenty of other routes. We did have problems last year with a sludged toilet tank that we had to pump out every couple of days as it was over half way sludged up..... and as we had not had maintenance issues before we decided to resolve this with Black Prince and try again. Unfortunately this time we had issues with the stern greaser which when we had to top it up had clearly not been checked for ages as it had a compacted lump in the bottom and wasn’t letting grease through properly, and a poorly functioning/blocked bilge pump, the strainer was totally blocked with grease. we were assured all was ok when we left but it appears if maintenance or lack of it is becoming more of an issue now, I know this year has been a strange year but surely there has been plenty of time to get things right ?
I went on my first boating holiday using black Prince boat hire 3 years ago , and I have to say the boat and staff at Chirk were excellent , my only complaint was a man called Bob , who I spoke to while booking the holiday , he was very rude not helpful at all , I have been on two trips since with other boat hire companies which to be honest were not as good as black Prince , but I can't bear the thought of booking through or talking to Bob again so I'll make do with other companies such a shame how one man can spoil it for the myself and the rest of the staff I've dealt with, if you can put up with Bob , you will have a great time going from Chirk and the boats are lovely
Dear Kelvin, what can I say apart from Bob and the rest of our team are devastated by your feedback. We are so sorry that one incident has put you off from using our services again. I'm afraid Bob cannot remember this incident from three years ago; it sounds very uncharacteristic from one of our team members but it's obviously something that stuck with you. Bob normally has a great rapour with our guests, in fact he gets a positive mention on many occasions. All we can say is that on the day he spoke to you he may have had an off day, so on that basis we wholeheartedly apologise. If you are ever tempted to book with us again (you'll see that we continue to get great feedback about our boats) then please don't hesitate to call Leighton the Ops Manager directly, I'll pm you his number.
Best, Jo
email address on web site dos not work from Australia can i get a email address from someone so i can contact black prince about Scotland canals ,i do wont to ask questions,from trip A ,from Glasgow to Edinburgh .but no email is available from web site that work from Australia
The Boat was immaculate and the hand over superb. Remember to ask if you require a plug adapter for mobile devices, ipad etc as there are no ordinary sockets to use without affecting the energy supply. It is wise to ask for additional pillows and towels as we were didnt consider the basics to be enough. There isnt a microwave or a toaster and other boats have always had these. All this said, the holiday was superb and the secenery fabulous.
Thank you for your kind review and for including some good tips for other boaters. We hope we can welcome you again with us soon.
We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday back in August. The boat was surprisingly comfortable and well equipped. The only downside to our holiday is when our child got ill so we decided to return the boat a day early. We phoned the gentleman who we had to return the boat to and he was very abrupt and rude. We explained that it was unforeseen and we felt we had to make the choice for the best of our child. When we dropped the boat off again he was very rude as we "put him out" due to it being a Sunday afternoon.
Black Prince Narrowboat Holidays is rated 4.82 based on 74 reviews