Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews

Lyla Warburton
Big Furniture Warehouse 2 star review on 31st May 2019
Stephannie Ryder
More Photos & Videos
Please Avoid This Company!

They failed on every level after ordering on ebay, first off they sent out the wrong sized headboard for my King Sized Bed, which the delivery company handed to me out on the street, and wouldn't even help me with the 3 heavy boxes to my door. The delivery driver didn't even know what I had ordered, I had to tell him as he passed me the boxes off the back of his van.

They then failed to re-collect the wrong sized headboard and took 1 week to deliver the correct headboard, I then set up the bed to realise the new headboard was faulty, I sent a video of the fault to the company and they said it wasn't faulty. So apparently their beds are supposed to squeak and creek when touched with lose parts in the headboard.

If you order and leave them a bad review they will bribe you to change the review! They offered me a mere 10% money back, even after I lost close to 5 times the value of the bed in lost earnings, waiting for deliveries and false promises that never materialised.

They offered to send me another headboard, but really? could I expect any better the 3rd time around? After previously telling me the delivery company would not recollect the incorrect headboard, leaving me to ring a charity to collect it in my own time.

I sent multiple emails to the company and was still left feeling like I was to blame for their shocking customer service and poor quality deliveries, I took multiple days off work waiting for the company to delivery on days they did not show up. The overall products sent were either faulty or the wrong size, they are reluctant to issue refunds or fair compensation for the time and money I wasted sorting out their mess.

For the Management-
-Find a new delivery service
-Hire more staff to deal with complaints, you are lucky to get a reply in 24 hours to emails. And retrain your staff with the age old principle of 'The Customer Is Always Right' I was made to feel like a liar.
-Do not bribe customers who leave poor feedback on websites, I was offered money but turned it down as it was a laughable amount compared to what I had lost, and it simply isn't fair on customers who want accurate feedback.
-Quality check your products, make sure you are sending out the correct orders and they are not faulty.
-Directly email your customers Tracking information for the delivery, the delivery company emails go into your spam folder.

Please Avoid this company, If you have a bad experience leave a bad review and when they offer you money to change it please tell them where to go!
Really bad quality furniture
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you feel this way.

We have dealt with this matter and after reviewing the images, we concluded that this was in fact courier damage which the courier have accepted. We have since rectified the matter for you by which you agreed to a part refund to keep the item as it stood.

I apologize that the item was damaged upon arrival however am glad that we have since managed to resolve this matter for you.

BFW
I’d give no stars if possible, without going into too much detail; chairs were faulty and customer services was appalling and untrustworthy. In the end I gave up, put the chairs in the bin, accepted that id been ripped off and put it down to experience.
If you buy cheap, you sometimes get rubbish!
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read this.

We did offer an exchange however a case was opened against us via Paypal which indicated a return for refund.

We adhered to both a return for refund which we accepted via Paypal but also confirmed via emails that if you preferred to exchange, we could do so however the case would need to be closed as it was a different outcome to the claim.

We did respond to your messages however had started to receive no replies.

I apologize that you had initial issues however we really have tried to help as best we can in this instance.

BFW
This company delivered my item
to a neighbour at an address 350
miles away despite me emailing them within an hour of purchase on EBay after realising the wrong address was on the order. They ignored this. They have £109 of my money and won’t accept that they should have responded more
quickly to my email
Therefore I am £109 out of pocket and I have no item. Disgracefully unsympathetic- do not trust them!
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you input the incorrect address on your eBay order.

As per eBays policies, once an order is placed we have to ship to the address provided and therefore cannot change the delivery address.

With the above in mind, the goods were shipped to the address provided on the order.

We received your messages after the goods had been shipped from our warehouse therefore at this stage we was unable to cancel the order as it was in transit to the delivery address you provided to us.

I apologize that we was physically unable to change the address when the item was out for delivery to the address we was provided with on your order.

Carrie
Lovely furniture but one of the draws came broken and I was unable to contact anybody regarding this.
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read that one of the drawers came broken and that you was unable to contact us.

If you could email us on: customerservices@bigfurniturewarehouse.com advising the part number/letter from the assembly instructions for the damaged panel, we will gladly assist in having this part replaced for you.

We do have a contact us page on our website but also our direct contact number. We also send generic messages to our customers with updates on their orders which can be replied too - Could you let me know which of these methods you tried using to reach us?

I apologize again for this.

BFW
Ordered before 12noon for a next day delivery but you claimed the payment had not gone through despite it leaving my Paypal account at around 11.30am Therefore you could not deliver when I needed so I had to phone to get my money refunded and to cancel the order. Not great.
Hi there,

We apologize that your payment did not reach us in time to qualify for next day delivery.

We understand that this may well have been some form of technical glitch within the system and can only apologize that this happened to you.

BFW
I bought a shelving unit and storage boxes to go with it. However the shelf was out of stock and the company was unable to fulfil my order but proceeded to send the boxes anyway. Of course these were useless to me without the shelf itself. Trying to return and get a refund for these was a long and painful process. I had to send tens on emails and courier collection had to be arranged several times as I didn’t have the facility to print a return label. I also had to wait in all day for this courier which was a great inconvenience. All in all it was a huge waste of my time and a very poor customer service. All for some boxes worth £12. Just astonishing. Would not use again.
Hi there,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you.

We have looked in to this case further and understand the errors which occurred and have new processes in place to stop this from occurring in the future.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

BFW
Very disappointed. Item packaging arrived damaged. Item was faulty, drawers would not open correctly. Asked for item to be swapped. Told to find new packaging, dismantle, repackage and return as a direct exchange not possible. Huge amount of time wasted trying to resolve issue. Complete waste of money on substandard shoe cupboard
Hi there,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

Having reviewed the correspondence, we understand that the issue has since been resolved as a part refund was actioned in order to keep the item as it stood as you did not have time to re-box the item and seal so that our courier could collect and exchange.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
I ordered from them on the basis my order would be delivered January 1st, my order never turned up and then 2 days later I get a email to say because of xmas it’s delayed and they now don’t no when it will be delivered. Without any communication to myself apparently it was delivered on Saturday 5th January but when I arrived home I had no parcel and no card through my door to say who they have given it too. So after emailing the company they tried to say it’s been signed for and I’ve asked for proof of the signature and I still haven’t had it, I’ve emailed 3 times and now they are ignoring me. I want a refund as I have no goods. The service is poor....so do not order from this company!!!!!
My order took over two weeks to arrive and then when it did there was parts missing!
Item delivered 2 days late, told conflicting answers over the phone with regards to refund. Very disappointed
Very poor customer service and communication. Couldn’t deliver after paying premium refund took ages. Couldn’t contact anyone in spite of being in working hours.

Happy with item.
I haven't received my order yet or any contact as to when I will receive it .
I would like to give zero stars. Ordered a tv unit. It looked just what we wanted from the picture online but when it arrived it was the cheapest material ever and when my partner gently tried to put it together (he’s a tradesman, perfectly able to put it together) it literally broke in his hands. Rubbish.
Hi there,

I am extremely sorry to read that this has happened to you and I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

We usually get brilliant feedback on the product that you ordered therefore I apologize that you feel that the item is manufactured using cheap material - In turn, we have never had feedback on this product advising that the material simply crumples in your hands.

This is something that we would like to look in to further as we don't appear to have had correspondence from you prior to this feedback.

Please get in touch as we would like to have this matter looked in to further for you.

I apologize again that this happened to you and hope to hear from you soon.

Carrie
I called and asked (prior to despatch!) if the items I had purchased were solid pine wood and was told they are. On arrival they were clearly not and the company refused to accept this as a valid reason for a return! Poor quality! Complete waste of my money as I had to return which cost me more than the cost of the products as I was unsatisfied. Awful service! Would never recommend.. save your money and go to a reputable company nearby!!
Hi there,

We are very sorry that you was unhappy with your purchase.

I can confirm that the range that you ordered was a solid pine items, which was confirmed via telephone prior to your purchase.

We did not refuse the return of these products however did advise that it would be for you to return the products at your own cost due to them simply not being to your taste and you feeling that the quality was inferior, as you believed that they were not solid pine products - As advised, the items were as advertised in the fact that they were solid pine products.

Upon return, a full refund was issued back to your original method of payment.

I am very sorry that you was unhappy with your purchase.

BFW
I wouldn't even give it a star. They send me an email that the order was dispatched and in the day of the arrival, after me asking for a tracking number (because the bed wasn't arriving), they told me that the producer had a problem and there's no bed. Spare yourself from all the hustle and don't order from them. I'm pretty sure I even lost the money.
We never received the order. Apparently it was delivered elsewhere? We don't know where and ow are we expected to find this house and collect a large item and somehow carry it home??? When I tried calling - you get through and then it puts you on hold then disconnects you??? How convenient. WIll not be using or recommending this service.
DONT USE !!!
COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
I bought a 'deuxe' shoe cabinet expecting it to be decent quality however the panels split on screwing together and one of the drawers has completely fallen apart after only 5 days.... terrible.
Bought 2 things. A tv stand 6 weeks ago. It still isn't up because there are pieces missing. The coffee table was ok. But even that had some screws missing.
Big Furniture Warehouse is rated 3.94 based on 401 reviews