Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews

of reviewers recommend Big Furniture Warehouse
Read Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews
I didn’t receive my item and have been charged for it.
I ordered 3 bookcases and one desk from BFW. I chose this company, who weren't the cheapest, as they could deliver on the day I wanted them. That day arrived (2.9.19) with the 3 bookcases but no desk. When I contacted the company I was told that the desk was not in stock until 2.11.19! We agreed to cancel the order and return my money and I 'hunted' for a desk from another supplier and got one though cost £15 more. Next day two desks arrive! BFW stated there was a mistake and my desk was in stock and had been delivered. Arranged for it to be collected (6.9.19) and now, 3 weeks later and despite numerous e-mails and promises, still waiting my refund. Looks like this will end up in the small claims court. Want the hassle?
Ordered from here even though the price wasn't the cheapest due to the 'next day delivery' and we needed the item that week. It was only on the day of expected delivery that I was informed that delivery would be delayed. Apparently there was a back-log of orders with the courier after the bank holiday weekend which is understandable however my issue is that i was not advised that my order would be late until i enquired myself and I subsequently had to take time off work so that I could be in when the order was delivered the follow week. Admittedly when i did speak to customer services they were apologetic and helped to re-arrange delivery for me and it would have been fine except the courier tried to deliver on the wrong day and i had to contact customer services yet again to re-arrange for the previously agreed upon day. When my order arrived the packing was severely damaged and was also missing a part. This has since been dispatched to me. Overall the product was okay but not worth the hassle of having to reschedule delivery twice and having to wait for the missing part. I would be more forgiving since customer services were quite helpful but after reading other negative reviews it seems I got off lightly and this company is better off avoided!
Very poor quality drawers. Would not recommend!
Not impressed I’m afraid
Vent in the top does not prevent wind from not lifting the sunshade, as the description says it will prevent. It Damage a Fence in the process
The ottoman we ordered has come with chips in the wood and some of the edging is coming away. Very dissatisfied. Wont be ordering from you again..
bought a grey 5 drawer chest for my sons room its actually black with some grey which was fine we built it which was in itself a nightmare..... within a day the wood was split and the front to two of the drawers came off where the wood was split. it was only 50 quid so totally my fault I should have known.... I did email but got nothing back. I've ordered a new chest of drawers from somewhere else so this one will be skipped total waste of time and money lesson learnt
Appalling customer service. Was promised next day delivery, one lost wardrobe and a week later and still their delivery company denies having anything to order. Had to phone daily and chase them to find out what is going on.
Shocking seller. The quality is shocking. They sent faulty furniture and tried to ignore my return requests and then deliberately made the return process extremely difficult. They also lied a few times about collecting return items. I took a day off from work for collection and they didn't turn up. Luckily I have security cameras footage as evidence for complaint and court. They said they would refund when they receive the faulty furniture but they do not collect it. They basically try to avoid refunding this faulty unusable furniture.
Worst customer service I have every experienced. I waited 2 weeks for a delivery that didnt come and took time of work expecting these deliverys. Then it took a further 3 weeks to get a refund.

I'm still waiting for another order to be delivered which has been over a month now.

I highly recommend avoiding this company, very unprofessional.
Order placed nearly 3 weeks ago, we have waited in at home twice for delivery of wardrobe and still nothing. Meant to be delivered today which is a Saturday and the office is closed so we cant even contact anyone
Delivery was not on time.
Item arrived damaged.
Hard to contact customer services.
Hi there,

We are sorry to read this.

We have been in contact with you via email and resolved the issue prior to your feedback.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
Terrible.had to get refund after multiple failed deliveries fobbed off numerous time by operators. Will never use again. Order no.1693189
Hi there,

We are very sorry that you had issues with the courier service and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

When you contacted us directly, we assisted with the matter and ensured that you was fully refunded due to the item having not arrived.

We apologize again for the issues with the courier service and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
i ordered 4 pieces of furniture on a specific day as i would only be home on the day they should of arrive . i ordered on a friday and i was told delivery monday - i then got an email on saturday saying 2 items had been delivered and had been signed for by me. As i wasnt there i knew this wasnt true.i waited all of the monday for the other items to arrive , the website stated will arrive by 5:30- nothing - at 7:45 that evening i get a call to say they are outside however by then i had left so they then left it with a neighbour which i didnt want and didnt ask for . 2 days later the final item arrived without any warning and again left with a neighbour what i didnt want or ask for. The items all had small cosmetic damages to them which make them unsightly to look at from certain angles. All in all a disaster and waste of money
HI there,

We are very sorry that you had such issues with the courier service that we have to use for the goods ordered.

I can assure you that we as a company did not expect that this would occur as it is within our best interest for our customers orders to be fulfilled without any issues.

We really are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

BFW
They're awful. Not steady at all. The bottom draws of the two sets I purchased have broken and I've had them a month.
Wouldn't buy again.
Hi there,

We are terribly sorry to read that this has happened and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We do usually receive great feedback on our Stratford range therefore apologize that you feel this way about the product.

This is the first time that we have been made aware of any issues with your order, therefore we have emailed you to help rectify this.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
Had a nightmare with my order! Delivery never turned up when it should even though we paid extra. To make matters worse delivery then attempted every day throughout the week even though I had informed them no-one would be there. Then again delivery didn’t turn up. We wasted 3 days waiting after 7 attempts yes 7 of course the furniture was delivered bashed and damaged. We then had to wait over a week for a refund. No official apologies offered. We never use again.
Hi there,

We are truly very sorry for the issues that you faced with the courier service that we have to use - As an online retailer, it is within our best interest to try and ensure a smooth delivery process however on this occasion our courier really did let us down and I apologize for this.

The goods have since been returned and a full refund issued back to your account as requested.

We apologize again.

BFW
They incorrectly told me I had received the delivery, it turned up the day after, damaged. I want to return the product, i was given a date, waited in all day, and it never turned up. Now they won't send me a label to return it via the post? Forcing me to wait in a full day again, with no guarantee of the delivery man turning up.
Hi there,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

We apologize for the courier issues that you faced however can see that the matter has since been resolved and you choose for us to resolve the matter by sending you a replacement item.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

BFW
What would have been a lovley product, was sent with a few marks and damage, to be followed by poor customer service and manners to be somewhat desired.
Hi there,

We are very sorry that the goods arrived to you damaged in transit.

We offered a replacement and replacement parts however you decided to keep the item for a part refund.
A generous part refund was offered to you and has since been accepted and issued back to your original method of payment.

We apologize again for the transit damage.

BFW
They need to change their delivery company, half my sofa arrived a few days late and the second half wasn’t delivered for another 12 days.
Hi there,

We are extremely sorry that you have had such a negative experience with the third party courier service that we use.

Please be assured that you feedback will be passed on to our courier account manager who can assess the matter further.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Big Furniture Warehouse is rated 4.12 based on 569 reviews