Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews

of reviewers recommend Big Furniture Warehouse
Read Big Furniture Warehouse Reviews

Tell us how Big Furniture Warehouse made you happy
i ordered 4 pieces of furniture on a specific day as i would only be home on the day they should of arrive . i ordered on a friday and i was told delivery monday - i then got an email on saturday saying 2 items had been delivered and had been signed for by me. As i wasnt there i knew this wasnt true.i waited all of the monday for the other items to arrive , the website stated will arrive by 5:30- nothing - at 7:45 that evening i get a call to say they are outside however by then i had left so they then left it with a neighbour which i didnt want and didnt ask for . 2 days later the final item arrived without any warning and again left with a neighbour what i didnt want or ask for. The items all had small cosmetic damages to them which make them unsightly to look at from certain angles. All in all a disaster and waste of money
HI there,

We are very sorry that you had such issues with the courier service that we have to use for the goods ordered.

I can assure you that we as a company did not expect that this would occur as it is within our best interest for our customers orders to be fulfilled without any issues.

We really are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

BFW
They're awful. Not steady at all. The bottom draws of the two sets I purchased have broken and I've had them a month. Wouldn't buy again.
Hi there,

We are terribly sorry to read that this has happened and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We do usually receive great feedback on our Stratford range therefore apologize that you feel this way about the product.

This is the first time that we have been made aware of any issues with your order, therefore we have emailed you to help rectify this.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
Had a nightmare with my order! Delivery never turned up when it should even though we paid extra. To make matters worse delivery then attempted every day throughout the week even though I had informed them no-one would be there. Then again delivery didn’t turn up. We wasted 3 days waiting after 7 attempts yes 7 of course the furniture was delivered bashed and damaged. We then had to wait over a week for a refund. No official apologies offered. We never use again.
Hi there,

We are truly very sorry for the issues that you faced with the courier service that we have to use - As an online retailer, it is within our best interest to try and ensure a smooth delivery process however on this occasion our courier really did let us down and I apologize for this.

The goods have since been returned and a full refund issued back to your account as requested.

We apologize again.

BFW
They incorrectly told me I had received the delivery, it turned up the day after, damaged. I want to return the product, i was given a date, waited in all day, and it never turned up. Now they won't send me a label to return it via the post? Forcing me to wait in a full day again, with no guarantee of the delivery man turning up.
Hi there,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

We apologize for the courier issues that you faced however can see that the matter has since been resolved and you choose for us to resolve the matter by sending you a replacement item.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

BFW
What would have been a lovley product, was sent with a few marks and damage, to be followed by poor customer service and manners to be somewhat desired.
Hi there,

We are very sorry that the goods arrived to you damaged in transit.

We offered a replacement and replacement parts however you decided to keep the item for a part refund.
A generous part refund was offered to you and has since been accepted and issued back to your original method of payment.

We apologize again for the transit damage.

BFW
They need to change their delivery company, half my sofa arrived a few days late and the second half wasn’t delivered for another 12 days.
Hi there,

We are extremely sorry that you have had such a negative experience with the third party courier service that we use.

Please be assured that you feedback will be passed on to our courier account manager who can assess the matter further.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

BFW
would never order again our box came broken screws missing and furniture was scratched.
HI there,

We are very sorry about this.

We did reply to the message that you sent in order to try and assist you however we never received a reply.

We have tried emailing since however have yet to have a reply in order to resolve this matter.

Please get back to us so that we can help you.

Carrie
Do not use this company. Also advetise on ebay, dont deliver on time, package came damaged, not exagerating worst conditioned packaging ive ever seen. All panels of an otterman damaged. No urgency to replace. Expected to wait in 8am to 8pm to collect damaged items, wont refund until damaged items are returned, so cannot go elsewhere. Then the customer service responses were awful. Stay away honestly.
Final Update: This companies final reply below is an example of the kind of falsehoods they use, I have never been abusive to their staff. They have shown nothing but dishonesty - starting with false claims to have delivered the item on days when I can prove they did not and ending with false promises about issuing a refund. From day one this made what should have been a routine purchase a lengthy grind to wrest a refund from them. Update: This company has since contacted me in an email about this review and stated that it could be seen as "defamatory". They have asked me to make changes to this review. This is in my opinion a veiled legal threat. The review follows: Very poor, I advise against dealing with this company as they have shown extremely poor service. They made several promises around delivery dates but did not deliver the item, claimed to have made four 'attempts'. On one occasion I was literally stood outside the front of the property when they claimed to have attended and nobody was there. When pressed the delivery company could not provide details of what the front of the property looked like. Later on a review of CCTV confirmed nobody attended. After I cancelled the order a week passed and the company then attempted to deliver the item without informing me. The company then tried to get out of paying a refund, either claiming the 'person why dealt with refunds' was 'not there' or blaming third parties. Accounts from the company staff were internally inconsistent and I got the impression they were simply trying to fob me off. Thankfully I had PayPal buyer protection, I would use this as a minimum to protect yourself if you have no choice but to deal with this company. Even then they did try to run the clock down, falling back on a seemingly endless string of excuses to try and avoid processing a refund. Throughout the process I was accused of lying and being abusive for trying to get a refund, belittled and made to feel like the incident was my fault. The overwhelming impression I got was that company staff just wanted me to shut up and go away.
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you feel this way.

The courier had documented that a number of attempts had already been made to your property. We relayed this information on to you.
As you wasn't happy, you requested that the goods were returned.
We advised that upon return, a full refund would be issued back to your account.

We never in anyway tried to get out of giving you a refund. We clearly advised you that upon return a full refund would be issued. It was your choice to open a Paypal dispute which was escalated - When a Paypal dispute is escalated, this holds the funds until the dispute has been concluded by Paypal themselves. On this occasion, Paypal found the case in our favor due to the details provided to them via your case. Once the case was found in our favor, the funds were released and the refund was promptly issued back to your account.
Had we been a dishonest company and relied on Paypals outcome, the matter would have been found in our favor without a refund ever being returned to you - We are in fact a very honest company and issued the full refund back to your account as soon as the funds were readily available.

Via telephone, you was verbally abusive to staff members at big furniture warehouse. The service we use to fulfil our courier actions Despatch bay too have accounts of where you were abusive to them via telephone.

We attempted to help where physically possible and straight away agreed to the return for refund, which we actioned.

We would also like to add that we in no way contacted you directly in regards to the feedback - This was in fact reviews who contacted you directly to request that the feedback was revised due to it being seen as defamatory. We have in no way threatened you with any form of legal action as suggested.

BFW
Shocking customer service from this poor excuse of a company!! Waited in all day for my delivery after taking day off work to be told by the delivery driver my order wasn’t on the van and he would have to return. Called to rearrange and was advised my items were not delivered as I was not home which was a lie. When my order was finally delivered half of it was missing so had to chase again. What did arrive was absolutely disgusting!! I ordered a king size mattress to receive a mouldy stained ridiculous excuse of a double mattress that was about 2cm thick how they advertise it as a mattress I don’t know! Had to email to request a refund as the wrong item delivered that was also in a poor condition. After receiving photo evidence of what I had been sent I was advised this company don’t collect mattresses for return and that I would have to dispose of this myself! Absolutely shocking response considering they are fully aware I am currently heavily pregnant. Then have the cheek to ask whether I want my original item sending to me or whether I would like a refund. Yes the prices are cheap for what they sell but the customer service is shockingly bad when anything goes wrong and I would not recommend this company to anyone at all!
Hi there,

We are truly very sorry to read that you have had such issues and apologize for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you.

We have never had this particular experience occur before and can assure you that we will be doing everything in our power to ensure that such issues do not arise again.

After having reviewed the images, it was decided to simply issue a full refund without the need for you to return the item - This was so that you did not have to wait for the courier due to you having had issues with the previously - The last thing that we wanted to occur was for you to have further courier problems which is why we offered to fully refund without the need to return.

We are truly very sorry for the poor experience that you have faced and for the inconvenience that this caused you.

BFW
I borth two chest of draws and i wont be buying from them again. Ive send them back the following day. The chest of draw was small and uneven . The company came to collect the chest of draws and made the payment as soon as it got to the warehouse.
Hi there,

We are terribly sorry that you received a faulty item.

Due to selling mass produced items, sometimes such issues can occur and please be assured that we never intended for this to happen.

We offered to rectify the issue however you understandably did not wish to proceed and simply wanted a return for refund, which we arranged free of charge and fully refunded upon return quickly.

My apologies for the initial issues that occurred and for any inconvenience caused.

BFW
Avoid like the plague, shocking customer service, delivery service a joke, waited in for three days, lie after lie, offered £10 compensation, buy from elsewhere even if more expensive.
Absolute joke of a company who will not be doing anything about it anytime soon and do not take any responsibility. They lie about when you’ll get your order, their return policy is shocking whereby you have to arrange a courier yourself and pay for it and then once at the warehouse they will decide if they will refund you. The courier from the service they use was so rude that he used the ‘f’ word. Their customer service staff try to argue with you rather than accept liability and other responses to reviews below clearly show that whether they are arguing with you on the phone or responding to an email they have dire customer service skills. Not to mention, you’ll be lucky to get a reply if you email them and then they’ll conveniently tell you they didn’t receive it! When you ask them about making a complaint they’ll tell you that it’ll come through to them and they will deal with it!!! How very reassuring that after all that it’s like a 360 circle. Ironically, they will even ask for your email address to apparently check authenticity of your review! It’s more to do with them trying to check your order to see where they can blame the customer again. Not to mention they do not give you any alternative boxes to use for the other questions and expect you to pick an answer that you don’t want, hence, I have left out answering some questions. Stick to the real organisations where you get treated as a valid customer and don’t waste your time with this horrendous place as it’s not worth the headache. I will never be ordering from this place again nor will I ever recommend them.
Please Avoid This Company! They failed on every level after ordering on ebay, first off they sent out the wrong sized headboard for my King Sized Bed, which the delivery company handed to me out on the street, and wouldn't even help me with the 3 heavy boxes to my door. The delivery driver didn't even know what I had ordered, I had to tell him as he passed me the boxes off the back of his van. They then failed to re-collect the wrong sized headboard and took 1 week to deliver the correct headboard, I then set up the bed to realise the new headboard was faulty, I sent a video of the fault to the company and they said it wasn't faulty. So apparently their beds are supposed to squeak and creek when touched with lose parts in the headboard. If you order and leave them a bad review they will bribe you to change the review! They offered me a mere 10% money back, even after I lost close to 5 times the value of the bed in lost earnings, waiting for deliveries and false promises that never materialised. They offered to send me another headboard, but really? could I expect any better the 3rd time around? After previously telling me the delivery company would not recollect the incorrect headboard, leaving me to ring a charity to collect it in my own time. I sent multiple emails to the company and was still left feeling like I was to blame for their shocking customer service and poor quality deliveries, I took multiple days off work waiting for the company to delivery on days they did not show up. The overall products sent were either faulty or the wrong size, they are reluctant to issue refunds or fair compensation for the time and money I wasted sorting out their mess. For the Management- -Find a new delivery service -Hire more staff to deal with complaints, you are lucky to get a reply in 24 hours to emails. And retrain your staff with the age old principle of 'The Customer Is Always Right' I was made to feel like a liar. -Do not bribe customers who leave poor feedback on websites, I was offered money but turned it down as it was a laughable amount compared to what I had lost, and it simply isn't fair on customers who want accurate feedback. -Quality check your products, make sure you are sending out the correct orders and they are not faulty. -Directly email your customers Tracking information for the delivery, the delivery company emails go into your spam folder. Please Avoid this company, If you have a bad experience leave a bad review and when they offer you money to change it please tell them where to go!
Really bad quality furniture
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you feel this way.

We have dealt with this matter and after reviewing the images, we concluded that this was in fact courier damage which the courier have accepted. We have since rectified the matter for you by which you agreed to a part refund to keep the item as it stood.

I apologize that the item was damaged upon arrival however am glad that we have since managed to resolve this matter for you.

BFW
I’d give no stars if possible, without going into too much detail; chairs were faulty and customer services was appalling and untrustworthy. In the end I gave up, put the chairs in the bin, accepted that id been ripped off and put it down to experience. If you buy cheap, you sometimes get rubbish!
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read this.

We did offer an exchange however a case was opened against us via Paypal which indicated a return for refund.

We adhered to both a return for refund which we accepted via Paypal but also confirmed via emails that if you preferred to exchange, we could do so however the case would need to be closed as it was a different outcome to the claim.

We did respond to your messages however had started to receive no replies.

I apologize that you had initial issues however we really have tried to help as best we can in this instance.

BFW
This company delivered my item to a neighbour at an address 350 miles away despite me emailing them within an hour of purchase on EBay after realising the wrong address was on the order. They ignored this. They have £109 of my money and won’t accept that they should have responded more quickly to my email Therefore I am £109 out of pocket and I have no item. Disgracefully unsympathetic- do not trust them!
Hi there,

I am very sorry that you input the incorrect address on your eBay order.

As per eBays policies, once an order is placed we have to ship to the address provided and therefore cannot change the delivery address.

With the above in mind, the goods were shipped to the address provided on the order.

We received your messages after the goods had been shipped from our warehouse therefore at this stage we was unable to cancel the order as it was in transit to the delivery address you provided to us.

I apologize that we was physically unable to change the address when the item was out for delivery to the address we was provided with on your order.

Carrie
Lovely furniture but one of the draws came broken and I was unable to contact anybody regarding this.
Hi there,

I am very sorry to read that one of the drawers came broken and that you was unable to contact us.

If you could email us on: customerservices@bigfurniturewarehouse.com advising the part number/letter from the assembly instructions for the damaged panel, we will gladly assist in having this part replaced for you.

We do have a contact us page on our website but also our direct contact number. We also send generic messages to our customers with updates on their orders which can be replied too - Could you let me know which of these methods you tried using to reach us?

I apologize again for this.

BFW
Ordered before 12noon for a next day delivery but you claimed the payment had not gone through despite it leaving my Paypal account at around 11.30am Therefore you could not deliver when I needed so I had to phone to get my money refunded and to cancel the order. Not great.
Hi there,

We apologize that your payment did not reach us in time to qualify for next day delivery.

We understand that this may well have been some form of technical glitch within the system and can only apologize that this happened to you.

BFW
I bought a shelving unit and storage boxes to go with it. However the shelf was out of stock and the company was unable to fulfil my order but proceeded to send the boxes anyway. Of course these were useless to me without the shelf itself. Trying to return and get a refund for these was a long and painful process. I had to send tens on emails and courier collection had to be arranged several times as I didn’t have the facility to print a return label. I also had to wait in all day for this courier which was a great inconvenience. All in all it was a huge waste of my time and a very poor customer service. All for some boxes worth £12. Just astonishing. Would not use again.
Hi there,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you.

We have looked in to this case further and understand the errors which occurred and have new processes in place to stop this from occurring in the future.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

Big Furniture Warehouse is rated 3.99 based on 392 reviews