Baltic Travel Company Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Baltic Travel Company

About Baltic Travel Company : Expert local knowledge for a Great Holiday in the Nordic Region, Scandinavia, The Baltic Region, Poland, Slovakia, Russia and more.
We know the territory – you’ll experience the difference.
When your holiday is created by experts who know the country inside out, your journey’s off to a flying start.

At Baltic Travel Company, we pride ourselves on our intimate knowledge of the Nordics ( Scandinavia incl. Finland, Iceland and Greenland ), the Baltic States, Poland, Slovakia, Russia and more. By combining our first-hand knowledge of your destination, and our extensive experience of the UK and global travel industry, we’re able to tailor-make the perfect holiday for you – whatever your interests, budget and location.

02082332875

info@baltictravelcompany.com

"We had a great self drive holiday to Estonia and Latvia, hotels were excellent and journey times between stops were well thought out. We throughly enjoyed our holiday and would have no hesitation in recommending your company to others."
Autumn A
"This is the second time I have gone on a trip to see the Northern Lights and I can rest assure you that I am more than happy with what I have gotten. A massive thank you to Lena who’s been so patient, helpful and kind with helping me organise my trips to Iceland (last year) and Finland this year!"
Patricia K
Patricia K
Verified Buyer
"Rave reviews! I was 100% ...and some...satisfied with my experience with the Baltic Travel Company. This summer they helped me put together a tailor made package where I travelled throughout Norway and also to Stockholm and Copenhagen. Together we were able to come up with an itinerary that worked within the time and budget restrictions. I was pleased with the accommodations. They were clean, centrally located, easily accessible, and had great breakfast options. As well, the modes of transportation were well chosen as they allowed me to see so much of the spectacular countryside. My travel agent made herself readily available, so that when, unexpectedly, the weather necessitated a change in plans during the trip, she was able to do so quickly and efficiently. I would definitely use them again, as it was evident they were very knowledgeable about the area. Thank-you!"
"We had a wonderful time touring this beautiful corner of the world! The hotels were comfortable and provided great buffet breakfasts, the transfers and transport were excellent. The highlight, however, were the guides. Their knowledge and passion for the history and culture of each country made it a fascinating and thought provoking trip for us."
"Excellent and responsive service when booking, also foĺlow up. Good paper work, ticketing."
"A hotel we could afford, with excellent breakfast and smiling, helpful staff. Invaluable travel passes, especially the Stockholm pass."
"We travelled to Moscow and St Petersburg. We had a fabulous holiday - Intourist (the local guides) were great, very informative and very helpful; hotels were good; and we loved Russia. Prior to the holiday our representative at Baltic Travel made everything very clear and guided us through the whole VISA application process amongst many other helpful dialogues."
"From our first contact with Baltic Travel Company to our return from Russia, everything about our trip went like clockwork. Daina in the London office answered our every question immediately and in great detail, helping us to decide on our mode of travel and choice of destinations. All our drivers were helpful and on time, and both our guides in Moscow and Saint Petersburg were charming, knowledgeable and fluent English speakers. We were particularly impressed by their flexibility in response to our interests and our somewhat slow pace! Also helpful was that they had complete information about our tailor-made itinerary and were able to offer advice and information about the later stages in our journey. Thanks to Daina and all the team we had a great experience (which we thought excellent value for money) and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them wholeheartedly."
"I thought I would let you know that my wife and I had a truly WONDERFUL holiday in Norway. Thank you and your colleagues so much for organising everything for us. Almost everything went flawlessly and – apart from just one day – the weather was excellent; particularly so in Oslo and Bergen! Here are some specific plus points: • I thought the idea of including a ‘complimentary evening meal’ to our hotel accommodation in Oslo and Bergen was a really good one – these meals were quite adequate and obviously saved us a great deal of money. Isn’t Norway expensive!!!! • The breakfasts at both the Thon hotels were exceptional. Indeed, I’m hard pressed to think of a better one anywhere else I’ve ever stayed at. • The location of both Thon hotels (in Oslo and Bergen) was perfect – close to the centre and our rooms were very quiet. • The location at the Eliassen Rorbuer in Hamnøy (Lofoten Islands) was quite stunning and the standard of accommodation, too, was first class. For both of us, visiting the Lofoten Islands was the highlight of the holiday – which is not to say that both Oslo and Bergen weren’t both wonderful cities. Thank you again."
"If your ambition is to see and perhaps photograph free-living wild bears and maybe a wolverine in their forest habitat, and if you are prepared for a 13-hour silent night vigil, this is how it can be done. Baltic Travel can arrange planes, trains and buses or taxis to get you wherever you need to be. Flying from Gatwick or Heathrow to Helsinki Airport gives you a chance to stay one or more nights in Helsinki if you wish to look around the capital city. The next stage is to get to Kajaani, some 500km north of Helsinki, either by plane or train. Plane is obviously quicker, but consider the mid-morning Pendolino train. Walk to the station, find the platform and get on the train-no security, no passport checks, just walk on. Travelling "Extra Class" gives you an upper deck seat with views across the forests and lakes of Finland. There's a cafe on board too. The journey takes over 6 hours! It is worth remembering that if you fly there may be a long wait for your connecting flight (on my return flight there was a 5 hour wait for the flight to the UK) Arriving in Kajaani there's just under 100km to Kuhmo and Hotel Kalevala, but your transport will be waiting for you. The striking hotel has comfortable rooms and a stunning view from the dining room balcony across a lake stretching far into the distance. The cuisine is Finnish; carefully prepared and attractively presented. There's a sauna and jacuzzi available every evening. All the staff speak English. There are some tempting extra activities- boating on the lake, hiking with huskies and just wandering through the Scots Pine and Birch forest. Some tips: The cost of living is high, so beer and extras are expensive There are no midges in Spring The currency is the euro The Lonely Planet guide to Finland is informative and helpful. Finally, communications with Baltic are effective and timely, Patrick Fisher"
"Thank you to the staff at Baltic Travel for making my visit to Norway truly special. I had a great time, the travel connections and hotel stops all ran smoothly so couldn't ask for more. Thanks again, I would certainly consider travelling with you again."
"The booking process was simple and Daina extremely helpful and offered invaluable advice and assistantance when applying for the visas. The taxis were in place, at the appointed times to take us to and from the hotel. The hotel was centrally placed and of a good standard with a wide selection for breakfast. This was the first time we have used Baltic Travel will certainly use them again, a 5 star service."
"My family and i have just returned from a short trip to Moscow, which was organised by Julija at Baltic Travel. It was a fabulous trip & everything organised by Baltic Travel was perfect. Baltic travel tailored the entire trip to our needs regarding airport preferences, transfers, booking day excursions & ballet tickets. Right from the start Julija advised us & guided us through the visa application process & answered all the many questions which we had, promptly & efficiently. Would highly recommend Baltic Travel to others."
"Baltic Travel were extremely helpful from the moment we contacted them about a trip to Russia. They gave us all the information about the tour and were able to swiftly answer all our questions. They also helped with our Visa application, which for Russia, is extremely detailed. We found this help invaluable. The tour company Baltic Travel use in Russia was very good and whilst in Moscow we had an outstanding tor guide."
"The personal touch with ease of accessibility to a consultant helped enormously. Inga was most helpful. Baltic Travel Company’s best selling point, I think is its specialist knowledge both in London and the Baltic countries - their specialism."
Many thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our consultants not only know the places to which we take you, but have been there. This coming week, Inga will be in the Faroe Islands, one of my favourite destinations.

14.03.2018
Verified Buyer
"The Fosshotel Raudara was great, the staff were lovely. Grayline busses were fantastic. The shuttle busses are a really good idea and the coaches were clean and kept at a nice temperature, not too hot but not too cold. The guides were informative and each one told different local stories depending on the trips taken. I would also like to Mike and Daina for all the help before I went away, from checking regarding the use of cash in Iceland to emailing me my tickets and boarding passes. I loved it so much that I will be making a return visit but this time with a better camera to photograph the Northern lights. I have already recommended your company to a couple of people and would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone else. Thank you again for an amazing trip."
What a great review - many thanks. Good that Michael and Daina were able to help and you probably also benefitted from Erna's in-depth knowledge of her native country.

We look forward to helping you on your next trip and remember to take advantage of your loyalty discount.

Verified Buyer
"Trip was organised very quickly and the travel documents arrived very promptly. Everything worked well. Flights were on time; taxis met us; hotel was excellent; organised trip to see the lights well- organised with good clothing provided and facilities. Excellent all round."
Many thanks for your review. We love "excellent".

We look forward to helping you on your next trip.

David Owen Chair Baltic Travel
"The girls (my mum, my daughter and I had) had the most wonderful short break in St Petersburg, Russia last month. I really can't recommend highly enough the Baltic Travel Team for the support they offered me in the selection of my break and the planning for my trip. I have travelled frequently over the past 35 years and must say that the level of service, customer support, information, professionalism and 'going the extra mile with a range of additional areas including: visa application, attraction and Opera tickets' was superb. It most certainly was higher than any other service I have received before with any other travel company. In addition to this, the quality of the hotel was excellent and at a very competitive price. I would like to say a huge Thank You to Lena and Erna specifically as they were my key touch-points but also to the other team members for the collective support you have offered me. It really is greatly appreciated! I most certainly would book with you again and probably again after that. Keep up the good work. I certainly doesn't go unnoticed!"
Wow -what a great review. Many thanks.

The team works hard to ensure every trip is special and it is wonderful to hear from clients who appreciate and praise their efforts.

We look forward to helping you on your next trip.

David Owen Chair Baltic Travel
"Both consultants who helped plan my trip to Norway, Lena and Erna, did a superb job! I saw the Northern Lights several times on the Hurtigruten overnight cruise from Tromso to Vonningstag. Tromso was very interesting and I spent 2 fascinating days wandering, shopping, and being a tourist! Trip to the top of the world - North Cape- beautiful day with blue sky, sunshine and lots of snow on the ground to crunch through! The Ice Hotel at Alta was magnificent - in the ice igloo were spectacular sculptures and my bed was a block of ice covered in reindeer skins! I managed to sleep quite well in freezing temperatures! There were many activities to choose from at the hotel. My favorite was riding as a pillion passenger with the guide on the snow mobile safari. The bus trip from Alta back to Tromso was scenic as we traveled through mountains and fjords. The trip included two ferry crossings so another photo op and time to enjoy a coffee was most enjoyable. The purpose of my trip was to travel from Australia to see the Northern Lights and Ice Hotel. I was fortunate to see both and thoroughly enjoyed this unique experience. Thank you Baltic Travel Consultants!"
Verified Buyer
"Everything went to plan, reliable professional company. Would definitely book with them again"
Thanks for your excellent review. We love it when everything goes 'to plan'.

We look forward to helping you with your next trip

Verified Buyer
"Second time I have used Baltic Travel and was really impressed with their support and help as well as doing all the arrangements. I simply told them what I wanted to do and when. They arranged it. Wonderful trip to Tromso this year and got to see the Northern Lights too. This excursion was also arranged by Baltic Travel. Cannot recommend them enough and have shared their details on Facebook with many people. Am off again to Oslo in May which has also been arranged by them. This will be my 3rd trip with them. Thanks you"
Thanks for your excellent review and your loyalty. We work hard to serve and keep our clients and it makes us feel warm when they appreciate our service.

Enjoy Norway.

David Owen Chair Baltic Travel
"I travelled to Iceland 3rd March for a short break. Baltic travel organised everything perfectly... The trips ran smoothly, communication was great and Iceland was fab! I had trouble with my outgoing flight due to bad uk weather - Julija was very reassuring and I had no problems when arriving in Iceland despite being 8 hours later than planned. Definitely would use Baltic travel company again."
Thanks for your excellent review. Delighted that you enjoyed Iceland.

We look forward to helping you with your next trip.

Baltic Travel Company is rated 4.90 based on 243 reviews