Your Guitar Academy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy
Read Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Unit 3 Oakhurst FarmHoram

Tell us how Your Guitar Academy made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 22nd May 2020
Jack
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
More Photos & Videos
Mal is an excellent tutor, both friendly and professional. The courses are well structured and follow a logical progression with great flexibility, and cover a good balance of both playing and the more technical aspects of musical theory. In just 10 weeks my 13 year old son's gone from having a vague interest in playing guitar to learning two full songs, picking it up every day and looking forward to each week's lesson. 100% recommend.
(Mal Troon) - Posted 1 year ago
Learning with YGA has been an amazing experience so far (10 lessons in) and I’m definitely going to continue! Emma has been an awesome teacher and really helped me to progress. She is very patient and knowledgable and I would recommend her to anyone looking to learn.
(Emma Reading) - Posted 1 year ago
As a beginner I was hoping to learn quickly in my first 10 lessons and learn to play a song or two. My expectations have been exceeded ! The YGA tutor is extremely good, and has tailored the lessons to teach me the basics for a beginner and some playing skills that I was looking for - also three songs have been learnt and it has been fun.
I can recommend YGA very strongly - a great, professional and fun way to learn.
(Tim Boyce) - Posted 1 year ago
Lessons with Amy are great, we play, well she plays and I try to play music that I like and Amy is able to teach me. I feel I have improved a lot and regained enthusiasm to play.
(Amy Sergeant) - Posted 1 year ago
My guitar tutor Emma Reading is an inspiration to keep on wanting to practice and learn more. From the outset Emma has taught me at my pace and she answers my questions using practical examples inc a keyboard and or the guitar... and all in a simple easy to understand way. She is a credit to YGA.
(Emma Reading) - Posted 1 year ago
These guys are just amazing! They offer a HUGE selection of relatively short and to-the-point online video lessons for absolutely free. While I cannot imagine how this make sense (business-wise) I'm extremely thankful to have been fortunate enough to stumble onto their site.
The best Guitar site on the internet that I have come across, and I have tried them all payed and free. This site is way ahead of the rest well structured and the instructors interact with you in a way that's fun and informative with lessons that are explained thoroughly. Keep up the good work guy's.
Love my lessons with Zak - he is great
(Zak Dajani) - Posted 1 year ago
Niall is an amazing teacher . I’ve had a few teachers. Niall is pataint and clear . I will be continuing lesson with him
(Kiall Freeman) - Posted 1 year ago
I have found learning much easier and fun because my teacher has been effective and efficient in developing great technique. The lessons are structured into manageable steps so that practicing does not feel like a burden. I do my lessons via Skype, meaning I can always find the time and flexibility to arrange classes, as long as I have my guitar. I've made more progress in a shorter space of time than in previous attempts to learn the guitar.
(Simone Galdelli) - Posted 1 year ago
At last a guitar tutor who can teach. If you don't want to just learn a few songs and you want to correct poor techniques you've learned online or in books and want to have, as part of your longterm goal, an understanding of the theory of what your playing, then this is for you. Simone is patient, understanding and encouraging. I just so wish i had started my journey here! (I also wish i had started my journey about 50 years ago!!) Although there's a huge free online resource at YGA the online one-to-one Skype lessons just add so much more to the experience. Don't get me wrong, there's no short cuts and you will have to put the effort in but within my first 10 lessons i can sense progress and have a sense of direction rather than floundering about on the internet. 5 stars
(Simone Galdelli) - Posted 1 year ago
Joel has been nothing but kind and has really help me develop confidence. I started the programme with absolutely no experience and now I can play songs that I love, through the hobby I always wanted to have. The worksheets are easy to understand and I think the song choices are great. We’ve gone through the beginner course quickly as I’ve enjoyed it so much and I’ll definelty continue the lessons going forward, they are worth every penny.
(Joel Jordan) - Posted 1 year ago
Not only has my daughter come on massively in the few months she has been having lessons with Matt. But she is loving going and loving her practise too.
Totally recommend
(Matt Lockyer) - Posted 1 year ago
Having one to one lessons with my tutor Joel has really helped me to get to grips with and improve my playing on my bass guitar. He helps me to understand the techniques needed to play and introduces them into songs that he knows I like so practicing them is fun for me.
(Joel Jordan) - Posted 1 year ago
I enjoyed my lessons with Kjartan. I liked the way the lessons were structured.
My only criticism is that I am learning bass and none of the online resources offered snything gor bass
Been learning for a couple of years, Mal took me back to basics and ensured my technique and understanding was correct. This was really helpful in practicing and learning. He's very adaptable to learning songs I love and helping me play them. The online supporting material and lesson assignments are great. Mal's a really nice guy and easy to get along with and really enjoying my lessons.
(Mal Troon) - Posted 1 year ago
My daughter Sophie started learning the guitar with the lovely Emma in May. As a complete beginner she is doing so well. Emma is great and Sophie loves going to her lessons
First lesson with Todd in NW3.
Really brillliant
Zachary (aged now 9) has really enjoyed his first term of guitar lessons. Thank you Kiall for being an awesome teacher.
(Kiall Freeman) - Posted 1 year ago
I am having a great time learning to play the guitar. My tutor, Alex, is a great tutor, and I particularly like the relaxed approach which is tailored to my needs and based on learning through focus on particular songs and associated techniques.
(Alex Barron) - Posted 1 year ago