Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 6th October 2017
Trevor
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
Peter is an excellent all rounder having extensive knowledge of the complete plethora of rock, pop and jazz over the last 75 years combined with technical music knowledge.

I came to Peter as a complete beginner and found him very patient and positive.

I would strong recommend him.
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 1 week ago
Your guitar academy is the best online platform to learn guitar. I know how to play the guitar but never learned it systematically and therefore my progress was stagnated. Once I went through the basic course of your guitar academy (which is absolutely free) I decided to undo whatever I have learnt and start afresh. Though I am progressing faster than someone who would pick up the guitar for the first time, Inam polishing my mistakes on the way, specially the strumming patterns.

On top of that the welcome gifts, the two e books, are a treasure for any guitarist. I am from India and I know such quality books will cost a fortune here. I am extremely grateful to the entire team of your guitar academy and applause their effort.
Recently retired and left with lots of time on my hands and a spare guitar. First lesson today with Harrison who was great, very patient with an old guy like me. Looking forward to getting to grips with the lesson plan, and the great thing is I can move forward at my own pace and only when I am fully confident to move onto the next part of the learning curve with a teacher who obviously knows his stuff and can adjust his teaching methods to suit.
(Harrison Blackamore) - Posted 2 weeks ago
I received a handful of lessons as a Christmas gift two Christmases ago and have never looked back. Harrison is a great tutor and a really pleasant guy who breaks things down really well so you feel like you're making good progress. I'd recommend his lessons to anyone.
(Harrison Blackamore) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Pete Newberry is a great guitar teacher and a superb musician as well. What is fantastic about Pete is his ability to communicate concepts and ideas very clearly, while also being totally inspiring with his demonstrations. A wonderful guitar teacher who you will have lots of fun with when you take his lessons.
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 4 weeks ago
My tutor was Peter Newberry. His knowledge was extensive and his lessons really helped me progress.
I have really enjoyed my lessons with Peter.
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Pete was amazing. He explained everything really well, broke it done And has been patient with me every step of the way. I’d recommend him highly!
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Daniele has taught my 13 year old daughter to play the Ukulele. She had no previous music experience but he has given her the confidence to practice, improve and play some songs. I can't praise his enthusiasm enough, he is a delightful and supportive teacher.
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 12th September 2020
(Daniele Ciaravolo) - Posted 1 month ago
Well here is my story. I have been playing guitar for a few decades now. Used to play in a band many, many years ago. I was a very strong rhythm played, but just could never master leads. I wanted to, so bad. My hero's were BB King, SRV, Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, David Gilmore. I wanted to make my guitar sing and cry like these men did. Just never managed. So I sold my electric after the band ended and have been playing acoustic ever since. Well, two weeks ago I decided to once again, after 20 years, to buy an electric guitar. My goal was just to play similar music to what I have always played, just a different guitar. Then I discovered YGA. Wow! I can actually play BB King style leads now! Finally after all these years to be able to play like one of my heros. And this is just the beginning! So totally recommended by myself! This video is the first lesson. Able to get it in a day due to the clear instructions.
I am an intermediate player and I have been playing guitar for 3 years. I searched for "play like jimi hendrix" and this course popped up. I have been working on it for 2 weeks now and it has been a great experience. I would totally recommend this course.
Really great course, from A to Z, cords to lead, theory to practice to even guitar maintenance. The most complete course I have ever found. Thanks so much guys!
This is exactly what I was looking for. I needed a soup to nuts program to take my guitar learning to the next level. This is it. Love the “guitar gym”.
-Boston, United States
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 22nd May 2020
Excellent lesson and an Excellent tutor. My playing and knowledge of chord structure has come on leaps and bounds.
(Harrison Blackamore) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi Lee, thanks for the great review, it really helps our tutors out! That's great that your theory knowledge is improving, it's often overlooked but can really be the key to moving forward in your playing :)
great very easy to use
(Franco Lacan) - Posted 5 months ago
Never have I come across such a brilliant site, taking players from complete novice to extremely well grounded. If you work your way through the site you will finish in a position to tackle just about any further study you would wish.

The kicker..........The whole site is completely free. You can buy all of the lessons very cheaply, if you want to download and watch anywhere, on any device, but if you're happy streaming, all of the content is there for you free of charge.

Just amazing!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for this amazing feedback Matt! You the man! So happy you are enjoying our courses and finding your self improving your skills. Keep up the great work :) :)
Excellent lessons that are engaging and fun. I really enjoy the lessons and a massive thanks to my tutor, Yuki. He is a great teacher. I look forward to many more lessons!
(Yuki Rufo) - Posted 6 months ago
Thanks Sebastian! So glad you're enjoying the lessons - Yuki is the man!
I'm quite happy with Dan's tutoring. I was not quite sure what to expect, but the direction he is taking me to is exactly what I needed. Even now when we have to do the lessons over the skype it is progressing well, i'd say.
(Dan Edwards) - Posted 6 months ago
Excellent friendly service and great challenging but supportive lessons from Salavatore, who is an superb teacher.
Emma Reading who is my Tutor has been nothing but brilliant from my first itroductory lesson up to what will be my 4th lesson on Thursday. The lessons all have the emphasis on fun and already I have found how interesting and varied the work is. Thank you Guitar Academy.

Regards.

Robert
(Emma Reading) - Posted 6 months ago
Hi, J is teaching my Grandson,Trafford very professional and easy to follow.Unfortunatly we have had to postpone the lessons until further notice due to the virus.We were offered Skype and face time lessons but we don't think this is appropriate at Traffords age.
(Jay Ledger) - Posted 6 months ago