Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 6th October 2017
Trevor
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
Well here is my story. I have been playing guitar for a few decades now. Used to play in a band many, many years ago. I was a very strong rhythm played, but just could never master leads. I wanted to, so bad. My hero's were BB King, SRV, Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, David Gilmore. I wanted to make my guitar sing and cry like these men did. Just never managed. So I sold my electric after the band ended and have been playing acoustic ever since. Well, two weeks ago I decided to once again, after 20 years, to buy an electric guitar. My goal was just to play similar music to what I have always played, just a different guitar. Then I discovered YGA. Wow! I can actually play BB King style leads now! Finally after all these years to be able to play like one of my heros. And this is just the beginning! So totally recommended by myself! This video is the first lesson. Able to get it in a day due to the clear instructions.
Great site. Enjoyed the blues lesson level 1-2. Hope you will get the time to maker level 3. Cheers!
Daniel is a highly talented, professional & versatile musician. He is passionate about music and teaches in a fun and exciting way. He is committed to meeting you at your learning level and needs and is encouraging and supportive. Daniel has a positive attitude and is creative in his teaching modalities and keeps you motivated! We have enjoyed working & learning from him and seeing great progress in my son's guitar skills!
(Dan Frangulea) - Posted 2 weeks ago
I'm 58 and a total beginner and l expected that learning guitar could be challenging but Gon has helped me flourish in learning as he is polite, gives clear explanations and offers help when appropriate. When l reflect on how Gon has really helped me it is that he encourages me to try new chords and songs and that really works for me! His approach gives me a sense of achievement and he is always supportive and complimentary for example when l improve my strumming. He always puts session notes, videos and audio clips on the YourGuitaracademy website just after our session and l find them helpful in planning my practice for the next session.
(Gon Almeida) - Posted 3 weeks ago
I can study Guitar well . I love these courses !
Great guitar teacher, easy to understand and follow.
What a great place. I was not able to find a good teacher out here where i live and came across this school and they are fantastic.I have purchased some of there video courses too and i like how well done there videos are with the multi camera angles and tabs on screen it doesn't get any better then this place if you really want to learn.Cant recommend them enough .
(Gon Almeida) - Posted 2 months ago
My sons tutor is an amazing professional and a lovely patient tutor! We are very happy!
(Dave Golbraich) - Posted 2 months ago
Even in three short weeks Gon has given me a structure that has pulled together some of what I already knew and showed me how to use it, while showing me new licks and patterns. Best of all it's FUN! Practise is of course required but I approach practise willingly, keen to try out what Gon has shown me.
(Gon Almeida) - Posted 2 months ago
After years of no progress, I feel I made significant improvements in my guitar playing after just two months and seven lessons with Jarrod - despite only being able to do lessons over Skype. The notes and tab he provides after every lesson are a big help and motivation to practice.
(Jarrod Elks) - Posted 2 months ago
Pete is an amazing tutor, patient but sincere with all levels of experience in the instrument. would recommend highly to those who want to start learning or just want to get better at their craft.
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 2 months ago
Awesome website. After several years of private lessons, as an intermediate I couldn't find the right lessons on youtube. They either wen't too fast or slow, or I missed some theoretical framework backing up the songs. All of the YGA courses and lessons have taught me more in a couple of months than the last couple of years and I'm playing more than ever! Couldn't thank you guys enough, keep up the good work!
great lessons and tutors, all are well set up for players of all standards. a must visit site
They did very well with setting me up with the perfect teacher to help my ability grow, he helped me gain confidence in my guitar playing and inspired me to get better, practice and was very knowledgeable about the music he was teaching and knowing my capabilities
Fantasticly well thought-through online lessons. They've drastically improved my guitar abilities and I genuinely can't wait for the next times I get to sit down and practice with YGA!
Daniele is a great teacher. He keeps me engaged and provides Interactive lessons by sharing his knowledge and following my interests. He gives me tips to improve and explains theory and practice with good examples and experience! I am enjoying more than I ever though I would ....online! Thanks
(Daniele Ciaravolo) - Posted 5 months ago
YGA has provided me with really high quality materials to improve my guitar skills and musicianship. Since taking lessons I’ve learnt more each week than I used to in six months whilst teaching myself. My tutor Harrison is a real pleasure to work with and has a fantastic way of breaking things down when I’m struggling. I have much more motivation now that I see results every week.
(Harrison Blackamore) - Posted 5 months ago
Perfect balance of keeping the session fun and implementing theory
(Jorma Gasperi) - Posted 5 months ago
For a man who professed to "not having a musical bone in my body", on a whim and at the age of 63 I decided to have a go during the lockdown. Not having a clue what I was doing I bought an acoustic guitar from Amazon then did some stuff on the internet and managed to string a couple of really simple songs together. With my appitite whetted I decided that if I was going to do this then I would do it properly and find somebody to teach me. Thank goodness I found Your Guitar Academy on the internet! I contacted them and explained my situation. Dan and the team were really helpful and enthusiastic and it felt like I was being welcomed into the musical family!! They put me in touch with a teacher in my local area of Bournemouth called Rax Behéshti. Once we had made contact and had a chat Rax gave me an hours introductary lesson for free, apart from anything else to see if we could get along. We really hit it off, and I learnt so much in that first session. Obviously because of the lockdown this was conducted on Zoom, but that didnt hinder any enjoyment at all and on completion I decided that this was most definitely the way forward if I wanted to progress. Also the prospect of 10 lessons for the price of 9 really helped and on the face of my experience to date and the teaching I have received, has been money well spent. Since then I have had lessons on Zoom and also face to face, but now back to Zoom due to the second lockdown. To say I am over the moon with my progress would be an understatement. Lessons are always good fun with Rax setting me attainable goals whilst stretching me at the same time. I cannot recommend Rax highly enough and I am positive it is a relationship which will continue for the foreseeable future as he guides and mentors me on this wonderful musical journey. I am also constantly visiting the Your Guitar Academy Website and learning lots from Dan and the team so thank you for that. Keep up the good work Your Guitar Academy it really is appreciated.
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 5 months ago
Excellent 'hand holding' tutorial!
Best online guitar site. Lessons are well thought out and extremely effective. They are also light-hearted, realistic, and most of all...FUN!
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.94 based on 419 reviews