Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 6th October 2017
Trevor
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
Pete was amazing. He explained everything really well, broke it done And has been patient with me every step of the way. I’d recommend him highly!
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Well here is my story. I have been playing guitar for a few decades now. Used to play in a band many, many years ago. I was a very strong rhythm played, but just could never master leads. I wanted to, so bad. My hero's were BB King, SRV, Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, David Gilmore. I wanted to make my guitar sing and cry like these men did. Just never managed. So I sold my electric after the band ended and have been playing acoustic ever since. Well, two weeks ago I decided to once again, after 20 years, to buy an electric guitar. My goal was just to play similar music to what I have always played, just a different guitar. Then I discovered YGA. Wow! I can actually play BB King style leads now! Finally after all these years to be able to play like one of my heros. And this is just the beginning! So totally recommended by myself! This video is the first lesson. Able to get it in a day due to the clear instructions.
Connor is an exceptional guitar teacher. He is personable, knowledgeable and accommodating. He has really made a difference with our 6 year old son already - even after just a few lessons. I really like the way the homework is clearly set out online too.
Dan has been fantastic, my son started to lose interest with his guitar but since we found Dan he’s not stopped playing and practicing. Dan has zoned in on what my son likes to play. Great experience for us both. Thanks Dan
(Dan Grice) - Posted 2 years ago
These lessons have been fantastic. Dan is an excellent guitarist and teacher who has helped me develop a strong knowledge of music theory and a raft of skills in jazz guitar. I approached Your Guitar Academy as an 'advanced' guitarist who nonetheless sorely needed to break out of a rather deep rut to acquire the ability and confidence to play jazz guitar. The knowledge, techniques and reassurance that I have received over these lessons have been superb. I highly recommend Your Guitar Academy.
(Dan Grice) - Posted 2 years ago
"I absolutely love my YGA lessons with Franco. Franco is a phenomenal and inspiring teacher. He creates a great relaxed atmosphere. He is always encouraging and makes everything so simple and easy to understand. In a short space of time I have learned so much and I'm playing with much more confidence. Thanks Franco!!!!"
(Franco Lacan) - Posted 3 years ago
First of all the process was very easy to join, the offer of a £10 trial lesson was the clincher.

My tutor is Ryan Bissett who in my opinion is fantastic, he was very personable upon first meeting him also, very patient & understanding. Ryan moves you along effortlessly and constantly challenges you to do more. I am very happy with my progress and will be committing myself to another block of 10 lessons today.
Thanks to YGA for the platform to learn & a huge thanks to Ryan Bissett for the ongoing help & support.

Jimmy Jumaye
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Hi Jimmy! What an awesome review, thank you! Yes, Ryan is an amazing tutor :) So glad to hear you are having fun and making serious progress, keep it up!
Before starting tuition, I had a conversation with my tutor (Matt Lockyer), where he asked me what I wanted to get from lessons. After my first few lessons I could tell that he had taken the time to really consider what I had said and had constructed lesson plans that were exactly on the right track.

I predominantly asked to be taught the theory, with a goal of knowing the fretboard like it was a part of my body, able to jam with ease, and know where I was musically when playing... He also asked me what kind of stuff I liked to play, so I reeled off a few bands, what I liked etc... Come the next lesson he'd learnt one of the songs I'd mentioned and figured out how it applied to the theory we were learning, and the other areas of theory that the particular song explored. This has really helped me engage with the lessons, and has made learning the theory really exciting.

The lessons are definitely bespoke, and you can clearly notice your own progression.

Matt's very personable, and delivers the lessons at a professional level in a relaxed friendly way. For me this makes the lessons really enjoyable, worthwhile and fantastic value.
(Matt Lockyer) - Posted 4 years ago
What a great experience. From the first second I met the team at My Guitar Academy, I knew it was going to be a great experience. They were all very friendly and accommodating, while understanding that I wanted to improve on the guitar. They were patient and I never felt rushed or under pressure to learn something that I thought was out of my capabilities. I couldn't recommend these guys enough, and I'll definitely be going back for some refreshers sessions or just to have a jam with the guys!
I'm really pleased at how I've progressed recently and Dan is good at mixing up the songs to keep it interesting.
(Dan Grice) - Posted 4 years ago
Surprisingly effective curriculum and fun lessons. It's easy to make good progress and feel like you're really learning something. Highly recommended.
I have been having guitar lessons with Simone. I am a complete beginner and I'm so pleased with how the lessons are going and how quickly i'm learning. The company were very friendly and helpful when I called up to book in my lessons and I'm really enjoying the extra videos and clips that help me with my home practice.
(Simone Galdelli) - Posted 4 years ago
I asked Gonsalo to teach my 6 year old son guitar to get him started playing, and he did a fantastic job in getting him to learn the basics at a suitable pace.
Needless to say Gonsalo is an amazing and very talented guitarist himself, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a competent teacher. 10/10.
It has been a few years since I last played the guitar and I needed some lessons to refresh and try and improve my technique. Before deciding on whether or not to book a face-to-face lesson, I thought that I would try the on-line lessons. I used the on-line lessons from Dan and found them to be extremely useful, very easy to follow and they have already helped me enormously. The lessons are very well constructed and Dan explains things in a very simple and understandable way. Fantastic.
I am very impressed by Dimi's musical knowledge ranging from classical to jazz to rock and blues. Apart from being a teacher he also inspires me with the high level he is on and I wish to be at one day. Not just is he a brilliant guitarist, but also he has a very unique way of teaching, understanding my difficulties and always figures the right approach to explaining and showing new material. I am very excited to continue my guitar journey with Dimi.
Matt is a lovely, professional and patient teacher, he explained everything fully and made sure that I understood the material before moving on to something new.
(Matt Lockyer) - Posted 4 years ago
Your Guitar Academy is an excellent school and you can learn how to play the guitar in an efficient and easy way!
The Bromley area tutor- Gonsalo- is a very talented professional and the lessons with him are really good! I do recommend him as a tutor!
Hello, Dimi Balev was a great guitar tutor. He was very knowledgeable in both the technique of playing and musical theory, I really enjoyed our lessons together,
My son has been having lessons with Dan at YGA for four months and I can honestly say he is already playing with confidence, which I know will only improve as he continues to learn. Dan is an extremely proficient and highly motivating teacher who makes learning the guitar fun. I cannot recommend him enough. My son comes away feeling accomplished, encouraged and excited.
(Dan Grice) - Posted 4 years ago
Started having lessons with Matt from Your Guitar Academy and my playing has improved enormously in a relatively short amount of time. He is great and the online content to back it up is amazing. Would highly recommend to anyone, beginner, advanced or anyone in between who is looking to improve their playing and enjoy their playing.
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.94 based on 396 reviews