Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 6th October 2017
Trevor
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
Well here is my story. I have been playing guitar for a few decades now. Used to play in a band many, many years ago. I was a very strong rhythm played, but just could never master leads. I wanted to, so bad. My hero's were BB King, SRV, Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, David Gilmore. I wanted to make my guitar sing and cry like these men did. Just never managed. So I sold my electric after the band ended and have been playing acoustic ever since. Well, two weeks ago I decided to once again, after 20 years, to buy an electric guitar. My goal was just to play similar music to what I have always played, just a different guitar. Then I discovered YGA. Wow! I can actually play BB King style leads now! Finally after all these years to be able to play like one of my heros. And this is just the beginning! So totally recommended by myself! This video is the first lesson. Able to get it in a day due to the clear instructions.
I was looking for guitar lessons and came across Your Guitar Academy. Wouldn't go anywhere else! They put me in touch with my closest tutor, Daniel. Seamless process and great value too. Daniel’s been great, I’d highly recommend him. I started off as a complete novice who had barely even picked up a guitar. He’s a great teacher, being patient when needed, pushing me to improve and also noticing when I need a break. We’ve learnt techniques, songs, improvisation, scales and so much more in what seems like such a short time. Again would really recommend him, I’ll be having many more lessons with him in the future - on top of this he’s a great guy too!
At 48 I decided I wanted to learn how to play the guitar, I got an electric and for a year got massively frustrated by you tube.. I eventually came to the conclusion that I needed a 1 on 1 tutor. I phoned guitar academy and spoke to olly who asked me what goals I wanted I achieve and what music interested me. They put me in touch with Todd who has been a fantastic teacher, very patient and very clear in his instructions but also pushes me at the right moments. I have learnt more in 4 lessons than I have watching 100's of hours of youtube videos. If you're thinking about getting a tutor think no more!
Fantastic course, as always and fantastic teachers, everything is crystal clear, perfectly explained, visually perfect too Thanks to you guys
Great site. Enjoyed the blues lesson level 1-2. Hope you will get the time to maker level 3. Cheers!
Daniel is a highly talented, professional & versatile musician. He is passionate about music and teaches in a fun and exciting way. He is committed to meeting you at your learning level and needs and is encouraging and supportive. Daniel has a positive attitude and is creative in his teaching modalities and keeps you motivated! We have enjoyed working & learning from him and seeing great progress in my son's guitar skills!
(Dan Frangulea) - Posted 1 month ago
I'm 58 and a total beginner and l expected that learning guitar could be challenging but Gon has helped me flourish in learning as he is polite, gives clear explanations and offers help when appropriate. When l reflect on how Gon has really helped me it is that he encourages me to try new chords and songs and that really works for me! His approach gives me a sense of achievement and he is always supportive and complimentary for example when l improve my strumming. He always puts session notes, videos and audio clips on the YourGuitaracademy website just after our session and l find them helpful in planning my practice for the next session.
(Gon Almeida) - Posted 2 months ago
Very knowledgeable and encouraging. I love his level of enthusiasm and I invariably feel much better about my progress after a lesson. Would like it to be a bit more planned and structured, but that is just the way I personally work. I have found that supplementing the lessons with the online tutorials provides a good balance however.
(Jed Cutler) - Posted 2 months ago
I can study Guitar well . I love these courses !
Great guitar teacher, easy to understand and follow.
What a great place. I was not able to find a good teacher out here where i live and came across this school and they are fantastic.I have purchased some of there video courses too and i like how well done there videos are with the multi camera angles and tabs on screen it doesn't get any better then this place if you really want to learn.Cant recommend them enough .
(Gon Almeida) - Posted 4 months ago
My sons tutor is an amazing professional and a lovely patient tutor! We are very happy!
(Dave Golbraich) - Posted 4 months ago
Even in three short weeks Gon has given me a structure that has pulled together some of what I already knew and showed me how to use it, while showing me new licks and patterns. Best of all it's FUN! Practise is of course required but I approach practise willingly, keen to try out what Gon has shown me.
(Gon Almeida) - Posted 4 months ago
After years of no progress, I feel I made significant improvements in my guitar playing after just two months and seven lessons with Jarrod - despite only being able to do lessons over Skype. The notes and tab he provides after every lesson are a big help and motivation to practice.
(Jarrod Elks) - Posted 4 months ago
Pete is an amazing tutor, patient but sincere with all levels of experience in the instrument. would recommend highly to those who want to start learning or just want to get better at their craft.
(Peter Newberry) - Posted 4 months ago
Awesome website. After several years of private lessons, as an intermediate I couldn't find the right lessons on youtube. They either wen't too fast or slow, or I missed some theoretical framework backing up the songs. All of the YGA courses and lessons have taught me more in a couple of months than the last couple of years and I'm playing more than ever! Couldn't thank you guys enough, keep up the good work!
great lessons and tutors, all are well set up for players of all standards. a must visit site
They did very well with setting me up with the perfect teacher to help my ability grow, he helped me gain confidence in my guitar playing and inspired me to get better, practice and was very knowledgeable about the music he was teaching and knowing my capabilities
Fantasticly well thought-through online lessons. They've drastically improved my guitar abilities and I genuinely can't wait for the next times I get to sit down and practice with YGA!
Daniele is a great teacher. He keeps me engaged and provides Interactive lessons by sharing his knowledge and following my interests. He gives me tips to improve and explains theory and practice with good examples and experience! I am enjoying more than I ever though I would ....online! Thanks
(Daniele Ciaravolo) - Posted 6 months ago
YGA has provided me with really high quality materials to improve my guitar skills and musicianship. Since taking lessons I’ve learnt more each week than I used to in six months whilst teaching myself. My tutor Harrison is a real pleasure to work with and has a fantastic way of breaking things down when I’m struggling. I have much more motivation now that I see results every week.
(Harrison Blackamore) - Posted 7 months ago