Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Read Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Unit 3 Oakhurst Farm
Horam

Tell us how Your Guitar Academy made you happy
Dan is a legend. Great with my son and an inspirational musician.
Alex Barron is an intuitive, calm, supportive teacher, who has the expertise to set me tasks that are enjoyable but also challenge me. His advice is encouraging and I learn a huge amount during our weekly hour-long session. By the end of the first lesson I was playing a Stereophonics song. My ego was inflated beyond belief. I walked home with my guitar case on my back. People looked at me differently. I was now a musician. Subsequent lessons involved more guitar chords, Mnemonic Acronyms so that I could remember the order of the guitar strings EBG DAE, finger positioning; moving through more songs onto more difficult things like barre cords. Alex moves at my pace. He can instantly judge if I’m struggling with something and always finds an alternative solution so that I can learn and retain the information. My takeaway tasks involve, consolidating what I have learned and, also, a hint of what’s coming next. I really look forward to my lesson with Alex. He's a top talent and I look forward to receiving more tuition from the Jedi Master of guitar.
I've done 10 lessons with Alex, and the improvement is really satisfying, he's very knowledgeable and really great at understanding the things I'm struggling to do (even though he's like the best guitar player ever). He's genuinely a really lovely person, and is never too harsh when he's teaching.
My son enjoys his weekly guitar lessons. He has learnt a lot in the space of time since he joined. He is a very happy student. Thank you 😃
I have now completed 10 lessons with Toby and my technique and understanding of the guitar has certainly improved significantly. Toby is a knowledgeable professional and is therefore able to ensure that I understand what I am doing and that I can put it into practice. The lessons are very enjoyable and I am given assignments that are relevant and challenging. I certainly intend to book another 10 lessons to take me into 2020. Thank you Toby.
I am very satisfied with the course content, the teaching that Zak has provided has been excellent. He has been unfailing approachable and supportive. I enjoy the lessons.
Cannot speak highly enough of Evan at Guitar Academy. He is a great teacher, and a great guitarist. My 7 and 11 year old love the lessons with him, and he is doing a fantastic job. He keeps them interested and really shows a depth of knowledge about a subject that is obviously a passion. Thank you Evan, and Guitar Academy.
I have been training with YGA (learning Electric Guitar) since May 2019 and I am very satisfied with it. The course is designed very well and help me understand the basics. My instructor Rax Behéshti (Brighton) is an excellent teacher - very calm. I like the way the sessions are structured, giving time to recap what is learnt in previous sessions and learn something new in the current session. Rax always inspires students to practice the instrument and appreciates as well when you perform well. He is always open for discussions and answer any query I may have. This approach encourages me and I look forward to next lessons. I would thank YGA for the online backing tracks and practice materials available to students and would highly recommend to all who wish to pursue playing an instrument.
Excellent tutor. Uses the online material that is most relevant and is able to go off at a tangent to explore something in more detail. Very knowledgeable about music theory.
I have been taking lessons for a few months now with YGA and I’m very happy with it! I can see a great progression. The structure of the course is excellent. It’s really designed in a way to help you understand the instrument and to give you the tools to experiment by yourself too. My teacher Franco is very friendly, organised and fun at the same time. I can really feel he has great experience in teaching and I’m always looking forward to my next lesson!
Very good and enjoyable teaching experience
My son has been having lessons with Tom for a while now and he looks forward to them. Tom is a patient and enthusiastic teacher. He has encouraged my son to pursue his love and interest for music! I would highly recommend him!
I’ve always wanted to play guitar, so I re-strung an old guitar (to be left handed) and found the Guitar Academy online. My tutor Alex Barron (based in Brighton & Hove) is an extremely talented musician and helpful, patient teacher. Alex is really encouraging and has a real insight into playing. I really enjoy my weekly hour and I’m looking forward to our next 10 lessons together.
Playing Guitar been a dream ever since Rock n Roll invaded my life. When i decided to make a dream a reality i signed up in YGA and the experience is beyond my expectations. Harrison Blackmore was the assigned tutor. he was extremely patient with my amazingly slow progress :) he was supportive and knowledgeable in the field and the best thing is that he tries to pass the knowledge by coming down to my level so i can easily understand and improve. He is accessible even after session hours to give tips and share videos of how to master a riff or even a note. Thank you YGA for giving me the chance to make my dream a reality. Cheers and Rock on.
Having played the acoustic guitar for about seven months, I decided to switch to the electric. However, I quickly found the much heavier and different dimensions of the electric guitar quite difficult to get used to. I struggled for while with different postures and seating arrangements but just couldn't find a comfortable compromise. Finally, I contacted Dan and explained the issue I was having. Dan responded very quickly and asked me to send a few photos to help him to understand the problem more clearly. Again, he replied very quickly and offered several alternative solutions, all of which were very clear and simple to follow. I am now enjoying playing again without any discomfort. Thanks Dan.
I decided to take some lessons after many years of playing in order to see if it would improve my technique and help me understand the theory behind soloing, particularly in jazz. After ten lessons I can really feel (and hear) the progress I've made! My tutor, Rax, has indicated that the dizzy heights of grade 6 guitar my be within my capabilities so I've now also taken on the personal target of mastering some of the set texts needed to take the exam. I really appreciate the supportive manner that he brings to our sessions. I'm also really, really impressed by the range of online resources that are available. Online tutorials are really clear and definitely complement what I'm covering in lessons. Great to discover Tom Misch who I'd never heard of until the link to a lesson on one of his songs popped up in my e mail. I am now practising the guitar in order to improve rather than simply playing variations of things I already know.
This is the 1st course I’ve found that actually gives me all the ‘tools’ I need to learn. They have great videos and also receding tracks that you can practice with! Highly recommend, and if you have a question, they are quick with a response!
Controlling and constantly referring to online free resources. Tutor got my name wrong 3 times and the lesson was very basic. They won’t organise a trial with any other tutors and don’t care I’m unhappy. Avoid.
Hi James, I'm very sorry you feel this way. We always go above and beyond to make sure every student is as happy as possible. To my knowledge, you have already had 3 or 4 trial lessons with our tutors, and you were asking for another trial lesson with the same tutor you have already had a trial with. It is unfair to the tutor to take so many trial lessons as these are massively reduced fee's for the hour lesson, and our tutors are trying to make a living teaching the guitar. Once again very sorry you feel this way, I feel we have been as accommodating to your requests as we possibly can without asking too much from our tutors. I hope you understand and I apologise if you feel we couldn't help you as you like.
At the grand old age of 54, I've experienced a few guitar courses and had a few teachers. In my humble opinion I've reached the dizzy heights of being 'OK' as a guitarist. I've played in a couple of bands as lead guitarist so I can get by but I'm not a great player by any means. That's my background. Over the years I've found DVD and online guitar courses can be extremely variable in terms of quality and often quite disjointed. A couple of weeks ago was looking for a course on playing in the style of Carlos Santana. I can't play particularly fast so melody is very important to make solos work for me and in that regard, Santana is awesome. I found one that I bought from a major online company - it was awful! All it did was show me how to play a solo they'd made up note for note, with no explanation of scales, techniques or rationale. I then came across 'Your Guitar Academy' and there was exactly what I wanted free of charge. The video lessons are well structured, high quality and full of helpful explanations. In fact, the whole website is well structured and there are courses for all abilities. You really can learn an awful lot here without spending a penny. This is easily the best guitar tuition website I've ever found and I would recommend it to absolutely anyone. The service is friendly, prompt and helpful. Any gripes? Well, compared to me, Dan looks about 12 years old so it's annoying that he's so young and still such a great player compared to me but to be honest, he comes across so well on the video lessons that I can even forgive him for that!
Emma is an amazing teacher, just finished my tenth lesson, I’m 75 this year never played or even picked up a guitar before until this year, but since losing my wife I needed something to do, she has the patient of a saint and will continue having lessons with her
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.95 based on 362 reviews