Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

Tell us how Your Guitar Academy made you happy

Brendan
"My tutor Emma is my inspiration ,her tutoring is so easy going and practice lessons on line allow me to continue at home . Always look forward to my lesson."
Oscar
"The Guitar Academy work with really professional people. My 7 year old son who is also autistic really enjoys his lessons with Jorma. Jorma is very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging and knows how to keep him focused for the whole lesson making them engaging and relevant to him. He is always available to clarify question outside of lesson time and spends time with me as a parent to understand the homework for the week. The website is really helpful as all homework tasks are in one place and accessible from anywhere. The backing tracks and videos are also very helpful."
"The Free videos that relate to the course have been a massive aid to my 1 on 1 lessons and have given me a reason to stay with YGA. The new recording software my guitar instructor Graham Evans in Cardiff has found that allows him to slow down songs without a massive quality loss is a great help with practice. Besides the external things my teacher Graham Evans has been super patient, organised and considerate which to me is more important than skill, especially as a new player. The only complain I have is that my Instructors hardware can't seem to keep up with all of the resource intensive software he is using and sometimes crashes. Also his video recording software sometimes slows down / becomes impossible to use. To remedy this I would send someone out to collect the computer and refurbish it or replace the computers every year or so."
"I came across your YT videos and picked up my acoustic for the first time in years. For some reason, I found the theory lab fascinating and spent many hours there. I have since bought a new elecrtic. I learned chords and barre chords long ago but never understood how it all works. You are literally teaching me to play the guitar properly, as you Brits would say! :) Your teaching style, along with the format, the unbelievable video and camera angles, and the sheer scope of coverage is producing marked results in my playing. I found myself motivated at the prospect that I could indeed become a better player. And as you well know, nothing provides motivation like improvement. I invested in the course downloads and it is the best money I've ever spent. Those CAGED chords and the associated licks, overlaying the pentatonic shapes, along with the Hendrix-style fills are the real meat in the dish for me. This is right where I am in my development as a player (I have a LONG way to go!). I so appreciate the incredible work you guys are doing in bringing all this material to us in such an inspiring way. There is an absolute sea of instructional guitar videos on YT, but in all my searching none are even in the same league as YGA. I'm proud to be a part of it!! Cheers!"
"Zachary has loved learning to guitar from Kiall. Thank you for inspiring him to love music as well as learning a new skill."
"Mal is an excellent tutor, both friendly and professional. The courses are well structured and follow a logical progression with great flexibility, and cover a good balance of both playing and the more technical aspects of musical theory. In just 10 weeks my 13 year old son's gone from having a vague interest in playing guitar to learning two full songs, picking it up every day and looking forward to each week's lesson. 100% recommend."
"Learning with YGA has been an amazing experience so far (10 lessons in) and I’m definitely going to continue! Emma has been an awesome teacher and really helped me to progress. She is very patient and knowledgable and I would recommend her to anyone looking to learn."
"As a beginner I was hoping to learn quickly in my first 10 lessons and learn to play a song or two. My expectations have been exceeded ! The YGA tutor is extremely good, and has tailored the lessons to teach me the basics for a beginner and some playing skills that I was looking for - also three songs have been learnt and it has been fun. I can recommend YGA very strongly - a great, professional and fun way to learn."
"Lessons with Amy are great, we play, well she plays and I try to play music that I like and Amy is able to teach me. I feel I have improved a lot and regained enthusiasm to play."
"My guitar tutor Emma Reading is an inspiration to keep on wanting to practice and learn more. From the outset Emma has taught me at my pace and she answers my questions using practical examples inc a keyboard and or the guitar... and all in a simple easy to understand way. She is a credit to YGA."
"These guys are just amazing! They offer a HUGE selection of relatively short and to-the-point online video lessons for absolutely free. While I cannot imagine how this make sense (business-wise) I'm extremely thankful to have been fortunate enough to stumble onto their site."
"The best Guitar site on the internet that I have come across, and I have tried them all payed and free. This site is way ahead of the rest well structured and the instructors interact with you in a way that's fun and informative with lessons that are explained thoroughly. Keep up the good work guy's."
"Love my lessons with Zak - he is great"
"Niall is an amazing teacher . I’ve had a few teachers. Niall is pataint and clear . I will be continuing lesson with him"
"I have found learning much easier and fun because my teacher has been effective and efficient in developing great technique. The lessons are structured into manageable steps so that practicing does not feel like a burden. I do my lessons via Skype, meaning I can always find the time and flexibility to arrange classes, as long as I have my guitar. I've made more progress in a shorter space of time than in previous attempts to learn the guitar."
"At last a guitar tutor who can teach. If you don't want to just learn a few songs and you want to correct poor techniques you've learned online or in books and want to have, as part of your longterm goal, an understanding of the theory of what your playing, then this is for you. Simone is patient, understanding and encouraging. I just so wish i had started my journey here! (I also wish i had started my journey about 50 years ago!!) Although there's a huge free online resource at YGA the online one-to-one Skype lessons just add so much more to the experience. Don't get me wrong, there's no short cuts and you will have to put the effort in but within my first 10 lessons i can sense progress and have a sense of direction rather than floundering about on the internet. 5 stars"
"Joel has been nothing but kind and has really help me develop confidence. I started the programme with absolutely no experience and now I can play songs that I love, through the hobby I always wanted to have. The worksheets are easy to understand and I think the song choices are great. We’ve gone through the beginner course quickly as I’ve enjoyed it so much and I’ll definelty continue the lessons going forward, they are worth every penny."
"Not only has my daughter come on massively in the few months she has been having lessons with Matt. But she is loving going and loving her practise too. Totally recommend"
"Having one to one lessons with my tutor Joel has really helped me to get to grips with and improve my playing on my bass guitar. He helps me to understand the techniques needed to play and introduces them into songs that he knows I like so practicing them is fun for me."
"I enjoyed my lessons with Kjartan. I liked the way the lessons were structured. My only criticism is that I am learning bass and none of the online resources offered snything gor bass"
"Been learning for a couple of years, Mal took me back to basics and ensured my technique and understanding was correct. This was really helpful in practicing and learning. He's very adaptable to learning songs I love and helping me play them. The online supporting material and lesson assignments are great. Mal's a really nice guy and easy to get along with and really enjoying my lessons."
"My daughter Sophie started learning the guitar with the lovely Emma in May. As a complete beginner she is doing so well. Emma is great and Sophie loves going to her lessons"
"First lesson with Todd in NW3. Really brillliant"
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.95 based on 306 reviews