Your Guitar Academy Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

Tell us how Your Guitar Academy made you happy

Brendan
"My tutor Emma is my inspiration ,her tutoring is so easy going and practice lessons on line allow me to continue at home . Always look forward to my lesson."
Oscar
"The Guitar Academy work with really professional people. My 7 year old son who is also autistic really enjoys his lessons with Jorma. Jorma is very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging and knows how to keep him focused for the whole lesson making them engaging and relevant to him. He is always available to clarify question outside of lesson time and spends time with me as a parent to understand the homework for the week. The website is really helpful as all homework tasks are in one place and accessible from anywhere. The backing tracks and videos are also very helpful."
"The Free videos that relate to the course have been a massive aid to my 1 on 1 lessons and have given me a reason to stay with YGA. The new recording software my guitar instructor Graham Evans in Cardiff has found that allows him to slow down songs without a massive quality loss is a great help with practice. Besides the external things my teacher Graham Evans has been super patient, organised and considerate which to me is more important than skill, especially as a new player. The only complain I have is that my Instructors hardware can't seem to keep up with all of the resource intensive software he is using and sometimes crashes. Also his video recording software sometimes slows down / becomes impossible to use. To remedy this I would send someone out to collect the computer and refurbish it or replace the computers every year or so."
"This is the 1st course I’ve found that actually gives me all the ‘tools’ I need to learn. They have great videos and also receding tracks that you can practice with! Highly recommend, and if you have a question, they are quick with a response!"
"Controlling and constantly referring to online free resources. Tutor got my name wrong 3 times and the lesson was very basic. They won’t organise a trial with any other tutors and don’t care I’m unhappy. Avoid."
Hi James, I'm very sorry you feel this way. We always go above and beyond to make sure every student is as happy as possible. To my knowledge, you have already had 3 or 4 trial lessons with our tutors, and you were asking for another trial lesson with the same tutor you have already had a trial with. It is unfair to the tutor to take so many trial lessons as these are massively reduced fee's for the hour lesson, and our tutors are trying to make a living teaching the guitar. Once again very sorry you feel this way, I feel we have been as accommodating to your requests as we possibly can without asking too much from our tutors. I hope you understand and I apologise if you feel we couldn't help you as you like.
"At the grand old age of 54, I've experienced a few guitar courses and had a few teachers. In my humble opinion I've reached the dizzy heights of being 'OK' as a guitarist. I've played in a couple of bands as lead guitarist so I can get by but I'm not a great player by any means. That's my background. Over the years I've found DVD and online guitar courses can be extremely variable in terms of quality and often quite disjointed. A couple of weeks ago was looking for a course on playing in the style of Carlos Santana. I can't play particularly fast so melody is very important to make solos work for me and in that regard, Santana is awesome. I found one that I bought from a major online company - it was awful! All it did was show me how to play a solo they'd made up note for note, with no explanation of scales, techniques or rationale. I then came across 'Your Guitar Academy' and there was exactly what I wanted free of charge. The video lessons are well structured, high quality and full of helpful explanations. In fact, the whole website is well structured and there are courses for all abilities. You really can learn an awful lot here without spending a penny. This is easily the best guitar tuition website I've ever found and I would recommend it to absolutely anyone. The service is friendly, prompt and helpful. Any gripes? Well, compared to me, Dan looks about 12 years old so it's annoying that he's so young and still such a great player compared to me but to be honest, he comes across so well on the video lessons that I can even forgive him for that!"
"Emma is an amazing teacher, just finished my tenth lesson, I’m 75 this year never played or even picked up a guitar before until this year, but since losing my wife I needed something to do, she has the patient of a saint and will continue having lessons with her"
"I have had a great experience with Your Guitar Academy. Efficient communication with regards to lessons, great extras emailed to you every week, and the tutors are awesome! I've improved a great deal since beginning with Your Guitar Academy, and I'm confident it could help almost anyone improve."
"james is a fantastic teacher, very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging. I have had very good lessons and am making good progress. Would highly recommend to anyone"
"Lessons are great fun and we are learning loads while playing our favourite songs. We always look forward to the next lesson."
"Alex is very patient with my 7 years old daughter and engages her so well that she longs to always go for classes. I will recommend him to any one looking for a lesson within the area. Thank you."
"As a beginner I needed a lot of work and Tiziano had the extraordinary ability to focus on my weak points like timing by teaching me techniques in a fun and effortless way! I highly recommend Tiziano as he has the qualities of a disciplined tutor paired with a friendly approach to encourage practicing and improve your playing!"
"Our Guitar teacher, Jarrod Elks, is absolutely amazing with my 10-yr and 8-yr old sons who started lessons last Autumn. He is friendly, encouraging and has really been an enthusiastic supporter of the boys' learning. Also, always punctual and good with any communications. Really recommend him and YGA!"
"The lessons have been tailored to help expand my knowledge, technique and approach to the guitar. Thanks to the teacher's total understanding and ability to demonstrate different ways to get inside the music, it has changed the way I see the instrument."
"The video lessons are constructive and enjoyable. You can find songs and lessons for any genre and any playing style."
"Mal Toon, is very patient and encouraging, always trying things in different ways to get to the goal, great teacher, happy pupil."
"Bryn has been great!! I started from scratch, never played before. Bryn gives me confidence and encouragement that is needed and all the tools to play the guitar. Every lesson is enjoyable and engaging. Bryn is a great guy, very enthusiastic and always available. Thanks for all the great tuition so far!"
"Really good course. Dan tailored the lessons to ensure I could achieve what I set out to. In addition, I had a few specific songs I wanted to learn and Dan taught me these and, where the songs were advanced, created adapted versions. Dan was easy to get on with which really helped too. Would definitely recommend."
"Alex is Awesome. He always makes the lessons fun and interesting and appropriate to my needs or wants! He is very patient and not judgemental. He is supportive and encouraging and easy going. He challenges gently and when appropriate. Alex is amazing :)"
"Just completed my first ten lessons,with my brilliant,very patient fun tutor Jay.Nothings to much trouble for him,if i don't understand something or cant quite get it right,he will go over it slowly and patiently till i do.Iam 53 years old,and have always wanted to try and learn the guitar,and iam so glad ive started.Although i always knew i would be a slow learner with it,iam so enjoying learning and practising the guitar and i really look forward to my lessons.Glad i chose YGA and managed to get a great tutor and would highly recommend them to anyone of any age or ability that wants to learn guitar"
"I think I may have just found myself the perfect guitar tutor – Teodoro! I am thoroughly enjoying my lessons with him; he has such infectious enthusiasm and a personable demeanour. His expectations are both challenging and realistic that I feel I have improved significantly in a short space of time. I am always looking forward to our next lesson. Teodoro encourages the asking of questions and is very thorough in explaining things when I don’t understand. It is obvious to see that he has a deep knowledge and passion for his subject matter and puts a lot of effort and thought into each and every one of our lessons. Teodoro is an absolutely fantastic guitar tutor and I would recommend him to anyone."
"I've never ben so excited to start playing the guitsr by myself. I come from italy,I had a strong desire to start learning the guitar, and Teacher Dan helped me a lot, everyday thanks to this course I can practise my guitar and I really enjoy a lot doing it. Without Dan, without this course I would've been completely lost , without knowing how to start. I'm super excited right now, and most of the reason is yours guys!!"
"Rax has been so far a great teacher for my son Andrew. He had a previous private teacher for months and he was still at same level. It is great to see him improving weekly now and proud of showing off his skills. They also seem to have a very good relationship and Rax keeps him focused which is Andrew's main problem. Great experience with YGA so far!"
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.95 based on 346 reviews