Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 20th January 2018
Brendan
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 18th January 2018
Oscar
Great content, really! It's pragmatic, a tiny bit challenging but achievable and, above all, the songs and exercises and super engaging and cool which makes us just not bother too much with having to practice the same song for large amount of time.
Paul Chandler has been an exemplary guitar teacher to our daughter. She had covered so much in the short time that he had taught her, including getting her Grade 3 pass for Guitar. He has been extremely patient and encouraging with our daughter, pointing out in a gentle way, areas that needed improvement and practice. Paul was also extremely flexible with our ever changing schedule, and worked around it. We had to cancel our lessons with Paul as our daughter is now at boarding school (and is taking lessons at school), but she misses his teaching style so much that we are going to see if we can resume lessons with him on weekends and school holidays. We would highly recommend Paul and YGA.
(Paul Chandler) - Posted 3 weeks ago
I was attempting to learn guitar for over 6 months online by myself & was getting nowhere! I started with Rax & he taught me a lot of the fundementals I was missing from online. Rax is a chill guy & adjusts your learning to what songs you want to learn. If you're looking to start playing the guitar, I'd highly reccomend!
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 month ago
Before my mum found YGA I had no clue what I was doing and although I tried to learn from youtube I got to a point where I couldn't do more. I started lessons with Rax not too long ago and already see so much improvement. Rax is an amazing guitar teacher. I have learnt so much from him and over a few lessons he has already got me to start working towards my grade 2 exam.
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 month ago
I had 10 lessons with Rax and I learned so much and enjoyed every minute of the process. I probably learned more in those 10 or so weeks than I have done in the previous 10 years. His teaching style is so relaxed and everything he gave me was perfect for my level of playing at the time. He’s also a really nice guy. Will definitely go back when I get more time to play (new ish dad).
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 month ago
Being a 60plus beginner and left handed created some initial challenges as a lot of the your guitar academy collateral isn't suitable as it is designed for right handers. Rax has been brilliant from day one making sure he provides translated support , often making it himself. Rax has patience and makes the lessons challenging but thoroughly enjoyable. I am 6 weeks in and delighted with progress....... long may it continue. See picture of my 1st audience
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 month ago
I have been learning electric guitar with Rax Behéshti in Christchurch/Bournemouth. I can't recommend YGA or Rax enough - from never having picked up a guitar before, in just 7 weeks I'm playing riffs and scales, but more importantly, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Rax is an affable, patient tutor who is always full of encouragement. To say my lessons with him are the highlight of my week is an understatement!
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 month ago
I've been having lessons for over a year now online with Mark Shoebottom from Brighton. I enjoy all my lessons with Mark. He understands my learning needs and allows me to learn at my own pace, making sure that I understand what I've learnt before moving on. He is a very friendly, patient guy who teaches in a clear way and the lessons are fun and easy to follow. The lessons have been tailored to my needs and Mark has the expertise to identify how to correct any problems I'm having and what I need to work on most in order to progress. He makes sure that I know exactly what to practice and how to practice. In addition to that he also provides me with all the pdfs, tabs and guitar pro files that I need. Mark is a great teacher and there has been a huge improvement in my playing since I started having lessons with him. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
(Mark Shoebottom) - Posted 1 month ago
My teacher Mark in Brighton is an amazing guitar teacher, I've made progress I never thought was possible because of him. Since having lessons with him my soloing and general musicianship has come on leaps and bounds. I was recently able to play live to an audience with a couple of others - Mark was instrumental in helping me to achieve this and went out of his way to make it a success. He is knowledgable, patient and extremely talented.
(Mark Shoebottom) - Posted 1 month ago
In just short of 10 weeks I have seen a massive improvement in my understanding and playing ability. Daniele is very patient and encouraging and explains everything clearly through lessons that are both challenging and fun. Learning to play the guitar has become fun again.
(Daniele Ciaravolo) - Posted 1 month ago
To anyone thinking about learning or returning to playing guitar I would extremely highly recommend Your Guitar Academy. I've played guitar off and on all my life, usually with years of pauses because of life, about 3 years ago I broke my right wrist and had to have surgery in which they inserted a metal plate and 10 screws in my wrist. Working in China there is no rehab for this so I had to come up with some way to get my wrist semi-normal again. I had bought a used guitar from a store at the university I teach at and started "messing around" with it. Because of language difficulties its hard to find a guitar teacher who could speak English, and my Chinese is so so. So I was left to my own devices to come up with a program to relearn what I had forgotten and learn new things as well. So I did what most of us would do today.... I searched YouTube. YouTube can be useful for getting information, but not for learning guitar, in my opinion. Then I found one of Dan's videos on YouTube and started watching more. The structure and information was great, and as I university lecturer I know what a good lesson structure is. However, just watching the videos didn't cover everything for obvious reasons. I knew I needed more of the information that wasn't able to be discussed in a YouTube video, so I bought a couple of the courses. They are great!! Since starting these courses my playing skill has increased drastically, even to the point that I, with another foreign teacher and a Chinese music teacher have played live shows. The one other aspect of using this courseware is that they are willing to help you through any issues you have when downloading or unzipping the courseware. Again being in China does not allow easy access that I would have back home in America, so there were difficulties. When I emailed them Ollie responded with good information and helpful suggestions. I have emailed them with suggestions and questions so much that I consider Ollie not only a contact for problems but more like a friend helping another friend with a problem. These guys are good teachers, and that is hard to find nowadays, and they break everything down so anyone can understand. To tell you my faith and trust in these courses I will let you know that I am currently downloading 6 new courses to learn even more bring my total of courses to 28 courses. I have even bought a couple courses for my youngest daughter who is now starting to learn acoustic guitar. Guys... Good teachers and good resources for learning anything is hard to find, but here you have found it. So my advice to you is use the courses here to play like you always dreamed you would "someday" Someday is Today! Thanks. Hope to one day get to Britain and buy you guys a pint. :D P.S. sorry for such a long explanation, but there's a lot to cover. :)
Great experience with YGA. Great tutor too. It was very convenient to find a teacher nearby and all communications from YGA were quick and clear. Would definitely recommend!
(Dan Frangulea) - Posted 2 months ago
I am currently having Zoom lessons with Yuki Rufo, who has been fantastic so far. Most importantly, the lessons have been very flexible; I work quite long hours during the week, so we have managed to have Saturday lessons every few weeks to give me enough time to practice in between lessons. Yuki has really helped me develop as a guitarist and is particularly good on the theory side of things. I'm currently focusing on learning the basics of jazz guitar and hope to continue lessons for as long as I can.
I’m quite an anxious musician and student so to turn up at my lesson Saturday morning and to be told that guitar academy hadn’t set up my lesson with the tutor and provided the wrong address to me, which was a major disappointment P.s I’ve been spammed so much of your lessons via email and you couldn’t even set up a lesson correctly!
Hi Adam, this is Ollie from Your Guitar Academy. I'm so sorry for the experience you've had. This is absolutely not the service we want for students. I will look into this for you and update you privately as soon as I have any information.
Tris Gaskell is my YGA tutor and I have just completed my first block of ten lessons. I am a returning guitarist having played guitar in the past, not very well, with no tuition and with plenty of bad habits etc. Tris is an amazing tutor. He really know his stuff and understands where I am coming from. Having lessons gives me focus for my playing and of course makes me practice regularly. One thing I am now doing, which is something I haven't done before, is practice exercises. This is basic groundwork for playing and is good discipline. Tris makes good use of the YGA coursework worksheets, backing tracks and videos etc. After each lesson Tris sends me comprehensive lesson notes with the relevant coursework. In addition he sends me a detailed video covering the lesson, showing techniques, pieces of music we have covered, exercises etc. These are very helpful. In addition Tris sends notation/tab for various items. All this gives me a complete picture of what I should be doing and is everything I need for my practice at home. Tris makes full use of the eg internet technology to do the above and also during lessons to demonstrate or amplify a point. He is a really great guy who is a regular player in a band and has a love of music. I am very pleased with my progress and always look forward to the next lesson. I am playing music which I really enjoy. I am very lucky to have Tris as my tutor. If you live around Exeter and want lessons, he's your man. Right, now back to practice...
(Tristan Gaskell) - Posted 2 months ago
The lessons are outstanding and the materials provided superb. I have learned so much!!
(Daniele Ciaravolo) - Posted 2 months ago
I’ve been taking classes with Harrison for a little over a month now and I’ve been completely floored by the amount of progress I’ve made. Harrison crafts each class to your skill level with just the right balance of recap and challenges and he offers incredible write ups so that you know exactly what to work on between lessons. He’s a great communicator and goes above and beyond as a teacher, even offering free videos on WhatsApp to help you as you practice at home. The best thing I can say about Harrison is that his passion for music has reignited my love for playing onstruments Could not recommend a better guitar tutor!
(Harrison Blackamore) - Posted 2 months ago
I’m not a big writer of reviews but I had to leave one for the Acoustic Fingerstyle Level 1 course. It’s really great. To borrow from KFC (almost), “It’s fingerpickin’ good!” Thomas is a wonderful teacher and makes it all incredibly clear. I’m returning to the guitar after nearly 50 years away from it and this course has been just the right thing to encourage and motivate me to do better. Honestly can’t wait for the Level 2 course!
Hey Dan! Lars from Sweden here! Thank you so much for your email! You see I am a boy just close to 68 year young🤠. I must say that I really love your courses👍👍👍👍👍. I started to study classical guitar. The latest year I have played only Saxofon. When I discovered your courses I bought 2 new guitar and started over again. It has been many WOW factors and many "wake up calls". For examples this about CAGED chord, never heard about before🤔. At last: Anyone who is serious about guitar playing should check your site! Keep up your good working👍👍👍 All the best to you from Sweden  Yours Lars
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 8th September 2021
Hi My name’s Jim. I started playing the guitar about 30 years ago then stopped as I wasn’t making much progress and I got disheartened, so the guitar sat in its case on top of the wardrobe for years gathering dust and making me feel like a failure. Then I decided to give it another go. I did a search on the internet and found Your Guitar Academy. I tried following the beginners acoustic course and got on really well, so I gave some of the beginners electric courses a go. They are great. I can’t recommend Your Guitar Academy highly enough. The video tutorials are superb quality. They give you a fantastic view of the fretboard, the chord shapes and the picking hand. The tutors provide excellent clear explanations in an easy to understand, friendly way. What’s more – they give you real songs to practise your newly acquired skills to and you can slow them down to suit your own speed and gradually build up to the proper speed. The songs are all accompanied by a full band and a singer, making the whole experience realistic. I am now going on to intermediate courses – that’s progress for you!! I have also just completed the new beginners finger style 30 day course. Great! I feel like I can play the guitar now ( a bit anyway!) So, don’t hesitate: look at Your Guitar Academy and get your guitar playing experience under way today. Believe me, it will take over your life! I just love it. Thanks, Dan and team. My name’s Jim. I started palying the guitar about 30 years ago then stopped as I wasn’t making much progress and I got disheartened, so the guitar sat in its case on top of the wardrobe for years gathering dust and making me feel like a failure. Then I decided to give it another go. I did a search on the internet and found Your Guitar Academy. I tried following the beginners acoustic course and got on really well, so I gave some of the beginners electric courses a go. They are great. I can’t recommend Your Guitar Academy highly enough. The video tutorials are superb quality. They give you a fantastic view of the fretboard, the chord shapes and the picking hand. The tutors provide excellent clear explanations in an easy to understand, friendly way. What’s more – they give you real songs to practise your newly acquired skills to and you can slow them down to suit your own speed and gradually build up to the proper speed. The songs are all accompanied by a full band and a singer, making the whole experience realistic. I am now going on to intermediate courses – that’s progress for you!! I have also just completed the new beginners finger style 30 day course. Great! I feel like I can play the guitar now ( a bit anyway!) So, don’t hesitate: look at Your Guitar Academy and get your guitar playing experience under way today. Believe me, it will take over your life! I just love it. Thanks, Dan and team
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.94 based on 457 reviews