Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

How would you rate Your Guitar Academy?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Brendan
"My tutor Emma is my inspiration ,her tutoring is so easy going and practice lessons on line allow me to continue at home . Always look forward to my lesson."
Oscar
"The Guitar Academy work with really professional people. My 7 year old son who is also autistic really enjoys his lessons with Jorma. Jorma is very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging and knows how to keep him focused for the whole lesson making them engaging and relevant to him. He is always available to clarify question outside of lesson time and spends time with me as a parent to understand the homework for the week. The website is really helpful as all homework tasks are in one place and accessible from anywhere. The backing tracks and videos are also very helpful."
"The Free videos that relate to the course have been a massive aid to my 1 on 1 lessons and have given me a reason to stay with YGA. The new recording software my guitar instructor Graham Evans in Cardiff has found that allows him to slow down songs without a massive quality loss is a great help with practice. Besides the external things my teacher Graham Evans has been super patient, organised and considerate which to me is more important than skill, especially as a new player. The only complain I have is that my Instructors hardware can't seem to keep up with all of the resource intensive software he is using and sometimes crashes. Also his video recording software sometimes slows down / becomes impossible to use. To remedy this I would send someone out to collect the computer and refurbish it or replace the computers every year or so."
"leaning with matt is a pleasure, as he is well mannered and patient, and explains things and if i have difficulty he finds a way to help"
"Belle thoroughly enjoys guitar. It has boosted her confidence and creativity. With her performing in her school talent show and writing her own songs. Rax is a fantastic teacher with great enthusiasm, praise and patience. The website is great for practicing and allows us to review what she has already learnt too."
"My son thoroughly enjoys his guitar lessons and has a great tutor. It is great to have easy access to feedback and the progress that is made each week. Simon is great and even brings my son fruit if he misses it in class. First class lessons, have recommended to others. Many Thanks"
"Great teacher! Very patient, understanding and friendly"
"121 lessons are essential but the combination of the online lesson details and video etc helps enormously for when you return home and might just have forgotten that small element of the riff or chord etc. Jay is very personable and patient."
"He adapted perfectly to my preferred way of learning"
"From the minute we contacted Your Guitar Academy the experience has been first class. Our son was matched with a teacher who lives just around the corner and he was very accommodating of the time we needed to hold the lessons. Joel is a fantastic teacher, he is very patient and has a great way of explaining things. He gives lots of praise and encouragement to our son, who is so enthusiastic to learn because Joel is boosting his confidence. The website is excellent, with all of the coursework uploaded immediately after the lesson has finished, so we can use this to practice and listen to the audio tracks. We can see big improvements every single week and our son is really enjoying his experience, so a big thank you to Joel and Your Guitar Academy for teaching our boy a fantastic new skill"
"The teacher is so nice and we have great fun singing and playing the guitar"
"Very easy process to get it all set up in the first place, and since I've been with my tutor (Dewi) I've enjoyed every lesson, which is the main thing. Other than the simple enjoyment, Dewi is obviously very knowledgeable, patient and able to adapt the lesson to suit me. We've done a good balance of theory and practical playing and I feel confident I'm making steady progress."
"Great tutor, learning loads, enjoying every minute. Thank you."
"My daughter says “it’s magical”. She loves the lessons and it’s great having videos of tunes so I can help her practice from home."
"Amazing tutor. I've learned loads already. The online material is also very good and allows me to review the notes and practice between lessons with real backing tracks."
"Great teacher, good website"
"My teacher is not only very patient, flexible and friendly, but is a great motivator and makes the class enjoyable. He's also quite spontaneous, which keeps the class personal, and tries to include practice that is both motivating and challenging. I'm very happy with these classes :)"
"Opened up new avenues of learning to progress with. Introduction to theory."
"Found me a great tutor."
"Lessons don't stick to a regular time each week. Feels more like we have to fit our time around availability Also my daughter tells me tutor is sometimes on his phone during her lesson, when you pay for private tuition,you should receive undivided attention for that hour"
Hi there, I am very very sorry to hear that. We strive to make sure that all of the tutors are totally focused and committed to lessons, so it saddens me to hear this. I have your details and will be in touch to find out a little more so that we can improve this. Sory again, and speak soon.
"My guitar tutor has been fantastic! Leanne is extremely patient and very encouraging at the same time. She’s been great at explaining the basics and has also encouraged me to try more difficult things. I’ve had 10 lessons so far and I’ll be booking some more in the New Year!"
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.95 based on 252 reviews