Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

How would you rate Your Guitar Academy?

Verified Buyer

Always get something out of each lesson, with a busy life it’s sometimes difficult to practice as much as you should and you fell it’s not going so good but after the lesson you find that there has been. Really enjoy it.
Laura
Verified Buyer

My son started lessons with Kial in September and within 10 lessons he has progressed so much! He is now so much more interested as the method used definitely pays off.
I also love the fact that the lessons are also online, which means that you can always refer to them.
Excellent teacher!
Catherine
Verified Buyer

Since my son started with YGA, he has made great improvements. He is very enthusiastic as he relates to the piece of music he is learning . Although he is only 7 years old, he practices every day independently. His teacher is very understanding of his needs and always takes the time when I need to speak to him.
Jack
Verified Buyer

The Free videos that relate to the course have been a massive aid to my 1 on 1 lessons and have given me a reason to stay with YGA. The new recording software my guitar instructor Graham Evans in Cardiff has found that allows him to slow down songs without a massive quality loss is a great help with practice.

Besides the external things my teacher Graham Evans has been super patient, organised and considerate which to me is more important than skill, especially as a new player.

The only complain I have is that my Instructors hardware can't seem to keep up with all of the resource intensive software he is using and sometimes crashes. Also his video recording software sometimes slows down / becomes impossible to use. To remedy this I would send someone out to collect the computer and refurbish it or replace the computers every year or so.
Mika
Verified Buyer

We have a lovely teacher for our daughter. He is friendly, listens to what she wants to do and achieve and is very encouraging. She really enjoyes her lessons.
MB
Verified Reviewer

I have no musical talent, but Ollie and YGA have given me the skills to play things I never imagined possible. The system really makes sense and you actually enjoy putting in the hard work.
Graham
Verified Buyer

Bradley my tutor is always warm and welcoming, during the lesson he shows patience and encouragement and tailors the course to my skill level with and adding challenge as the weeks progress.
Anna
Verified Buyer

Ryan is a great teacher, I’m always looking forward to my next class
Ian
Unverified Reviewer

Our teacher (Dewi Griffiths) is great! He's always willing to accommodate any requests that we have to learn a specific piece of music and then links this back to the YGA lessons. I have a lesson with my son so that we are learning together which makes it really fun. Ioan (my son) won a his school Esiteddod with the help and guidance from Dewi. I'd highly recommend!
Tom
Verified Buyer

Franco is always well prepared for every lesson. He clearly takes teaching seriously and understands how I learn, when to challenge me and when to ease off it it is becoming too difficult. He explains things clearly and leaves space for exploring and answering my questions. Every lesson has been fun and challenging and left me with clear practices to take away with me. He’s also not too prescriptive - he encourages me to do my own thing and build upon what we have learned in the lesson.

Thanks Franco!

Tom
Verified Buyer

Bradley makes the lessons enjoyable and I really like learning the guitar
Meghna
Verified Buyer

My daughter Meghna (7 years) enjoys her lessons with Ryan. Ryan is an excellent teacher, keen on bringing out the best in her by constantly motivating, encouraging and challenging her. He is very welcoming to the songs she suggest and ensure something new is learnt in every lesson. I am happy with the progress she has made so far and would recommend YGA and Ryan . Cicily
Max
Verified Buyer

From day one, I have always found Ryan to be extremely helpful and thorough. He has always been flexible and worked around my tight schedule. He was always willing to assist and encouraged me by finding songs for me to learn from my era.
Vanessa
Verified Buyer

"I absolutely love my YGA lessons with Franco. Franco is a phenomenal and inspiring teacher. He creates a great relaxed atmosphere. He is always encouraging and makes everything so simple and easy to understand. In a short space of time I have learned so much and I'm playing with much more confidence. Thanks Franco!!!!"
Kenzo
Verified Buyer

Kial is an amazing teacher and we are glad that we have found him. He is patient but also is tailoring the courses to our son's interest making sure he is always engaged which is not easy with a 7 years old. The Guitar Academy method and website is also very good.
Rob Ashton
Verified Reviewer

I can’t overstate the difference working with Alex has made. I’ve tried several guitar teachers down the years but never made anything like the progress I’ve made with YGA. I’m playing stuff now that I could only dream of playing before.

Also loving Dan’s new online tutorials, which complement the 1-2-1 teaching perfectly. Great work guys.
Unverified Reviewer

Really personalized and pedagogical lessons
Graham Andree
Unverified Reviewer

The structured lessons have been great and have really surprised me as to how quickly I have picked up everything. Rax has been great as a tutor. He has a very relaxed approach and is very encouraging which makes every lesson enjoyable.
Ian
Verified Buyer

Emma is a great teacher, she tailors the lessons to what you want to learn an introduces new material steadily to keep it interesting. If you want to know some of the theory, she can cover that, and she can brush up your technique too. In addition she's really enthusiastic about her teaching and clearly enjoys it. Oh and friendly!
Trevor
Verified Buyer

I'm not sure I know what that means, they did not effect my emotions at all. I went to learn some lead guitar and that is what they are proving capable of. I'm delirious with joy'
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.97 based on 224 reviews