Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

How would you rate Your Guitar Academy ?

Brendan
"My tutor Emma is my inspiration ,her tutoring is so easy going and practice lessons on line allow me to continue at home . Always look forward to my lesson."
Oscar
"The Guitar Academy work with really professional people. My 7 year old son who is also autistic really enjoys his lessons with Jorma. Jorma is very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging and knows how to keep him focused for the whole lesson making them engaging and relevant to him. He is always available to clarify question outside of lesson time and spends time with me as a parent to understand the homework for the week. The website is really helpful as all homework tasks are in one place and accessible from anywhere. The backing tracks and videos are also very helpful."
"The Free videos that relate to the course have been a massive aid to my 1 on 1 lessons and have given me a reason to stay with YGA. The new recording software my guitar instructor Graham Evans in Cardiff has found that allows him to slow down songs without a massive quality loss is a great help with practice. Besides the external things my teacher Graham Evans has been super patient, organised and considerate which to me is more important than skill, especially as a new player. The only complain I have is that my Instructors hardware can't seem to keep up with all of the resource intensive software he is using and sometimes crashes. Also his video recording software sometimes slows down / becomes impossible to use. To remedy this I would send someone out to collect the computer and refurbish it or replace the computers every year or so."
"Joel has been nothing but kind and has really help me develop confidence. I started the programme with absolutely no experience and now I can play songs that I love, through the hobby I always wanted to have. The worksheets are easy to understand and I think the song choices are great. We’ve gone through the beginner course quickly as I’ve enjoyed it so much and I’ll definelty continue the lessons going forward, they are worth every penny."
"Not only has my daughter come on massively in the few months she has been having lessons with Matt. But she is loving going and loving her practise too. Totally recommend"
"Having one to one lessons with my tutor Joel has really helped me to get to grips with and improve my playing on my bass guitar. He helps me to understand the techniques needed to play and introduces them into songs that he knows I like so practicing them is fun for me."
"I enjoyed my lessons with Kjartan. I liked the way the lessons were structured. My only criticism is that I am learning bass and none of the online resources offered snything gor bass"
"Been learning for a couple of years, Mal took me back to basics and ensured my technique and understanding was correct. This was really helpful in practicing and learning. He's very adaptable to learning songs I love and helping me play them. The online supporting material and lesson assignments are great. Mal's a really nice guy and easy to get along with and really enjoying my lessons."
"My daughter Sophie started learning the guitar with the lovely Emma in May. As a complete beginner she is doing so well. Emma is great and Sophie loves going to her lessons"
"First lesson with Todd in NW3. Really brillliant"
"Zachary (aged now 9) has really enjoyed his first term of guitar lessons. Thank you Kiall for being an awesome teacher."
"I am having a great time learning to play the guitar. My tutor, Alex, is a great tutor, and I particularly like the relaxed approach which is tailored to my needs and based on learning through focus on particular songs and associated techniques."
"I started having lessons about 8 months ago with Rax through Your Guitar Academy. Having been playing for about 17 years, I had never had lessons and thought I would give it a try. The improvement in my playing in a short amount of time is amazing. I wish I had started lessons sooner. Rax is a great teacher and was able to pitch the lessons for my ability. The online content and support is also really useful. Highly recommend YGA to anyone."
"This website puts it all together. Great teachers that explain things well. Interactive diagrams are along side the videos that let you see exactly what the teachers fingers are showing you. There are tabs at for practice songs that you can adjust the speed on or even print out to take with you to practice away from the PC. Also they have great categories of lessons. Want to play like your favorite guitarist? Maybe you really want to nail down techniques Jimmy Page or Santana uses. There is a package of lessons right there to get you going. There is a growing list of guitarists to check out. There is no other guitar learning site out there that puts all these tools together like this."
"Really enjoying the lessons, pleasure being taught by Zak"
"After 10 lessons with my guitar teacher Evan Graham at Your Guitar Academy in Cardiff the only thing that I can say is that I am really satisfy!! Never a boring lesson and always something new to learn! Also the opportunity to tailor the course based on your experience and knowledge is plus to consider if you are looking for a guitar course! I strongly recommend Evan as teacher"
"Great teacher Matt works very hard to get things over to me the way i can understand"
"Very friendly teacher and related to my many years of playing a guitar badly. I have completed my first ten lessons and will be booking more."
"Extremely patient and kind to my son. Playing the guitar has improved my son’s self esteem and confidence."
"Since starting lessons my technique has improved with the help of my tutor Joel. His expertise, patience and enthusiasm keep me motivated to continue to improve."
"Mr franco my tutor is like guitar guru...helping me and guiding me too reach my goals ...I learn new songs and skills every week ...yga..is really good and sincere with their student...thanks yga"
"High quality of teaching, professional and friendly approach. Flexible and adaptable to our needs as a family."
"Really very easy to find a local teacher and the teachers knowledge is really very good, i booked the lessons for my 15 year old son and the teacher Owain really tries to connect with him and the music he likes. My son has gone from not knowing how to play at all to playing several tunes....he loves it"
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.95 based on 293 reviews