Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

How would you rate Your Guitar Academy?

Louise
Verified Buyer

I have loved my lessons with Leanne so far. She has been very clear and made the lessons fun. :)
Bill
Verified Buyer

I have really enjoyed my first 10 weeks ,I must admit it is harder than expected. But Tom is a very patient teacher and very encouraging.
I do feel I am making progress and do intend to continue with my lessons.
Jes
Verified Buyer

Tom knows his stuff and is a really nice guy too. In the introductory session he was quick to assess what level my playing was at and develop the lessons tailored to suit my specific goals which we discussed in detail at the outset. He has a friendly approach, but he is thorough and professional and the lessons are presented in a fun and non intimidating way. They are also challenging at the same time. He is ever mindful to push you outside of your comfort zone and build on what you already know to keep on developing. This applies to both the music theory and technique side of playing. This is exactly what you need if, like myself, you have become stuck in a rut and never really progressed after a number of years of playing on and off. I would recommend him to others without hesitation.
Luigie

he;s my guitar champ
Simon
Verified Buyer

Simone is an excellent teacher. In a short time he has really helped me to stabilise my technique. I play live a lot and Simone's teaching is really helping me to stabilise my playing and helping me become more confident with the pressure of live performance.
Barbour
Verified Buyer

Having only ever played the piano bit at school, I was basically a total musical beginner. Zak has got me to a point where I can play a lot of songs in a short time. I hope to continue and learn lots more! Love the lessons.
Eleanor
Verified Buyer

Franco is an absolute legend! The lessons are fun and Franco is able to keep me focused and on track and learning quickly. Best guitar teacher I have had ever!
Shana
Verified Buyer

My daughter and I have been having lessons with Gonsalo at YGA since the summer and they are so good. The course is amazing and the online tools really help. Mia loves the lessons and looks forward to them every week, as do I!
Vanessa
Verified Buyer

Jay’s lessons are great! I’ve been playing for a number of years now but had become stuck and wasn’t progressing. I decided to take some lessons to get myself back on track. He has been able to tailor the lessons to my needs, and really pushes me to improve.
Holly
Verified Buyer

I’ve just finished my first 10 lessons with Leanne and have enjoyed every one. She is patient, clear and genuinely enjoys what she does. I am a complete beginner but thanks to her guidance, I’m progressing fast! I would thoroughly recommend her lessons to anyone.
Phil
Verified Buyer

Your Guitar Academy is an easy way to learn to play the guitar. I recently started taking lessons with Emma in Birmingham. She is a very positive and patient instructor, who takes the time to explain, reassures and praises constantly. I enjoy attending the lessons and have already developed some ability to be able to play. Your Guitar Academy also has an online service, much of the content is free once using their instructors. The online material includes session notes, online content and additional content. Furthermore, the online section provides video tutorials that many other sites charge for on their own. I would recommend this service and intend to continue using them for a good while yet.
James
Verified Buyer

I can't recommend Kjartan and Your Guitar Academy enough. Firstly, the Your Guitar Academy set up and software is fantastic - the online lesson plans and videos that you can access any time to practice are excellent, really useful and easy to follow. Secondly, the tutor Kjartan is everything you want for a tutor teaching a beginner - he's patient, polite, and keeps interest up constantly by mixing up learning modern pop songs, rock standards and a bit of classical. Mia loves her lessons and looks forward to them every week - 6 months in and she still loves the guitar.
Snezana
Verified Buyer

Pete is an amazing teacher! Thank you!
Ross
Verified Buyer

Over the years I've gone through quite a few guitar instructors but never really managed to get to a level I was happy with, not did I ever find someone who really had a teaching style that I could really engage with. That stopped the day I had my first lesson from Dan at Your Guitar Academy. Since then I've had many lessons with Dan and my guitar playing has come so far! Not only do I now call my self a decent guitarist, with some guidance from Dan I've bought some pretty cool kit and now have my own band and gig regularly. The lessons with Dan feel more like hanging out with a friend, his method is to always listen to what I want to achieve and I find he goes out of his way to ensure that the skills I learn are something I can continue to practice even outside our lessons. I would recommend anyone to choose Your Guitar Academy if you are learning for the first time or building on existing skills (as I was) and I've since recommend him to friends. Cheers Dan for all your help and I'll see you next week!
Victory
Verified Buyer

Fantastic teacher! So encouraging, professional and helpful.
Erika
Verified Buyer

The class was very good. First of all, he is very good at teaching how to play the guitar but also his great knowledge of music theory. It was easy to understand notes and reading scores. I could understand quickly various pieces and songs. Moreover, I could apply my learnings on to other pieces when practicing on my own. With his conducting background I even learn about chord and history of music.

Secondly, he taught me the basics of posture and playing the guitar. Sometimes I missed or forgot to play with basic posture and correct pitch but he always reminded me how important it is to keep basic elements. He has lots of experience: he played internationally so he shared his experience with me such as music sessions in Iraq, India and Argentina. And that motivated me a lot to practice the guitar even more.
At last I can say that his open-minded, friendly and kind personality build a great basis to study the guitar. Together with his professional attitude and know-how, comfortable and joyful time are always guranteed. I can fully recommend Ignacio.
Peter
Verified Buyer

I'm very happy with my weekly lessons with Franco, He's always very helpful, and I can see my progress from a lesson to another !

He's an amazing musician, friendly and always very patient with me.

Would recommend !
Grace
Verified Buyer

My daughter loves her lessons with Ollie. She has progressed really quickly with her playing and I never have to remind her to practice, she does it by herself! I can see her progress by using the online system anytime. I highly recommend this teacher and his company.
Owen
Verified Buyer

Your Guitar Academy and in particular my tutor Will is really great. I'd never Played guitar before but Will helped me to choose a guitar for myself and then having the course to work through is brilliant. Everything seems really well paced and I was able to play whole songs much sooner than I thought I would!
Oscar
Verified Buyer

I'm really enjoying my lessons with Kjartan. I already knew how to play a bit (been playing in bands for years!) when I went to him. He's now really helping me to fill in the gaps in what I know, and the theory stuff is really helping too. I feel like I'm really improving as a player.
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.97 based on 231 reviews