Your Guitar Academy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy
Read Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Unit 3 Oakhurst FarmHoram

Tell us how Your Guitar Academy made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Best online program I've ever found (I've spent years looking). Lessons are clear, concise, and well structured, and directly applicable. I can't believe they offer so much quality content for free. I'll be happy to pay for the privates when the time comes.
My Son has lessons with Jarrod and had made fantastic progress. He is a brilliant teacher.
Simon is a fantastic teacher and a lovely guy. We've done a good combination of music theory and learning my favourite songs. I've really enjoyed the lessons so far!
Guitar academy has been excellent since my girls started a few years ago , first with Oli and now with Jerrod. The fact that they are learning music properly is fantastic . Once your child starts to feel more confident , they will want to play more and more. I really recommend Jerrod if you are looking for a great guitar teacher !
Jarrod has helped me to learn chords , notes and a variety of songs. He always goes over the songs until I know how to do it well. By learning music , I was able to compose a small piece of blues to play at my school talent show . Thank you Marta Slyfield (11 years old)
The best site to learn guitar! Honestly!, very well structured lessons with hd videos, backing tracks, documentation and very useful online tools. I am learning very fast and I enjoy every single lesson. Online lessons are all free but I would recommend to get the downloadable offline lessons because the price is very reasonable and it's 100% worth it. This guys deserve some reward for all the hard work they have put in this great academy. Congratulations!!
I can’t recommend Franco Lacan enough.His calm, thoughtful and patient approach to teaching helped me greatly improve my technique,musical knowledge and skill on the Guitar.As a relative beginner he not only made learning fun but also greatly improved my confidence to play.If your with Franco,your in good hands and will only improve.Keep up the good work
(Franco Lacan) - Posted 1 year ago
Always wanted to learn but haven't got very far on my own. Evan (Cardiff) is a fantastic teacher and i'm very glad I'm now making progress on my guitar skills!
If your thinking about learning the guitar and hesitating don’t!! Getting in touch with your guitar academy was easy. All it took was a quick email and my first lesson was booked . Now I’m hooked lessons are fun and my tutor Bryn (high wycombe) is such a great guy to learn from .
John is an amazing guitar teacher and he really cares about your progress so that you want to improve each week. Fully recommend John and Guitar Academy.
Fantastic lessons for nothing! Can't really go wrong with these guys.
I came across your YT videos and picked up my acoustic for the first time in years. For some reason, I found the theory lab fascinating and spent many hours there. I have since bought a new elecrtic. I learned chords and barre chords long ago but never understood how it all works. You are literally teaching me to play the guitar properly, as you Brits would say! :) Your teaching style, along with the format, the unbelievable video and camera angles, and the sheer scope of coverage is producing marked results in my playing. I found myself motivated at the prospect that I could indeed become a better player. And as you well know, nothing provides motivation like improvement. I invested in the course downloads and it is the best money I've ever spent. Those CAGED chords and the associated licks, overlaying the pentatonic shapes, along with the Hendrix-style fills are the real meat in the dish for me. This is right where I am in my development as a player (I have a LONG way to go!). I so appreciate the incredible work you guys are doing in bringing all this material to us in such an inspiring way. There is an absolute sea of instructional guitar videos on YT, but in all my searching none are even in the same league as YGA. I'm proud to be a part of it!! Cheers!
Zachary has loved learning to guitar from Kiall. Thank you for inspiring him to love music as well as learning a new skill.
(Kiall Freeman) - Posted 1 year ago
Mal is an excellent tutor, both friendly and professional. The courses are well structured and follow a logical progression with great flexibility, and cover a good balance of both playing and the more technical aspects of musical theory. In just 10 weeks my 13 year old son's gone from having a vague interest in playing guitar to learning two full songs, picking it up every day and looking forward to each week's lesson. 100% recommend.
(Mal Troon) - Posted 1 year ago
Learning with YGA has been an amazing experience so far (10 lessons in) and I’m definitely going to continue! Emma has been an awesome teacher and really helped me to progress. She is very patient and knowledgable and I would recommend her to anyone looking to learn.
(Emma Reading) - Posted 1 year ago
As a beginner I was hoping to learn quickly in my first 10 lessons and learn to play a song or two. My expectations have been exceeded ! The YGA tutor is extremely good, and has tailored the lessons to teach me the basics for a beginner and some playing skills that I was looking for - also three songs have been learnt and it has been fun. I can recommend YGA very strongly - a great, professional and fun way to learn.
(Tim Boyce) - Posted 1 year ago
Lessons with Amy are great, we play, well she plays and I try to play music that I like and Amy is able to teach me. I feel I have improved a lot and regained enthusiasm to play.
(Amy Sergeant) - Posted 1 year ago
My guitar tutor Emma Reading is an inspiration to keep on wanting to practice and learn more. From the outset Emma has taught me at my pace and she answers my questions using practical examples inc a keyboard and or the guitar... and all in a simple easy to understand way. She is a credit to YGA.
(Emma Reading) - Posted 1 year ago
These guys are just amazing! They offer a HUGE selection of relatively short and to-the-point online video lessons for absolutely free. While I cannot imagine how this make sense (business-wise) I'm extremely thankful to have been fortunate enough to stumble onto their site.
The best Guitar site on the internet that I have come across, and I have tried them all payed and free. This site is way ahead of the rest well structured and the instructors interact with you in a way that's fun and informative with lessons that are explained thoroughly. Keep up the good work guy's.
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.95 based on 377 reviews