Croft Living Reviews

of reviewers recommend Croft Living
Read Croft Living Reviews

About Croft Living:

Croft short let apartments provide a no-nonsense rental solution where costs are transparent and the lease terms are flexible.

We understand that not all renters want a long-term home. Sometimes people just want somewhere to live for a month or two without compromising on size, quality or location and without the hassle of furnishing an apartment or setting up utilities for such a limited time.

We have an approachable, professional team with over 10 years’ experience in property and we are confident that what we offer is the best option for short-term renters in London who want simplicity without being forced to pay for services that they don’t need.

lettings@croftliving.co.uk

Croft - HQ
22 Stokes Croft
Bristol
BS1 3PR

Tell us how Croft Living made you happy
My stay at Leo Yard more than met my expectations. The layout was spacious, in excellent condition and ideally located within the city. It was a peaceful retreat with a lovely outlook while right in the midst of a busy environment.
Hi Barbara, I'm so glad you had a great experience in our Leo Yard apartments. Thanks for leaving such a great review and we hope to see you again in the future. Best wishes, Ben
I stayed with Croft Living in Belgravia for 6 weeks in July/August 2020. The apartment was reasonably priced, spacious and centrally located. Check-in was efficient, even during covid. Very responsive service by email in advance although 2 days before arrival i found out that linen wasn't provided. Luckily for a fee - they would provide sheets, not towels. Wish I had known that a bit sooner as we were moving from Australia to London and that gave almost no time to buy towels in advance.

There were a few issues though so I don't think I would recommend them. First - mail security. You can get mail there but mail disappears. I did complain but management told me they are only responsible for inside the apartment, not the building. They said to complain to Royal Mail but as Royal Mail showed our items delivered, they were of no help. Other tenants also had mail disappear so there's obviously a security issue. I asked to see the CCTV and was told it wasn't working. If mail can't be secure inside a locked building, then I really worry about my personal safety and don't buy Croft's opinion that they are only responsible for inside the actual apartment.

Other security issues - some very sketchy tenants in the building. Got up to run at 5am and saw a tenant coming home that day covered in blood. Next morning, going for a run at 5am, saw him moving out. Next thing you know - a lot of cops come into the building looking for someone. Makes you not feel too secure...

Water pressure - the worst I have ever had in my decade of living in London. It was a trickle, at best. Croft did bring a new shower head but barely made an improvement. Impossible to wash long hair. I asked about it and was told that it's just London. Actually, no it's not. Lived here long enough. Buy a water pump that works and create pressure like most.

Old furniture - couches and chairs were ripped and stained; carpet coming up in places; needs a paint job.

Windows - all have child locks on them so barely open which means when it's 30 degrees, no air movement. Whilst all the windows let in fabulous light - it's stifling in a summer heatwave. We had to buy additional fans as the ones provided barely provide any movement of air.

Garbage - got locked out once as someone changed the codes to the gates and never told residents. Luckily my partner was able to climb and jump over the fence to let me in.

Overall, the apartment was k but i wouldn't rent through this company - too much 'we are only responsible for inside the apartment' and not enough concern for tenant safety or property.
Dear Wendi,

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry if you feel that you had a negative experience while staying with us.

With our unserviced bookings, we unfortunately do not offer linen as part of this rate. No linen is outlined on the booking form, signed by guests at point of booking and on your pre-arrival call.

I’m sorry that you did not receive your package from Royal Mail, I hope they can reimburse you for your parcel as this was not signed for as they stated.

We take all security issues very seriously and all our buildings are vetted. The CCTV was not working due to an internet outage out of our control, we reported this and CCTV was restored. We followed up with the police regarding why they were in the building however they would not disclose us any information. We’ve never had an issue with other tenants or with the police in this building, so I’m sorry if this situation made you feel not secure.

The apartment you are referring requires safety locks on the windows and is due for refurbishment. We are hoping to get this apartment updated as soon as we can.

I hope we can try and provide you with a more positive experience in the future and we will take all your feedback onboard regarding this apartment.

Kind regards,
Magda
Head of Operations
Our stay at Croft Living was perfect from the beginning to the end. At first, we hesitated because we could not visit the apartment due to COVID. However, thanks to Ben, all our enquiries were answered timely and the paperwork was done within less than a week.

Upon arrival, everything was spotless and functioned properly. Whenever we needed support, all the teams that we contacted including accounting, maintenance and sales responded quickly and professionally.

Our apartment itself was new and modern, situated in a good area. With all charges included and all equipments provided, we thought that it was fairly priced. Overall, the entire stay was pleasant. Given our complete confidence in Croft Living, we would come back and recommend to a friend.
Hi Christophe,

Wow, what a wonderful review! I'm so glad Ben and the rest of the team were able to get everything organised for you and make you feel comfortable with your booking. We're committed to providing high levels of cleanliness so it's great to hear you found everything spotless!

We really do hope to see you again.
Joanna
Good and attentive service
Hi,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you received great service from the team. If there's anything we can do in the future to help improve your stay please do let us know!

Best wishes, Ben
Brilliant service. The apartment we stayed in was spotless when we arrived and had everything we needed for a 3 month stay. All of the staff were very accommodating and quick to respond. Would recommend.
Hi Sam,
Thanks for your great review! We pride ourselves on fantastic customer service, so I'm happy you had a great experience with the team.

I'm glad we could provide you with everything you needed and hopefully, we get to see you again in the future.

All 5 stars!
Hi Andre,
Thanks for the 5 Stars!

Best wishes, Ben
Fantastic service with an incredibly responsive team. Highly recommend!
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the fantastic review and I'm so glad you had a great customer experience with our team!

Best wishes, Ben
I needed a place to stay as I was in the middle of buying a flat and needed a temporary solution. The flat was clean and tidy and perfectly utilitarian. The location was excellent. This was during covid lockdown so they were unable to provide their regular cleaning services, so giving a break that the windows were quite filthy during my stay. They were very responsive whenever something was needed. The WiFi is not great if you plan on working from home. It the basic level of wifi from BT, which cut out frequently. They provided a separate router but it didn't do much to help. Overall if I needed a short term let I would definitely stay here again.
Very comfortable accommodation at great prices for the central locations of the apartments.
Hi Mark, thank you for leaving such a great review!

Best wishes, Ben
Our experience with Croft was great! We needed a place to stay for up to 6 weeks with 2 days notice. It was less than 24 hours between finding a place online and moving into it. The guys at Croft made it as painless as possible to move in, all bills and internet sorted and ready with no hassle.

I couldn't recommend them higher.
Hi Adam,

Thank you for leaving such a great review and for the recommendation. I'm so glad we could help you out last minute! Hopefully, we get to see you again.

Ben
Their apartments are really nice but after talking to them, glad I didn't go with them in the end. They got frustrated because I had asked genuine questions about the place and even more frustrated because I wasn't ready to put down money without viewing the place... felt a bit scammy to me.
We're sorry you feel you had a negative experience with us. Unfortunately, we cannot carry out viewings at this time due to Covid-19 Government Regulations, particularly when are properties are occupied by guests. The safety of our team, guests and you are of the highest priority at the moment. We understand not being able to view an apartment is frustrating, however, as an alternative, we are currently offering video tours and in certain cases 'live' viewings.

Magda
Head of Operations
Clean, efficient and economical apartment in great location
(69) -
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for leaving us a great review, we really appreciate your feedback! Hopefully we get to see you again.

Ben
Hi there - the process was made very easy and quick as were the instructions and flat handover. Thank you. It was one of the more transactional and cold services i've come across with the team on the phone. Portland Brown were great in comparison. Perhaps a call once i was in the property or some pleasantries would have meant i'd happily recommend it to the work team or friends. Will
(31) -
Hi Will,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad everything went smoothly and I'm so sorry that you were disappointed with your contact with the team. We will definitely take on your feedback and hopefully get to see you again in the future.

Olivia
Great apartment and very good service.
Hi Margarita,

Thank you for the fantastic 5* review! We hope to see you again!

Ben
The stay was solid. The only thing that was a bit off was no mention of lack of linen and the drapery facing the hotel was either black out (no sunlight) or let the sun in and show the world everything inside the apartment. The couch was incredibly small but this could be something I'm not used to and the doors on every room in the house including kitchen where you have to close the door to access the fridge was a bit tiring.

It was a solid stay but I would probably only return to that property if I'm left with no other comparably priced options.
(69) -
The flat was warm and snuggly and contained everything we needed for our stay. The furnishings were smart and in great condition and every thing worked perfectly. Commercial Road is a sensational location, handy for lots of transport and surrounded by very bustling city life. It is a walk away from literally hundreds of restaurants and bars, things to do and places to see.
(56) -
Hi Caroline,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Ben
Very professional, responsive and as expected.
(36) -
Hi Alexandros,

Thank you for your positive review, I hope to see you again in the future!

Warm regards,
Ben
Amenities and location were perfect for my needs. Croft Living was the epitome of customer service, care, and conscientiousness and provided all sort of support regarding my stay there. No need for lengthy, complicated arrangements which made my stay very enjoyable and relaxing. I’d definitely use their service again.
Thank you for the glowing feedback!

I'm thrilled you had such a fantastic stay with us and received great customer service.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Ben
Great service & apartment was lovely. Only trouble was the deposit & payment had to be done through bank transfer and the room cleaning could not be made through an adhoc service.
Hi Christina,

Thank you for your feedback, we've taken this on board.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future!

Ben
I was delighted by my stay. The flat was spotless and amenities were amazing. Short walk to the station.
Thank you for the fantastic review and I'm glad you liked the apartment!

I hope to see you again in the future.

Croft Living is rated 4.36 based on 22 reviews