Bell Group Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bell Group
Read Bell Group Reviews

About Bell Group:

Whilst we are considered a market leader, our Group remains a family owned and operated company; George Bell, our Chairman and Founder, set up his own commercial painting and decorating company in April 1984 – Collins and Bell Ltd – operating throughout the central belt of Scotland. Since that time the Group has grown through acquisitions as well as organically; this has resulted in developing a strong network of services, which have been designed to integrate on a national, regional and local basis. Our key strength as a business is our team which we have developed over the years; this is partly thanks to the comprehensive training programme put in place for all employees and our commitment to respecting individuals.

Tell us how Bell Group made you happy
Twice arranged a visit , twice no shows! No notice of cancellation, in this day and age? I stayed home for these idiots! As an original reviewer, I had said when I called the office , they couldn't have cared less, probably doing their nails, did they get the job because they're part of the family??! Brandon E, is the lacklustre star of the no show. This is for the guy who when I reviewed last time (deleted it due to my error on dates) questioned me which Brandon it was, this was before the second no show??(you would have thought he would have told Brandon Em , but obviously not 🤷🏻‍♂️. Never use these monkeys, avoid at all costs. Lack of communication!!! One star because you can't leave no stars.
Don't bother bringing this company near my property you have bad reviews I might be renting my property from a housing association but doesn't mean I don't have tenants rights. Stay in Scotland and leave the Midlands Alone.
Getting dragged down by Queen’s Cross Housing Association and it’s factor company Queen’s Cross Factoring. I and neighbours been suffering structural damp years and they turn up plugging an upstanding with mastic! Entire deck wants lifting sealed and insulation installed before the rebar in the deck wall rots (hasn’t already). When bodger at QCHA or QCF does call just say no and maybe something be done. Decades of misery those live below a deck access must stop.
To say i’m disgusted is an understatement. On my travels today i come across a great bunch of your men working away. They were extremely outgoing and polite. I questioned why they was working on a public holiday. I then find out that this company decided not to honour the QUEENS JUBILEE for their staff. I then notice a royal badge on all the vans stating BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN! I’m absolutely gobsmacked and it’s really caused me stress throughout the day thinking of it. I’m Scottish as is this company. I’ve served her majesty all over the world during my long career in the Scots Guards. This stinks of internal greed!!! They don’t deserve to have those stickers and should be publicly shamed. Regards Malcolm
Absolute nightmare from start to finish! Trespassing on our property without permission, causing significant damage to enter a property where they were doing work. Absolute diabolical customer service, over a period of six months of phone calls, the regional manager called me once. No one else returned my calls. The quality of the materials were good but the workmanship required attention, putting in fences upside-down!!! Such was the customer service and lengthy time to get a simple job done my husband will correct. Just too stressful, so please avoid!
Avoid make your life hell damage and get marks and stains on your furnishings never tell you when there coming if they do then the don't turn up they should Not be allowed to work with vulnerable people or people with mental health and anxiety this went on and on for 9 months still not complete some stuff faulty or broke already these almost cost me a breakdown total kaos my landlord also gave me no choice at all in using this awful company
Bell Group Carlisle were contracted by our landlords so we had no choice. If you want decorators who get paint on your curtains, carpets, laminate flooring, bathroom sink, taps and tiles, dont paint what you agree they will, use your dyson to clean up then leave it jammed and covered in paint, manage to get paint on your outside garden furniture and leave their lunch rubbish lying around then this is the company for you. Never again.
Extremely poor communication, work and unprofessional. They started the job without giving me a date. They started the job with only person working. They didn't protect my property with the recent storm even though I prompted them to do so. This led to damage to my loft and central heating, stress and loss of earnings as I had to stay home to monitor my roof. They started the job without the materials, so there was a week where no work occurred. They started the job with nowhere to put the rubbish so it was scattered across the scaffolding for weeks and all over the floor. When the storm hit this blow everywhere and was a safety issue. Overral I would not recommend this company at all.in any capacity.
Please could you send someone bk to the job I still haven't had no reasonable explanation why I'm still getting wood chipping in my new kitchen cupboards all over clean plates, plans etc what's the point in washing them twice I'm unhappy and have been all through the horrendous 6 months you put me through getting this damn kitchen and the cracks are still appearing in dodgy work and don't get me started on the bathroom your due to do Monday and I can tell you my landlord are forcing me to use this horrible company and give me no alternative either have these liars and poor workmanship or keep my 30year old rotting bathroom St anne's for you and Bell group mental breakdown on route
They are the contractors working on my flat. They are extremely noisy, shouting as well as unnecessary noise. Even on weekends. Saturday they should stop before 1pm which they do not. Hats off for commitment but some of us work for Monday-Friday which they do not.
Had a lady call to book in a repair with me. Hannah she said her name was, very rude,, lied, got angry and confrontational when she "claimed" she had called and left voicemails. waited in time and time again. absolute joke
Avoid this company at all costs left our kitchens half done never turn up they never tell the truth total disrespect for vaunrable people still loads of kitchens still not finished they have zero management skills don't even communicate with each other don't be fooled by these people it has caused so much stress it's definitely not worth it and my first ever new kitchen has left me with awful memories
Afternoon Millie, Could you please get in contact with us directly so we can escalate further and look into this for you. Bell Group
Not even worth one star full of false appointments 3 times made a appointments and your company did not show I've even spoken to the so called supervisor and he said they would be out and didn't show also workmanship is very poor wouldn't recommend this company to enyone I will be contacting bristol city council about this company as not finished work in this area
Started my apprenticeship here, thank god I found a new company to work for. If you consider an apprenticeship don’t do it with bell trust me!
Ruined my Windows scratched by removing paint with sand paper
Bell Group cannot hang Anaglypta wallpaper. Our communal hallways in our private retirement apartment block in the Cotswolds is a disgrace. We have had wallpaper hanging off the wall since last November 2020. Tried to contact Bell Group as we are paying customers on several occasions but no joy. They will not give out business email addresses to you so you cannot raise complaints and send photos to them of their shoddy work. They say someone will contact you and they don't get back to you. In our experience they do not live up to their website claims of giving excellent customer service - just warm words. Also, our high use doors and skirting boards have been painted in satin finish paint and not gloss and are beginning to mark and need painting again - only painted last August 2020. All the flat owners want is for Bell Group to employ competent decorators who can come and finish the job in our communal areas - it should not be that difficult to hang wallpaper particularly for a so called professional company. (The option to put photos up on this review site seems to have not been chosen by Bell Group otherwise I would have included some).
Hi Kathy, we are disappointed to hear of your experience. Our branch contact details including emails are available on our website however Gareth from our team will be in touch via the email address you supplied to get all of the details so that we can fully investigate. Kind Regards George
We had contractors start work just before Christmas (for bcc),we are still waiting for lee to come back, to gloss back door frame and paint our chimney stack, was meant to be finished 6 weeks ago, please explain why we are still waiting and why p and h scaffolders came last week and said that tewther rd had been finished.
On the project you are currently working on for us at Carver Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham despite numerous calls and emails from the site manager you are falling behind with the programme of works and ultimately delaying handover of the project due next Friday 30th April. For future works we will have to seriously consider retaining Bell Group on or approved supply chain list
(Birmingham) -
Many thanks for your feedback Dean. We have investigated and believe our branch manager Arran has been in touch to explain the reasons behind this and the action plans in place.
Never again! Their tendered price was 30% lower than everybody else. They spent the duration of the contract trying to cut corners (no undercoat, 1ct to ceilings etc) to try and re-coup their losses. Beware!
We had no choice but to use the Bell Group as our freeholder had them as a preferred supplier, however I know that we were not the only case of poor workmanship in the London area and they are no longer being used. There were problems from day 1. The surfaces were not prep'ed. This is essential for paint adhering particularly in urban areas. Then when the job did start, workpeople turned up for a max. couple of hours each day. The workmanship was appalling, over painting historic features and over painting the glazing on the windows. At one point we came back to a kicked over paint pot on the pavement with it also splattered on the house wall where it had obviously fell from a height. I raised my concerns with the foreman immediately and was palmed off with comments like " we really don't want to be here. We have a house we are working on in Muswell Hill!" as well as being very aggressive and confrontational. In the end they got 4 people on the job (including 2 apprentices) and completed it in 3 days at a cost of £10K! They also spent 1 day scrapping all the paint off the glazing. To add insult to injury, when they removed the scaffolding, they broke a tile and water leaked into my kitchen. Within months, the paintwork started to bubble and flake. We got an independent survey done who confirmed that the work was substandard. We appealed to our Freeholder and got our money back into the sinking fund eventually, but that was only when there had been investigations and it transpired we were not alone. There were several properties which Bell had worked on in the London area which had substandard decoration. 1 year and a half later the work is still evidently bad with overpainted historic features which will never be the same. The flaking and bubbling paintwork will hopefully be corrected in due course by another contractor. Avoid this company, they are rude and obviously cut corners with poorly qualified employees/ sub contractors.
Bell Group is rated 3.9 based on 108 reviews