Bell Group Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bell Group
Read Bell Group Reviews

About Bell Group:

Whilst we are considered a market leader, our Group remains a family owned and operated company; George Bell, our Chairman and Founder, set up his own commercial painting and decorating company in April 1984 – Collins and Bell Ltd – operating throughout the central belt of Scotland. Since that time the Group has grown through acquisitions as well as organically; this has resulted in developing a strong network of services, which have been designed to integrate on a national, regional and local basis. Our key strength as a business is our team which we have developed over the years; this is partly thanks to the comprehensive training programme put in place for all employees and our commitment to respecting individuals.

Tell us how Bell Group made you happy
New kitchen fitted by bells, excellent service, couldn't fault at all, special mention to Gary the joiner, first class.
Bell Group have successfully tendered for a wide range of projects across Cumbria Education Trust. On each occasion, despite some exceptionally challenging timelines they have always delivered on time and on budget. The standard of work has been equally consistent. Project management is reliable and communication back to the client is always good. Capacity is also an apparent strength, as we often have multiple projects running simultaneously at different sites. Nick Polmear Operation Director Cumbria Education Trust
Excellent quality, service, VFM and cross team working throughout an on going Cyclical Decoration Programme. This in turn has lead to further ongoing programmed works with Bell Group in renewing Kitchens, Bathrooms, Windows and Doors etc. Cant fault the Carlisle and Dumfries offices for a consistently good service across a portfolio of refurbishment works and look forward to continuing our partnership in the future.
Bell Group Carlisle were contracted by our landlords so we had no choice. If you want decorators who get paint on your curtains, carpets, laminate flooring, bathroom sink, taps and tiles, dont paint what you agree they will, use your dyson to clean up then leave it jammed and covered in paint, manage to get paint on your outside garden furniture and leave their lunch rubbish lying around then this is the company for you. Never again.
Yes yes yes yes
Two gentlemen came and cleared our guttering and cleaned our windows. They did a fab job and were very friendly. Thanks Bell Group.
To say i’m disgusted is an understatement. On my travels today i come across a great bunch of your men working away. They were extremely outgoing and polite. I questioned why they was working on a public holiday. I then find out that this company decided not to honour the QUEENS JUBILEE for their staff. I then notice a royal badge on all the vans stating BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN! I’m absolutely gobsmacked and it’s really caused me stress throughout the day thinking of it. I’m Scottish as is this company. I’ve served her majesty all over the world during my long career in the Scots Guards. This stinks of internal greed!!! They don’t deserve to have those stickers and should be publicly shamed. Regards Malcolm
Absolute nightmare from start to finish! Trespassing on our property without permission, causing significant damage to enter a property where they were doing work. Absolute diabolical customer service, over a period of six months of phone calls, the regional manager called me once. No one else returned my calls. The quality of the materials were good but the workmanship required attention, putting in fences upside-down!!! Such was the customer service and lengthy time to get a simple job done my husband will correct. Just too stressful, so please avoid!
We had contractors start work just before Christmas (for bcc),we are still waiting for lee to come back, to gloss back door frame and paint our chimney stack, was meant to be finished 6 weeks ago, please explain why we are still waiting and why p and h scaffolders came last week and said that tewther rd had been finished.
so I work for Bell, Bingham branch, I've work for 3 company's in 30 years n must say its the worst run company I've ever experienced, they charge the customer for a proper job and so far all ive seen is one coat bashers, I'm on a contract of 39 hours and every week I get underpaid and always fighting for the money we earn, the managers never pick there phone up when you call then.... stay clear people and don't trust, my notice is being given.
very good job done ////very polite & respectful workman
Thank you David for the 5* review. We're glad to hear our team were polite and respectful. Bell Group
Very helpful and professional staff, a great team. Took care of all the details.
Thank you Richard for the 5* review. We're glad to hear the team took care of all the details. Bell Group
First class job to decorate our Town Hall in Sanquhar, very professional from survey for estimate to works complete. First class service and very tidy. We are a volunteer committee and registered charity and agree we got value for money.
Never again! Their tendered price was 30% lower than everybody else. They spent the duration of the contract trying to cut corners (no undercoat, 1ct to ceilings etc) to try and re-coup their losses. Beware!
We dont do a lot of work with BELL and Initially the relationship was very good but over time things have slowed down and i always have to chase my local contact which is dissapointing
(Airdrie) -
Hi Martin. Many thanks for your feedback. We will look into this with the local team. If you have any additional detail please email us at, talktous@bellgroup.co.uk Kind Regards Bell Group
We had no choice but to use the Bell Group as our freeholder had them as a preferred supplier, however I know that we were not the only case of poor workmanship in the London area and they are no longer being used. There were problems from day 1. The surfaces were not prep'ed. This is essential for paint adhering particularly in urban areas. Then when the job did start, workpeople turned up for a max. couple of hours each day. The workmanship was appalling, over painting historic features and over painting the glazing on the windows. At one point we came back to a kicked over paint pot on the pavement with it also splattered on the house wall where it had obviously fell from a height. I raised my concerns with the foreman immediately and was palmed off with comments like " we really don't want to be here. We have a house we are working on in Muswell Hill!" as well as being very aggressive and confrontational. In the end they got 4 people on the job (including 2 apprentices) and completed it in 3 days at a cost of £10K! They also spent 1 day scrapping all the paint off the glazing. To add insult to injury, when they removed the scaffolding, they broke a tile and water leaked into my kitchen. Within months, the paintwork started to bubble and flake. We got an independent survey done who confirmed that the work was substandard. We appealed to our Freeholder and got our money back into the sinking fund eventually, but that was only when there had been investigations and it transpired we were not alone. There were several properties which Bell had worked on in the London area which had substandard decoration. 1 year and a half later the work is still evidently bad with overpainted historic features which will never be the same. The flaking and bubbling paintwork will hopefully be corrected in due course by another contractor. Avoid this company, they are rude and obviously cut corners with poorly qualified employees/ sub contractors.
Worked for marine branch what a joke supervisors are all bullies and don't care about the work money paid just above minimum wage had to argue with storeman to get ppe all the workers are on drugs or drunk don't go near them and avoid at all cost
Hello Over the moon with the Quality and Service given by Bell Group Amazing team effort, great relations and support from all the staff. Thank you to all the Trades People for all the hard work Brian King (Progress Housing Group)
(Warrington) -
Don't bother bringing this company near my property you have bad reviews I might be renting my property from a housing association but doesn't mean I don't have tenants rights. Stay in Scotland and leave the Midlands Alone.
No words I like the company is what I was looking for and have more…
Bell Group is rated 3.9 based on 108 reviews