Bell Group Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bell Group
Read Bell Group Reviews

About Bell Group:

Whilst we are considered a market leader, our Group remains a family owned and operated company; George Bell, our Chairman and Founder, set up his own commercial painting and decorating company in April 1984 – Collins and Bell Ltd – operating throughout the central belt of Scotland. Since that time the Group has grown through acquisitions as well as organically; this has resulted in developing a strong network of services, which have been designed to integrate on a national, regional and local basis. Our key strength as a business is our team which we have developed over the years; this is partly thanks to the comprehensive training programme put in place for all employees and our commitment to respecting individuals.

Tell us how Bell Group made you happy
First class team well lead by Adam.
(South Wales) -
Professional, competent contractor that provides clear pricing of work, an appropriate level of supervision and prompt invoicing on completion
(Edinburgh) -
Bell completed some exterior painting at one of our sites over the summer. The work was to an excellent standard, on programme and the staff professional.
(Stoke) -
Very straight forward to work with, receptive to ideas and discussion and very friendly with a can do attitude
(Edinburgh) -
I have been happy with the work carried out by Bell Group. Any issues were dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
(Leeds) -
Had the pleasure of using Bell Groups painting services for one of our sites in Edinburgh. Professional from the word go and always on hand to advise when the project changed slighlty. I would have no hesitation on using Bell Group again and i would highly reccomend them to others.
Competitive price and great service from start to finish. Fantastic team
Work carried out during appalling weather conditions but all efforts made to get work done. Well organised tidy workers. Happy to have them back.
We had a pretty firm scope in our mind (we thought) but after seeing some of the colours on the walls (which we picked, just to be clear) we weren’t pleased with the aesthetics of the room. Despite a busy work schedule, the operations manager was able to reprioritise and reshuffle the workload for the team we had on site to ensure they could repaint a different colour. The colour issue was our fault, but the way the Bell team just adapted and helped us along (as you can imagine it was stressful for us) was first class. It was a significant undertaking (most of the house) and any time the Bell team (Bill and Bradley) came across an issue, they adapted or even made suggestions in terms of solutions that would make the overall work look better. All their suggestions were implemented and I’m positive the results has improved as a result. That’s why you pay professionals!! The office team have also been a pleasure to work with. Would highly recommend.
Bell Group are currently working on my estate painting the windows and doors. The chaps look well presented and are extremely polite. They kept me informed of the works and the end result looks fantastic.
We had no choice but to use the Bell Group as our freeholder had them as a preferred supplier, however I know that we were not the only case of poor workmanship in the London area and they are no longer being used. There were problems from day 1. The surfaces were not prep'ed. This is essential for paint adhering particularly in urban areas. Then when the job did start, workpeople turned up for a max. couple of hours each day. The workmanship was appalling, over painting historic features and over painting the glazing on the windows. At one point we came back to a kicked over paint pot on the pavement with it also splattered on the house wall where it had obviously fell from a height. I raised my concerns with the foreman immediately and was palmed off with comments like " we really don't want to be here. We have a house we are working on in Muswell Hill!" as well as being very aggressive and confrontational. In the end they got 4 people on the job (including 2 apprentices) and completed it in 3 days at a cost of £10K! They also spent 1 day scrapping all the paint off the glazing. To add insult to injury, when they removed the scaffolding, they broke a tile and water leaked into my kitchen. Within months, the paintwork started to bubble and flake. We got an independent survey done who confirmed that the work was substandard. We appealed to our Freeholder and got our money back into the sinking fund eventually, but that was only when there had been investigations and it transpired we were not alone. There were several properties which Bell had worked on in the London area which had substandard decoration. 1 year and a half later the work is still evidently bad with overpainted historic features which will never be the same. The flaking and bubbling paintwork will hopefully be corrected in due course by another contractor. Avoid this company, they are rude and obviously cut corners with poorly qualified employees/ sub contractors.
Great team, customer focused, caring management.
I honestly can not thank Bell Group enough for the fantastic job they have done in our 2 kids treatment rooms in our Emergency Department, the quality of work is outstanding and it has definitely gave the kids visiting the Emergency Department a less daunting experience with the bright colourful animals on the walls. Thanks for everything Bell Group.
Excellent customer service and first class communication.
painters were decorating the fences in our block and refused to place wet paint signs down, residents of the block have been complaining about getting paint on their hands and clothes and the painters only laughed at them. Painters have been hostile and completely inappropriate
Very happy from start to finish. From getting them in to give me a quote to getting the job done, everything ran smoothly. The work was carried out as quoted and the finish was excellent. Would have not worries of using Bell Group again. Customer service has been first class.
Worked for marine branch what a joke supervisors are all bullies and don't care about the work money paid just above minimum wage had to argue with storeman to get ppe all the workers are on drugs or drunk don't go near them and avoid at all cost
Bell Group painters are supposed to be cyclical painting exteriors and common stairways in our block they did absolutely no surface preparation, one coat of badly applied paint and internally missed surfaces painted cupboards closed drips of gloss running down the concrete floor and the work is already degraded less than a month later! It’s supposed to last 7 years! I would not recommend them to anyone nor would I want them to paint anything near me again. The communication was poor to say the least and their security measures non/existent. The painters were rude and always said “you should have been told by letter” this was not the case. A total of 2 letters and a sacked Residents a liaison officer! I give this company a very low rating and would encourage you not to use them.
so I work for Bell, Bingham branch, I've work for 3 company's in 30 years n must say its the worst run company I've ever experienced, they charge the customer for a proper job and so far all ive seen is one coat bashers, I'm on a contract of 39 hours and every week I get underpaid and always fighting for the money we earn, the managers never pick there phone up when you call then.... stay clear people and don't trust, my notice is being given.
Bell Group undertake an annual redecoration cycle of work in our large student accommodation buildings across Scotland. Their pre-arrival communication is always 1st class, their teams are always helpful and friendly and the standard of work has been nothing but excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend using their services for projects big or small.
Bell Group is rated 4.04 based on 85 reviews