The Hot water Bottle Shop Reviews

More Photos & Videos
The Hot water Bottle Shop 5 star review on 29th January 2017
Tom Hill
More Photos & Videos
very quick delivery but item received not as ordered. The one I ordered had a lip to facilitate filling with a hole for hanging.
I'm sure your buisiness is very good. Efficient etc. But my recent purchace of hot water bottle stoppers was all together futile as they did not fit any of the FOUR bottles I have whose stoppers have broken !
Never mind. The search goes on. (Solution:- STANDARDIZED STOPPERS. . .?!)
Dear Hot Water Bottle company,

Not a review- as it’s not your fault- but I assumed that hot water bottle stoppers were standard sizes. This one is just a tiny bit too small- so a waste of money- I shall probably have to throw out the hot water bottle and start again. Perhaps you could make the sizing issue clearer
Kind regards,
Daphne Sampson
Still waiting for delivery Had to put a star above for review to work
I love the pretty hot water bottle covers. That said, I do not like the hot water bottles, themselves. The vanilla odour fills my bed - I find it sickly and almost suffocating. The neck of the bottle is not round and self-supporting, so it has to be held open while pouring hot water into the bottle. This is an obvious hazard. I had originally admired the 'holding handle', but see that it is not useable - not even for hanging, because one should hang these things upside down to drain dry. I bought two of these; currently, they are 'airing' in the hope of losing the vanilla odour. A final comment - I bought hot water bottles because I need to use an electric adjustamatic bed, which precludes the use of electric under blankets, in case the cable gets crushed. I don't like over blankets, they are too heavy. I reverted to old school hot water bottles and thought I was spoiling myself with these . . . so am I disappointed? --- yes.
Extremely disappointed that the bottle was not made in the UK but in India where goods are made to order based on the country that have ordered them and not necessarily the best quality. Made to UK standard is meaningless when they come from India as I remember a program sometime back on BBC that highlighted surgical instruments made there. I will not be ordering anything else from your company
only just arrived - very long delivery from order - but looks fine and the long bottle is nicely boxed. Bigger than I thought. Won't know how effective they are as they are wedding presents.
No comments - quick rapid delivery, but problems with wheaties - the inner bag nearly caught fire in our microwave despite being used at recommended settings
Giraffe and leopard print covers are nice but I thought that, for the price, the hotwater bottle would have been of the sturdier variety. I use hotwater bottles every day due to cold extremities so I hope these will last.
No issues with the ordering or delivery process
The hot water bottle I purchased was of acceptable quality, but I was disappointed to find that it was 'Made in India'. For this price I expected a British made bottle.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for leaving a review.

Unfortunately, rubber hot water bottles are no longer manufactured in the UK. The last British manufacturer closed its doors in 2001 and since then rubber bottles have only been manufactured in the Far East and South Asia where the rubber can be sourced easily.

The Coronation Brand is one of the original British brands. They are now made using the latest technology by manufacturers in India that were originally set up by the UK manufacturers.

This is the closest product to the original British bottles that you can now get.

I hope this has been of help.

Kind Regards,
The Hot Water Bottle Shop Team
I can’t really do that, because I was not too happy with the detached attitude of the lady who answered the ‘phone. She first of all answered my telehone call with some brief unintelligible word which was impossible to decipher, and I had to ask “Is that The Hot Water Bottle Shop?”.
I was not pleased with her generally unresponsive attitude during the call. She is aware of this, but made no effort to please a prospective customer.
The hot water bottle itself is fine, thank you.
You may wish to be made aware that I trailed round Preston to Asda, Sainsburys, Lloyds Pharmacy and Moor Park Pharmacy looking to purchase a hot water bottle with a handle, without success. Their bottles were bereft of handles and any other means of hanging up the bottle. You may wish to follow up this info.
item did fit through the letterbox. All items present and correct.
The delivery is quick.
The product arrived quickly so I’m happy with that. I haven’t used it because it’s a present for someone else but it looks nice. However, the box is squashed at one end which is a bit upsetting as it is a present, even though the product inside looks undamaged it’s not nice receiving a gift that looks bashed.
Not happy with the size of the Water Inlet where the Stopper goes. Previous Bottles have had a much larger space to pour the hot water into, and apart from the "Smell" I think the Rubber is OK.
Quick delivery but poor product.
Website isn't entirely intuitive. When the hotwater bottle arrived the 'tissue paper' which was a nice touch was not correctly wrapped around the item. Package took a long time to arrive in Hungary.
The Hot water Bottle Shop is rated 4.63 based on 403 reviews