Webbs Direct Reviews

Read Webbs Direct Reviews

steve@webbs.co.uk

Worcester Road, Wychbold

Tell us how Webbs Direct made you happy
They said 55cm palm I know it's a rough estimate but there was literally 2 stems which measured the highest of 40cm and one was snapped majority of the plant was just under 30cm so yes dissapointed compared to the other plants I ordered from another shop, they measured the same size as the areca palm from webbs when the palm should of been alot bigger and none were snapped should of ordered my palm from the other place I guess
Plant in 3 l pot was wrapped up like a mummy in bubble wrap. The box was labelled fragile. Most other mail order plants are shipped in boxes that restrict movement of the pot either using cardboard or tape or both to keep the pot from flipping and crushing the plant. Couriers habitually throw and flip boxes. Also would have helped if it were, labelled as live plants with clear notice of which side is up. Easy enough to do and the plant received would not have had as many broken branches.
Ordered an arch. Poor delivery experience - just left outside the wrong building without anyone needing to sign for it or check if it was in the right place - driver just dropped it off and dissappeared. Had to manhandle it into my car to take it where it should have been delivered. When we went to put it up the trellis work was very poorly constructed/damaged - not sure which - and we have had to refix everything. Very dissappointed.
Our led reindeer is lovely and we were very happy with it in the Christmas of 2017, however this Christmas 2018 we couldn't get the led lights to work. I emailed customer services during the Christmas holiday and have not received a response
Meeting up with a friend scones very dry coffee poor quality
Thank you for your review, I am sorry you feel you had a negative experience during your visit to the Restaurant. Our delicious scones are baked every day and the turn over is so high during these busy periods that I am surprised you found the scones to be dry. Had we of known on the day we would have happily replaced the item for you. Our delicious coffee is made from a delicious blend called three sixty rainforest beans and we always receive compliments about the taste and flavour of the coffee. If you have any problems on future visits please do not hesitate to let a member of the team know so we can help rectify the matter straight away. Kind regards Sophie
Really Expensive. .. £25 for a salad and a Sunday Lunch , for a very small portion. .. Gordon Ramsey has to eat here. ... I don't mind paying for a decent meal but for me l advise somewhere like a local pub ... l ordered a Flat White Coffee , it was cold and full of milk .. Sorry will not pay that again .
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Webbs Restaurant. Our delicious roast dinners start at £10.25 and use excellent quality meat from Buxton Butchers, the master butchers located in our Food Hall. Usually our servings are generous, with a good amount of roast chicken or large slices of roast meat and home-made Yorkshire puddings accompanied by seasonal vegetables. Please rest assured that I will be looking into the portion size of your roast dinner with the head chef. As you know a flat white is normally a good, strong tasting coffee and had we of known on the day we would have happily replaced your drink immediately for you. We do apologise for this. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave your comments - any feedback from our customers is vital in helping us to consistently improve our service for future customers. We hope we can look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Sophie
I placed 2 orders within a few days of each other and was very happy with the items and dispatch HOWEVER the way that payment is taken (a 'pending' payment which was actually taken from my account followed by a later second payment) resulted in me having the money taken twice for each order. When I contacted Customer Service at Webbs to ask for help to sort this out, I was first ignored, then told I was confused, mistaken and then not telling the truth despite me sending details from my card provider on what they could do to help me. I have therefore had to wait 30 days to have each pending payment returned to me by my card provider, luckily not so much money that it left me in difficulties but it could easily have been the case. It is a shame that the customer service I received means that I will not be shopping here again.
prompt delivery well packaged but quality of plant not very good as a retired plant buyer for a large company i would not have accepted plants of this quality
Ordered an LED tree. It arrived damaged and I reported the same day. I was told that they would swop for another item. 5 days later I am still awaiting a replacement despite email to customer services.
The pots were in a stack with no padding between so they rattled about and were smashed on arrival. Useful telephone conversation ensued and I await replacements.
Not enough staff on the tills recently which meant waiting longer than normal. Tills were not being monitored by the manager on till duty
Original order as wedding present did not arrive and was not even posted however the saving grace was the gentleman in customer services who sparkled and arranged delivery the morning of the wedding. Thumbs down for service, thumbs up for customer care.
I ordered some trellis and some roses from this company. All items were marked as in stock and should be delivered within a couple of working days. The following day I received an email saying it had been delayed 24 hours, fine. However in the free days after that it didn't turn up, and I received no dispatch email. I emailed to enquire and got no response. I then phoned but the correct department weren't available and didn't call back as I was told they would. I eventually got through to the right people and was told that one rose was missing and they were trying to locate it and that they would phone back, which they once again failed to do. In the end they delivered the rest of the order but not the missing rose. I kept being told the rose would be delivered on a certain day but then that day would pass with no delivery, and when contacting them they still didn't have the stock. They said they would send a dispatch email, but when the rose finally was dispatched (3 weeks late) there was no email. I have given two stars because all the products were decent quality when they arrived, but customer service is appalling. They don't phone back, and often don't reply to emails, and just seem to have no idea what is going on.
I have been a fan of Webbs for many years and although I no longer live in the area I visit about 4 or 5 times a year and each time Webbs is top of my list of places to go. I must have spent thousands of pounds there over the years all of which were top quality and a lot of garden tools are still at their best after many years of usage. You an imagine my upset when going there on Sunday to lunch, seeing the used trays with uneaten food being taken by tray and tray trolleys through between the hot food counters where fresh hot food was being served and then taken behind the ladies serving the hot food counter to the kitchen. I cannot be the only one who finds this most unhygienic, so I looked to see what their hygiene rating was - as this is supposed to be on view at all times - nothing showing anywhere, I assume they do have one and hopefully it is a (5), but on Sundays performance it would have been a (1). I won't go into the roast potatoes in their jackets... uggh.. and the fact that I couldn't eat either of mine as they were black inside. I still enjoyed the shopping and spent well over £60 in there, most of which I could buy from a local (to me) garden centre, plus the £20 odd for two meals and two teas. I will probably visit again in the next couple of months but if I do, it will be for shopping only, I think it will be down the road to either The Crown or the Robin Hood for a meal.
The bulbs were delivered quickly and efficiently. They had however sprouted so much that they had curled round and round and were very difficult to get out of the bag and plant. Some sprouts were damaged and broken. Sadly they don't seem to be picking up at all and I can only hope I am planting for the future and they will come good next year
ordering was easy but delivery cannot be left without a signature so cant be left in the porch and the depot is almost half an hour away. not sure i would have bothered to order if this had been clear
Products were in a very poor condition. Although offered reduction in price to compensate I will not be purchasing off Webbs again. The contact was very helpful and did the best he could but I feel more time should be taken in making sure that products are in good condition before dispatch.
The delivery date was given, but then delayed. The quality of the product was poor.
Even though the customer service was very good at Webbs I was badly let down by the deilery service as it never turned up at all on the day it was booked in to arrive and the time I specified for the next day was also incorrect, not good enough for people who run a busy business I'm afraid.
Whilst the ordering process was excellent, as was the delivery timescale, the product delivered (a large wooden obelisk ) just came with a packet of screws and no instructions. There was no obvious way of making it a sturdy structure and it was very much hit and miss. It took two of us nearly 2 hours to construct what should have been a very simple structure. Some more thought needs to be given in respect of adding just some basic instructions.
Webbs Direct is rated 4.75 based on 1,552 reviews